• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Sizzling Summer Summit of Swole 2015

Okay - here are my lifts, minus the first one which was lost due to technical difficulties.  I know I've got press-outs, my feet keep going out of bounds, my clean grip starts out too wide, and I have some mental block with receiving in a snatch position.  But, one day I'm going to look back at this and say "Holy cow, I have come SO FAR".

• Like 2

How much of an asshole would I be if I wanted to compete this time around JUST to beat Rookie's Wilks by a point?

If I can scrape together a measly 945 total, I think it would give me a wilks of 288.95.

An inch is as good as a mile.  Or a decimal as good as a dozen.

Bigger is well, bigger.

• Like 1

My meager lifts.

I haven't been training for heavy weights at all.

BW 202 lbs

Squat: 245lbs, 255lbs, 265lbs failed

Bench: 175lbs, 185lbs failed. Rehabbing left shoulder

DL: 315lbs, 335lbs failed Too tired as I played with sumo up to this point.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

How much of an asshole would I be if I wanted to compete this time around JUST to beat Rookie's Wilks by a point?

If I can scrape together a measly 945 total, I think it would give me a wilks of 288.95.

An inch is as good as a mile.  Or a decimal as good as a dozen.

Bigger is well, bigger.

Sorry friend, you're a solid 5-6 inches high. Looks like you might have the classic "squatting over your legs" instead of "squatting between your legs" problem.

Agreed.

Appologies in advance for poor tekkers, poor camera angles and missing my last two jerks (thanks for that phone)

I've got a couple of menths to get it in check before I compete.
  • Like 4

Okay - here are my lifts, minus the first one which was lost due to technical difficulties. I know I've got press-outs, my feet keep going out of bounds, my clean grip starts out too wide, and I have some mental block with receiving in a snatch position. But, one day I'm going to look back at this and say "Holy cow, I have come SO FAR

You're gutsy. If I even FELT like I was going to miss a jerk attempt, I'd probably sling that thing so far behind me I'd get kicked out of the gym 😜
  • Like 1

You're gutsy. If I even FELT like I was going to miss a jerk attempt, I'd probably sling that thing so far behind me I'd get kicked out of the gym

It's become a running joke between my coach and I: it's not a workout session until I bail (and/or end up on my butt) at least once. One of my first few sessions in crossfit foundations, she was getting me not to pitch forward by standing in front of my shoulder, and it turned into the most spectacular bail out ever. Ever since then something's happened and I've ended up on my butt [sometimes just even doing broad jumps]. In our sessions now, whenever I end up on my butt we both say "well at least we've gotten that out of the way early".

So, I'm well experienced with bailing, although I usually chuck it forward which was where that whole thing came in. :)

• Like 1

I still haven't mastered the art of missing behind. When the weight gets too far back, I pitch it forward anyway, which just puts me on my tookus. Better that then ripping an arm out of a socket, which is what I always imagine happening when I miss behind.

Anyway, in the middle of a cycle and full lifts from the floor aren't on the schedule for a while, so no official entry from me (not that I can beat Angela anyway). Here's some block lifts from today at 60 and 80 just for funsies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I'm not at all peaked and was just on vacation for over a week...but what the hell? There's one day left in this thing. I'll put up some conservative singles tomorrow before my work sets.

Old guy is not done yet

Squat, 425, 435, 445 (15# PR)

Bench 325, 345, 355 (15# PR...can't do plate math, was supposed to top out at 345#)

Deadlift 425, 435, 445F (5# PR)

Overhead press 225, 235, 245F..now to drop weight so that 245 (when I get it) is a bodyweight overhead.  Tipping the scales at 270# this morning.

Video links later.

• Like 3

Feeling pretty rough from the week off eating and drinking like a pig, but I did promise to do some conservative singles tonight. Those conservative singles proved to be pretty damn tough. Plus I was pretty beat by the time DL came around from the volume stuff. I also knew I had a set of five DLs after my single so didn't get crazy.

Squat: 1x405, 3x5x335

TNG Bench: 1x225 (paused), 3x5x205

Deadlift: 1x405, 5x365

Weighed in at 205 this morning (93 kg). I'll do the rest of my conversion math on the spreadsheet. Hopefully I'll be leaner and peaked-er next time around but still wanted to participate.

Looks like I'll be skipping this one. Never found the time this weekend to put up my attempts and it's getting too close to my comp to be doing anything but getting ready for that.

Officially done, will post up results later today.

Looks like I had to skip this one too. Didn't get my summer/out of town gym figured out until too late, and now I just need to get lifting again. Testing my 1rms won't help anything right now.

So when do we get our titles?! :)

I'm kind of surprised to be at the top of the squat rankings... Thought for sure a tiny powerlifter would come in and kill it on that one.

When I get around to actually doing it. I haven't entered my singles from last week yet, don't know if my 90% squat is enough to beat you. I'm not eligible for the total though.

I think tankweazel felt bad about being able to smash this thing open with her warm up sets.

And I'm reaping all the benefits...

tumblr_lu5ozrz5yP1qztqsao1_500.gif

Pretty much this....

It's my goal to get to Tanky's level. 

On the plus side, if I do, I'd be the first home-grown Nerd to go international in powerlifting (unless Spezzy gets there first).