MikeD, Level 2 Ranger, Starts to Range.

MikeD0227

For the last 6 week challenge I started working out and eating better. Doing a body weight workout every other day for the work out, and cutting out soda, fast food, and limiting myself to having grains once a day. Also to eat at least one salad and a piece of fruit a day, and cut down my alcohol consumption to once a week. During the last challenge I didn't miss a workout, although I had to cut a couple short due to time constraints, but the drinking once a week was more difficult, and I didn't make it most weeks....

So for this challenge I am going to continue doing my body weight workouts every other day, but I will be adding in a run on my off days to keep myself active. I want to run at least twice a week, but if I do it more that is ok too, and extra points to me. I am not setting a time or distance as of yet due to the fact I haven't ran in over a year and don't want to hurt myself. Maybe that will be a quest for the next challenge. I will also keep up with my one salad and fruit per day, as well as grains only once a day. I am going to try to cut back on the drinking again, although I don't drink nearly as much as I used to, I still would like to cut back more than where I am at currently.

Quest 1: Run at least twice a week. If I do more that's even better.

Quest 2: Do body weight workouts every other day, get more consistent in the amount of time it takes me to do each workout.

Quest 3: Keep up with the healthier diet, but try to cook at least 3 real meals a week. This could include grilling fish or chicken, WITH veggies. I haven't been very good at eatin them, so hopefully this challenge will help me there.

Quest 4: Cut back drinking to one night a week MAX. When I do drink only have 2 or 3, instead of 3 or 4.

and last but not least,

Life Quest: Pay off one of my credit cards and don't put any more charges back onto it.

Here is to a new challenge, good luck to everyone!

• Like 1

Here's to my first 6 week challenge!

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." Neil deGrasse Tyson

Well the week went pretty well over all.

I got my both of my runs in, and I did really well. I ran a mile both times, and didn't have to stop once. I even did it in pretty good time, just over 8 minutes. Today I ran again but I was a little slower, about 9 minutes but not bad. I'll take it considering I haven't ran much since last year. My buddy asked me to run a 5k with him on the 4th of July, so I think I am going to try and do that. I'll need to step up my game pretty quickly though if I'm going to be able finish in good time.

The body weight workouts are going very well. I have been able to speed up and do my sets and do them a lot quicker.

As for the cooking, I only made 2 meals last week, but I'm off to a better start this week. Made a pretty tasty meal, had tilapia, brown rice, with green and red peppers, and onions. It was delicious.

I also failed at the drinking... drank twice, first night I only had 2 which was according to plan... but the second night my buddy and I got out of hand.. had 7 or 8... So no beer this week is my plan.

For the life quest, doing pretty well paying off my credit card. I should be able to pay it off after this paycheck which will be awesome.

Time to be better this week. Hope everyone else is doing as good or better than me!

• Like 2

"No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don't ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives." Neil deGrasse Tyson

I did, and I am better off for it. I feel a lot better than I used to, mentally and physically. The 5k is gonna be a challenge, but I am looking forward to it. Thank you for the encouragement! Gonna keep on keepin on!

• Like 1

This week was a little rough, but I kept up with my goals.

I got both of my runs in, I was planning on going a 3rd time but I was exhausted and not feeling well. So I didn't make the 3rd one.

Got all of my workouts in, and am keeping them all about 10 minutes a set which is better than the 15-20 I was taking.

I got all 3 of my healthy meals in this week, so better than last week!

The drinking almost got me, I got some incredibly bad news on Thursday and I almost went to the beer store and bought some. I managed to restrain myself and I didn't drink at all last week, so I am back on schedule!

As for the credit card, it is almost paid off! There's about $50 left on it which I will be able to pay off no problem. Then it is on to the next one. It won't be done by the end of this challenge, but I should have all of my credit card debt paid off in the next several months which is awesome.

Anyways enough rambling, Here is to another week of betterment!

Last week didn't do so good. I only cooked myself a good meal once, but I did get all my salads and fruits in. I got all my workouts in, but I didnt make either of my runs... I dont know what it is but for some reason, I have just been mentaly and physically drained this past week and a half. I half think it is stressed related as I was doing fine before i found out my dad's cancer came back... I missed my workout today, but I am going to try to get it in before I go to bed tonight, I still have several hours. I need to fit it in between packing and laundry. I am going down to Florida tomorrow to visit my dad and help him as he also just had surgery on his back due to a slipped disk. So working out this coming week is going to be a challenge. Any ideas on workout I can do at my dads?

Anyways, Hopefully this week will be better. And Happy 4th of July every one!

So this post is a little late. I just got back from visiting my dad in Florida and helping him out after his surgery.

I did a terrible job working out, I didn't do any of my workout routine while I was there. So this week I need to ramp it up to make up for lost time. No excuses.

Same as working out I didnt run either. So I need to get back into that.

I ate really well though, since my dad also has cancer he is on a strict diet so I was too for the week. Lots of vegies, fruit, fish and shrimp. And boy can my dad cook, it was great. He has inspired me to cook more, and try more things.

The beer drinking was also not great, I drank quite a few times last week never more than 2 but still on about 4 of the 7 nights I was there. Fail.... That just means no drinking for the next 4 weeks.

And an update on my dad, he is doing great. They caught is cancer early enough that it is still very treatable which was a load off of my shoulders. His back surgery went well, and his recovery is going a lot faster than expected. All of his doctors and nurses were very surprised at how fast he was able to get up and walk around after his surgery. He also had virtually no pain, a little soreness but that was all. So that also takes a load off of my shoulders, I am not as worried about him as I was which was effecting my heath because of all the stress and worrying.

So now to jump back on the horse and finish strong.

Finished last week strong. Did everything I was supposed to do except run... It is hard to get motivated to run when its between 90 and 100 and about 80% humidity outside... This week I will do better though. Gotta keep this post short as I need to go to bed so I can wake up at 4:30 to workout in the morning. Good luck to everyone on their last week of this challenge!

• Like 1

Finished last week strong. Did everything I was supposed to do except run... It is hard to get motivated to run when its between 90 and 100 and about 80% humidity outside... This week I will do better though. Gotta keep this post short as I need to go to bed so I can wake up at 4:30 to workout in the morning. Good luck to everyone on their last week of this challenge!

Woo-boy, I can relate to that.  It's maybe not quite so hot and humid here, but we've under under the veil of an unseasonably warm summer so far and have been seeing a lot of rain to pump the humidex up several points.  Those factors combined, along with my propensity for preferring the cold, has kept me indoors more than I had hoped.  Even working out at the gym is bloody painful.  I'm barely through my warmup and I'm already sweating buckets.

Thank the gods I picked up some new workout gear.  My old gym shirts were too heavy for this weather.

Keep up the good work, despite the temperatures!

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Woo-boy, I can relate to that.  It's maybe not quite so hot and humid here, but we've under under the veil of an unseasonably warm summer so far and have been seeing a lot of rain to pump the humidex up several points.  Those factors combined, along with my propensity for preferring the cold, has kept me indoors more than I had hoped.  Even working out at the gym is bloody painful.  I'm barely through my warmup and I'm already sweating buckets.

It's always hot and humid in Kansas in the summers, but this year we have gotten a lot of extra rain so the humidity has just sky rocketed. I can almost walk out of the house and start sweating, its pretty miserable.

• Like 1