Nerdwarts SURPRISE Mini #1: Troll in the Dungeon!

I'm in the same boat.  I think maybe the people setting these up should think about raising the number of reps required so that more people can participate.  Especially when you consider time zone differences, time of day (or even day of the week) people are able to exercise, and the insane number of reps some of the assassins can do.  Last challenge, most of the pop-up things were complete before I even saw they had been posted, and even if I had seen them right away, they were still done before I would have been able to do anything to contribute.

Lots of very wise speculation from your fellow Assassins above, so I'll just say, have a little faith in us. ^_^  We're constantly adjusting based on experiences in previous minis.  We want everyone to have fun, promise.

• Like 7

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Still, I am one proud wheezing steam train for having managed those 101 still and giving Gryffindor some honor here.

Troll, you better run while you still can!

101? Sorry, you've started the next century so you have to do 99 more :D

• Like 4

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

"Damnit, Jim, I'm a doctor not a Kangaroo!"

130 step-ups and box-jumps. I decided to do step ups taking my 6 flights of stairs for a couple times today and I would hop up a couple steps for the box jump part. After 3 total up and down the 6 flights, I accumulated 130. BAM!

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Class: Hero/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Triforce

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Guys, the step-ups option is for those with injuries or other health issues that prevent them from jumping.

Keep it fair - if you can jump, jump.  If you're tired, stop.  Don't inflate your score with the easier variant.  Thank you!!!!!

• Like 7

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Guys, the step-ups option is for those with injuries or other health issues that prevent them from jumping.

Keep it fair - if you can jump, jump.  If you're tired, stop.  Don't inflate your score with the easier variant.  Thank you!!!!!

52102617.jpg

Haha, I get your point, and I totally respect that.

This leads me to ask. Can you actually add to your score after you initial attempt, since I did box jumps, if i did some more later or tomorrow, can I add them or do I just add my name with another set. Or am I allowed just one attempt?

• Like 2

FearlesslyFree

HumanAssassin

[Level: 2 | STR 3.7 | DEX 1.8 | STA 2.8 | CON 3.7 | WIS 4 | CHA 2.8 ]

The Beginning The Journey Continues FearlesslyFree, Road to 20 Push ups

Current Challenge: FearlesslyFree Returns to Battle

John 5:22-24

52102617.jpg

Haha, I get your point, and I totally respect that.

This leads me to ask. Can you actually add to your score after you initial attempt, since I did box jumps, if i did some more later or tomorrow, can I add them or do I just add my name with another set. Or am I allowed just one attempt?

Trying to keep it fair for all, that's all. ^_^

This isn't like an AMRAP so you can keep adding to your line until the troll is wounded.  No need to make a new line!

• Like 3

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Welp, I think that's good for me today... I'm unable to do box jumps, so I broke the stepups into increments of 20 during my kids' nap time. It's amazing how many one can do if you're distracted by a movie!!

To be fair, I did try to do box jumps originally, because I had never done them before. I watched the video and everything. But my knees just wouldn't handle it. Even the slow up and down of a step up made them twinge badly enough that 10 in a row each leg was about max what I was able to accomplish in a set. I just spread them out over an hour and a half. Slow and steady, avoid the injury! Yay!

Speaking of knees, anyone know what I can do to stabilize/strengthen the inner part (the side of the knee that faces the other knee)? That's where I'm getting most of my ouch, and I don't feel that when I do my bulgarian split squats for some reason... maybe I'm not doing enough hips/thighs engagement and putting too much on the knee?

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 3

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31

Welp, I think that's good for me today... I'm unable to do box jumps, so I broke the stepups into increments of 20 during my kids' nap time. It's amazing how many one can do if you're distracted by a movie!!

To be fair, I did try to do box jumps originally, because I had never done them before. I watched the video and everything. But my knees just wouldn't handle it. Even the slow up and down of a step up made them twinge badly enough that 10 in a row each leg was about max what I was able to accomplish in a set. I just spread them out over an hour and a half. Slow and steady, avoid the injury! Yay!

Speaking of knees, anyone know what I can do to stabilize/strengthen the inner part (the side of the knee that faces the other knee)? That's where I'm getting most of my ouch, and I don't feel that when I do my bulgarian split squats for some reason... maybe I'm not doing enough hips/thighs engagement and putting too much on the knee?

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

You did exactly the right thing!  If your body says you can't, then you can't.

I just don't want people who CAN do the jumps opting for the easier exercise to blow up their scores.  That's not very sporting, now is it? ;)

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads

Um...I did more box jumps. The troll is down but you know what? I'm gonna add them anyways.

Also, I kind of love box jumps now. The new plyo box at work. .. AMAZING

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Some of you may want to consider higher boxes next time you attempt box jumps. Just sayin'. ;)

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

So whose jump was the fatal blow? :tongue:

Oh, how little you know me.......... no one's of course. :D

troll.gif

Good job, the troll is wounded, and he sure does look dizzy.... but just because he's disoriented now doesn't mean he'll stay that way, and the battle, I'm (not) sorry to say, is far from over.  Still, you've got the advantage........ for now.  Time to play dirty and kick him while he's down.

HOW TO PLAY:

We'll be kicking this troll's butt.... literally!  The next exercise in this battle is side kicks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSmsB4odo3M

Make sure that troll stays down!

One rep consists of kicking with a single leg.  If you do both sides (and I recommend it, to keep balanced!), that's two reps!  It will take at least 3,000 reps to keep this troll down, so start kicking!

As always, modifications are encouraged.  Kick at a height that's challenging for you.  If you need to hold something for balance, do so.

The clock is ticking..... this mini isn't over and it ends at SUNDAY 5PM EST... so get to it.

>>TROLL, YOU'RE GOING DOWN<<

Still need to sign up for a House? PM Hazard to be Sorted.

Normal Mini-Challenge Rules

- Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate. Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.

- If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

- Just use your same line from the box jump portion of the mini.... there's a new column for side kicks, so fill in your numbers there.

- Keep it simple!

- Don't hurt yourself!

Assassins, remember to be safe and have fun!

• Like 4

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads