• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Swampling

The Swampling #14 - Element(s)ary, dear Swampson!

Horse therapy sounds like a lot of fun! I have recently discovered that having animals makes me very happy. And I do act differently around them then I do people. None of them have ever judged me lol. But I do have social anxiety.

We adopted an older corgi just this past weekend and she has made me smile so many times already. I mean, she unintentionally did a downward dog stretch on my yoga mat this morning! I couldn't help but laugh out loud and smile! 

Your Corgi sounds lovely - I can just imagine how she can make you smile! How did you find her? What's her name?

And I often prefer the company of horses to that of other people (depending on the people, mostly ;) ), so when I go visit Rosie-the-pony at the barn, I often try to go at a time where there won't be many people around. 

• Like 2

As luck would have it, she was posted on craigslist for only $30. She is an older dog, but she is very sweet. And we have always wanted a corgi :)  Her name is Daisy. Right now she is going through an adjustment period, so she has some anxiety. I don't blame her...moving to a new home. :(

As luck would have it, she was posted on craigslist for only $30. She is an older dog, but she is very sweet. And we have always wanted a corgi :)  Her name is Daisy. Right now she is going through an adjustment period, so she has some anxiety. I don't blame her...moving to a new home. :(

Daisy's lucky to have you. :) You "get" her anxiety and may help her ease into her new situation better than a less understanding human. :love_heart:

• Like 1

Daisy's lucky to have you. :) You "get" her anxiety and may help her ease into her new situation better than a less understanding human. :love_heart:

Awe, thanks :D  I've been working with her. On some training, and some bonding. Corgi's are great animals if you have depression, they make you smile even if you don't want to ^_^

• Like 1

Sorry for sort of disappearing on you guys... :redface-new: 

THANK YOU, ASH! Birthday minions are the best! :wub: 

I did have a very relaxed week 6 at my parents. As predicted, there was a lot of chocolate and cake involved, but since our birthdays are only once a year, I think I can live with that. ;) 

Elements practice did happen 5 days out of 7 - then my cold got the better of me, and I decided to take some rest. :( 

I am still coughing "like a horse", though it is finally getting a bit better! :rolleyes:

Journal is complete so far (except for the foodstuffs during the visit to my parents... I think I'd rather not have that recorded for posterity... :D )

Challenge summary: 

All in all, it was an okay challenge. Not really good, but not spectacularly bad, either. 

I think since I'll mostly "keep on keeping on" for the time being, I might change to a battle log. 

(Almost) daily practice is pretty much a habit by now, and I know I have to be wary of Sugar Monsters (especially the Emo kind). And I don't really have that much extra energy right now to take on any new battles. So...Hm. Not really challenge material, I think. :) 

• Like 2

<message to the past> Happy birthday, you awesome person!! </message to the past>

Aww wonderful to hear that you had a lovely week! And yes, definitely put up a battle log! I'm not participating in the next challenge either, but battle log is a great place to keep yourself going... Having smaller "missions" is a good idea, if you have no energy for a full challenge :)

Hopefully your cold is getting better! Let me know when your battlelog is up :D

• Like 1

Heyy!! Drifting about. I am going to join the next week challenge though! How are you?? :cheerful: :cheerful:

Welcome back, then! :cheerful: :cheerful: 

Since my challenges grew very repetitive, I decided to move over to a battle log. :) 

I am doing well, with occasional occurences of "life happening" ;)

Thank you for asking! 

Let me know when you have a new thread up, so I can stalk follow you again! :)