Silo needs Car-car-cardio

Silo

Straight from the Land of Confusion (i.e., losing track of layoff weeks), I am showing up late.

tumblr_nov7iq7Mmn1uofchxo1_400.gif                                           tumblr_ne0jpvHCS21tk68zio1_250.gif

MAIN QUEST - Get lean and build muscle through recomposition

My overall goal is to continue to get leaner. I've lost over 50 pounds and now instead of eating in a deficit and trying to lose fat that way, I've committed to a long term recomp--from now until July 2016, when I'll be turning 40. I've been lifting weights but my cardio has been slacking off a lot and, for me, that is a bad thing. I find that cardio helps keep my appetite down some and also just keeps my mood up, which is really helpful since changes aren't quickly visible with recomping.

Goal 1 - Run 2+ miles twice weekly. - I was running 3-4 miles at a time last summer/fall but didn't run over the summer. I'll be working my way back up from 2 miles to that level. 

Goal 2 - Do 1 conditioning session per week. This can consist of a barbell complex or a conditioning workout taken from the Greyskull conditioning book that I have.

Goal 3 - Take at least 1 walk per week.

Goal 4 - Continue with 531 BBB program 4x/week.

Life goal - Log all purchases and checking account transactions in our register spreadsheet as soon as they are made or hit our account.

A note on scoring/grading - Not going to score. This is something that has hung me up on past challenges and I don't find any value in it for me so I'm going to skip it. One less thing to worry about.

Some cardio Phil Collins, for your time 

f5dc63ad102ceccda9330a62f90e8a33.gif

enhanced-buzz-9316-1361039678-3.jpg

tumblr_npana34kPg1ta3889o1_250.gif

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Best of luck! Those are some excellent goals for these 6 weeks.

I really like your life goal, I am trying to get better with purchases and money as well.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

My Character Sheet

"Maybe it's the journey. If that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, or any people I'd rather be with."

- Star Trek Voyager

"Time for some thrilling heroics."- Jayne from Firefly

STR 0.9 | STA 2| DEX 0.9 | CON 2 | WIS 0 | CHA 0.5

Best of luck! Those are some excellent goals for these 6 weeks.

I really like your life goal, I am trying to get better with purchases and money as well.  

giphy.gif

Thanks! I'm kind of excited about the life goal because my husband (who tends to be the spender to my saver personality) is completely on board with it. Makes it much easier.

MFP

Week in Review:

Goal 1 - Run 2+ miles twice weekly.

I did not get this one done. In all fairness, I didn't set this goal until late and then it has been raining raining raining ever since I set it. And when it isn't raining, it is horribly muggy. In place of running over the weekend, though, I did a good inclined walk on the treadmill in our basement. If the rain continues this week I will probably do more treadmill walking this week. I feel like that's a good substitute because my point in all of this is to get more cardio in, not specifically to get in more running.

Goal 2 - Do 1 conditioning session per week. This can consist of a barbell complex or a conditioning workout taken from the Greyskull conditioning book that I have.

First session was on Saturday. The conditioning session I picked was supposed to be 200 swings with a 25 pound dumbbell. I made it to 35 swings ha ha. I kind of suspected that I would have a slow start, especially since I tacked it onto the end of deadlift day. My goal for next week will be 100 swings. I used my dumbbell handle and plates this week and couldn't really find a comfortable grip. Next week I might use a 25# plate since I have one with a handle on it.

Goal 3 - Take at least 1 walk per week.

Done. Walked with my husband on Wednesday night during our daughter's dance class.

Goal 4 - Continue with 531 BBB program 4x/week.

Done.

Life goal - Log all purchases and checking account transactions in our register spreadsheet as soon as they are made or hit our account.

Done.

MFP

Wow great work last week!

It has been rainy and muggy here, I think it is bringing me down!

a-sad-cat-under-the-rain.gif

Good luck this week!  Keep it up, I know you will rock this 6 weeks!

My Character Sheet

"Maybe it's the journey. If that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be, or any people I'd rather be with."

- Star Trek Voyager

"Time for some thrilling heroics."- Jayne from Firefly

STR 0.9 | STA 2| DEX 0.9 | CON 2 | WIS 0 | CHA 0.5