I'm glad I'm not the only one with that reaction to fish oil.  :redface-new:

My end of challenge weigh in came out a pound more than last week and 2 pounds more than at week 3. Wrong direction <grrrrr>

Going to two parties over the weekend did not help. Work has also implemented a high frequency treat plan to help keep people happy while we are shorthanded. I had two Kemps ice cream bars on Friday. I know they are evil but I still like them.

Clearly I need to take serious measures if I am going to survive the next several weeks in good shape. Most of that goes in my next challenge. For now I am implementing the interim challenge - no white sugar and no white flour at work. No food after 8:00pm.

In a perfect world I would swear off sugar and flour for a week. Considering reality, I am going to work on staying reasonable at home. Stick to desserts I make myself as a limiting factor. This allows me to have a hamburger on a bun or a piece of toast with my eggs. I also have been meaning to make peach cobbler for weeks. Blueberries are in season and blueberry pie is one of my favorite things. If I have time to make those I will. Time to do fun things or make sweets. Fair enough. 

Just to give you a sense of what things are like at work, the admin went to the store to get more coffee supplies. She came back with four boxes of grocery store bakery cookies. Another team had a catered lunch and put leftover cookies and soda in the kitchen area. I'm sure there are still ice cream bars in the freezer. My boss has a candy stash that looks like Halloween. She has been putting out candy in the afternoon any time there are not other treats already out.

Intellectually I know that most of these "treats" are poor quality. Being a snob will only get me so far. I am much more likely to stick to my resolution when I can tell myself that it is just until I get home. I could have ice cream for breakfast if I wanted to.

• Like 1

Intellectually I know that most of these "treats" are poor quality. Being a snob will only get me so far. I am much more likely to stick to my resolution when I can tell myself that it is just until I get home. I could have ice cream for breakfast if I wanted to.

I did indeed have ice cream for breakfast today. Homemade coffee Heath bar crunch. It has caffeine so I avoid eating it in the evening.

I also had a large bowl of cauliflower cheeseburger casserole first (based on one of Redeaglespirit's recipes).

Yesterday afternoon was a test of my willpower to avoid all the treats. Once I got home I no longer felt like I needed to eat all the sweets. I had some of the same casserole for dinner and made mango peach salsa. I was planning on making mulberry-peach cobbler with the rest of the peaches but ran out of time.

Tonight's activities will be a trade off between cooking things before they go bad, pulling weeds before they take over the garden, working on that same neglected financial analysis, or me just telling it all where to go and doing fun stuff instead.

I am going to try doing both upper body work and meditation before lunch today. It has been at least a month since the last time I did the weight routine. My knees have been less cranky and I have kept up on PT so I am going to try to keep the upper body work in the rotation again.

• Like 1

Nice. You know how things would be in a perfect world, but you understand that you don't live in the perfect world. :D

Your food, as always, sounds amazing.

So, how do you feel about this past challenge?

That casserole is glorious and totally breakfast-worthy.  Or any other meal for that matter.  Homemade ice cream and peach mango salsa!  Yum!

Good interim plan and sorry work is sabotaging you :-/  Good intent, bad side effects.  My office keeps a stocked fruit bowl about half the time, which is nice, but people also bring in candy and doughnuts.  Sometimes, it's good to have food allergies. 

Tonight's activities will be a trade off between cooking things before they go bad, pulling weeds before they take over the garden, working on that same neglected financial analysis, or me just telling it all where to go and doing fun stuff instead.

I am going to try doing both upper body work and meditation before lunch today. It has been at least a month since the last time I did the weight routine. My knees have been less cranky and I have kept up on PT so I am going to try to keep the upper body work in the rotation again.

Tuesday evening the weather was gorgeous so I opted to work in the garden. My plan was to do a clean-up of the beds that I've already weeded this year so that at least part of the garden looked tidy. The bed by the dining room window was still in good shape. I pulled a few dandelions and started moving to my right. The entire front of my house and driveway is bordered by garden, divided into flower beds by bushes. I beat back all the weeds and grass around the edge from the flower bed down to the end of the driveway. The middle of the bed by the driveway is still full of weeds, but at least the edges no longer look like part of the lawn.

I felt very accomplished (and stiff) afterwards. I rewarded myself with ice cream.

Upper body work happened Tuesday. No meditation. I miss it but have made other choices.

One of the things I did for fun and stress relief was online retail therapy. On Craigslist.

I found a boat shuttle (for weaving) and a set of garden hoses on a reel. Good deals on both. I picked up the shuttle after work on Tuesday and the hoses after work Wednesday.

That pretty much used up any meditation time on Wednesday. I did weapons practice before work; PT (lunges, Pilates clams and Cheechoe's hip routine) at lunch and taught aikido in the evening. Considering how much time I spent exercising, not having time to meditate is a first-world problem. :P

Nice. You know how things would be in a perfect world, but you understand that you don't live in the perfect world. :D

So, how do you feel about this past challenge?

I started writing up my challenge earlier this week, then work got busy. Soon to be crazy busy. I am not working out at lunch today because there is just too much to do. It will probably be Saturday before I can actually look through my notes and do a write up.

I am putting to use my best professional skills of sounding cheerful and helpful when I want to scream and run. Not that any one thing is bad, there are just too many of them. This morning I had coffee with hot chocolate mix. That helped keep me from wanting to crawl under my desk. This afternoon our division is having an ice cream social. I am totally making an exception in my no-sweets-at-work challenge for that. However, I will only be able to go if my 2:00 meeting gets done early.

One more person leaves tomorrow. My staff member comes back from maternity leave on August 5. That means the next two weeks are going to be REALLY interesting. At least the interviews for replacements are going well so far and we have approval to replace all the people who left.

• Like 1

Hope you can make it to the Ice cream social then :-)   Hiring new people isn't going to help with the next few weeks since they'll all need to be trained?  You can make it through!   Keep venting that frustration at workout and Aikido.