lucky fire dragon is planting a garden of strength and flexibility

Congrats on all those AMRAP increases, and the money back and especially the flowers! Our winter flowers (mostly aloes and trees) are all coming into bloom so I have patches of red throughout the garden. I call it my winter surprise, because just as I start lamenting the loss of colour, the red pops out!

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I love Monday because I get to read through everyone's awesome weekly wrap-ups.  House Gryffindor may not have won anything last week but we are doing great in your challenges!  While I would like to win the cup, seeing everyone blast their goals is much more satisfying!

Hoops, Poles, and Gold water?!  How fun is that?!

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Your doing fabulous on your strength gains, pushups and pullups are rockin', your trampoline and jumping and such is so fun too. 

How do you do pole training at home? Do you have a pole or is it practicing some other moves?

• Like 2

Mom of 4, working on getting stronger and thriving with Hashimotos using the auto-immune Paleo diet and lots of patience with my body, lover of yoga, hiking, rockclimbing and bodyweight exercises.

1st Challenge Page...bringing Katniss back :) SMASHING Success!

First Assassin Challenge...I am woman hear me ROAR

GORGEOUS WEEK for your garden, LFD! Improvement feels so good and I love that you always have such a good outlook and understanding of how your own pole practice changes and strengthens.

Though, I also look forward to hearing more about hoop -- such an intriguing apparatus! :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Congrats on all those AMRAP increases, and the money back and especially the flowers! Our winter flowers (mostly aloes and trees) are all coming into bloom so I have patches of red throughout the garden. I call it my winter surprise, because just as I start lamenting the loss of colour, the red pops out!

Thank you :) 

I so love that about South Africa, you always have something blooming, whatever the season, it's really astounding. Guess what I planted on my sunny south side - Namaqualand Daisies,yay

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

I love Monday because I get to read through everyone's awesome weekly wrap-ups.  House Gryffindor may not have won anything last week but we are doing great in your challenges!  While I would like to win the cup, seeing everyone blast their goals is much more satisfying!

Hoops, Poles, and Gold water?!  How fun is that?!

This is so true!! Mondays are so awesome for that and isn't it totally inspiring to read everyone's awesomeness like that? I get a total kick out of that every time.

And you are absolutely right about the challenge part being the important part!

Hoops, Poles and Gold water it is - ALL THE SHINY THINGS, wheeeeeeeeeeeee

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Your doing fabulous on your strength gains, pushups and pullups are rockin', your trampoline and jumping and such is so fun too. 

How do you do pole training at home? Do you have a pole or is it practicing some other moves?

Thank you  :redface: It is a lot of fun, but then again I would't do it otherwise lol

Yes, I do have a pole at home and am super grateful for that. I have to travel over an hour to Munich for classes and can only do that once a week really, which would be too little training for me to keep up, whereas if I train another two ties at home, I get along and also it's a fun thing to do.

GORGEOUS WEEK for your garden, LFD! Improvement feels so good and I love that you always have such a good outlook and understanding of how your own pole practice changes and strengthens.

Though, I also look forward to hearing more about hoop -- such an intriguing apparatus! :D

Thanks so much  :redface:

Hoop is totally intriguing!! Am going to the next class tomorrow and will duly report

Week 2 in between update - I was super busy today with two pole workouts (although the second one was quite short and I didn't get much done, but the first one was okay), lots of sit ups, some push ups, leg raises and loooooooooots of yummy stretches I did a lot for my garden.

Yesterday was a major work day, which was great, but that is why today had to have some exercises and I am very happy I got them in between work sessions.

Working from home can be such a bonus :D

Went to bed before 10pm yesterday and I feel that helped today a lot. Was well refreshed this morning.

It's already past 10 again now, but not much, so I'll call it a night now too. Better be strong for hoop tomorrow. Because I am going to AERIAL HOOP CLASSES tomorrow *just in case someone hasn't heard my excitement yet*

Here's some eye candy for dreaming...

• Like 1

Thank you :)

I so love that about South Africa, you always have something blooming, whatever the season, it's really astounding. Guess what I planted on my sunny south side - Namaqualand Daisies,yay

Aw awesome! I just can't get them to grow in my garden - if they don't wrot from too much rain in summer, they dry out autumn and winter, or the dogs go and lie in them! They are so beautiful and colorful.

Yip, South African nature is astounding with such variety. I love my country....*sigh*

• Like 2

SqUEE!  Good luck!

Week 2 in between update - I was super busy today with two pole workouts (although the second one was quite short and I didn't get much done, but the first one was okay), lots of sit ups, some push ups, leg raises and loooooooooots of yummy stretches I did a lot for my garden.

Yesterday was a major work day, which was great, but that is why today had to have some exercises and I am very happy I got them in between work sessions.

Working from home can be such a bonus :D

Went to bed before 10pm yesterday and I feel that helped today a lot. Was well refreshed this morning.

It's already past 10 

• Like 2

Mom of 4, working on getting stronger and thriving with Hashimotos using the auto-immune Paleo diet and lots of patience with my body, lover of yoga, hiking, rockclimbing and bodyweight exercises.

1st Challenge Page...bringing Katniss back :) SMASHING Success!

First Assassin Challenge...I am woman hear me ROAR

Aw awesome! I just can't get them to grow in my garden - if they don't wrot from too much rain in summer, they dry out autumn and winter, or the dogs go and lie in them! They are so beautiful and colorful.

Yip, South African nature is astounding with such variety. I love my country....*sigh*

the cape has quite a unique climate, even within SA. I am curious how they are going to do here... so far we've had too much rain for their taste this week and too little sunshine. But I'm sure it'll turn around again and believe in them being strong so long to help them last :)

That's a very happy sigh, isn't it? I often sigh like that. Bavaria is so beautiful to live in and then we go on holidays to SA, can it even get better than that?! Very blessed  :peaceful:

• Like 1

Beautiful  hooping video,amazing how someone can be both so flexible and strong.

Good for you for getting some movement and workout done even in a busy day!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

SqUEE!  Good luck!

Thanks, it was great fun :)

Temptation to get a hoop for at home is growing.... but I am holding back on it for a, it costs a lot of money so it wants to be well thought through - b, I want to make sure I know which kind to get (you wouldn't believe all the options!! Different sizes, different strengths in thickness, one or two or three hooks for mounting, ...) - c, it should probably replace some of my rewards but then again I might not manage to wait for that long :P

Anyway, savoring the waiting is nice, too and that is another reason.

This time we did a little choreography part on the floor before going onto the hoop. She picked nice music (must ask her for the title next time) and thought it beautifully through to match the lyrics and dynamic of the song. Then it was hanging onto it with our hands, tucking the knees in and twirling round in circles like that on the floor (looks pretty and feels so fun) and then up and doing the things from our first lesson. This time getting up into the hoop went a lot easier, yay!

Couldn't remember how to do mermaid, but managed all the various delilah variations and had a lot of fun.

Good news is also: with my contract I can choose each course unit freely from all the major courses, meaning I can go 6 weeks pole classes and then 6 weeks hoop, etc.

I might really go for that.

Pole classes on Thursday were tough as our teacher had one of her super strict days. Am not complaining though, it means she is picky on technique and if I want to learn it well technique is important, so she has a point. The cross-knee release is going better again and now I have a spinning combo to practice on that looks soooooooo graceful and for some reason is quite beyond me right now, even though I theoretically should be able to do it fine.

But I know, eventually something will "click" or a strength lacking will have grown and then I am going to love it :)

So practice, practice, practice it is.... just not today as my arms are still sooooooooooo tired from all the chin-ups for our duel mini.

I have never EVER done so many chin ups in all my life!!!!!

Did 60 alone this morning at 5 am and still there was no way to beat starsapart. Oh well, the good news: my AMRAP went up to 5 now (from 2 at challenge start) so that is HUGE  :triumphant:  and who knows what it will be next week, when my arms have recovered again, yay.

Feeling strong despite verrrrrrry tired arms

giphy.gif

Beautiful  hooping video,amazing how someone can be both so flexible and strong.

Good for you for getting some movement and workout done even in a busy day!

Heyyy, Elastigirl  :cheerful:  So good to have you drop by again!!

Thank you and do you see I got inspired by your unlocking rewards idea from last challenge? I love that idea.

I feel I need the movement especially on busy days as my work is too much sitting. Well, not entirely true anymore - I have started switching from sitting to standing to lying on the floor to squatting back to sitting... thanks to Katy Bowman's book, which is also thanks to you  :love_heart:

the cape has quite a unique climate, even within SA. I am curious how they are going to do here... so far we've had too much rain for their taste this week and too little sunshine. But I'm sure it'll turn around again and believe in them being strong so long to help them last :)

That's a very happy sigh, isn't it? I often sigh like that. Bavaria is so beautiful to live in and then we go on holidays to SA, can it even get better than that?! Very blessed  :peaceful:

A lot of people joke that the Cape is sort of a place all its own!

Yip, very happy sigh! Deep down I know every country has its own beautiful places, and I think sometimes people don't appreciate their own country enough, always wanting something else, somewhere else. But every place is beautiful with its uniqueness in places, each with its own kind of beauty, even deserts!

• Like 1

Thanks, I wouldn't know as I was too busy holding on to look closely in the mirror :D

Am very tempted to get one for at home though and then I could record and improve from there... looking all over the house now pondering "where would be a possible spot???" Is that crazy?

Hubby has resigned to my eccentrics already, but insists that wherever I end up mounting it, I'll have to get a proper mat underneath for safety. While I feel I'd rather need that for upside down things on the pole rather than the hoop lol but however it probably is a good idea to get anyway.

How much experience do you have on hoop? So great to have someone with experience tell me more - you really do do ALL THE THINGS, don't you :D Love it!

If there is one reason to buy a house one day it would be to mount all the fun things. :D I'd love to have a hoop but alas I don't have the space for it. Second hand rental doesn't quite allow for alternations either. ;) but you should totally go for it!

Haha I think I've dabbled or tried in most circus disciplines by now. :P I don't have much experience in anything specific though and I've never got past noob stages in anything. With hoop I've taken a few courses (non-consecutive) and it's such a nice apparatus. It's quite easy to pick up but really difficult to master, every movement needs to be done perfectly otherwise it ends up jerky and spoils the illusion, especially on a spinning mount.

You really are making me want to go back to hoop again (and trapeze and pole and maybe rope aah all the things!) Too many fun things to choose between. :)

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, your duel was so intense. So nicely done.

Also I fully support you getting a hoop. ;)

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Heyyy, Elastigirl  :cheerful:  So good to have you drop by again!!

Thank you and do you see I got inspired by your unlocking rewards idea from last challenge? I love that idea.

I feel I need the movement especially on busy days as my work is too much sitting. Well, not entirely true anymore - I have started switching from sitting to standing to lying on the floor to squatting back to sitting... thanks to Katy Bowman's book, which is also thanks to you  :love_heart:

Sweet, no I hadn't noticed the rewards. I'm just now catching up on thread after being on vacation. I :wub: Katy Bowman, she is so motivating. I'm glad you enjoyed her book too.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Wow, your garden of strength and flexibility sure seems to be blooming. :butterfly:  Nicely done. Your hooping is so very AWESOME :triumphant:

Cheers,

~ C

• Like 1

c4cherry

~~ Level 1 ~~

Challenge 1,  Challenge 2

"Eventually all things will fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moments, and know that everything happens for a reason" ~ Anon

~~~~ STR 2 | STA 3 | DEX 2 | CON 1.5 | WIS 1 | CHA 2 ~~~~

A lot of people joke that the Cape is sort of a place all its own!

Yip, very happy sigh! Deep down I know every country has its own beautiful places, and I think sometimes people don't appreciate their own country enough, always wanting something else, somewhere else. But every place is beautiful with its uniqueness in places, each with its own kind of beauty, even deserts!

de-hoop-nature-reserve.jpg

sand dunes in the De Hoop Nature Reserve near Cape Town... what can you say, one of my favorite places in the world. Especially in August when we can go due to school holidays and the whales are there in hundreds to have their babies

*very happy sigh for me now*

I agree, every landscape has its beauty and it is so worth noticing. Like you can choose if you live in a beautiful or average, normal world - just open your eyes and choose what you look at :)

• Like 2

If there is one reason to buy a house one day it would be to mount all the fun things. :D I'd love to have a hoop but alas I don't have the space for it. Second hand rental doesn't quite allow for alternations either. ;) but you should totally go for it!

Haha I think I've dabbled or tried in most circus disciplines by now. :tongue: I don't have much experience in anything specific though and I've never got past noob stages in anything. With hoop I've taken a few courses (non-consecutive) and it's such a nice apparatus. It's quite easy to pick up but really difficult to master, every movement needs to be done perfectly otherwise it ends up jerky and spoils the illusion, especially on a spinning mount.

You really are making me want to go back to hoop again (and trapeze and pole and maybe rope aah all the things!) Too many fun things to choose between. :)

Yep, that would be a reason to actually build a house :D with the right height especially!! We are renting, too, but a whole duplex and do have a bit of freedom in it. The pole didn't need any drilling, so won't leave any trace even when we move out. For the hoop we will need to drill, but then again so do people do for fancy lights and other fixtures... only limitation is the lack of proper height really. But I'll just make the best of what is there and am very appreciative of having the option at all.

That is what I thought, you have this gorgeous curiosity and bravery for life's adventures, that would make you dabble in all of those. And you are strong and flexy enough to quickly get a feel for it, too. Also you have a bright mind, so I value your expertise for several reasons. Can see your point on mastery being tricky on the hoop. Good thing I have a strict pole teacher that looks for precision, too ... not that I can always deliver it, but aiming for it is ingrained in me by now ;)

The swaying part is a whole new element of course, a pole stays nicely put where it's mounted. On the other hand, dangling down from it and whirling about is so much easier on the hoop :D

Will keep wetting your appetite, can't help it  :playful:

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, your duel was so intense. So nicely done.

Also I fully support you getting a hoop. ;)

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

Thank you, I was utterly exhausted and I guess so were you, your duel was no less and that while being on the road  :rapture:

Thanks for the support 

article-2727047-20978FD200000578-645_634

• Like 1

Sweet, no I hadn't noticed the rewards. I'm just now catching up on thread after being on vacation. I :wub: Katy Bowman, she is so motivating. I'm glad you enjoyed her book too.

She really is, I always settle down nicely to read her book and then don't want to sit still anymore :D

Hope you had a delicious holiday! You seem well rested, looking at how you are rocking all the things again

Hi Lucky Fire Dragon, finally got a chance to drop by and get caught up on your progress. So VERY impressive - as always. You always do such an amazing job.

Awww, thank you, that is a very kind thing to say  :redface:

So glad to see you back  :cheerful: