The Doodlies (Misc. Beings Intent on Losing Weight)

Where mah Doodlies at today? Holla atcha boy.

I am continuing my exercise streak today before my friend gets here because I need to be pumped for when we go out to eat because she has a new baby and is nervous about breastfeeding in public but I have offered to knock out anyone who might say anything nasty to her. Not that I think they would but I like my role of henchwoman and take it very seriously. It makes her feel more confident too. I have broken my irritating 8+ day long plateau and can weigh in at a lower weight and a slightly better wrestler (did I mention I weigh myself in WWE superstars? I hope one day to be someone of my own gender #fitnessgoals) and might hit my target for June as long as I continue to behave well and the scale does too. 

I might go to the museum this weekend to see the Ancient Egypt exhibit. 

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

If you're ever in Glasgow, take a trip to the Kelvingrove Museum and Art Gallery. You'd love it.

Woah, that building tho...!

• Like 1

Plans went a bit awry last night. My normal Thursday evening consists of dropping KidsFromScotland #2 and #3 off at their kids' club, which SomeWifeFromScotland also volunteers at, and then escaping to the gym. SWFS had an... interesting end to her workday. I'll spare you all the details, but it ended in her running late, and coming home covered in blood spatter (not her own). So she decided to skip the club for the evening, and offered to treat me to dinner for two (belated anniversary/father's day). Maybe I was wrong in assuming that dinner for two meant I should eat two people's worth of food. ;)

I exaggerate (sort of) for comic value, it wasn't that much of a disaster. We hit up the local Toby Carvery, and I made the most of the "fill your own plate with your veggies" deal. I went for the turkey, which was definitely the best option (I love pork, not a fan of gammon, and the roast beef can be hit or miss there), and filled the plate with onion, cauliflower cheese, potatos mashed and roasted - tried to go as easy as I could with those - cabbage, and then of course they give you those evil Yorkshire puddings.

I've estimated the calories as best I could using my app, and I'm pretty sure I still ended up in deficit. Planning on keeping today's intake lighter, given there's been a few heavier days this week, and that chilli lasagne is in the pipeline for tomorrow. I still struggle with my old mindset that I need to starve myself of calories in order to lose weight. I know it's dumb, and that I can eat a healthy daily amount and still lose, but it's just a mental block.

Where mah Doodlies at today? Holla atcha boy.

Well played for dinner.  It's good to be flexible with your plan and enjoy life but you still made great decisions and stuck to your goals.  It is tough eating more.  I'm right on the edge.  I'm gathering some data this challenge and I think I am going to try to up the calories for the next challenge.  it is scary though.  

I am continuing my exercise streak today before my friend gets here because I need to be pumped for when we go out to eat because she has a new baby and is nervous about breastfeeding in public but I have offered to knock out anyone who might say anything nasty to her. Not that I think they would but I like my role of henchwoman and take it very seriously. It makes her feel more confident too. I have broken my irritating 8+ day long plateau and can weigh in at a lower weight and a slightly better wrestler (did I mention I weigh myself in WWE superstars? I hope one day to be someone of my own gender #fitnessgoals) and might hit my target for June as long as I continue to behave well and the scale does too. 

I might go to the museum this weekend to see the Ancient Egypt exhibit. 

Yay for kicking that plateau to the curb.  

OK doodlies - I have been doing a terrible job of keeping up on y'alls threads.  I'm been super busy at work and that's really where I check in the most.  And I've been busy at home trying to keep up with the goals and the flylady cleaning and getting to bed on time... which I did not do last night and I'm tired.  My brother and his family are coming today for the weekend so I doubt sleep will be a priority then either...  

I promise to catch up soon.  

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Glad to see everyone's doing well <3 And I apologize for not keeping up with your threads all that well! I'll do my best job catching up today :) My Mom's visiting me this weekend, so I'm not as active as usually. I'm going to keep my calories in check, though!

Broke the plateau this morning: 80 kg! Seems like I've found the right way again, now it's just all about maintaining it... Have a lovely weekend, you all!!

And oh, I might put my starting and progress pics here next week... Mom told me that I look like I've lost a lot of weight, so maybe you could see something I can't see, either!

• Like 4

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

Wow, we're really amazing aren't we? Like, not to brag... but we're all pretty excellent. 

*hairflip*

• Like 3

Wow, we're really amazing aren't we? Like, not to brag... but we're all pretty excellent. 

*hairflip*

We are, aren't we?!  I am a little shocked to find it's near the end of week three already. Half way, and for a recruit like me, that means it's nearly time to level up! It's amazing how having a positive group of supporters such as yourselves can assist with keeping on track.    

My progress report from today: I thought I might have a food blow-out, only because I had a full day out away from home and specifically a visit to an evening food-market, where the healthy choices are more limited. I ended up with slow-cooked ribs and wings, but managed to stay clear of the soft-drink, bread and hotcakes. I think (as I have to estimate the calories in my dinner) that I am on target though.

I had a pretty intense morning mentally/emotionally. It was my first time doing something new (and way, waaayy out of my comfort zone) for my derby league, and I was so ridiculously nervous from the moment I woke up. Breakfast was hard to get down, then just kept threatening to make another appearance. I also get light headed and a bit faint when I'm in that kind of headspace (Kinda ridiculous, isn't it - that stressed I might faint!).  Logic brain knew it was all going to be ok and that I was overthinking everything, but emotional brain had the bit between it's teeth and had bolted before I knew it. It was all complete waste of good energy, because I did well in my role, got positive feedback, and I'm not beating myself up about the few little mistakes I made along the way, which is a gold star level of progress in itself. Stoopid nerves. I need to drill down a little into this and figure out a mechanism to deal with it!!

I'll do an overall update in my challenge thread at the completion of week three :)

• Like 2

Level 2 | Adventurer | Lycan

Little by little, a little becomes a lot. 

How the story begins..     Doodlie Buddies

Challenge 1   Challenge 2

Str: 1      Dex: -       Sta: 4       Cha: 1       Con: 5       Wis:  4

Chilli is cooking away nicely in the slow cooker. Soon, it'll be re-assembled as chilli lasagne. Pics will follow.

My hair's not long enough to flip, but high fives, fist bumps and/or butt pats to everyone on their success. Y'alls kick ass.

• Like 1

~~ VALHALLA, I AM COMING! ~~

Season 1 (2015): #0 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5

Season 2 (2016): #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12  #13 #14 #15 

Season 3 (2017): #16 #17 #18 

Ready for the special Doodlie challenge?

tumblr_nq0dgjYXMT1uuwr36o1_250.gif

Here are the participants:

LadyShello

our.lady.of.ashes

Terah

This are our teams:

LadyShello changes a quest for our.lady.of.ashes

our.lady.of.ashes changes a quest for Terah

Terah changes a quest for LadyShello

Please let us know what quest you want to change! 

When you know the quest that needs to be changed for your partner let us know here. I'll update this post with the new quests as they come.

For me that will be my first quest.

• Like 2
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

LadyShello

our.lady.of.ashes

deftona

Terah

This are our teams:

our.lady.of.ashes changes a quest for deftona

deftona changes a quest for Terah

When you know the quest that needs to be changed for your partner let us know here. I'll update this post with the new quests as they come.

Sorry for the misunderstanding  Terah but I said I wouldn't be goal swapping this time. If you're in a pickle though, I can take on an extra goal for the team?

LETS ALL KICK SOME BUTT. 

Chilli lasagne on a plate with footballs on it. 

My boyfriend is well jell. 

Wow. I'd never even noticed that before. Possibly because I normally cover every square inch of plate with food.

• Like 1

Sorry for the misunderstanding  Terah but I said I wouldn't be goal swapping this time. If you're in a pickle though, I can take on an extra goal for the team?

LETS ALL KICK SOME BUTT. 

Sorry, edited the post. 

Spoiler

I've had a lovely weekend with Mom, but today I threw her out of the apartment: I only have one room and we've been within 20 feet of each other for three days!!! D8 (Don't worry, she went to the riverbank to read a book, and the weather was nice. I'm not that heartless...) I used my lonely hour to get a kettlebell workout: 6 min warm-up with a 7,5 kg kettlebell, and then 3x6 min workout with a 10 kg kettlebell. That's the second kettlebell WO of the week, so my target of completing 2 WO per week is going fine :)

So, apart from my introversion screaming for privacy, I've had a lovely weekend! How's everyone doing this Sunday? :)

• Like 3

-:*~ Journal ~*:-

we've been within 20 feet of each other for three days!!! 

You must have a great mom to be able to live like that with her for 3 days :) I love my mum, but that would be a bit too much ;)

Saturday wasn't all that great. We went to have lunch down town and I got really nauseous afterwards. We had plans to meet friends at a bbq, but had to cancel becaus of this :(

Sunday was a lot better. We went swimming with our boys (I'm teaching them how to swim myself) and in the afternoon we went to check out my baby sisters new home. She has found a very nice place to live with her boyfriend :)

• Like 2
Spoiler

LadyShello

our.lady.of.ashes

Terah

This are our teams:

Thanks Terah.  I'll my food goal on the block for the week.  I wouldn't say it's NOT working for me but it's not necessarily working for me either.  I had another weekend with some poor choices and just when the scale was about to make some progress.  I don't necessarily care about a weekend with some bad choices but I don't like this cycle of bad weekends and then trying to make up for it over the weekend.  That's the old pattern.  And next weekend is the 4th of July and our friends are having a party.  I'm certainly making plans to bring some good choices and not graze all day but I know it will not be a normal day.  

So I am willing to accept some help and benefit from a different perspective.  I will still log my food and keep up my spreadsheet because...well data.   :redface-new:

• Like 3

Spoiler

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Thanks Terah.  I'll my food goal on the block for the week.  I wouldn't say it's NOT working for me but it's not necessarily working for me either.  I had another weekend with some poor choices and just when the scale was about to make some progress.  I don't necessarily care about a weekend with some bad choices but I don't like this cycle of bad weekends and then trying to make up for it over the weekend.  That's the old pattern.  And next weekend is the 4th of July and our friends are having a party.  I'm certainly making plans to bring some good choices and not graze all day but I know it will not be a normal day.  

So I am willing to accept some help and benefit from a different perspective.  I will still log my food and keep up my spreadsheet because...well data.   :redface-new:

I'll wait if lady.of.our.ashes still wants to join, otherwise we'll just change each other's goals :)

Spoiler

LadyShello

our.lady.of.ashes

Terah

This are our teams:

And we're off!

LadyShello changes a quest for our.lady.of.ashes

our.lady.of.ashes changes Quest1 (A+B ) for Terah

Terah changes Goal1 for LadyShello

Post the new goal or quest here and in the thread of your doodlie.  Let's do this :)

Spoiler

And the new Goal for LadyShello:

drumroll-please.jpg

I see you like tracking your calorie intake, so I'm not going to make it part of your new goal :P You may track off course, but you won't earn any points doing it.

I want you to pick a number of meals you can stick to (3 or 4 would be a good number). And I want you to stick to that number of meals. Whenever you eat that meal you'll put it on a plate and sit at a table without distractions. Even if your meal is just an apple, put it on a plate, sit at the table and enjoy it. No tv, no reading, no phone, just eat (and maybe talk to the people joining you for that meal). And that means no snacks!

Oh, and that meal exists of only one plate. No seconds. Pile up your plate if you have to, but when you cleared your plate the meal is over (off course you don't need to clear your plate, just stop when you are full)

I think this will help you see how much you are eating and take control of your portion sizes and the number of times you are eating.

• Like 2
Spoiler

And the challenge goal for [our.lady.of.ashes] ...

_ocs__doodle_doodle_by_banannumon-d8duvi

It's time for your extra special Doodlie challenge for week 4.  

I know you've been having trouble with sleep lately and you've been craving sugar and caffeine.  Until that gets straightened out you need something to help you stay successful with less energy.  Your challenge for the week is to eat your vegetables.  Try to incorporate at least one vegetable from each color group during the course of the week - red, orange/yellow, green, blue/purple.  Bonus points for multiple veggies from the same color group (different veggies).  (Fruits commonly disputed as veggies count as veggies for the purposes of this challenge.)

• Like 3

Spoiler

Some random musings.

I was going through my kitchen cupboard this morning, putting together a packed lunch for the Wolverine, and found the following items.

Mint chocolate Aeros

Yorkies

Cookies & Cream KitKats (2 finger)

Drifters

Rockys

It's not that I didn't know they were there. I just haven't been interested in eating them. As a lifelong degenerate chocoholic, I can't emphasise enough what a big deal this is for me. The accountability and drive that being on this site has given me has been a life-saver. In January, any one (or more) of those multipacks would have gone straight into my work manbag - purely with the "intention" of having a bar each morning on my commute, but in reality being nothing but a pile of wrappers and regret by the time I'd driven the 9 miles or so to work.

Am I still an addict? Hell yeah. Am I a slave to it? Not any more.

• Like 4