Ohlemontine in operation: regeneration

3SL1mfa.gif

So this is actually a restart, I did challenges previously, but never quite completed them, so this is a reboot, Ohlemontine 2.0, complete with support. That's right, I've conned persuaded my boyfriend to join me on a 6 week challenge and see how it goes. Hurray!

IPOk80z.gif

So I did the math recently, and my 10 year reunion will be coming up soon. This is dreadful news, considering I am so much heavier, and have done almost nothing with my life since highschool. Not even college, I went for one year and ran out of money... >_<

v3E2YzR.gif

So the overarching goal for the next 2 years will be to lose 100 lbs, which will bring me back to the weight I was when I got back from my first year of college. In getting to this weight loss goal I hope to make other transformations that will add up to a healthier, stronger, more confident, more peaceful and content person, strong in faith and smoking hot in body xDD

GTjMRJt.gif

This goals specific goal is to lose 5% bodyweight. At a starting weight of 260, that comes out to 13 lbs

In order to complete this goal I will be focusing on 3 objectives, and once completed this will add 3 achievements to my status ^_^

The first Achievement I am looking to unlock is... drumroll please...

Aiya Rainy Day Special: Mega Beef Bowl

I plan to eat a Mostly Paleo diet. While full Paleo is not feasible with the limited grocery budget and the 2 males in the apartment who will not make that transition without a major fight, I will attempt to be as paleo as possible, with only the occasional condiment or side dish that may not make the paleo mark. I'm grading this on a percentage scale, and anything less than a 80% Paleo for the day will be a fail. I also plan to snack healthier, and smaller snacks, preferably of the vegetable or fruit persuasion.

And will be drinking at least 100 oz of water/green tea each day. These are all goals I have been slowly incorporating into my everyday routine for awhile now, so I do not feel working on all three parts of this goal at once will be taking on too much.

Second Achievement:

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

For the second achievement I will be working on getting fit. I will be getting active at least 30 minutes every day. Activities will include Yoga, Kpop Dancing, Bodyweight workouts, biking, and playing (Actively) with my son.

This is a pass/fail, either I do it, or not type of grade.

Last, but certainly not least, is the Achievement :

The CircleMaker

In which I will be strengthening my faith, and spiritual walk. This will be done by spending at least 30 minutes on my spiritual walk. Reading the bible, studying devotionals, prayer, praise and meditation will be the tools used to help accomplish this goal. This is another pass/fail type of grade

As for a life quest, this achievement will be called

Cleaning House- Literally

I will be working on keeping the kitchen clean. The kitchen will need to be clean at least 5 of the 7 days of the week to pass this challenge. Will need to have dishes done, counters/stove washed, floors swept, and dinner taken care of before going to bed.

OXyUKnw.gif

So that's it, the whole story... oh... well i guess I suppose I'll have to update daily.

So look out for those... thanks ^_^

• Like 2

Current Challenge : Ohlemontine Grindin'

str    ??  |   dex  ??  |   sta   ??  |  con  ??  |    wis  ??  |  cha  ?? 

Mistry  |  Level 1  |  Assassin  |  Half-Elf 

Day one, quick update, no time to do a full update.

Nutrition wise did pretty good, met my water goal, and ate only paleo approved food, still ate far too big of portions though.

Exercise, not too great, was active but probably not for 30 minutes, and my fitbit never reached full goal status gonna say fail today

Spiritual, today was a fail, will work harder on this

Kitchen almost fully cleaned, I'm gonna pass this one, considering how horribly awful it was just 2 days ago.

So a little late but day two was alright, still not stellar.

taking it one by one lets start with food:

breakfast was veggie/egg muffins, snack was homemade trailmix made with nuts and dried fruit, lunch was leftover raw dill kraut and chicken sausage, dinner was dill mayo smothered baked salmon. Drank my required 100 oz of green tea and water at 40oz lemon ginseng honey green tea and 60 oz water. did wind up eating a PB&J sandwich for dessert, cuz I really needed something sweet, my body is still adapting...and also think i ate far too much of the trail mix.

Exercise went pretty well, I need to fit this in better, cuz I'm sure the rest of the people in this apartment building don't appreciate me kpop dancing at 10pm. Then again summer's come and their kids all make noise and set off fireworks til the wee freaking hours of the night so

IhhoHoU.gif

But yeah, so I danced for at least the 30 minutes, and I think i'm getting close to being able to dance the whole song on 1 or 2 of the ones I'm learning on time ^_^

Spiritual walk is really not going so well... did manage to read some more of the circle maker which my church is currently reading together, but it was on a break at work and was not for very long... today is another fail >_<

As for the kitchen, OMG it is sooo nice to have a mostly clean kitchen when you get home and start to do dinner, and not having to clean the dishes before you use them makes cooking so much more enjoyable, and it goes so much more quickly, leaving  more time to play and exercise and read and watch more k dramas and Once. almost completely clean kitchen, little more dishes to do, but everything else is taken care of! gonna pass it!

Day three! And still going strong!

6Uso7zr.gif

Feeling AWESOME, dropped 2 of the stubborn pounds, and regardless of the fact that I have been waking multiple times nightly (according to Fitbit) I actually felt pretty dern good this morning and not too tired.

Food today went awesome! and actually got the time and energy to update my diary on fitness pal to track it. had 2 eggs fried for breakfast, small bit of trail mix for snack 1 and half a green pepper w/ a smidge of fresh chevre i picked up at the farmers market. For lunch I had leftover salmon, asparagus, and cauliflower, and for dinner I made pork chops smothered in apple slices and onion, with a side of green beans.

40 oz green tea, 60 oz water (may drink a bit more water before the end of the night though)

Definitely an A for tonight!

exercise went great, even got the baby to dance with me for quite a bit, and then he wanted to stretch with me afterwards. Really helped him fall asleep too, I dunno but I think falling asleep to Wild Child Music is a pretty decent way to get to sleep. definitely gettiong closer to having some of these dances down pat, was even able to recall most of the dance while at work, though people thought I was trying to hula dance since I didn't wanna full out sexy dance at work xDD grade: A

Spiritual: I don't think I count praise and worship in my car as a pass, but at least it's something you know... ugh, I really need to just sit down and crack these books open, once I do it'll be all downhill from there I'm sure.

Kitchen: may do some more dishes before I go to sleep, but it's still keeping up real nice, mostly just need to wash some silverware and the dishes from tonights dinner. It's seriously nice coming home to a clean kitchen, and it was wonderful knowing I had gotten the garbage out on time (last year we kept forgetting and wound up with a maggot infestation in our outside dumpster/garbage can... it was not fun, nor pretty...)

f16DxJA.gif

I love that this time around the boyfriend seems to be committed to his goals too, so I have actual IRL encouragement and competition xD helps to keep me motivated and going. Can't wait for Saturday though, really wanna ride my bike again, and see if I can do better this time.

Think I may do bodyweight training tomorrow, or strength yoga, really need to build some muscle back up, I'm too squishy now..

btw I think i should post my inspiration, my inspiration and weight goal is actually myself just a few years ago, like 5 I think... maybe 6 now, wow...

2653_58691511830_4310077_n_zps38a1e1b8.j

and this is what I look like now...

66919_465149693539677_943037776_n_zps64c (well this was winter 2 years ago, but it's one of the most recent full length pics of me right now, since i refuse to have my picture taken most of the time now...)

2 more pounds lost! I have a feeling I'll hit a plateau real fast here, but these little victories feel so great right now ^_^

My sleep though... oh man. out of 5 hrs in bed, I slept only 2 hours and 45 minutes, and was restless for 2 hours and 10 mins. this is why I am always exhausted, no matter how much I sleep, cuz I'm not sleeping but half the night >_<

rest of my day's update will come later tonight

Keep up the good work .... the beginning is always harder, keep going though and once its become habit the time will fly past and the weight will just drop off. !

nice posts by the way, you have a really readable style of posting .. and love all the animated gifs :D

• Like 1

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

Thank you both! I'm excited, because I feel like this is the one that is going to stick. I'm not planning for when I can "stop dieting and exercising" like I used to, I am looking forward, and planning forward, for this to be a permanent change, and I find it exciting for once. I also signed up for camp to give me extra incentive to keep to it, otherwise if I'm not in a regular routine by the time camp rolls around I'll feel like I just wasted a huge amount of money to go hang out at a camp I'll be good for nothing at xD.

As for my writing style, I do try to keep it how I normally talk, which I think is why it's more readable. That and I spend all day on the phone explaining things to people (I work in a call center for heath insurance) so it's easier for me to talk in a way that is understandable. But I'm glad it's not only understandable and flows nicely but seems to be interesting. I do try ^_^

I also write poetry, but... well that's something no one wants to read xDD

I too struggle to go full paleo with a housefull of males that don't want to play along (husband unit + 3 boys) but I do the best I can.  I found "The Primal Blueprint" was a little better to follow in a mixed household (still non-grain but allows dairy so it fit in a little better with my house-o-boys).

I found it helps to keep a food journal when you are trying to stick to something - be it paleo or whole 30 or whatever.  in the back of my mind I'd think "do I really want to write this down?"  Also it helped me when I was making good food choices but still making bad portion size choices.  Writing it down forced me to measure/weigh and really know what I was eating.

You wrote about signing up for a camp - is it Camp Nerdfitness?  If so, I'm very jealous!!  It looks like it is going to be so much fun this year.

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Yeah, I've got the boyfriend and a 3 yr old boy, and the 3 year old takes to the healthy eating with much more grace than the boyfriend lol. I also find writing it down helps, for the same reason, so I use MyFitnessPal, and made sure my food diary is public, so I have the added fear of how many people will see that bad choice I made xD

yes I signed up for camp nerdfitness, I've been hemming and hawing about it since the early bird registration, but kept putting of the decision. Then the other day it went from having 13 open slots for weeks, down to 9 and then 7 in like 2 days and realized I REALLY wanted to go, and better book it before it sold out

pKbVgQm.gif

So yeah, I'm excited for that ^_^

Hey, welcome back!!!!  This time, you're going to rock the challenge!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hey, welcome back!!!!  This time, you're going to rock the challenge!!!

Thank you, I certainly feel like it. Although the last few days haven't been the best ( I think I got the carb flu pretty bad, but it also might be the non sleeping, I'm going to need to set up a visit with my doctor and get a sleep study done >_< Sleep apnea tends to run in my family, and I really need to make sure I don't have it) I also haven't given up and am still fully excited for the changes that are happening and going to continue to happen.

So quick update on Days 4,5, and 6. As mentioned above I think Carb Flu has hit with a vengeance. Still sticking to the mostly Paleo foods, doing real well with the eating actually and am seriously proud of myself. That being said I did break down and buy some frozen yogurt bars, So I'm making sure if I have one of these it is my only cheat for the day, but I also made some Paleo Pudding to help me through the rest of the sugar cravings, and it was a simple enough recipe that should the need arise I can whip some up and beat the sweet cravings.

So while the food is still going great, and the pounds are still basically melting off, the sluggishness hit HARD and I didn't get moving as much as I should have this these last few days. Now I'm not actually sure if its carb flu either because I haven't been sleeping too great lately. According to the sleep tracker on my fitbit, I'm averaging about half the time in bed sleeping and half the time restless/awake, so I'm getting on average about 2-3 hours of actual sleep but it is consistently broken up through the night. Basically I wake up at least once every hour. My dad has sever sleep apnea, and it sounds like I have at least a pretty mild case of it also, according to my boyfriend who has confirmed I do stop breathing while sleeping sometimes. Adding a goal for this week to get to the doctor and get a physical, (for the first time in my life basically, I hate going to the doctor >_< and I don't even know who my new doctor is, it was randomly assigned to me with my new insurance, and as I'm new to the area, I didn't really fight it.) and request a sleep study based on this evidence. I plan to get a sleep study done and out of the way in time for diagnosis and if needed, for me to get any machines/meds I may need before camp, so that anyone stuck with me in the bunk doesn't get kept up all night by snoring and gasping for air.

And I'm gonna have to fail myself this whole week on the spiritual walk it seems, which sucks, since that is the one I need to work on  the most...

But the kitchen has been wonderfully clean this week, and it is so very refreshing. makes food prep, and cooking on time easier, makes me feel happier cuz i'm not coming home to clean dishes, dirty them again and clean them all again. Gives me a lot more free time, which I love.

update on today, Day 7 coming shortly, but first, gonna workout

Day 7 : The utter food fail day...

do0GfXF.gif

So today was not so great food wise. Sundays tend to be like that though, as we tend to go out to esat after church with my parents sometimes.Today we went to Pizza Ranch, which is a pizza buffet... yeah, pizza buffet...

izCwsVq.gif

so yeah... went a bit overboard... like way over board, but compensated somewhat by skipping dinner (honestly I still wasn't even hungry by then >_< ) and exercising. Did the Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and omg i forgot how horribly intense it is  >_< it always makes me feel like I've never moved in my life, thats how horribly out of shape it makes me feel

BcrqOjS.gif

but it feels so empowering afterwards, so thats good.

Also today was church so that is an hour of spiritual, and the message today was definitely pointed right at me. Definitely one I'll have to download and listen to again and meditate on and dig further. My Church has sermons on Soundcloud so if anyone is ever interested, they are really good, and pretty funny. Vertical Church Zeeland.

Kitchen hasn't gotten very messed up as a result of the great pizza escapade, so no real need to do anything, though I may go through and make sure all the dishes I washed last night get put away.

all in all, actually not too bad a day, though the cheesecake from the boyfriends b-day last night set me back a bit weight wise. and i know tomorrow will reflect the pizza escapade, but tomorrow is also another day, and a chance for a fresh start.

I love that you're doing dancing as your exercise. No one really thinks of it as a workout, but it really is such great cardio. Rock it girl! :)

Plus, the baked salmon you mentioned sounds reallllly good. Now I'm hungry. Thanks, haha.

Well I mean I started out my workout life with Zumba, I always knew dancing was a crazy good way to move and sweat and exercise, and now every time I end a kpop dance session in sweat it reaffirms that notion. I love it.

The salmon I mentioned was a recipe I found online, and was absolutely phenomenal, you can find the recipe here: PaleOMG 10 minute 5 ingredient creamy dill salmon

• Like 1

, though the cheesecake from the boyfriends b-day last night set me back a bit weight wise

yeah, I wouldnt look at the scales for a couple of days if you are liable to be upset by them ..... the cheese cake and pizza wont have added much in the way of fat .. maybe 0.25lbs .... but .. the sudden increase of carbs in your diet will mean that for the next couple of days your body will hold on to water like a sponge, so expect to be 2-5lbs heavier for the next couple of days  .... its not fat, its carb held water !

Keep going, you are doing well

Human | Ranger

Level 3 | STR: 8 | DEX: 2 | STA: 8 | CON: 5 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 7

Current Challenge / Second Challenge, /  My First Challenge

oh, that's good to know. Thank you. And usually the scales would upset me, but I think I'm finally at a place where instead of getting upset at the scale, I can look at it objectively so that I can see, "okay so this is how these foods affect me" So while I know a lot of people advise not weighing yourself everyday, I probably will continue at least for a little while as I'm making all these changes to see how they affect me and make adjustments as needed.

{edited to add} Plus the weight gain after the carb binge was pretty nominal, and I'm still 4 lbs lighter than when I started this, so it's not too much of a motivation killer

UnkrQat.gif

Yikes, been a while since an update, sorry everyone >_<

KrpPwGI.gif

so quick update on days 8-12... well they kinda sucked...

Long update goes more like:

Monday it seems I did okay with food, although we did get some homemade fudge from our Team Lead at work, since we met our call times goal the previous week.

Tuesday also went well food wise, but then wednesday started a downward spiral that I am still pulling myself out of. Had pudding, 3musketeers bar, cliff bar, it was bad >_< at least I didn't have any ice cream...

uibHQA6.gif

Thursday I didn't bring a lunch to work, so ran to the store and picked up a salad and deviled eggs... had a cliff bar for breakfast, didn't get enough water...

Friday I didn't even log food >_< I had no breakfast, for lunch I had fish and peas, for dinner I tried to paleoify crispy peanut butter chicken, but I didn't have almond flour so I used coconut flour and used far too much >_< the sauce was delish, but the chicken itself wasn't so great, but served it on a bed of lettuce with asparagus on the side, so Friday wasn't too bad food wise either.

Exercise wise - I don't remember which days I actually exercised this week, I remember doing Zumba once, I did a playground workout once and then last night, but I think that was it... there may have been a yoga, but I don't think so...

Spiritual walk has been an ultimate fail, haven't cracked my book open, or the bible, or listened to any praise and worship... may explain why this week I've run into a lot of problems and hard times...

Kitchen has also been pretty neglected. I have done at least some of the dishes most every night, but not enough to keep the kitchen clean. Today is what I consider cleaning day though, so meals today will be leftovers and excess in the fridge/pantry, so it's a great day to get the dishes all done and clean up the kitchen.

Here's to a better week next week. Starting tonight, even though this is still technically the second week... ehh watevs

9hylZ4p.gif

Kpop dancing, now THAT'S a way to exercise  :nevreness: I am also on a regeneration - what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger (and smarter).

I'm impressed that you have a gif for everything. I think a few of us around here are battling our inner Bernard Black.

2017: Year of the Epic Travel Adventure

Lycan Ranger | Level 13

Current challenge - Metallica Theme

Previous: 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle log/inspiration thread

I recognize some .... and some begin a beautiful experience in learning!!!

How are you doing this week??

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Bulk update for Week 3: The Week the almost wasn't

It sucked... like royally... Crash and burn, Epic Fail, just all around not cool

iN2FqZG.gif

but hey, today is a new day... or should have been, but it was just the same as the rest of last week... but it's okay, cuz I have an ace up my sleeve for just such an occasion...

OHLEMONTINE USES SECOND WIND!

JfM5Hsk.gif

In which Lemon uses to tools to help her succeed, NO MATTER WHAT EXCUSES MAY COME ALONG. Feeling lazy? we've already done meal prep for the week, no excuse there! Feeling sleepy, theres a schedule for that, feeling unmotivated, there's a small day win board for that! stopping my excuses and those pesky shoulda coulda woulda's right in their tracks!

Oa803gR.gif

Starting immediately, I have come up with a schedule that includes everything I need for the day, including my spirit time, and some free time to watch TV/ play with my son, do whatever I feel like. This schedule will help me take back control of my day, rather than my day controlling me. when thinking this schedule up, I actually realized just how much time I am wasting everyday, and how much time could be used being productive but gets sucked int the vacuum of time wasters, like tv and social media.

rYm53fO.gif

In addition to the strict schedule I have made for myself, I've also added another time saving element to make it easier. I am now bulk prepping meals for the week. Last night and tonight I prepped this weeks meals for crockpot cooking, so instead of having to cook something after I get home, when I'm exhausted and just wanna veg, the food will cook itself all day, and when me and my son get home, dinner will be ready, healthy and convenient. We'll have more time for playing and spending together. Clean up will also be a breeze, as it's typically going to be one pot cooking, so all I have to clean is any silverware, plates/bowls that are used.

WCtlYNz.jpg

I am also going to apply the DO IT NOW principle, as I am a SERIOUS procrastinator. constantly thinking I will get to that later and then later comes and I'm still too busy *see lazy* to do it. I will be applying this to all aspects of my fitness/health lifestyle now, but will be focusing mainly on the kitchen cleaning, my quiet time with God, and exercise. Instead of thinking I'll do it later, I'll remind myself it's much easier, better and will yield better results if I do it NOW.

g76oF0I.gif

So, with that all being said, part of my new schedule is to be to bed by 11:30 at the absolute latest, which I was alseep, but was woken by the BF calling at midnight, so now that I've updated you all, I'll be taking my leave and sleeping the good sleep.

Also I'm currently having troubles with NerdFitness forums on the laptop, but not on my phone, so don't expect too many updates until we figure out what the issue is, as it's hard to update when I have to click on things and backtrack a bunch (every page I click on comes to a 404 error, anyone know why this is?) and comments/updates from my phone take too long, and don't have any of my cute gifs, so I'll use it only to do quick check ins and comments. anything needing more than like... 10 words, may have to wait...

Zk0bZcW.gif