• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Sizzling Summer Summit of Swole 2015

Sorry friend, you're a solid 5-6 inches high. Looks like you might have the classic "squatting over your legs" instead of "squatting between your legs" problem.

Yeah - that's what I thought.  I've been guilty of not recording anything for several months.  Felt like I have been squatting deep enough but nowhere near it!  Did a 5x10 50kg session last night to just below parallel and nearly died!  Something to work on :D

Your squat does look a little shallow, but I'm obviously not one of the judges. I do see some small tweaks you can make that will probably really help you in deadlifts, though. It looked to me that if you drop your hips and raise your chest more in the setup, you'd be able to use more hip drive and less of your spinal erectors in breaking the weight of the floor. This would also help you keep the bar closer to your body, which would give you better leverage. This would probably yield some noticeable improvement for you very quickly, because it didn't look like you have any trouble at lockout, but are instead struggling at the beginning. In fact, on your second attempt, you practically shrugged the bar at lockout on a weight that was only 5 kilos lighter than the third attempt that stayed on the floor. With conventional, the reverse usually happens.

Thanks - that's spot on.  Whenever I fail a DL it's because I can't get it off the ground - I've never failed at lockout.  I'll give this a go.

I dont think these squats were even close to parallel, but it is obvious that you are way stronger than you were during the VVLL! You could probably get even higher bench numbers if you tuck your elbows in a little. Probably rep your bodyweight with a little practice. Didnt your grip used to be wider?

Yeah - it's great looking back and seeing the progress in only a few months.  Again, some form has definitely slipped - this has been a good reminder that I need to tape myself and watch it back to keep on top of things like elbows! 

I think tankweazel felt bad about being able to smash this thing open with her warm up sets.

Exactly this.  And it's not as if I'm on my way down anytime soon as I'm still pretty young in powerlifting terms.

• Like 1

All entries have been added to the leaderboards.  Posts are being updated shortly.  

@AlexCold & @mgage, I didn't update any of your entries as it would have moved your Wilkes down from your February totals.  If you want me to post them anyway, just let me know.

@IronPlayground, you still only have 3 posts so they weren't added.  Super impressive lifts though.  Please post more and be active on NF!  Love to get more strong people on the boards.  

Finally got around to giving everyone their titles. Our new champions are:

AngelaTheGeek- Squat, Snatch, Clean & Jerk, Overall Weightlifting

Wildross- Bench and Overall Powerlifting

Rookiebeotch- Deadlift

IronPlayground was not eligible for titles as he only has 3 posts, the last being in 2014.

Congrats all!

good job tubby

Thanks! Especially the 'tubby' part. Of course I can't say the same back to you because you kept to your leanness; you stayed dedicated to a long term dietary plan.

And you didn't get any titles.

• Like 3

Whoa. I got one! Even with some of this extra bodyfat. Hopefully more participation for Thanksgiving.

It'll be mid-october and coincide with camp, so I assume both Spezzy, bigm, and I will be competing next time at least. The summer one usually has lower participation for some reason.

Thanks! Especially the 'tubby' part. Of course I can't say the same back to you because you kept to your leanness; you stayed dedicated to a long term dietary plan.

And you didn't get any titles.

LOL... that was from mildly amusing, to downright hilarious with the last sentence. Thanks for the laugh. :-)

• Like 2