NightWatcher13 oh no, not this again...

Yup... last challenge went swimmingly until the last couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, progress was made and I'm actually pretty happy with how the challenge turned out, but I just plain wasn't done with it. So with a few mods, it's going to look a lot like a repeat.

Main Quest - slaying the anxiety dragon part 2 - poking the health problems

SQ 1 - Running. Zombie Run Couch to 5K will be my coach on this, I had to stop on week 6, but it's been a couple of weeks since I ran so I'm going to go back to week 3 or 4. I'm thinking 3, less chance of injury and joint stress.

SQ 2 - Food. I need to keep planning my meals at least 1 day in advance, then sticking to them. This will take a bit of adjustment on my part, not only in planning and prep time but in allowing extra calories on the days I'm going to need them so I don't over restrict my caloric intake after runs, or protein after strength. By the end of this challenge I hope to be several steps closer to having me week pre-mapped. I'm also taking part in a CSA this summer, only a half share because a whole share is friggin' ENORMOUS, but I get a bag full of local fresh veggies every week and have to figure out how to eat them - NO WASTING! First batch came last Thursday :)

SQ 3 - Strength. THIS WAS MY BIGGEST FAIL LAST CHALLENGE AS A WHOLE.

Seriously, feel free to poke me with a stick over this one. Or even a baseball bat. I'm crazy weak, and I HATE it!

2x/week this challenge because I'm not sure my body can take 3 right now. This was probably the thing I did worst on last challenge, so I'll need to focus extra on it this challenge. Each strength day will have a core/balance component (yoga/Pilate's) and a bodyweight component that I need to set in stone by sometime tomorrow, and will put on here once that's done.

Life challenge - Meditation and devotions. SECOND BIGGEST FAIL. These went awesome 2 challenges ago, but I seriously dropped the ball on them last challenge.

Sadly, I need to implement bedtime again. Not making it part of the challenge because it's just part of my life right now.

sherlock.jpeg

(Alas, not this challenge, as I have very little to no free time)

Also, last challenge I didn't write my silly little green posts. At all.  Sad day. This time it will be better. Plus I can promise pony pics :D

Current Challenge: NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Last Challenge: NW13 Dials It In

Past Challenges: 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

*Grumble growl* I did have like 8 gifs on the last post... then had to delete them one by one to figure out which one was the not-allowed type. >_<

Check in for day 1 -

I have 5 salads, 3 pastas, 4 soups all ready to go for this week, and a set of wraps and lunchmeat with veggies.

No run yet - no time between work and horseplay. Speaking of which

IMG 20150606 145608808 HDR

And it's pretty much bed time, I have to be up at 6:30am. This will take some getting used to. Night all!

We did, and they had me drive for it, which was fun. The pony is also my 'baby'/ training project, so I loved driving him for the event, which was his first one, and he made me soooo proud :D

Check in for day 2:

Had to miss work today, so went back to the Chiropractor a couple of weeks early; lo and behold I had knocked both shoulders, which explains why they've been whiney little snot boxes since last Thursday. So I need to take it a little easier at work (we just switched from school year to summer crew, so more heavy lifting etc) and being selective with my barn chores.Chiro reset both shoulders.

So no workout at all :(

Food is good, I ordered myself a child's ice cream cone as a "there there" for the shoulder issue but other than that no real sugar today. Homemade butternut squash soup and shrimp scampi pasta was pretty epic too :)

Haven't done med/devo yet, hoping to have time after group tonight.

• Like 2

Did you wore something special for the wedding ride, like a tailcoat?

When you have problems with your shoulders, maybe you should only do leg exercises for some time, so you don't put stress on your shoulders but still do some work and create the habbit of working out two times a week.

Also now I would feel bad about poking you (because of your shoulders) so let us know when we can start to poke you again :P

• Like 1

Poke away, shoulders shouldn't stop me from Pilate's methinks, and selective yoga. I can at least start getting my abs back :) and some legs too.

I wish I'd had a tailcoat! I didn't actually know I was driving for the wedding until partway through prep, it was originally going to be the ranch owner. So I drove in a tee-shirt and jeans with a black wide-brimmed had, thankfully it was an informal wedding and most of the guests were also in jeans.

I'd like to get a tail coat and top hat eventually though :D driving/riding fancy

• Like 3

I kept WONDERING why I didn't see any updates on your thread in my notifications. (Because, naturally, I stalk all my friends on the forums, but not in a creepy way, just in a supportive way that can get kinda quiet because of chaos in life. Anyways, support!)

Then I came here and was like DERP. I AM A POTATO.

But anyway, after playing some thread tag *meaningful look* I finally found your ACTIVE thread! Phew. this is why I stick to one thread only. Makes it easier to keep up, lol!

Check in for day 2:
Had to miss work today, so went back to the Chiropractor a couple of weeks early; lo and behold I had knocked both shoulders, which explains why they've been whiney little snot boxes since last Thursday. So I need to take it a little easier at work (we just switched from school year to summer crew, so more heavy lifting etc) and being selective with my barn chores.Chiro reset both shoulders.
So no workout at all :(
Food is good, I ordered myself a child's ice cream cone as a "there there" for the shoulder issue but other than that no real sugar today. Homemade butternut squash soup and shrimp scampi pasta was pretty epic too :)
Haven't done med/devo yet, hoping to have time after group tonight.

That bolded part is my favorite part of this thread, right there. It makes me feel special. I feel like I have impacted the world in a wonderful way.

The Greek way.

Salvation with food!

*Starts singing the Lion King opening and holding the cookbook up*

Poke away, shoulders shouldn't stop me from Pilate's methinks, and selective yoga. I can at least start getting my abs back :) and some legs too.
I wish I'd had a tailcoat! I didn't actually know I was driving for the wedding until partway through prep, it was originally going to be the ranch owner. So I drove in a tee-shirt and jeans with a black wide-brimmed had, thankfully it was an informal wedding and most of the guests were also in jeans.
I'd like to get a tail coat and top hat eventually though :D driving/riding fancy

Thou hast abs?

tumblr_mdzgxaPPH31ql8pjno1_500.jpg

:P Actually nah, you couldn't have lost them. I mean, not unless you were disemboweled by a tiger or had seriously odd alien surgery. I mean, they never go away. If you didn't have them, you couldn't breathe so yeah.

....I don't know why I chose to be so semantic, but I did. I think there was a joke in there somewhere, but I forgot it when I was looking for that jelly picture. So just laugh at my idiocy and I'll call it a good day!

I'm sorry to hear you lost your legs though! What happened? Was it a lawnmower accident? :(

Anyways, yes, I am back and making a push to post more often! Because friends are worth it!

• Like 2

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

I kept WONDERING why I didn't see any updates on your thread in my notifications. (Because, naturally, I stalk all my friends on the forums, but not in a creepy way, just in a supportive way that can get kinda quiet because of chaos in life. Anyways, support!)

Then I came here and was like DERP. I AM A POTATO.

Yup. Me too. "Oh, a link" and here I am.

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Hey guys! Sorry about that, will give a better post when I'm not on a 15 min break at work, but the last while can pretty much be summed up here :

The_10th_doctor_s_regeneration_by_infint

It's been interesting, which I say with Wash's definition of the word.

Ok, now that the 4th is done and I have more than 5 minutes of mindspace to type in:

Hey guys! So, this challenge has sucked pretty bad from a workout perspective; runs were off the market due to the flippin monsoon that decided to come through here (the gym at work has not been an option since we switched to day crew work) so I restarted yesterday with week 1, day 3 yesterday, will aim for runs wednesday, friday and sunday from here out.

Strength I need to crack down on, long story short my room was a mess for about 2 months and I kept running into a wall with cleaning it. Finally SCHEDULED a cleaning time, put a fence around it, and got it cleaned last week, so yay, now I can lay down a mat for yoga/pilates :) So this past week is the first week of this challenge I've gotten my strength in (Thanks Sjard for the continued pokes!!!!! Much appreciated, they helped motivate a lot)

Food has been about 80/20 - 80% of the time I'm doing EPIC!!!! Kale and kohlrabi salads with homemade guacamole and some ranch level epic. I still have some improvement to go, I've eaten out more than is healthy for my body or my wallet and I still may add a whole 30 in before autumn to reset, since my sugar cravings are through the roof even on days that I don't eat much sugar. I do want to start recording my diet again, may add that next challenge though - I'm regaining control, but piece by piece still and chaos is still fighting back. And speaking of chaos, here's the main reason, besides physical chaos in room/home, that I described the first half of my challenge as one huge explosion of "please I don't want to":
My mind has been a mess. Devotions have been sporatic, meditation non-existant. I went from feeling like I was regaining control at the end of last challenge to my schedule flipping on it's head (2nd shift to 1st shift), adding harder labor that my body wasn't ready for and subluxing both shoulders to the point that I missed 3 days of work from it, thankfully I have an awesome Chiropractor who will see me ASAP and give me feedback on what's going on in my body, and massive amounts of chaos with one of my co-workers who is also my direct supervisor who has no problem letting me know how useless he views me as; he never actually says "you're useless" but rather hints and jibes at it. For instance, he sent me to an area with the specific instructions to do the walls, I finished with the walls, then he complained that I did not also do the windows and trophy case. So I'm frustrated as hell with work right now, and actually had a lot of mental struggles with it the week before last (thankfully said coworker was not there most of this week so I got a huge mental break) where I had to talk myself down from massive agitation, and it definitely threw my mood for the week, and I'm guessing the stress is also part of why my cycle decided to be massively out of control this round. So as crazy as my schedule is, I need to force time for both devotions and meditation - I need the mental order, as my mind has been 100% chaos up to this week, when I've finally wrested some control back.

Ok, now that actual check-in is taken care of: I MISSED YOU GUYS!

Greenleaf - Good to see you back!!!!

Sjard - once again, thanks a zillion for the persistent poking. It was more motivating than you know, and also made me laugh when all I wanted to do was bawl my eyes out.

FortBacon - good to see you :) Food planning's going pretty spiffy, need to make some jar meals for this week tonight. Lots of salad and stirfry probably

BarFly - lol sorry the link came a bit late this challenge

Razzy - lol I haz invisible abs, they are hiding behind insulation. Sadly with the stress of the last few weeks I'm pretty sure a few pounds came sneaking back, damn ninja adipose

Adiposeinthesink.jpg

Now to ninja my way through other feeds, get some food made for this week, run from some Zoms, read for a bit, try to write, fiddle with a guitar, and maybe squeeze in some Mass Effect for good measure ;) It's been a good weekend

• Like 2

Update for week so far:

Food mostly good, failed to plan for today so breakfast/lunch were speedway sandwiches I picked up on my way. Dinner was a veggie/sausage stirfry mixed with a box of mac and cheese. sounds weird, but it's pretty darn yummy :) plus it takes care of lunch at work tomorrow and Friday.

Run today

So far 1 str workout this week - yoga

devos check so far, meditation has been... trying. It'll probably get better as I get back into a habit with it, but right now my mind won't shush. Go figure.

Whoa, end of challenge already *flops*

Sorry for sporatic updates, but I'll give a quick rundown of the last couple of weeks.

Strength - check. Clean room made a difference :) Got some clothes to put up when I get home from church, but that's the worst of it right now and all that's standing between me and today's workout *cracks knuckles* Challenge accepted ;)

Running - Have missed some, owing to constant rains. And rains, and rains and RAINS!!! Seriously, it's summer, what the flark?!?!

(Also owing to the rains, I've gotten out to see the horses 1-2x/wk the last month. And the stubbornly adorable pony needs riding training. For a camp in 2 weeks. Ohio, STAHP!!!!!! But this is why my pony pics have been lacking) But on the runs, I'm going into week 3 now but feels sooooo slow right now since I had to backtrack and now I can't seem to get out without getting a nasty shower for me & my phone.

Food - ate out on the run a few times last week, and didn't have everything prepped. This week?

(All in mason jars so they're grab&go)

- 5 salads

- 2 green beans

- 1 baked beans

- 3 spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs and sauce

- zucchini bread

all ready to toss in my bag as I'm running out the door, so since last Thursday (when I prepped this) I've been back on top. Just need to work on keeping the habit up.

Devotions and meditation?

Bwahahahahahahaha... yea, I really need to do something about this. On the plus side the last 2 weeks I've been able to wrest more control over my schedule and stress, so it hasn't been as bad and my head's clearer, but I still need to get my head above water in the chill-out department.

I am glad that I was a little help for you. So now lets finish this challenge strong!

giphy.gif

Oh and welcome back!

Check :D Thanks

Just dropped in to say hi!

Hi!

:)

Hiiiiiii!!! :D

OK, tying up some loose ends, then posting some story, 'cause my green text posts have been lacking. Don't think I'll make them specifically part of my next challenge, but may make posting in general part of it, since my whole challenge fits on one page this go round & managed to punch me back pretty good.

- So, the mead I started making a challenge ago? 'Tis now bottled, 2 wine bottles are aging, 1 mason jar was split between me and some MtG buddies, and 1 larger jar is waiting for my group to try next Saturday (the group includes the people who got me into homebrewing, so figured they should get a taste :) )It's still young and needs to age and mellow, but it's still pretty good - just burns like moonshine going down. I can DEFINITELY taste the plum and some of the spice, hoping the aging process will bring the vanilla forward a little more. Don't have the extra right now to go out and get supplies for the next batch I want to make, but hoping to start a couple of batches in August or September.

- belated adorables: One of the girls at the farm driving Little Chief for the first time (she loved it), and me driving Cisco on his red cart. He was finally feeling good enough to get out and get some exercise!! :)

IMG 20150719 183708260

"No Mom, you're doing it wrong, it's like this..."

IMG 20150718 152208485

This was what I was racing home yesterday, as well as the zombies. I beat it, but not by much!

IMG 20150718 143048486

Not just horses at the barn!!!

IMG 20150718 102629957

My padawan learning to drive Cisco on the cart, she looked like she was having fun :)

IMG 20150509 133249716

IMG 20150509 133100233

Becca, my best friend and teacher, taking Cisco for a spin after I've worked on training him on the cart.

- Tonight's plans panned out perfectly, got laundry away, guitar practiced and Pilates done (Miles is showing me how to do a pose in one of the pictures above lol)
 - Mason jars are still my favorite thing right now, love being able to just chuck a couple of pre-made things in my lunch sack and run out the door. It's fantastic, lets me make stuff ahead of time, and I can mix & match. About 2 make a meal, sometimes I wind up taking a nectarine or a banana with peanut butter for a snack too, depending on what I have in the house. One thing I did find a lot in the last 2 challenges though is that I need to work on scheduling my food and my workouts together, I can't count how many times I had a run day or a lot of farm work but only had a normal day's worth of food planned (when I'm burning an extra 6-800 calories) I definitely found that was more likely to lead to not making my next workout due to soreness, and/or eating out that day or the next because my body was like "wtf you are ALREADY restricting my calories you stupid cat! Go steal a *&^%$ sweet roll!" So something I want to be more mindful of for sure, but my food has progressed a LOT from where it was.
 - Been playing a LOT of videogames recently, partly due to extra rain when I'm supposed to be going out to the horses, but there are other things I should have added in there to help de-stress me (devotions, meditation, cleaning my room earlier than I did) or progress my education (Japanese, reading, writing) but my brain was just so burned out from work, schedule shift, and weather I just could not process or prioritize. So while I do still want to finish Mass Effect 3 soon, I want to make sure I dial it back a little and treat it more like a cookie or a piece of cake than a piece of chicken to my diet - ok in moderation, won't kill me if I don't get some in.
 - I am a *little* frustrated right now with myself, I had so much progress I had made in my routine and fitness coming into summer, and then all bets were off for a month and a half :/ So it feels like I slid halfway back down the hill and have to try to rebuild momentum etc. from zero - Restarting Zombies, Run! Couch2-5k at week 2, struggling to get pilates in, eating out 5x in a week and regaining weight was NOT what I had in mind for the last few weeks, so hopefully I don't sound too hard on myself, but I REALLY want to finish this &^%$%^ level so I can kill the next boss, both in life and on here.
OK, hope I didn't miss anything important! Will allocate points etc later this week, but I do feel like I finished the challenge stronger than I started it and that's a good way to leave it for now.
  • Like 2

***fair warning, I am watching the Adipose episode of DW while writing this, so any wierdness beyond my own I blame wholly on this fact. "The fat just walks away..." you know, if that actually existed I would NOT complain about taking a once a day pill and having about 20 or 30 little Adipose hop out of me. Just sayin'!

The Doctor led the way out of the flat to the TARDIS and clicked for the door to open. NightWatcher followed, still awestruck by the massive size of this tiny box. Sherlock came after impatiently, then suddenly stopped in the doorway and looked around, then ran out the door to examine the outside of the box. When he came back inside, he was breathless and, for the first time since NightWatcher had seen him, completely dumbfounded. She allowed herself a smug grin as the Doctor again moved the dials. Sherlock staggered away from the door, regaining his composure, and NightWatcher leaned against the door laughing at him.

"There we go" said the Doctor, as the machine made a strange grinding sound. "Just a little adjustment here, and..."

The TARDIS suddenly shook and tilted violently onto its side, and the door sprang open, and NightWatcher screamed as she felt herself falling...
Sherlock suddenly shook his head, stood up and ran over to bang on the door. "No, no no... where were we when she fell out?"He asked, looking quickly up at the Doctor and back to the door.

The Doctor looked at a screen. "We were just off of Scotland, in the year... 1900." Sherlock shook his head, but thought quickly enough to ask when she was from. "Oh, much earlier than that, but she's a quick learner, she'll be fine until I can find a time to land closer to when she is."

"How close?" Sherlock looked quickly at the Doctor. "She holds clues I need to this investigation, and I suspect the man after her is the man I have been after. How close can we get?"

"The time-space is all wibbly-wobbly here, but not too far" the Doctor said, "Maybe six weeks. She'll be fine."

Sherlock cursed and shook his head. "She'll be dead within a day, Doctor, he set a trap. He knew you were with her, he knew where we were headed."

The Doctor shook his head. "You really ought to put more faith in people, you know that? I mean it's not like she's not armed... oh, dear." He looked back at the room that held his clothes from every era he had visited, where NightWatcher's armor and sword were put after she changed into 21st  century clothes...
NightWatcher came up out of the water, caughing and spluttering. She took a breath and dove back down to find the hat the Doctor had given her. She swam over to a small rock and climbed up, shaking her fur out and putting on the hat. She looked around, trying to get her bearings, and saw a large, metallic boat. She couldn't see any oars or sails, only steam coming out of cylinders. She started to get up to wave to it, but saw something that made her turn her tail to the ship and dive back into the cold Atlantic waters.

• Like 1

OK, hope I didn't miss anything important! Will allocate points etc later this week, but I do feel like I finished the challenge stronger than I started it and that's a good way to leave it for now.

^^ This

Enjoyed reading that last post, and there is definitely some positives to take away with you into the next challenge. You are most certainly still in the game and I look forward to cheering you on next challenge. Which you will rock of course.

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

OK, tying up some loose ends, then posting some story, 'cause my green text posts have been lacking. Don't think I'll make them specifically part of my next challenge, but may make posting in general part of it, since my whole challenge fits on one page this go round & managed to punch me back pretty good.

- So, the mead I started making a challenge ago? 'Tis now bottled, 2 wine bottles are aging, 1 mason jar was split between me and some MtG buddies, and 1 larger jar is waiting for my group to try next Saturday (the group includes the people who got me into homebrewing, so figured they should get a taste :) )It's still young and needs to age and mellow, but it's still pretty good - just burns like moonshine going down. I can DEFINITELY taste the plum and some of the spice, hoping the aging process will bring the vanilla forward a little more. Don't have the extra right now to go out and get supplies for the next batch I want to make, but hoping to start a couple of batches in August or September.

- belated adorables: One of the girls at the farm driving Little Chief for the first time (she loved it), and me driving Cisco on his red cart. He was finally feeling good enough to get out and get some exercise!! :)

"No Mom, you're doing it wrong, it's like this..."

This was what I was racing home yesterday, as well as the zombies. I beat it, but not by much!

Not just horses at the barn!!!

My padawan learning to drive Cisco on the cart, she looked like she was having fun :)

Becca, my best friend and teacher, taking Cisco for a spin after I've worked on training him on the cart.

- Tonight's plans panned out perfectly, got laundry away, guitar practiced and Pilates done (Miles is showing me how to do a pose in one of the pictures above lol)
 - Mason jars are still my favorite thing right now, love being able to just chuck a couple of pre-made things in my lunch sack and run out the door. It's fantastic, lets me make stuff ahead of time, and I can mix & match. About 2 make a meal, sometimes I wind up taking a nectarine or a banana with peanut butter for a snack too, depending on what I have in the house. One thing I did find a lot in the last 2 challenges though is that I need to work on scheduling my food and my workouts together, I can't count how many times I had a run day or a lot of farm work but only had a normal day's worth of food planned (when I'm burning an extra 6-800 calories) I definitely found that was more likely to lead to not making my next workout due to soreness, and/or eating out that day or the next because my body was like "wtf you are ALREADY restricting my calories you stupid cat! Go steal a *&^%$ sweet roll!" So something I want to be more mindful of for sure, but my food has progressed a LOT from where it was.
 - Been playing a LOT of videogames recently, partly due to extra rain when I'm supposed to be going out to the horses, but there are other things I should have added in there to help de-stress me (devotions, meditation, cleaning my room earlier than I did) or progress my education (Japanese, reading, writing) but my brain was just so burned out from work, schedule shift, and weather I just could not process or prioritize. So while I do still want to finish Mass Effect 3 soon, I want to make sure I dial it back a little and treat it more like a cookie or a piece of cake than a piece of chicken to my diet - ok in moderation, won't kill me if I don't get some in.
 - I am a *little* frustrated right now with myself, I had so much progress I had made in my routine and fitness coming into summer, and then all bets were off for a month and a half :/ So it feels like I slid halfway back down the hill and have to try to rebuild momentum etc. from zero - Restarting Zombies, Run! Couch2-5k at week 2, struggling to get pilates in, eating out 5x in a week and regaining weight was NOT what I had in mind for the last few weeks, so hopefully I don't sound too hard on myself, but I REALLY want to finish this &^%$%^ level so I can kill the next boss, both in life and on here.

*dies from kitten and horsey cutness*

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SO DARN CUTE

Little whit fluffballs!  I WANT ONE!

*ahem* Anyway....

I feel ya on the heavy work and fewer calories thing. I've been there. My basic rule "Eat if you're hungry, don't if you're not." Works out pretty well so far, so just keeping chanting that to yourself and it should help.

THANK YOU, for the thread! xD

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.