The Doodlies (Misc. Beings Intent on Losing Weight)

Nice to meet you, Krystal! :) Seems like you had a solid week 1! And all the tracking systems you have? Wow. Now I need to get something, too O__o Maybe something I could put on my wall...

I had a somewhat bumpy week 1...! I had some vivid nightmares, which lead to sleeping problems, which lead to eating a bit more than I should have eaten. I also started my summerjob, which was scary, but it's actually been very easygoing so far... Nevertheless, my spirits are high and I'm ready to keep experimenting with food this week!

The ancient scrolls My food log from last summer tells me that I ate a lot more protein and fat than I do these days. They probably helped me to feel full, and my calories were in check. So, this week: more protein, more fat :) I'm having most of my carbs at lunch. Today I got 5½ hours of walking and cleaning, plus 40 minutes of biking. From now on I'll start working at 7 AM, hopefully that'll help me get more sleep (started at 6 AM today)!

Hi there Ensi! Pleasure to meet you too :)

It kinda sounds like a lot, but its fairly simple really. If I ever figure out how to put images on here, I'll post some pics. I did spend a bit of time working on my 6-week SMARTgoals checksheet, but I like that kind of thing, so it didnt feel like a lot of effort :) 

I feel your pain on the nightmares. I too have a tendency to get them, and know that cycle very well. Have you noticed any particular triggers for them? I find if I'm overheating, dreams and nightmares will get insanely vivid. Or if I've been watching particularly intense tv footage. I find going to my 'happy space' - the greenhouse in my instance, helps me deal with the after affects better and I dont misuse food so much. 

Excellent job on your exercise :) Sounds like you're doing great.  

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

For the first time this challenge, I'm battling temptation tonight. I'm craving chocolate or some form of crap, but it being a non workout day, I'm not comfortable that I trust myself to just have a little. I suspect it'll lead to a deficit destroying binge. I'm going to grab a herbal tea and watch some more OITNB before bed, take my mind off my mind.

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

For the first time this challenge, I'm battling temptation tonight. I'm craving chocolate or some form of crap, but it being a non workout day, I'm not comfortable that I trust myself to just have a little. I suspect it'll lead to a deficit destroying binge. I'm going to grab a herbal tea and watch some more OITNB before bed, take my mind off my mind.

Urgh, I have days like that. Did your distraction techniques work? 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Urgh, I have days like that. Did your distraction techniques work? 

Yes, disaster was avoided. Enjoyed a camomile and honey herbal tea, the sweetness helped stave off the chocolate aliens. And oddly, a couple of spoonfuls of the cold vegetable soup which I had in a pyrex dish in my fridge for tonight (my mum insists on making sure her 42-year-old baby boy is eating well!) took care of the hunger pangs, so I didn't feel the need to go and snack.

Got another two episodes of OITNB in, too. I need to burn through the rest of that series quickly, before it affects my reading plan!

• Like 3

Yes, disaster was avoided. 

Well done on battling the cravings! 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

You know what, actually just taking the pause to come and record the moment on here was a help itself. It forced me to actually think about what I was going to do, instead of just going to the kitchen and mindlessly doing it. Confession: it's good for the soul AND the waistline.

• Like 4

You know what, actually just taking the pause to come and record the moment on here was a help itself. It forced me to actually think about what I was going to do, instead of just going to the kitchen and mindlessly doing it. Confession: it's good for the soul AND the waistline.

It's a great idea. I also do what you do and have chamomile and honey or peppermint and licorice herbal tea if I am craving something sweet (it tastes like humbugs) and I always keep Bovril in just in case I fancy something savoury and salty. I add freshly ground black pepper It has about 10 cals a cup and as a bonus, you can pretend you're at a football match in the olden days. 

• Like 2

It's a great idea. I also do what you do and have chamomile and honey or peppermint and licorice herbal tea if I am craving something sweet (it tastes like humbugs) and I always keep Bovril in just in case I fancy something savoury and salty. I add freshly ground black pepper It has about 10 cals a cup and as a bonus, you can pretend you're at a football match in the olden days. 

I wish I could like this twice. Yes to the Bovril, YES to the black pepper, and YES YES YES! to olden days football (in Scotland, the bovril was traditionally accompanied by the legendary Scotch pie, a demonic creation which would erupt with volcanic grease when bitten into.)

Just realised all those YES's make me sound like Meg Ryan. I really am a disgusting foodaholic.

• Like 3

Just realised all those YES's make me sound like Meg Ryan. I really am a disgusting foodaholic.

I think a lot of us here can empathise with that sentiment. I love food almost as much as I love to cook food which is why I am here and have to be on MFP in the first place!! 

Nothing disgusting about it though, food is excellent! (Maybe a little too excellent...)

• Like 2

Busy days. Exercise, a lot of work, children, and now I'm excising more I'm sleeping more too. 

I'll catch op with all your threads when things slow down. 

Spoiler

Having a rough couple of days cause I'm not sleeping. Totally blows. Makes it hard to want to do anything.

Why are you not sleeping? Hope you'll get a good night sleep soon!

Spoiler

Only managed a deficit of 306 yesterday, but it was a non-workout day, and I was nailed to my desk all day, so it could have been a lot worse. Workouts are planned for tonight and tomorrow, so that should haul the daily average back up again. On the plus side, I'm still running at 0 days wthout deficit this challenge.

Anyone got exciting/interesting plans for the weekend?

Only managed a deficit of 306 yesterday, but it was a non-workout day, and I was nailed to my desk all day, so it could have been a lot worse. Workouts are planned for tonight and tomorrow, so that should haul the daily average back up again. On the plus side, I'm still running at 0 days wthout deficit this challenge.

I'm going with the family for the afternoon with my son's boy scout troop where they are camping.  Archery and hatchet throwing on the docket!  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Going to shop with a friend tomorrow, and going for sushi because she just had her birthday. And going to sell stuff at a market next Sunday (I sell cloth diapers and baby carriers that I make myself). 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Deficit currently at 774 for today, and I'm pretty stuffed, so I think that'll be all she wrote.

Split a Chinese char sui chow mein with SomeWifeFromScotland as a reward for my general awesomeness!

Dad is coming to town. And he's reading my book. So that's exciting for me.
  • Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Hi Doodlies! I've been out of sight, but you sure haven't been out of my mind :D It's Midsummer, so I've been "running loose" for a couple of days. I ate a lot yesterday, but the day before that went pretty well... Back to tracking calories today. This weekend I'm going to just relax and get ready for another week of work :)

Dad is coming to town. And he's reading my book. So that's exciting for me.

Oooh! That sounds very exciting, indeed :o Hopefully we'll get to read your book one day!

• Like 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

This weekend was a pretty good one - DH and I went to the local karaoke finals, had a great night out with a fair bit of dancing (though the extra calories in the alcohol still added up mighty fast).  My outfit for the night was a size smaller than what I usually wear, both jeans and top :)  I'm still going to have to be careful with my calories for the rest of today if I want to reach my target, so we have a healthy-ish dinner of lamb and steamed vegetables planned. My mouth is watering even as I think of it. Who would have thought that I would every look forward to vegetables lol.   

Today we went to the local market and I found a beautiful pink orchid, which then prompted me into spending time in the greenhouse, meaning i well and truly met my target this week! 

Looking forward to week 3!!!

• Like 3

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

Oh hai.

box-of-shame-gif.gif

Kinda. But not really. But kinda.

If a father can't eat to shameful, delicious excess on father's day, then when can he do it? I REGRET NOTHING!

Okay, maybe I slightly regret the salted caramel Millionaire dessert (tiny tub, 529 calories.)

On the plus side, I only ended up 170 calories in the red, but still, that's my one cheat day used for the challenge. Onwards!

• Like 3

Oh hai.

box-of-shame-gif.gif

If a father can't eat to shameful, delicious excess on father's day, then when can he do it? I REGRET NOTHING!

Okay, maybe I slightly regret the salted caramel Millionaire dessert (tiny tub, 529 calories.)

On the plus side, I only ended up 170 calories in the red, but still, that's my one cheat day used for the challenge. Onwards!

170 isn't too bad for excess. Well done!

Ensi, I'll DM the book info so you can look at it. Dad finished it and in typical Dad fashion made me feel all fuzzy by telling me how proud he was. My challenge may not be going super well right now but that was awesome.

• Like 1

Level 4 Drow Adventurer

Stats: STR 8 DEX 7 CON 7.9 STA 10 WIS 8 CHA 7.9

Daily Battle Log

1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th  | 7th Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Twitter

Ah, life! Always getting in the way of getting healthy :D But what are we getting healthy for? Yep, for life. Only 170 kcal in the red is excellent, Scotty! Hope you had a great father's day :)

Ensi, I'll DM the book info so you can look at it. Dad finished it and in typical Dad fashion made me feel all fuzzy by telling me how proud he was. My challenge may not be going super well right now but that was awesome.

Thanks! And happy to hear that your father liked the book :D Getting feedback from the parents is extra special...!

This week I'm paying more attention to my protein and fat intake. Got the "low-cal, no fat" mentality this winter, and now it's time to go "low-cal, pro-fat" again. I do feel better eating more healthy fats, and I don't feel as hungry as with lower intake. I've eaten more cream cheese and mozzarella, added olive oil to meals and just generally got some fat in the machine D8< I've been slacking with my money and Swedish song goals, though... I'm pretty much fixated to my food goal right now. Better to just get things going with other goals, as well :)

• Like 1

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Oh hai.

box-of-shame-gif.gif

I need this box of shame way more than you do.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4