Weightloss PvP: 10lbs, 10 weeks [15 June - 24 August]

I have two forms of measurement. I use my fitbit scale (I know is not very accurate) and then I use the USMC body composition manual link to follow. I then find the average of both of these and that is the number I am going with.

USMC body composition manual

I looked at the body comp and says I have about 18-19 bf%, whereas other calculators that measure solely the waist say I'm between 23-25%. Maybe I need to invest in calipers? That's a big discrepancy, though I do like the idea of averaging things out which comes to around 21-22, which is a little more believable to me lol. 

Level 2 Half-Orc Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4.7  | WIS 1.9 | CHA 0

CurrentChallenge | PreviousChallenge

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

I looked at the body comp and says I have about 18-19 bf%, whereas other calculators that measure solely the waist say I'm between 23-25%. Maybe I need to invest in calipers? That's a big discrepancy, though I do like the idea of averaging things out which comes to around 21-22, which is a little more believable to me lol. 

Actual figures matter very little. The only true way to find out is to die and be cut open, not very useful.

Use the same method in a repeatable way and if you get and improvement then woohoo. Aim to be as lean as you want to be not to hit a specific number.

Different measurements on me have me at 17% (lol) and up to about 23%. I just track on a graph and make sure the general trend is downwards. I'd peg myself at 20% so for me the average works nicely also.

Taping is an old (and depending on who you ask an out dated way to measure BF) method that provides a good-ish BF%. the more measurements taken into account the more accurate it can be. The reason calipers can be so accurate is you measure several areas on your body vice the less than 5 areas with other methods. if you want a completely accurate method you would need a bod pod or do a water displacement test. In the end unless you are really trying to get to a very specific BF% vice a range the taping method works quite well. my scale fluctuates between 36% and 41% between days where the taping will be between 30-33% which is quite the gap in itself.

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

For last weeks weigh in, I lost 2lbs. Woot Woot! this week's weigh in... not feeling as good about. I realized that the 179 mark is kind of my mental block and I have no idea why but every single time I get near it, I fall off the wagon. This week I will be tying myself to the wagon to be sure I don't fall off (again. curse you Canada day and your delicious snacks) xD

Thanks for the info on measuring bf%, I was so unsure of the more accurate ways to calculate it. 

Also, both my phone and laptop had lagged me out of NF, so I wasn't getting any emails. Has this happened to anyone else? 

• Like 2

Weight Loss. 195lbs -> 135lbs (60lbs target loss)

0%
0%

For last weeks weigh in, I lost 2lbs. Woot Woot! this week's weigh in... not feeling as good about. I realized that the 179 mark is kind of my mental block and I have no idea why but every single time I get near it, I fall off the wagon. This week I will be tying myself to the wagon to be sure I don't fall off (again. curse you Canada day and your delicious snacks) xD

Thanks for the info on measuring bf%, I was so unsure of the more accurate ways to calculate it. 

Also, both my phone and laptop had lagged me out of NF, so I wasn't getting any emails. Has this happened to anyone else? 

I have the same mark at about 180-190. When I get to below 180, i creep back up to around 190. A vicious cycle! D: Let's tie each other to the wagon with cinder blocks so we don't fall off? :D

I've been logged out once, though I think it was because I was cleaning my computer of space and deleted cookies 

Level 2 Half-Orc Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 4.7  | WIS 1.9 | CHA 0

CurrentChallenge | PreviousChallenge

"There is no one giant step that does it, it's a lot of little steps." Peter A. Cohen

Well, I didn't loose much in weight this week but it was measurement day and I lost 1 3/4 inches around my waist and an inch off my hips!

I have a dress picked out that I want to buy as a reward for when I lose 9 more inches off my hips so that I can purchase it in the large size as opposed to xl or bigger.

• Like 4

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4| WIS 3 | CHA 3

First Challenge

Current Challenge

Finally a really good step forward! I gained 1.5lbs last week, but for this week, I lost 3. Woot woot! I guess hauling lumber around in crazy hot weather helps. We finished our deck, thankfully I was only there to help carry things and that, and I took about 3 days just to relax. 

It's been insanely hot here, getting as hot as 40C (105F) and this weeks been seeing around 35C (95F). Way too hot for me, and I've had to cut way back on working out due to this. This week was better as the deck is built so I have so much more energy to workout :)

• Like 3

0%
0%

Nerds,  I have been going through the motions for the last 4 weeks.  I have been still working out and counting the cals, but I haven't been disciplines at all.  Too much drinky drinky, ice cream and Mexican food.  I've told myself that I'm starting the discipline up again lots of times... but now I've gotten back on the train.  My weigh bounced like a super ball between 206-209lbs so many times...  but, I"m done with that.  I *think* I've still lost fat in this time as my waist appears smaller.  I need to buy a new tape measure (as my last one finally died... RIP) to verify.  

I won't even take this as a set back... it just figured out what I need to do to maintain when I do hit my goal look.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

This week has been so difficult, feeling like crap and all week I've been trying to get out of this funk. I've been eating everything in sight and so much bread, it's a surprise I haven't gotten super sick. No idea why either, I'm having a difficult week I suppose. Workouts have been non existent, the most I've done this week is take my bike to work. I think a good first step from here would be to get a workout in as soon as I finish writing this.

Update: Woo! Workout complete. Sore, exhausted and feeling so much better. 

• Like 2

0%
0%

This week has been so difficult, feeling like crap and all week I've been trying to get out of this funk. I've been eating everything in sight and so much bread, it's a surprise I haven't gotten super sick. No idea why either, I'm having a difficult week I suppose. Workouts have been non existent, the most I've done this week is take my bike to work. I think a good first step from here would be to get a workout in as soon as I finish writing this.

tumblr_inline_nrui2j0EPr1to6vpz_500.gif

I know you can!

• Like 1

Anyone mind if I join up a little late? Aiming for 10lbs in the challenge, so that'd b about 8 for here.

• Like 1

Lvl 4 Dragonborn (Dungeons and Dragons not Skyrim) Warrior

STR:8.5 DEX:3 STA:10.5 CON:7.5 WIS:5 CHA:4

MyFitnessPal (Looking for NerdFitness PPL)

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

COLD ASS VIKING CHALLENGE: 30/30

100%
100%

Thanks!

This'll b my first time trying to lose weight without crazy amounts of cardio(lifting instead), anyone have tips or tricks for losing fat but gaining muscle?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Completed:PMyrrh's Viking Winter PMyrrh's Path of the Persevering Paladin Brazen and Unabashed 5 minute Spartan Plank 50/50 Squats

100%
100%

Yeah. I've let myself become a bit preoccupied with other things over the last few weeks and have managed to undo all of my fitness progress.  I'm looking to reboot though, so if anyone is up for another round of 10 lbs/10 weeks I am definitely in and this time I promise to keep my head on straight and finish strong.

• Like 1

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

and i picked up 2kgs lol.  Sorry I haven't been around in a while, it's been really busy.  

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I've....maintained XD.  Difficult with the "I shouldn't eat it because I wanna lose weight" against "I should eat it because its protein and I need those macros".

Also, my phone is too old for Googlesheets, and I only seem to remember to update Nerd Fitness while on my phone, haha.

Current Challenge

100%
100%

Yeah...  I completely stalled and decided to do a 3 week bulk.  I'll be back for the next one.  

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

When does the next thread start?  Is there a method/timeline to it, or can anyone start a new PVP 10lbs/10weeks?  Just curious

"Fairy tales are more than true not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten"  -Neil Gaiman

Mandalorian Assassin: Level 5

Current Challenge - Artemis becomes Mandalorian

Overall Weight Loss Journey: Starting Weight -     Current Weight -    Goal -160lbs

When does the next thread start?  Is there a method/timeline to it, or can anyone start a new PVP 10lbs/10weeks?  Just curious

Feel free to lead us in the next session.

Wheymen