• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Sizzling Summer Summit of Swole 2015

There was no real thought put into which fed's rules to use when we first started this virtual comp. The IPF was chosen by Andy (I think) out of convenience because it was the most well known. The fact of the matter is this is an unofficial, unsanctioned, make believe, for fun meet with a bunch of online friends. I don't care and neither should anyone else if those competing don't adhere to the circle jerk IPF lift standards. Small hitch in your deadlift? Did you get the weight up? Ok then three virtual white lights from me. Cut a squat a little high? Was it close? I'm not going to hate, three whites. Its all kind of silly to me how serious some peeps take these comps.

It's not like we enforce them, we just say what we're aiming for, what the intent is. Don't want poeple quarter squatting and calling it a lift.

Have you had your carbs today bro?

It's not like we enforce them, we just say what we're aiming for, what the intent is. Don't want poeple quarter squatting and calling it a lift.

Have you had your carbs today bro?

Ok that's it! I'm starting my own NF lifting fed. Look for my Scorching Summer Summit of Swole 2015 comp thread coming soon. 

• Like 3

Ok that's it! I'm starting my own NF lifting fed. Look for my Scorching Summer Summit of Swole 2015 comp thread coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was no real thought put into which fed's rules to use when we first started this virtual comp. The IPF was chosen by Andy (I think) out of convenience because it was the most well known. The fact of the matter is this is an unofficial, unsanctioned, make believe, for fun meet with a bunch of online friends. I don't care and neither should anyone else if those competing don't adhere to the circle jerk IPF lift standards. Small hitch in your deadlift? Did you get the weight up? Ok then three virtual white lights from me. Cut a squat a little high? Was it close? I'm not going to hate, three whites. Its all kind of silly to me how serious some peeps take these comps.

There's plenty of circle jerking that goes on on here. Wouldn't say it's IPF sanctioned, though.

So, what you're saying is, you want to use your belly like a trampoline?

How is no one looking at his pants?! 

Side note and actual question...am I allowed to play?  I'm still short of 50 posts...  :nonchalance:

I'm going to skip this one since I'm dead set on breaking into a 1,000 lb total this challenge, and this would take away one of my precious few lifting days. I'm in for the next one though.

• Like 1

Hm. I don't want to devote a whole training week to this like last time, but I'm running Texas Method; maxes wouldn't be far from my normal routine for intensity day. So yeah, I'm in.

Forget the busted NF fed. Everyone should lift in the new Danger Fed. We do all our lifts with tsunami bars on stability balls. You know, real man stuff.

• Like 2

Permission to submit my numbers from when I did this last week -_-

I don't think it would be smart to do 2 mock comps in a row.

But then we'd have to let Tankweazel use hers and win again!

• Like 2

Well, I went 91/111/202 this weekend, so I submitted my numbers... Although, it wasn't quite enough to qualify me for nationals and there is talk of one more last chance meet in my area, so I might have to update those numbers. Is that okay?

• Like 1

You just need to match the snatch and hit the 114 to qualify? For our purposes I don't see why you couldn't update the total.

In other news, I should be able to successfully defend Roo's honor here but nothing's a sure thing until the weights are overhead.

Well, I went 91/111/202 this weekend, so I submitted my numbers... Although, it wasn't quite enough to qualify me for nationals and there is talk of one more last chance meet in my area, so I might have to update those numbers. Is that okay?

All of these would be fine exceptions.

You just need to match the snatch and hit the 114 to qualify? For our purposes I don't see why you couldn't update the total.

In other news, I should be able to successfully defend Roo's honor here but nothing's a sure thing until the weights are overhead.

Yes. I cleaned 114, but missed the jerk. I'm still not the best at following myself and it always makes that last jerk next to impossible. I'm going to work on 2 minute rest between heavy reps. Apparently, I pretty much powered 91kg and the consensus in the warmup area was that I should be snatching 100kg+. My coach thinks I should be able to put 2kg on my snatch and only need a 112kg clean and jerk to qualify. I gotta push hard for the next few weeks. It will be go big or go home at the next meet.

I'm sure you will have no problem sweeping the titles. :)

Yes. I cleaned 114, but missed the jerk. I'm still not the best at following myself and it always makes that last jerk next to impossible. I'm going to work on 2 minute rest between heavy reps. Apparently, I pretty much powered 91kg and the consensus in the warmup area was that I should be snatching 100kg+. My coach thinks I should be able to put 2kg on my snatch and only need a 112kg clean and jerk to qualify. I gotta push hard for the next few weeks. It will be go big or go home at the next meet.

I'm sure you will have no problem sweeping the titles. :)

Gotcha, yeah following yourself is definitely a pain. Definitely don't skimp on the E2MOM heavy singles type efforts to build that up. I just saw the 114 clean on IG or FB. Looked super easy. Get that snatch and jerk up already. :P

• Like 2

Was saying the IPF part for everyone else. Yes, don't worry about apparel/brands/etc. Don't have to perform in a singlet, can use any belt, wrist wrap, or shoes you want.

I'm so doing this in my SBD full GBR.  Raging that SBD elite all got their name on their kit.  When will it be my tiem for medulz plz?

Benching with flat foot forces your feet to be in a more foreword position instead of tucked underneath. If you're allowed to be on your toes it allows for a larger arch.

bench-style-comparison.png

Poor hip and ankle mobility is you can't get your feet behind your glutes to IPF rules.  Good hip mobility also has other advantages.

June 13th until June 28th

Lifted on the 12th :/

...but then.

All of these would be fine exceptions.

Aww yiss!!!

I doubt anyone seriously expected to beat Tankweazel's numbers anyway ;p

Yeah, that goes for most of us here. She competes at the level she does for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is why I think I should probably sit this one out, it isn't fun for guys to have go up against some one who's clearly been doing this a while and competes at that level.  It was good the first time but if I keep coming in and smashing this it won't be fun for people.  I'll try the weightlifting though. 

Plus my wilks from the worlds was worse than my wilks at the Euros.  I'd been 55.9 on the morning and decided to go for breakfast before weigh in, weighed in again at 57.1 and had to make weight to get to 56.85.  Combined with the Equipped Euros a month before I probably wasn't setting myself up for my best performance.

Said good bye to my gains when I went to 52 :'(

This is why I think I should probably sit this one out, it isn't fun for guys to have go up against some one who's clearly been doing this a while and competes at that level.  It was good the first time but if I keep coming in and smashing this it won't be fun for people.  I'll try the weightlifting though. 

Well that's certainly thoughtful of you, but I'm sure most of the people who stick around on these boards are thick-skinned and good sports.  Heck, when I finally get to a point where I'm ready to do a meet (probably next year), because of where I live and my likely weight class,there's a good chance I'll be lifting against Layne Norton.  Knowing that, and after chatting with the more advanced lifters on these boards, it makes it easy to see this all as a personal quest to improve myself--and sometimes that means letting yourself get trounced by someone superior...

tumblr_mlfwyl_Xu_Kq1r827vgo1_400.gif

...assuming you dont' get killed in the process.

I find it very weird that I've met Layne Norton twice now. My sponsors went mental for his 303kg squat in Salo.

But Chen was way cooler.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

I find it very weird that I've met Layne Norton twice now. My sponsors went mental for his 303kg squat in Salo.

But Chen was way cooler.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

He's so crazy strong for his size it's not even demotivational for me.  It would be like not eating because you'll never be as fat as a sumo wrestler--unless you're willing to eat 10,000 calories a day, you just deal with it and do what you can.  That squat was ridiculous, though!  But then again, so were Inna's squats and deadlifts.  Holy crap, what a beast she is.

As far as personality, there are certainly a lot of people that don't speak very highly of Layne.  Never met him, so I couldn't say.  Sometimes just having an active internet presence can make a competitive person seem arrogant.  Whatever the case, it's hard to argue with what he's accomplished, but it's always nice to see a little grace and humility mixed in with the raging success