Let's get dirty.

Vian

I need to get my ass in gear. I've come so far and I need to keep going. I'll be 30 in 4 months. I don't want to still be where I am now when I'm 30.

I have a color run next weekend, which was one of my big "before I'm 30 goals". I've been doing the C25k app for the past 9 weeks, but I'm only on week 4 because I kept repeating weeks. I probably won't be able to run the whole thing (I'm actually sure of it) but I want to run every other kilometer, so run 1, walk 2, run 3, walk 4, run 5. But after the color run, I have the dirty dash in July, so I need to keep up with the app, plus do other workouts to build strength in my arms and upper body especially, but lower body too, so I can do the obstacles. I also want to start losing weight again, as I've been stuck for about 2 years after losing 55 pounds (I was up to having lost 68lbs, but I gained a little back) 

Goal 1: Do the C25k app 3x a week (m, w, f) to get ready for the two 5k's I signed up for in the next month. Stretch afterwards. 

• 1 point in dex and 2 points in stamina for 3 weeks, plus 1 point in dex if for 6 weeks

Goal 2: On off days (t, th, sat) do bodyweight workouts: Kettlebell swings, pushups, squats, lunges, situps, rows. Stretch afterwards.

• 2 points in strength for 3 weeks, plus 1 point in stamina for 6 weeks

Goal 3: Be more consistent with counting calories and stick to 1700 or less calories per day. Also need to eat on a more consistent schedule, which will be breakfast at 8am after my workout, lunch between 12 and 1, and dinner between 6 and 7. No snacking if I can help it.

• 1 point in Constitution and 2 points in Wisdom for 3 weeks, plus 1 point in Constitution for 6 weeks

Life goal: I lost my job last week due to lack of work. I filed for unemployment, which should cover me for 6 months, but I desperately need to find a job ASAP. I had a lot of plans for the end of this year that require money, and what I get from unemployment won't cover it. I had a vacation to Seattle scheduled for the week of my 30th birthday, and I also put down $750 on half a grass fed cow, and I need to come up with the other $900 or so before November or I lose the deposit. So I will put in AT LEAST 3 job applications (required by unemployment) but as many as I can find each week, and work on updating my resume. I also need to get 6 more Continuing Education Credits to maintain my certification. That will happen before the end of this week.

• 1 point in Charisma for 3 applications per week, 2 points for 5 applications per week, plus 1 point in Wisdom after 6 weeks for finishing my CE's and renewing my certification.

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

First day went pretty well. I went over on calories a bit (1800) but overall a good day. I went for my run in the morning. Week 4 day 1 of the C25k app. 

This morning I went for a 20 minute walk, then came home and did my bodyweight workout. I have to start out slow (since I haven't done it in weeks) or the DOMS will be unbearable, so only 10 squats and lunges and 20 pushups and situps. I could totally do more, but from experience I know I wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow if I did. Thursday I will do more. 

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Thanks guys. I'm actually not that depressed about being unemployed. I'm in a much better situation now than I was the last time I was unemployed, so it's not that bad. At least my car is paid off this time. And this time I actually have a degree and skills that are fairly in demand. 

The 5k went well. On thursday I did more reps on my bodyweight workout and lo and behold, DOMS on friday, saturday, AND sunday. Friday I still ran the C25k app, and then saturday of course I did the color me rad 5k. I ran about 3/4 of it and finished in about 45-50 minutes, so I'm pretty happy with that. I totally failed on calories and watching what I ate, though. On Wednesday my mom was making snacks for a club meeting we go to (orchid society) and talked me into making some cookies that I could actually eat (I have a lot of food sensitivities) so I made them...and then ate far too many over the next few days. But, it's a new week, so I can start over on that goal.

I did get 3 job applications put in last week, and I also got all my CE's to renew my certification and got that paid for. Hopefully they get it to me before it expires in a month and a half -_-

DSCN3568_zpszz2qmiar.jpg

DSCN3570_zpsj4y6hz1p.jpg

DSCN3572_zpsvwwolywt.jpg

• Like 3

I ended up forgetting to workout on monday. I woke up too late, so it was too hot to do it in the morning, then by evening I had gotten sucked into a game and when I realized it was cool enough, it was also dark. 

Tuesday I got up early and went for a run (week 5), and also stuck to my calories pretty close at 1711 calories for the day

This morning I got up, went for a run, but I did week 2 of the app instead of week 5, then came home and did my bodyweight workout, then went for a short walk with my roommate who wants to lose weight too, but who is VERY out of shape, so we're starting slow.

I got an interview! Phone interview on thursday, and face-to-face on tuesday. Hopefully I get the job! I also went running 3 times this week, but only did my bodyweight workout once :( I stuck pretty close to calories too, maybe a little over a couple days.

• Like 1

Congrats on the interview! Good job keeping up with the 5 k training. And don't feel bad about walking. These days I do a 5 k in about 26 mins, and I still take walking breaks. Not sure how fast you run, but for middle-to-back-of-the-packers, walking breaks can be a great strategy. Some people seem to do better running at a consistent slower pace. I've always done much better with walking breaks.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016