Why can't I lose weight?

I weigh daily. This means I get a head's up when the ol' curse is coming. Oh look, I have unexpectedly gained 2lb since yesterday*. It's that time again. I gain about, I dunno, 12 hours or so before the main event.

It can be a bit disheartening in the beginning to see such a leap, but ride it out. In two days you'll find yourself peeing all day; water gone now. Weigh should return to normal numbers.

*obviously if I ate half a pig covered in mayo the day before, then it's not unexpected :)

• Like 3

warrior : level 8

str: 20.75 | dex: 13.75 | sta: 11.75 | con: 9.75 | wis: 8.25 | cha: 4.75

''Difficult' and 'impossible' are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common' - Locke Lamora

There is also typically a small weight spike before ovulation. Ovulation typically is accompanied by a whoosh.

In fact its so useful that if you are trying to make babies and it isn't easily working, daily weighing to track ovulation is pretty much as good as ovulation testers, and free (actually better, because there is a 5 day window before ovulation for prime babymaking, the scale will catch that, the tester will be a couple days late to the party, when you get a positive its almost too late and most of the window is missed).

My wife and I have weighed daily for years (now that babymaking worked, not so much for her), after a few months it became pretty easy to keep track of her cycle with the scale. There was about a 5 lb swing between light parts of her cycle and heavy (water retaining) parts of her cycle. Enough that tracking fat loss with the scale was utterly pointless once she was past the rapid loss phase, only cycle to cycle was comparable.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

1) Bullshit bro-science.

2) Or you could do steady state cardio and burn more calories while not destroying your body and recovery for half a week

4) See 1

6) Found dozens of references to "a study shows", but no one provided the respective study. Sounds like 1) & 4)

9) Mint flavors huh? More bro-science. Chewing gum is supposed to curb appetite, yeah, although mint tends to make healthier foods/produce less tasty and thus seems like a bad choice

10) Pistachios have 600-650cal, pretzels 380-400cal. Just no.

12) Even more bro-science. Training fasted has little impact on the normal trainee, aside from possibly having them feel like crap because they're not used to it.

13) And of course, advertising a supplement. Just no.

How about a glass of purgatory with a splash of heaven?

1) Bullshit bro-science.

2) Or you could do steady state cardio and burn more calories while not destroying your body and recovery for half a week

4) See 1

6) Found dozens of references to "a study shows", but no one provided the respective study. Sounds like 1) & 4)

9) Mint flavors huh? More bro-science. Chewing gum is supposed to curb appetite, yeah, although mint tends to make healthier foods/produce less tasty and thus seems like a bad choice

10) Pistachios have 600-650cal, pretzels 380-400cal. Just no.

12) Even more bro-science. Training fasted has little impact on the normal trainee, aside from possibly having them feel like crap because they're not used to it.

13) And of course, advertising a supplement. Just no.

Was this the same guy that tried to peddle that stuff that supposedly made it possible to lose fat and build muscle? 

jedi-mind-trick_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

There was no spam here.  Move along.

>.>

<.<

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Sigh.

Nothing to sigh about.  We're all good.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School