Dirt Mama making a new start

Dirt Mama

Not been active for ages but decided the time was right to de-cloak and join the rebellion properly again.

Backstory
I'm a 41 year old work at home mum and have been battling my weight for 30 years. Started steadily losing weight for the first time ever around 5 years ago when I discovered the Primal Blueprint. I lost 60lb through various hiccups like pregnancy, moving house etc...before financial dire straits forced us to severely cut our food budget last year, meaning I was back on rubbish value junk food….and I've put back on 40+lbs :(

This month we are finally financially stable again, so hubby and I can start getting back to primal eating & getting fit and healthy. A Challenge is just what I need to kick start me!

Main Quest
Lose all the weight I've gained over the past year & get down to 12 stone (168lb).

Challenge Goals to help me get there:
Goal 1 - Drink no added sugar drinks (fizzy pop, squash, hot chocolate etc) at all for the 6 weeks - so water, tea, pure fruit juices & occasional alcohol only

Goal 2 - Have at least 1 fully primal/paleo meal (without any grains, added sugar and minimal dairy) everyday.

Goal 3 - Take my supplements everyday (Krill Oil, EPO, Agnus Castus)

Life side quest:
Get my new garden weed free by the end of the 6 weeks & identify all the plants in it. We've just moved house so I've got a new patch to tame and make my own. Getting out there will help raise my vitamin D levels, give me some exercise...and make me feel good. I love gardening :)

Motivation:
* I want to have another baby. My biological clock is ticking VERY loudly!
* I want to FEEL healthy & fit. Not fat and old.
* I want to be a better mum to my 2 boys. I want to be able to run and play with them, not be 20 steps behind them telling them to slow down!

This will be a tough challenge as I'm away from home for the first week and we don't have a cooker at home atm so meal options are rather limited for the following few weeks until we can get a new one installed...but I'm fed up waiting. I want to level up now!  :positive:

• Like 1

Hi Doodlie! 

I'm a work at home mom of two boys as well :) This is my 4th challenge and I'm finally feeling I can out energize my boys (they are 2,5 and 4,5). How old are your boys? 

Good luck on reaching your goals!

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Hey Terah, thanks for the reply :) That's so great you are seeing good results. 

My boys are 10 & 4. Both v lean and super speedy and I simply can't catch them atm, especially the 4yr old who's just got new barefoot shoes and now says he feels 'supersonic' LOL.

I'm feeling great so far on day 1. Supplements taken, primal lunch chomped (huge salad, compliant pate & coconut yoghurt) and only had water & earl grey tea to drink so far. Just supper out tonight to get through without reaching for my usual glass of coke.

• Like 1

MIni Challenge Week 1 - SMART GOALS 

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?
Yes my overall quest is to get back to where I was last year. I've done it before so I know I can do it again.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?

I've specifically chosen challenge quests that help build towards my main goal in small ways. I'm on holiday this week and we still don't have a cooker at home so I knew trying to be strictly primal for all meals would be impossible at the moment...but I wanted to start something now. So gradually changing my behaviour in small ways will help me make good choices but still allow be a little room for difficult situations.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
Yes my goals are realistic for me. 

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?
I have a spreadsheet ready to log each day & will try to post here to give me some accountability.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
Pass/fail for all 3. Reward is the end result

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
As I'm only making small changes with this challenge illness shouldn't affect me too much. But I shall be making some compliant freezer meals that will be helpful for those days when I CBA.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
Yes. Only changing one meal a day means I can still indulge while on holiday and my son's birthday is in July so I can still let my hair down & eat treats & not feel deprived.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
No. They all work together to help me be healthier.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
Yes I have the time to complete the goals. Only having the 1 primal meal per day for this challenge means it can be a quick salad if necessary so no worrying about having to cook for hours on top of other commitments.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
My main quest to get down to 12 stone is my focus but I am working to achieve it through lots of smaller changes. Hopefully this will make me more likely to succeed.

• Like 2

Hello! Sounds like you have a great plan for this challenge, you can do it!

I have a lot of the same goals. I've got over 100 pounds to lose, and we want another baby very badly as well (2 girls right now). I'm a homeschooling mom, so not working a job, but definitely feeling the pressure of added activities in addition to keeping house and feeding children :) 

Good luck on this challenge, maybe we can motivate each other!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Major Weight Loss Goal- 117 pounds

12%
12%

Weight Loss Goal Current Challenge- 10 pounds

20%
20%

Walk to Rivendell

1.5%
1.5%

Hey Doodlie.  You've got some solid goals.   Don't you just hate how real food costs so much money but all that processed crap is do cheap?  We went through something similar a couple years back.  We had to severely cut the food budget and we ended up with the poorest choices... which lead to more poor choices since your food is lacking nutrition.  It's like trying to fill a hole with air.  

good luck.

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

hello

Hi Doodly.  How is it going over here?  Still on track?

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4