I need help with a general fitness routine that is sustainable.

I am moderately fit, but am seeking a workout routine that tones, strengthens, and boosts my level of fitness. I'd like it to include cardio and strength (but I don't want to bulk up, just tone). I like long-distance running, but I don't want to do it everyday. I tried jump roping but it made me feel like I needed to throw up. So, I want a routine with variety. It shouldn't include a bunch of fancy equipment. And I'm a beginner, so I want things that provide a good workout, but that I can do. Also, good warm ups and cool downs. I'm looking  for something long term that I can keep up the whole summer.

I will really appreciate any help. Thanks!!  :nevreness:

Go to the blog section and click on the Beginner's body-weight workout on the nav bar on the right. It will give you exactly what you are looking for.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Don't worry about "bulking up", especially if you're not in a caloric surplus. I'm going to make an assumption based on your name that you are female. Not that there's anything wrong with looking bulky, but even nerd fitness hero Spezzy who deadlifts insane amount of weight after years of training has a build that most people would call "athletic". Lifting heavy or doing intense body weight work will build that lean muscle fiber that give people a "toned" look.

Steve has a bit of an article about this, actually

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2013/04/19/5-fitness-buzzwords/

Azotus

Human Assasin

My Assasin 6WC

"Ask not for lighter burdens, but for stronger shoulders"

Unless you are taking steroids and/or eating 10,000 calories a day, you won't bulk up.  Heavy lifting coupled with a good cardio program is going to shred weight.  You will get muscles, you won't get jacked.  I train my fiancé and she is 4' 11".  She trains heavy and is not bulky at all.  Just concentrate on what you want, not what you fear.

Remember, anything worth doing is worth overdoing. It's the American way.

LV 1 RANGER
STR 3/DEX 2/STA 2/CON 3/WIS 2/CHA 3

CrossFit LV 1 Coach, CrossFit LV 2 Coach
Certified CrossFit Olympic Lifting, CrossFit Strongman Certified
CrossFit Gymnastics Certified, CrossFit Kids Certified
 American Kettlebell Concepts Certified

Level 1 and Level 2 Ultimate Sandbag Coach

Certified Underground Strength Gym Coach

Mike Boyle Certified Functional Strength Coach

Tactical Strength and Conditioning Survivor/Coach