The Doodlies (Misc. Beings Intent on Losing Weight)

Okay, back in the land of deficit after Sunday's escapades. Posted a good 600+ deficit yesterday, but I'm becoming increasingly conscious that I need to sort a couple of things out as a priority:

1. Pick up some more protein shake ASAP. I've been trying to get some since the weekend, but every shop I've been in so far has only had strawberry in stock. And no, because gross. Scotty needs his chocolate flavour. One of the downsides of 9-5 work, by the time I get home and get to go food shopping, it's only the big supermarkets that are still open, and the protein/shake selection in there is limited at best. (SlimFast? GTFOH!)

2. Get better at padding out low days (particularly on workout days) with good calories, not just calories for the sake of the numbers. It doesn't help that I get paid monthly (roll on this Friday!) and by week 3-4 of the month, supplies start to run low, and it's a case of "use whatever's left". Having protein back on my shelf will probably help with that too, as I'll happily just have an extra shake when I get home from the gym to top up.

Happy Tuesday, Doodlies!

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Your plans sound good, Scotty! I especially agree with having good calories: I stopped having my daily portion of quinoa/sweet potato and added healthy fats and protein instead. It's been a few days, and I already feel better! Weird bloating and feeling of being stuck have gone away. The "low-cal, low-fat" mentality crept in during the winter, it seems, and I'm very happy to go "more fat, more protein" way again :D

What a lovely summer weather! I bought some strawberries from the market, took a hot shower, and now I'm just sitting back and enjoying life :) The depression I had a few weeks ago has gone away - for now. That lover never goes away for good Also, I finished GoT season 5 yesterday. Sometimes all the (sexual) violence is a bit too much for me, but I did like this season a lot :)

• Like 2

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Your plans sound good, Scotty! I especially agree with having good calories: I stopped having my daily portion of quinoa/sweet potato and added healthy fats and protein instead. It's been a few days, and I already feel better! Weird bloating and feeling of being stuck have gone away. The "low-cal, low-fat" mentality crept in during the winter, it seems, and I'm very happy to go "more fat, more protein" way again :D

What a lovely summer weather! I bought some strawberries from the market, took a hot shower, and now I'm just sitting back and enjoying life :) The depression I had a few weeks ago has gone away - for now. That lover never goes away for good Also, I finished GoT season 5 yesterday. Sometimes all the (sexual) violence is a bit too much for me, but I did like this season a lot :)

Good to hear you're out of the valley again. The summer weather is definitely a factor with depression. About the feeling of bloating and being stuck, I can totally get that. I'm probably in that place a little myself right now, and I'm sure it's because of the amount of crap which has been sneaking into the diet over the last few days. Hopefully a couple of clean days will get me back on track again.

Nerd confession: never got into GoT at all, but it's not for the want of trying. I watched all of season 1, and got to episode 3 or 4 of season 2, and just said, "yeah, this isn't for me." I really wanted to like it, but it's just not my bag. I'd have been forcing myself to go any further with it. That said, I could listen to Tyrion all day.

• Like 1

I also finished GoT season 5 yesterday! I have had pretty much all this season spoilered for me one way or another though so all in all, I found this season a little less exciting than usual. I understand what you mean about the sexual violence but I guess it is congruent with the time. And a certain person being a massive shit.

My challenge is going well although we did order a pizza yesterday, my deficit was still quite large. I am having trouble sleeping again as I always seem to this time of year so I bought Andrew Marr's A History of the World and read that into the wee hours. It's a fantastic book, but then I am a huge history nerd. 

• Like 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Good to hear you're out of the valley again. The summer weather is definitely a factor with depression. About the feeling of bloating and being stuck, I can totally get that. I'm probably in that place a little myself right now, and I'm sure it's because of the amount of crap which has been sneaking into the diet over the last few days. Hopefully a couple of clean days will get me back on track again.

Nerd confession: never got into GoT at all, but it's not for the want of trying. I watched all of season 1, and got to episode 3 or 4 of season 2, and just said, "yeah, this isn't for me." I really wanted to like it, but it's just not my bag. I'd have been forcing myself to go any further with it. That said, I could listen to Tyrion all day.

Thank you, the summer is definitely helping :) And a couple of clean days (or even meals today!) will totally get you back on track!

Good for you, Scotty! Not everyone needs to like GoT :D If I think about it, it's a very well made series with beautiful settings, and the fact that everyone can die at any given moment makes it pretty special. Nevertheless, I have an on/off-relationship with the series. I do watch it, but I'm nowhere near as obsessed as with, say, Battlestar Galactica, Orphan Black or Orange is the new Black. It's the gore and sometimes sadistic violence (what happens to Theon in season three... just nope, nope) that are huge off-putters for me. But hey, dragons! :D

I also finished GoT season 5 yesterday! I have had pretty much all this season spoilered for me one way or another though so all in all, I found this season a little less exciting than usual. I understand what you mean about the sexual violence but I guess it is congruent with the time. And a certain person being a massive shit.

My challenge is going well although we did order a pizza yesterday, my deficit was still quite large. I am having trouble sleeping again as I always seem to this time of year so I bought Andrew Marr's A History of the World and read that into the wee hours. It's a fantastic book, but then I am a huge history nerd. 

And now we're waiting for season 6 :D Good to hear that your challenge is going well! And ha, I had to check my bookshelf to see if I have the same exact book, but no... I have A Little History of the World by Ernst Gombrich :D Almost!

• Like 2

Once I get through books 2 and 3 from my challenge, I think I'm going to make a start on the Bill Bryson collection I've got on my Kindle. The only one I've read so far is Notes from a Small Island, which I really enjoyed.

Ooooh, that reminds me, Ensi, I finished season 3 of OITNB on Sunday night. I thought it started a little slower this time, but was absolutely fantastic by the end. I loved what they did with the flashbacks to "humanise" some of the characters which have previously been a little less likeable. And the ending of the final episode - how could anyone not watch that with a great big smile?

• Like 1

Ooooh, that reminds me, Ensi, I finished season 3 of OITNB on Sunday night. I thought it started a little slower this time, but was absolutely fantastic by the end. I loved what they did with the flashbacks to "humanise" some of the characters which have previously been a little less likeable. And the ending of the final episode - how could anyone not watch that with a great big smile?

large.gif

• Like 1

Week 3 has started, and I've seen throughout the challenges that is when things start to get rough. 

So a special doodlie challenge seems to be in order, just to shake things up :)

I want you to pick one of your quests that isn't working well, or a quest you are just getting bored with.

When you picked your quest I will link you to an other doodlie. That doodlie gets the power to change that quest for you, just for the 4th week, and you may change a quest for that doodlie.

After the 4th week you may choose to stick to the new quest, change it back to what it was, or mix those two quests up.

Let me know if you want to join. I'm going to link doodlies on Saturday morning (GMT+1)

(this is completely optional off course)

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Very interesting twist Terah!   That's a great way to shake things up mid-challenge when things start to get dull.  I'm going to take a look at mine and see if there is something I am willing to give up control on.  

And - I have only 2 episodes left for this season of OitNB.  I love all the flashbacky stuff too.  It adds more dimension and keeps them real.  Love that show... and GoT.   :pirate:

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

I'm not counting calories today!
No, I'm not counting calories today!

Not that you probably care
much about my food intake
still, nonetheless, I gotta say

that I'm not counting calories todayyyy!

That's a good challenge, Terah! Not participating, though, since I've just got my momentum going and I think I'll be fine :D

• Like 3

That's a good challenge, Terah! Not participating, though, since I've just got my momentum going and I think I'll be fine :D

LOL

• Like 1
Spoiler

And there goes the rest of my afternoon humming that.

I'll also respectfully bypass the group mini, great idea as it is. I'm too Type A to surrender control. I exercise control in all things, Miss Steele. - Terah.

• Like 2

Me too, Terah. I had a good think about my goals but they are all working (regarding all I can do...the scale on the other hand...) right now so I will also respectfully decline. It is a great idea though and something I will definitely think about incorporating in the future if my goals go a bit Pete Tong.

• Like 3

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Hohoho you guys... I'm looking at some pretty intense material right now... My starting pic from 11 months ago, and a progress pic I took yesterday.

I've lost 20 lbs, but it's hard for me to see any change. I think my upper body has definitely lost some mass... And my backside. I'm gonna wait until next week when all the shark week related bloating is gone to take another pic. O__o

I really, really hated taking the starting pic, but now I'm happy to have it :D Hey, maybe I could use GIMP to overlap the pictures and see, if there really is any difference...

• Like 2

it's hard for me to see any change.

Show us, other people can probably see more progress than you can yourself :)

(Something to do with seeing yourself every day)

• Like 1
Spoiler

Show us, other people can probably see more progress than you can yourself :)

(Something to do with seeing yourself every day)

Breaking out the Robert Burns quote for the second time this week:

"O, would some power the gift to gie us, to see ourselves as others see us."

Morning, Doodlies! Hope everyone's having a good week. I made sweet, sweet mouth love to some chocolate protein shake this morning. Switched up to a 30g per serving formula, and dropped in a nice dollop of 0% fat Greek Yogurt with honey. So. damn. Tasty.

Hoping this will help get my calorie intake back on track. It's been shaky at best this week, and while I am still generally maintaining a decent deficit, I've been feeling bloated a lot, and feel like a fair chunk of my calorie intake hasn't been of the best quality. Pay day tomorrow, so we'll be able to get some good food shopping done.

I mentioned this in the "something new" Adventurer mini, but on Saturday, I'm going to attempt to make chilli con carne lasagne. I make chilli quite often, but I'm feeling like trying a different little twist on it. Also, yum, because lasagne.

• Like 3

Plans went a bit awry last night. My normal Thursday evening consists of dropping KidsFromScotland #2 and #3 off at their kids' club, which SomeWifeFromScotland also volunteers at, and then escaping to the gym. SWFS had an... interesting end to her workday. I'll spare you all the details, but it ended in her running late, and coming home covered in blood spatter (not her own). So she decided to skip the club for the evening, and offered to treat me to dinner for two (belated anniversary/father's day). Maybe I was wrong in assuming that dinner for two meant I should eat two people's worth of food. ;)

I exaggerate (sort of) for comic value, it wasn't that much of a disaster. We hit up the local Toby Carvery, and I made the most of the "fill your own plate with your veggies" deal. I went for the turkey, which was definitely the best option (I love pork, not a fan of gammon, and the roast beef can be hit or miss there), and filled the plate with onion, cauliflower cheese, potatos mashed and roasted - tried to go as easy as I could with those - cabbage, and then of course they give you those evil Yorkshire puddings.

I've estimated the calories as best I could using my app, and I'm pretty sure I still ended up in deficit. Planning on keeping today's intake lighter, given there's been a few heavier days this week, and that chilli lasagne is in the pipeline for tomorrow. I still struggle with my old mindset that I need to starve myself of calories in order to lose weight. I know it's dumb, and that I can eat a healthy daily amount and still lose, but it's just a mental block.

Where mah Doodlies at today? Holla atcha boy.

• Like 3