• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lou_be_Lou

Lou_be_Lou gets going

You are really making me want to give jujitsu another shot. Last time I tried I couldn't stop giggling uncontrollably as I got tied in knots. 

• Like 1

You are really making me want to give jujitsu another shot. Last time I tried I couldn't stop giggling uncontrollably as I got tied in knots. 

ok, so in tonight's training three of us lost about 5 min of the class to complete giggle fits - its definitely one of the bonuses of jujitsu!  Plus, as you get lighter landing definitely gets easier.

Today was better than I thought it would be - started really tired, but had a startlingly productive day at work (phew!  work was suffering from me looking after too many students, then not coping with life stuff, then a 3 week holiday, then jet lag, so I'm in need of a very productive streak), then jujitsu, where I still struggle with forgetting techniques, but was less rubbish than tuesday, then GMB guff (which I was too tired for this morning).

PHEW.

Tomorrow I've turned things around cause I'm up past my bedtime right now, and have only just finished dinner stupidly late (but damn it I needed veges, and cooking them wasn't going to happen until after GMB), so sleep in in the morning, kick butt at work, lunchtime yoga, more butt kicking, then GMB after work. I like that plan.  I even have a to do list all ready at work to remind me where to start, plus printed out protocols for the bit that I'm unfamiliar with.  I can do this.  Oh, and after GMB I get to start painting my new cupboards.  DIY weekend approaches.......

You're halfway there! Keep it up!

ok, I got 3/4 of the way there, and it was 11pm and I gave up and went to bed.  Sleep was good.

So, I'm shifting gmb rest day from sunday to friday, which means I haven't missed a session - phew.  I was just too tired.

New day, new shot at stuff - went to parkrun - it felt good, better than last week, they haven't posted out times just yet, but I don't really mind what it is (unlike a friend who I took there, he thinks he got under 19min, so a new PB for him for the course, and stonkingly fast for 5k - superb).

Got home and did my gmb elements session plus gmb hips plus physio neck stuff.  I'm now utterly procrastinating re more painting......  Most of the rest of the weekend = painting.  Time to get going on it!  Painting = functional cupboards again = I can unpack boxes and reassemble rooms into functional spaces instead of cluttered horror zones.

Well, it happens, and sleep is way more important anyway. It's all good. And it sounds like you need the painting done sooner rather than later anyway.

• Like 1

Lou I love your productivity levels!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

it feels good to be back to productive!

Well, it happens, and sleep is way more important anyway. It's all good. And it sounds like you need the painting done sooner rather than later anyway.

Yes and yes.  The sleep was delicious.  I do like good sleep.

Quite a productive weekend so far. You are kicking ass!

Yay! Might have been inspired by your super productive weekends....

Keep up the good work!  You are killing this challenge!

Apparently keeping the challenge simple helps.  Hoping to keep this up.

Bonkers day today - vast amounts of home stuff done.  But despite temptation I also did my gmb elements and hips.  Phew.  It was knowing that I would be confessing here if I missed it that made me do it - cause the sofa was calling me.

I also made a judgement call that despite kickboxing being cancelled I wasn't going to do substitute exercise - focussed on home stuff instead.

What home stuff?  Lots of painting - its nearly done - 4 big cupboards with shelves (grrrrrr re painting shelves), 4 coats of paint needed, of the 16 cupboard paintings I've done 15 - that cupboard started late cause the joiner hadn't quite finished it.  I'm also doing bonus touch ups around the house (chipped banisters, chipped doors etc).  Should be utterly finished tomorrow night.  Plus a couple of hours gardening, plus lots of laundry.

All done.  Bath time cause quite a bit of me is sore from painting.  Oops.

• Like 1

Yay for getting your painting done! I can just imagine you happily putting things where you want them in shiny new cabinets. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

• Like 1

Another day, goals ticked off - jujitsu was a bit better tonight - and I did gmb stuff - currently quite bored with GMB elements (todays main exercise was downwards dog [renamed A-frame for some bizarre reason] into cobra - ok, so thats not new news...... but without any hamstring warm up first so it just all felt a bit wrong), but I'm hoping that later this week it'll get more interesting, and it is week four of the program, so that is the classic week for boredom to hit, so I'm trying to keep doing it.........  last week's spiderman was more fun.

plus today is just a bit grouchy - my home is still all paintfumey, facebook suggested I wish a dead friend happy birthday (so apparently they have the weegie board market sewn up), and today at work all I managed to show is that everything crossreacts in an unhelpful way.  Big achievement for the day = hitting the emergency stop button quickly enough to stop equipment from being damaged.  I count that as a special skill.  Plus its a very satisfying emergency stop button - bright red and yellow and goes in by about 7 cm so you can give it a hammerfist.  Then great clunking and clanking stop noises.  Love it!

That sounds like a very satisfying button to press. Hope you don't go out of the way to cause emergencies. :D

Yeah, boring training happens sometimes. It does. Anything happens with enough regularity, it probably stops being fun at least every once in a while. That's where the discipline aspect of it comes in - the decision to show up day in and day out. That's where the good stuff happens.

And you know, if you're looking for excitement, we do have the side quests after all...

That sounds like a very satisfying button to press. Hope you don't go out of the way to cause emergencies. :D

Yeah, boring training happens sometimes. It does. Anything happens with enough regularity, it probably stops being fun at least every once in a while. That's where the discipline aspect of it comes in - the decision to show up day in and day out. That's where the good stuff happens.

And you know, if you're looking for excitement, we do have the side quests after all...

Ha ha - yes it is a very tempting button...... as is the "man down" alarm. 

I also like our halloween simulated accident in bad places scenario.......  amazing what can be achieved with cardboard boxes, labcoats and red ink.

And the training hump is over already - much more fun yesterday and today - today's GMB session was wildly different to all that had gone before - my lodger was impressed by me having sweat under my eyes........ 

And yep, side quests, I'm still on just keep it simple mode.......  Besides there is always the risk that sidequests will involve burpees, and I'm working back to them gently (like only 5 at a time).

What else?  Yesterday's yoga was brilliant and brutal, a special one cause the coach is off on holiday from the weekend - my stomach is quite sore from it - all good.

And yep, today's gmb stuff all done, plus bonus hip flexor stretches cause I needed them. Jujitsu tonight - hope I have a brain.

Jujitsu was fun - lots of new combinations - I feel slightly broken now - certainly was tied into knots a few times. At one point all of the adult class was collapsed on the mats.  Not normal for our class. 

All thats left for me today is dinner (eating it right now - a sauted vege thing with kale, courgette, mushroom and leek, plus a bit of roast chicken reheated through thrown at it - just right for now), then bed. 

Sounds like a tough training day. Either one of the teachers got a hair or it was just a weird day. Which happens.

• Like 1

I feel more of my tasks need an emergency stop button.

as does life on occasion!

Sounds like a tough training day. Either one of the teachers got a hair or it was just a weird day. Which happens.

its what happens when the young black belt gets to play on us.......  all fun.

But......  I went missing cause my tummy did go revolting..... Total wipeout friday through to sunday afternoon.  Very relieved to recover on Sunday.  This morning got back into things, did GMB stuff before work, and managed a decent day at work, followed by putting the doors back on the cupboards.  Phew.  Feels a lot like bed time now.......

So apologies, I'm behind on reading other folks' battlelogs.  Planning on catching up later in the week.

GUH. Belly problems. Not cool. I would not train through that either.

It's okay, girl, you been busy. Challenge first, then cheering. :)

GUH. Belly problems. Not cool. I would not train through that either.

It's okay, girl, you been busy. Challenge first, then cheering. :)

Aye, but its always inspiring seeing what other folk are up to.  So many awesome monks out here!

GMB morning guff done.  It was another fun one - including 10 min of monkey/frogger/bear flow - despite a horizontal weekend it was easier than last week.  I love it when improvements happen that quickly.

Jujitsu tonight.  YAY.

• Like 1