Luciana Valerosa Culming tries to focus

Hello Druids,
I want to join you for my third challenge. This time I want to work on my time management, learn to relax and relieve pressure from myself. During my last challenge I got overwhelmed from all the things I wanted to do. This time I'll try to keep it simple. I still want to learn for my exams, get healthier and fitter, keep doing some hobbies, … But for the next six weeks, I'll try to stick to three things.

Main Quest: Try to stay sane until my tests at the end of July. This challenge will go from June 8 until July 31 (Because my last test will be on July 31). I want to create three healthy habits, that will hopefully help me to not panic and stay calm during the next six weeks. Another aspect will be to hold my weight. I don't want to drop more weight or gain it all back. At least I don't want to gain weight from eating more. After the tests, I want to continue training and gaining some muscle again.

Quest 1: Getting ready for the next day
Often my days tend to start hectic, because I forget to pack my bag or get something ready. The next few weeks I want to check my Kanban board in the evening and get ready for the next day. This will be important on work days.

Part A) Packing my bag  and part B) Updating my Kanban board.
Measurements for A)Optimum: 5 Days a week; Grading: 4-5 times = A; 3 times = B; 2 times = C; This will only count, if I packed my bag in the evening, because the whole reason for this goal, was to get stress out of mornings. (WIS)*
Measurements for B)Optimum: 7 Days a week; Grading: 5-7 times = A; 4 times = B; 3 times = C; (WIS + CHA)*

Quest 2: Performing the 5 Tibetans regularly

During my Tai Chi Chuan course our teacher introduced us to the 5 Tibetans. I want to perform them more regularly now. Perhaps I can even do them in the morning, when I manage to get the other stuff ready in the evening. During the next few weeks I also want to improve my form in Tai Chi Chuan. But first, I'll try to motivate myself to do something on a daily basis.

Measurements:

Optimum: 7 days a week; 6-7 = A; 5 = B; 4 = C; (CON + STA)*

Quest 3: Preparing lunch boxes

I'm not sure, if I should try out another goal. But at least this one helped me during the first four weeks of my last challenge. This time I'll have a closer look on what I'm packing and try pack at least 300 kcal. A few fruits or a salad isn't enough. Optional: Minus points for not eating anything between breakfast and dinner on work days. (I hope, I won't need this one.)

Measurements:

Optimum: 5 times a week; 4-5 = A; 3 = B; 2 = C; (CON + WIS + CHA)*

* I'm still not sure, how many points I want to give myseld for each quest.

I'll write more about myself on another day, because now I should get ready for tomorrow.

• Like 4

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Awesome to findcha and see you challenge  (even though you're hanging out with the druids and not us crazy monks :P).  I like the goals, especially the 'getting ready for the day' one since I can be scattered too.  Following along for the ride :D

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Thanks for following along RDNottingham, BlackTezca and brutalbears.

Report:

The first few days of the challenge went well.

On Monday and Tuesday my bag was packed with some leftovers and I have been doing the Tibetans every morning since Sunday, June the 7th. But today my bag wasn’t packed, because I was really tired at night and of course I forgot half of it. I think, I’ll have to have a closer look at my daily activities, to stop myself from working on my daily task in the middle of the night.

The last few days, I’ve been checking my Kanban board as last thing on the day. I should do this earlier and pack my bag, before playing something.

Oh and for this challenge, I’m trying to make a small note for every day, so I can rate the challenge at the end, even if I don’t post here. It looks like a chart. For the other challenges, I used my computer to write my progress down. But during the semester I don’t always want to start my computer, when I get back from university.

• Like 2

STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

I'm curious about the Kanban board; I'm a big ole nerd so when I think Kanban I think of agile development.  If you have an actual agile board to mark different stories and tasks on, but instead of for coding, for life things...that's pretty cool!  And now I'm here I am wondering how to make my life similar to a form of software development.

Spoiler

---

---

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

I'm curious about the Kanban board; I'm a big ole nerd so when I think Kanban I think of agile development.  If you have an actual agile board to mark different stories and tasks on, but instead of for coding, for life things...that's pretty cool!  And now I'm here I am wondering how to make my life similar to a form of software development.

I don't know, if my board measures up to your expectations. But here it ist ;)

wednesday_small.jpg

I posted a picture in my first challenge and reposted it now. At the moment there are much more notes sticking on it and I only draw little pictures, when I know, I'll be using this note more than once. I think with a white board and magnets it would be even cooler.

My boyfriend already mentioned, that Kanban boards were usually used in software development. He also told me, that he and his coworkers wouldn't use it as regulary as me. I like it, because it's more flexible than writing a to-do-list.

Yesterday I fell asleep without packing my bag or preparing lunch. I'll do it in the morning now, because I woke up early enough, but it doesn't really fit my goals.

EDIT: I finally updated my signature. Woops. I totally forgot about this.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Neat board!  I like though; I like the tacks too.  I will say that with a  white board you can make columns on it using markers and have like a 'New Task' column 'In Work' column, and then a 'Complete' column (which is there now with notes).  The only issue with white board is that you can just tack on a sticky note.  If the stick note loses it's stickiness, you have to make a new note.  Kinda annoying there.

It really depends on the software environment; where I work, we're trying to move towards Scrum for an agile methodology and there are workshops.  However a lot of bigger, older companies are still using another older process-heavy software methodology that's not as iterative or flexible as agile thus why he may not use it as regularly.

At least you're still packing a lunch so I wouldn't ding yourself for not doing it last night.  Challenges and quests should be flexible and rules can be bent a bit :D.

screw_the_rules_i_have_green_hair_by_mar

(I use this image so often that I should dye my hair green...)

Spoiler

---

---

---

Week 1 recap:

I review my weeks from Sunday to Monday, because some of my goals are meant to be done for the next day. Also Sunday the 7th was my first day to regularly perform the 5 Tibetans. I hope looking at the weeks from Sunday to Monday will also help me to write my updates earlier. I'm aiming for Sundays.

Sunday: I was motivated and got it all done.
Monday: Went well, too. Because I could take some of the left-overs with me from a meal, that I had prepared for our P&P session. That convinced me to try cooking more during the week. I like cooking and planning for more than one day in advance. I just wouldn't prep for the whole week, because I don't like refrigerated food.
Tuesday & Wednesday: I can't remember, what was the reason, but I was really tired in the middle of the week. For these days, I often have a lot of homework to do. I really should try to finish these tasks at the weekend, especially when there is a P&P session on Monday. I think on Tuesday it was homework and on Wednesday I forgot to pack my bag, because I fell asleep early. Oh and on Tuesday I did the Tibetans twice. The second time was during my Tai Chi Juan session.
Thursday: Got up early and did and prepared my lunchbox in the morning. And the other one was prepared in the evening for the next day. It was a good day and I got a lot of things done.
Friday: I enjoyed my courses at university on Friday. Both topics were very interesting. And then I decided to threat myself with a season pass for the local swimming facility. Swimming was really cool. And it wasn't to stressful to get the 40 minutes in my schedule. I really want to do this again. And than we went dancing at night. But only until midnight, because we were both tired and had to get the train back home. Friday made me realize, that I need some exercise during the week. Usually I don't have to prepare a lunchbox on Friday, because there are no courses on Saturday. But I prepared one in the evening for my boyfriend and me as dinner, so we could get something to eat before we went to the club. I really enjoyed this day.
Saturday: My boyfriends mother surprised me with a shopping tour. Before going grocery shopping, she took me for buying new clothes. Birthday present in advance. It was exhausting, because it was a really hot day. But I'm really grateful, because I got a positive body image during our tour from trying on so many different clothes. For shirts I can now wear S again. But I still don't get the sizes for women's trousers. The last years I got trousers for men and now I can't figure out, what the difference in size means. But I think it doesn't really matter. Now I have a few new tight trousers for the summer and a new bathing suit. (I was told the right term is Tankini. It's  two pieces.) Getting new clothes showed me, how much weight I had lost. (Ok it's only about 20 pounds, but after getting so many compliments from the clerk at the shop, my bf's mother and my boyfriend, I'm feeling like a hero. ^^) And that I can be satisfied about my current figure.

Is there a way to add a table to my post? I'll make a screenshot for now. With the table I realized that my first goal has two parts, which need two different measurements. That's why I'll change my goals a little. I want to tweak my measurements.

EDIT: So, now I can add the measurements for this week ^____^

Goal 1:

Packing my bag in advance: 4/5 times = A

Updating my Kanban board in the evening: 7/7 times = A

Goal 2:

Performing the Tibetans at least once a day: 7/7 (+ 1 extra during Tai Chi Juan) = A

Goal 3:

Packing lunch boxes: 5/5 (+ 1 extra for Friday's dinner) = A

So that's a solid A for my first week. Wow, I didn't think it went that well. But only packing my bag in advance was hard, because I tend to do this really late. If it get's harder, I'll try to do it earlier in the evening and not a few minutes before going to bed.

post-37168-0-92837500-1434419576_thumb.p

post-37168-0-92837500-1434419576_thumb.p

• Like 2

Spoiler

Quest 1: Getting ready for the next day

Often my days tend to start hectic, because I forget to pack my bag or get something ready. The next few weeks I want to check my Kanban board in the evening and get ready for the next day. This will be important on work days.

Measurements:

5 times a week = A

4 times a week = B

3 times a week = C

Changes: I'll split this goal into two parts.A) Packing my bag and B) Updating my Kanban board.

Measurements for A)Optimum: 5 Days a week; Grading: 4-5 times = A; 3 times = B; 2 times = C; This will only count, if I packed my bag in the evening, because the whole reason for this goal, was to get stress out of mornings.

Measurements for B)Optimum: 7 Days a week; Grading: 5-7 times = A; 4 times = B; 3 times = C; Although I did very well with this goal for the first week, I won't change the grading. I want to give myself some room for failure this time and I figured out, that it would be ok, to bot be strikt with the Kanban at the weekend.

Quest 2: Performing the 5 Tibetans regularly

During my Tai Chi Chuan course our teacher introduced us to the 5 Tibetans. I want to perform them more regularly now. Perhaps I can even do them in the morning, when I manage to get the other stuff ready in the evening. During the next few weeks I also want to improve my form in Tai Chi Chuan. But first, I'll try to motivate myself to do something on a daily basis.

6 times a week = A

5 times a week = B

4 times a week = C

I won't change the grading, but I also won't count it, if I did the Tibetans twice on a day. Let's count the days in a row.

Optimum: 7 days a week; 6-7 = A; 5 = B; 4 = C;

Quest 3: Preparing lunch boxes

I'm not sure, if I should try out another goal. But at least this one helped me during the first four weeks of my last challenge. This time I'll have a closer look on what I'm packing and try pack at least 300 kcal. A few fruits or a salad isn't enough. Optional: Minus points for not eating anything between breakfast and dinner. (I hope, I won't need this one.

4 times a week = A

3 times a week = B

2 times a week = C

Optimum: 5 times a week; Grading stays the way it is.
  • Like 3

Spoiler

Saturday: My boyfriends mother surprised me with a shopping tour. Before going grocery shopping, she took me for buying new clothes. Birthday present in advance. It was exhausting, because it was a really hot day. But I'm really grateful, because I got a positive body image during our tour from trying on so many different clothes. For shirts I can now wear S again. But I still don't get the sizes for women's trousers. The last years I got trousers for men and now I can't figure out, what the difference in size means. But I think it doesn't really matter. Now I have a few new tight trousers for the summer and a new bathing suit. (I was told the right term is Tankini. It's two pieces.) Getting new clothes showed me, how much weight I had lost. (Ok it's only about 20 pounds, but after getting so many compliments from the clerk at the shop, my bf's mother and my boyfriend, I'm feeling like a hero. ^^) And that I can be satisfied about my current figure.

Girl! 20lbs ain't nothing to sneeze at. You rock that new weight, even if it isn't your long term goal.

Level 4 Halfling Warrior

| STR 9.5 | DEX 0 | STA 4.2 | CON 6.68 | WIS 6.9 | CHA 4.3 |

Current Challenge

--

Get obsessed with consistency in the actions that feed the goal. Getting obsessed with the goal won't work and neither does having moderate goals. It's like thinking about laying down perfect brick after perfect brick rather than going nuts over when you'll see a building emerge.

-- Amir Siddiqui

Quoted in JC Deen's Staying Leaner Longer

Twitter | Instagram | DeviantArt

Girl! 20lbs ain't nothing to sneeze at. You rock that new weight, even if it isn't your long term goal.

Oh, I think you got me wrong. 20 lbs was my weight loss goal. I don't want to lose more. I just got the feeling, that it isn't that much. Ah I'll stop talking my achievement little and take your compliment. Thank you very much ^^ I really hope, that I'll be able to hold my weight this time. But it looks good at the moment. But it looks good at the moment. There haven't been bigger movements since the middle of May. So I was able to hold my weight for one month. =)

I think a bigger achievement is, that I have enough self-esteem now to wear tight clothes on purpose. I still like to wear baggy clothes as well (and I have quite a lot of them now ^^), but it's good to like yourself and be able to look in the mirror with self care. 20 lbs wasn't much to lose. I think my negative self-perception has something to do with habits in my family. I realized, that I don't have to look like other people. It's more important that I like myself, because with that seems to come a beautiful vibrancy.

I hope to learn liking myself on more levels from now on. A week ago somebody told me, that I have to give myself room for failure. It's ok to make failures and it's better to try out something, than to not doing anything, because you are afraid of failing. *exhales deep* For me it's a tricky task to fulfill this one.

• Like 3

Spoiler

I'm happy that you got a body positive boost from the shopping trip!  It's good to just like how you look and feel fabulous :D.  I also need to work on that..as well as buying more formfitting clothes...

Specifically jeans.  Need less baggier jeans. 

Awesome week 1 write up and analysis!  Looks like Week 1 was a resounding success too!!  Fantastic :triumphant:

Spoiler

---

---

---

Thank you BlackTezca. Seems like I'll be needing this little boost for this week. The week started bad, because I messed up my sleeping schedule. I was really tired on Mondayevening and went to bed early. Unfortunately, my bf went to bed late (after watching the E3) and woke me up. Somehow I couldn't get back to sleep than because it was so hot. After opening a window, the mosqitos kept me awake. I gave up getting any sleep at 3 am and was really tired to whole Tuesday. Even Tai Chi wasn't going well. My teacher told me to keep it easy. She saw, that I was a little feeling dizzy. At least I slept through last night. Eleven hours are a lot for me. Of course I have to work a lot because I didn't get anything done mondayevening and Tuesday, but at least my sleeping schedule is fixed again.

I think worrying too much has drained my energy again. Next month are the exams in English, mathematics and theater. I'm getting nervous again. And I was procrastinating on the weekend. At least the bathroom is clean now. But for the rest of the week, I'll have a closer look at my learning hours and that I finish the other university related tasks before the weekend.

Spoiler

Hey there! I'm back from vacation and here to follow your challenge. :) 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Hey there! I'm back from vacation and here to follow your challenge. :)

That's so nice of you. Thank you. I hope your holiday went well. What I read in your challenge so far, you did a good job in persuing your goals during your holiday. That's really great. You can be proud of yourself. I never get to follow my goals during holidays. Especially following my learning schedule :/

Spoiler

Thank you BlackTezca. Seems like I'll be needing this little boost for this week. The week started bad, because I messed up my sleeping schedule. I was really tired on Mondayevening and went to bed early. Unfortunately, my bf went to bed late (after watching the E3) and woke me up. Somehow I couldn't get back to sleep than because it was so hot. After opening a window, the mosqitos kept me awake. I gave up getting any sleep at 3 am and was really tired to whole Tuesday. Even Tai Chi wasn't going well. My teacher told me to keep it easy. She saw, that I was a little feeling dizzy. At least I slept through last night. Eleven hours are a lot for me. Of course I have to work a lot because I didn't get anything done mondayevening and Tuesday, but at least my sleeping schedule is fixed again.

I think worrying too much has drained my energy again. Next month are the exams in English, mathematics and theater. I'm getting nervous again. And I was procrastinating on the weekend. At least the bathroom is clean now. But for the rest of the week, I'll have a closer look at my learning hours and that I finish the other university related tasks before the weekend.

Oh man I'm so sorry.  Heat is easy to get drowsy in and yet a bitch to actually try and get some decent sleep in.  I'm glad that the eleven hours help and hopefully with the sleeping schedule fix, things will get better. 

I offer my support to you!  That and hugs!

hugs-3.gif

Good luck and stay strong! :love_heart:

Spoiler

---

---

---

Reminder: Today will be a good day.

I'm looking forward to writing the weekly reflection. I really look forward on trying out my new sword and telling you about it. I want to finish my task for university and get over with it. I'm looking forward to skypeing with one of the monks. And I'll do my Tibetans now and take my time. Because I feel more grounded after taking some peacefull time for myself.

Have a nice day. I hope you are all well.

• Like 6

Spoiler

I'm glad you are feeling more grounded due to the peaceful time!  I can't wait to hear your weekly reflections and also about your new sword fun times!  That's gotta be awesome :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

---

---

---

Reminder: Today will be a good day.

I'm looking forward to writing the weekly reflection. I really look forward on trying out my new sword and telling you about it. I want to finish my task for university and get over with it. I'm looking forward to skypeing with one of the monks. And I'll do my Tibetans now and take my time. Because I feel more grounded after taking some peacefull time for myself.

Have a nice day. I hope you are all well.

Peaceful moments are a wonderful thing, and they can really change the course of a day.

Wir wollen über das Rapier zu hören! :D

"You are what you do. Choose again, and change." - Miles Vorkosigan

Challenges

109 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |

Peaceful moments are a wonderful thing, and they can really change the course of a day.

Wir wollen über das Rapier zu hören! :D

Wir wollen (mehr) über das Rapier hören!

Hopefully I get all my stuff done today and stop procrastinating today. "Life is strange" and bad weather got a little in the way. I'm not good in resisting.

• Like 1

Spoiler

The update will come soon. Take this picture of weapons as teaser.

My new Rapier is in the middle. And these are not all mine. Most of them belong to my bf. I'm actually deciding, if I should sell the one-armed one (second one from top), because someone asked me about it. We trained a little with the Rapier yesterday. The blade is as long as his bastard sword (one and a half hands; it's under the rapier in the image). That's really different from using a shorter one handed. And I really don't know, why he put his ax on the picture. ;)

IMG_0128_small.jpg

Following my goals went well last week. I think. Packing my bag didn't work. At least I finished my work sheets tonight and can look forward to the weekend now. And I had another pretest for English on Wednesday. I still have to work on my pronunciation, but my tutor said, that I was making progress. Jay! \o/ I have visited a lot of coaching sessions this week. Really good. Oh and I got some usefull tipps to tweek my timemanegement. I'll try that out next week.

Thanks for your support.

More will hopefully come on Sunday. I really have to pack my bag now. ^^

• Like 5

Spoiler