• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Sizzling Summer Summit of Swole 2015

If only this was a week longer I would be able to participate.

But seeing Curl, Rookie, and Castiel is making me want to find a way to get some bullshit attempts in just to say I did.

• Like 1

I think I just hit 1000# for the SSSS. I'll post vids maybe this weekend.

s1 305

s2 315x0 (fail. took a massive shit after)

s3 315

b1 255

b2 265

b3 275

d1 395

d2 405

d3 415

Total = 1005, if lifts judge ok

Oh hey, I just converted to units of the pretentious and punched them into the spreadsheet, and I didnt do too bad, though my chances of standing on the virtual podium might have a strong dependency on the number of valid entries remaining under six.

Barring an incident with my rather grumpy upper back, I'll likely plug in my numbers from training on Saturday so I won't be even close to maximal (think this week is around 80%) but not embarrassing by any stretch.

Just posted today's numbers.  Legs were feeling quite wobbly - either not enough caffeine or too much caffeine....

Happy with squat at 120kg but await a judges review - is it deep enough to count?!

Bench is a bit meh - progress is slow but hey - almost at body weight!

Disappointed with DL today - maybe tired from the other lifts - can't believe my squat has caught up with dl!

BW 74kg

Squat 115kg, 120kg, 125kg

Bench 60kg, 65kg, 70kg

DL 110kg, 120kg, 125kg

is it deep enough to count?!

I dont think these squats were even close to parallel, but it is obvious that you are way stronger than you were during the VVLL! You could probably get even higher bench numbers if you tuck your elbows in a little. Probably rep your bodyweight with a little practice. Didnt your grip used to be wider?

If only this was a week longer I would be able to participate.

But seeing Curl, Rookie, and Castiel is making me want to find a way to get some bullshit attempts in just to say I did.

Yeah, I have a comp in 3 weeks, so I'm not maxing out right now as I am just working higher intesntiy singles. I'll probably only hit 92-95% this time around for this. Raw Nationals will be during the next one though, so both Spezzy and I will be bringing our A game.

Can I put a squat number in there, even if I'm not deadlifting or benching? Hit 163/359 tonight and just want to brag... :-D

Yep, you can compete in individual lifts. They only have to be sequential all competition like if you want your total to be an actual total.

Happy with squat at 120kg but await a judges review - is it deep enough to count?!

Sorry friend, you're a solid 5-6 inches high. Looks like you might have the classic "squatting over your legs" instead of "squatting between your legs" problem.

• Like 1

I dont think these squats were even close to parallel, but it is obvious that you are way stronger than you were during the VVLL! You could probably get even higher bench numbers if you tuck your elbows in a little. Probably rep your bodyweight with a little practice. Didnt your grip used to be wider?

Your squat does look a little shallow, but I'm obviously not one of the judges. I do see some small tweaks you can make that will probably really help you in deadlifts, though. It looked to me that if you drop your hips and raise your chest more in the setup, you'd be able to use more hip drive and less of your spinal erectors in breaking the weight of the floor. This would also help you keep the bar closer to your body, which would give you better leverage. This would probably yield some noticeable improvement for you very quickly, because it didn't look like you have any trouble at lockout, but are instead struggling at the beginning. In fact, on your second attempt, you practically shrugged the bar at lockout on a weight that was only 5 kilos lighter than the third attempt that stayed on the floor. With conventional, the reverse usually happens.

This would also be much safer for your back. I only spoke up, because I'm a big sissy when it comes to my lower back, so it jumped out at me while I was watching your lifts.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I have a comp in 3 weeks, so I'm not maxing out right now as I am just working higher intesntiy singles. I'll probably only hit 92-95% this time around for this. Raw Nationals will be during the next one though, so both Spezzy and I will be bringing our A game.

Looking at the dates, that writes off competing for those of us doing the British Classic Championships.

Looking at the dates, that writes off competing for those of us doing the British Classic Championships.

It was happenstance, happens every 4 months (Feb, June, Oct) and USAPL Raw Championships happened to fall right in the middle of October. I'm currently planning on shifting the fall comp up slightly to run Ocober 3 to October 18 so that the beginning is during Camp NF, but that's not set in stone.

When are the dates of the BCCs? I tried searching but the sites are getting hung up for me. If it's close enough we can either shift the comp around, or provide exeptions so your lifts count.

It was happenstance, happens every 4 months (Feb, June, Oct) and USAPL Raw Championships happened to fall right in the middle of October. I'm currently planning on shifting the fall comp up slightly to run Ocober 3 to October 18 so that the beginning is during Camp NF, but that's not set in stone.

When are the dates of the BCCs? I tried searching but the sites are getting hung up for me. If it's close enough we can either shift the comp around, or provide exeptions so your lifts count.

The British Classics are September 19-20 for women and October 3-4 for men. Last year the autumn comp ran 18 September to 3 October (or something like that) to take in Camp NF and the UK gathering (as well as the British Classic).

(There's also the British Classic Junior Men on 31 October and 1 November, but I don't think we have any junior men going for qualification on NF, although someone could feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

We have at least three women qualified to lift at the Women's classic though (me, TW and QoB).

Wouldn't it just be easier to use the numbers from the BCC as your attempts and keep the NF virtual in the current dates?

The question is basically whether that will be allowed or whether the USAPL championships are going to be given priority over the GBPF ones. ;)

The question is basically whether that will be allowed or whether the USAPL championships are going to be given priority over the GBPF ones. ;)

I'll probably keep the dates the same to keep it in the current months (I want to start being consistant with it), but allow attempts from all of those competitions to count. It's not like they're 2 months out or something like that, it's 2 weeks.

How much of an asshole would I be if I wanted to compete this time around JUST to beat Rookie's Wilks by a point?

If I can scrape together a measly 945 total, I think it would give me a wilks of 288.95.

How much of an asshole would I be if I wanted to compete this time around JUST to beat Rookie's Wilks by a point?

If I can scrape together a measly 945 total, I think it would give me a wilks of 288.95.

Oooooooohhhhhhh

3599510-1629914268-batma.jpg

• Like 1

Okay, so I did my virtual meet this morning and have video of my very very beginner lifts. Any suggestions on a video editor to put these together so I can put my embarassingly bad lifts up here?

Yes, but I'm expecting a razor-sharp, one-liner in response any moment now. You should be on your guard...

Don't pigeonhole me into being the one liner guy. I can be sincere across multiple sentences.

I encourage Matty to put up those numbers. I've enjoyed the friendly competition over the last several months, and this might be the last time. I'm afraid that now that I've hit the 1000# goal, I'm going to leave Matty behind in Wilks with my upcoming cut. Matty doesn't have much to cut.

Other than his tampon string.

• Like 2

Don't pigeonhole me into being the one liner guy. I can be sincere across multiple sentences.

I encourage Matty to put up those numbers. I've enjoyed the friendly competition over the last several months, and this might be the last time. I'm afraid that now that I've hit the 1000# goal, I'm going to leave Matty behind in Wilks with my upcoming cut. Matty doesn't have much to cut.

Other than his tampon string.

1367891110476.gif

• Like 1