"My power is rising... It's overflowing!"

been dealing with mad depression lately.

saturday night i couldn't sleep so i went for a walk and saw a guy beating his girlfriend. i went in between trying to de-escalate it peacefull and told the girl to leave and get a cab. girl started walking away and guy attacked me. i suplexed him into ground and pressed my palm against his chest preventing him from getting up and told him to relax. after few tries he managed to get up and tried to run after the girl. i catched him and suplexed him again. this time with bit of power in it and pressed my knee to his chest while controlling his hands and told him to relax.

few guys had just walked around the corner seeing me do back suplex to a guy and thought i was an assaulter. they attacked me from behind and guy i was holding down took a run. i told the guys to keep eyes on the guy they just released. this 200 pound man took a hundred meter sprint and threw the best superman punch i've ever seen straight into his 100 pound girl who dropped like a ragdoll. i thanked the guys for good deed of the day and continued my walk letting the guy keep on beating his unconscious girl. i realised that by intervening i would not win a thing. girl would call me a monster for beating love of his life and guy would sue me. i would not hear "thank you for saving me" and girl would not remember me. by not intervening i would not lose a thing. it's better to let the world burn.

That's dark man. You were right to intervene in the first place and should've after he knocked her out. Still I admire your self control. If I saw a guy do something like that I would end up putting him in the hospital, atleast.

yesterday we did chest.

incline bench press 5 sets to failure

flat bench press close grip 5 sets to failure

then some flys on the machine with a rotation to flat bench press 5 sets of both to failure only one 45 second rest per rotation

then cable flys downwards followed by flat bench flys with dumbbells and preacher press. 5 seats each to failure.

i did not watch weights much but doing to failure made it rough training session enough.

today we will do abs and calves.

• Like 1

calves are fun to do. just pick a random weight that is light and instead of doing reps, do seconds. let's say 45-75 seconds per set. good range of movement and focus on keeping ankles right. we did six sets of these.

then just random abs moves like toes to bar and dragon flag, ab wheels and basic crutches for a while. i just woke up. i have sore throat and i might have fever. first time for everything huh? i don't give a fuck i'm gonna train anyway.

• Like 1

well. sore throat started coming yesterday. i was meant to have a training hour with a guy who has been running local kickboxing team for 20 years and after that i would have taught him some bodybuilding exercises and wrestling. ended up calling it off and staying in bed. just woke up and it hurts even more than yesterday. most annoying thing here is the fact that i probably could train but i don't want to risk getting really sick.

Maybe you should accept that you need a rest... this is probably not what you want to hear, but if a throat infection turns into something worse, you'll be out for much longer than "just" the throat stuff.

By the way: reading your battle log inspired me to try a plank with a stop clock next to me. After 70secs I plopped down on my belly. I don't think it looked very graceful... lol

...and I will follow along, if you don't mind. Your strength training is impressive - and I like it!

• Like 1

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

nice to hear Silverwitch! i've been writing this nearly as diary since beginning. only me and yraen of engwar following my doings :D plank is hard move for midsection. not all powerful but it is very important for building strong abdomen. i was too tired to cook so i took a 800m walk to closest chinese restaurant to eat and visited drugstore and picked some pepsi max on my way home. i felt like i was drunk when i managed to get back home and fever is up! but like daddy said, it's sink or swim :D

• Like 1

Ha, I am convinced you will swim! :D

Something easy and helpful: ginger!

Grab a piece of ginger root, about half the size of your thumb, cut it into thin slices (with one of the nice knives you collect :) ) and pour boiling water over it, as you would do with tea leaves. Let steep for 15 minutes, add if you like a tablespoon honey to it, and drink in small sips.

Ginger tastes sort of hot and strong, but it has a great supportive influence on the immune system, and it even works mildly "disinfecting" against those germs that made your throat sore.

Good are also chicken broth or beef bone broth. It's not a myth - that stuff does help.

Plank is good for strong abdomen? Good to know, I'll keep working on it, it might be a nice addition to the crunches I am doing!

• Like 2

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Man, thank you for this wonderful song! 

I immediately looked up Fink, because I did not know him. Well, there is always a reason to get new music! :)

My crunches/abdominal exercises are nothing special. I do different versions:

#1 I lay down on my back, put the knees up so that they point upwards, feet flat on the ground, and then I lift my upper body (shoulder blades not touching the floor), and come forward with my upper body as much as I can. Lower back stays on the ground. Usually my arms are folded behing my head and I do 25 forward moves before I lay back down.

#2 Laying flat on the ground, I lift my whole upper body into seated position, without momentum and without legs coming off the ground. 25 reps up and down, and when coming back down, then each time slowly (hard for me, if legs are supposed to stay flat, but I manage)

#3 some sort of "holding position": I sit, both legs up, upper body up, so that upper body and legs form sort of an 120° angle. Keep holding 20 secs, go back down, repeat 10 times. 

I hope I described it halfways understandable… It is a mixture of modified Pilates exercises and stuff I've seen others doing. I do not do this daily, but at least once per week. It is not part of a challenge, though. 

If you have any input on this - I'd be happy to hear! Probably, I'm making a lot of stupid mistakes without even knowing… :redface:

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO

Silverwitch. the second one is probably a sit up. it does more work on the hips than the number1 which sounds like a abdominal crunch. try to empty out your lungs when down and suck stomach in while doing it. then the move is perfect :) and number 3 sounds like l seat.

Yraen my throat is slowly getting better. i had quite high fever at saturday but i went to movies and stand up comedy show anyway.  yesterday i about rested. this speed i'll be back training around wednesday. i've enjoyed being here just doing nothing. it has it's great moments.

• Like 1

Thank you for your input on the abdominal exercises! It is actually easier if one empties the lungs and then does the move. Cool! Small thing, but big difference!

Coughing up green or yellow stuff sounds like a bacterial infection to me. I agree with Yraen, get it out of your system!

I hope you will feel better soon!

FLUCTUAT  NEC  MERGITUR

FUELED BY PALEO