• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Sizzling Summer Summit of Swole 2015

As far as personality, there are certainly a lot of people that don't speak very highly of Layne.  Never met him, so I couldn't say.  Sometimes just having an active internet presence can make a competitive person seem arrogant.  Whatever the case, it's hard to argue with what he's accomplished, but it's always nice to see a little grace and humility mixed in with the raging success

He's never come across as arrogant when I've met him.  I think I just have more admiration for the female lifters because I'm a girl and can see them as much more aspirational.  Thanks for always moving the goal posts Inna.

In saying that, there was plenty of admiration of Adrien Poinson going on in the warm up room.  Got told off about behaviour from the GBR coaches.  I offered to lift him up for the photo of us together.  (Most lady like Tanky.)

• Like 1

I did this today - 1st time I have ever tried to find a 1RM so I was somewhat conservative, particularly for the 1st 2 lifts in each event.

Squat:  

1st: 275/124.71

2nd: 305/138.32

3rd:  325/147.39

Bench:

2nd:  285/129.25

3rd:  305/138.32

Deadlift:

1st:  345/156.46

2nd:  375/170.06

3rd:  405/183.67

Overall, I felt like I could have lifted more on the bench and DL.  My biggest squat limiter is consistantly getting deep.  I was told my last 2 were OK...barely.  Now, lets see if I can somewhat repeat this for real in a couple weeks under much different conditions.

• Like 3

I did this today - 1st time I have ever tried to find a 1RM so I was somewhat conservative, particularly for the 1st 2 lifts in each event.

Squat:  

2nd: 305/138.32

3rd:  325/147.39

Bench:

2nd:  285/129.25

3rd:  305/138.32

Deadlift:

1st:  345/156.46

2nd:  375/170.06

3rd:  405/183.67

Overall, I felt like I could have lifted more on the bench and DL.  My biggest squat limiter is consistantly getting deep.  I was told my last 2 were OK...barely.  Now, lets see if I can somewhat repeat this for real in a couple weeks under much different conditions.

Those are some damn nice lifts.

• Like 1

Maybe the spambots are evolving. Just in case the Danger Fed will include a spambot division so that they may compete against their peers.

• Like 5

Gah. I really want to do this, and I can probably adjust my singles week next week to fit it, but I'm just getting back into my 5/3/1 proper... Well, we'll see how the second half of triples goes. I'm feeling strong in my deadlift, definitely some serious progress since Valentine's.

Ah shit. I didnt know this thing was going on. Im definitely not prepared for it. Kinda fat right now, going for 1000 total. Lifts are up about 5%, but weight is up 10%. Maybe i'll try next week.

Okay, I'm in and will compete to take last place in the Weightlifting Division!  That way, when there are "most improved" titles, I shall be victorious!

... or maybe it's my first meet and I'm still at low weights and that is why my expectations aren't high :)

• Like 1

Looking at the references on the Deadlift Leaderboard.....

Spezzy used 0.453592 to convert 400 pounds to 181.4368 kilograms and truncated after two decimal places.

CHK used 0.4535 to convert 565 pounds to 256.23 and rounded to two decimal places.

If you round to the nearest 0.1 kg, then your rounding error is 50 grams, or 0.11 pounds.  (0.0555 Wilks points for you)  Are plates typically used in the gym typically built to that kind of precision?

Just my opinion - The OP says multiply by 0.454.

EDIT:  I just looked up the rule book about accuracy of weights.  The approved plates within 0.25% or 0.01 kg (for plates less than 5 kg) and there is a table.

Okay, I'm in and will compete to take last place in the Weightlifting Division! That way, when there are "most improved" titles, I shall be victorious!

... or maybe it's my first meet and I'm still at low weights and that is why my expectations aren't high :)

We take all comers! This place needs more weightlifters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Okay, I'm in and will compete to take last place in the Weightlifting Division!  That way, when there are "most improved" titles, I shall be victorious!

Well, at least you won't have DNF next to your name. :-)

Looking at the references on the Deadlift Leaderboard.....

Spezzy used 0.453592 to convert 400 pounds to 181.4368 kilograms and truncated after two decimal places.

CHK used 0.4535 to convert 565 pounds to 256.23 and rounded to two decimal places.

If you round to the nearest 0.1 kg, then your rounding error is 50 grams, or 0.11 pounds.  (0.0555 Wilks points for you)  Are plates typically used in the gym typically built to that kind of precision?

Just my opinion - The OP says multiply by 0.454.

EDIT:  I just looked up the rule book about accuracy of weights.  The approved plates within 0.25% or 0.01 kg (for plates less than 5 kg) and there is a table.

Plates used in a gym are sometimes off by 0 decimal places.... i.e. measured in whole pounds.  It's usually not that bad, but can be.  Been meaning to check my bumpers from Fringe to see how accurate they were (assuming of course my scale is accurate which is another issue).

Too late for me to get in on this one (and don't think I've got enough posts yet anyway). The good news is that it means I'll have time to get back to my best by the next one. Current maxes give me a 480kg total at 95kg BW, a touch under 300 Wilks points.

I'll be using competition calibrated plates so I'll go ahead and round to the nearest ten-thousandths.

deal_with_it_cat_by_zombiemaster29-d6c4f 

This is all assuming i even manage to fit it before I leave for Minnesota at the end of the week. 

• Like 3

This is all assuming i even manage to fit it before I leave for Minnesota at the end of the week.

Something tells me there will be a platform or two in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say you could come do the lifts in my basement, but A, that sounds creepy as hell.  B, the ceiling isn't tall enough to do Oly lifts.  We'd have to haul the weights out into the backyard.  3rd, I doubt I'll be around.  So all and all... I'm basically no help whatsoever.

• Like 1

Haha, no worries. Probably won't have much time regardless. Getting in Thursday to get the lay of the land, have sessions most of Friday, and flying out pretty early Saturday. The venue info says there's an "offsite" training hall at a local CF box so depending on that situation I might give it a shot. I'm still hoping I can get them in either tomorrow evening or Thursday morning before my flight. Danger Dungeon is a few lags from being functional finally.