• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Attention all Vancouverites!

How many local rebels do we have? 

Let's go for a hike or 2 or 20. 

I live in Surrey but usually travel to TriCities, Valley, or North Shore for hiking. Open to any suggestions :)

I also love swimming and plan to swim lengthways across Buntzen Lake sometime in August. 

11390360_10152927371578231_2944910434241

• Like 1

I'm currently posted in Esquimalt until the end of July (may be extending into August, but we'll see, right?).

Do ya got a date in mind? I'm super stoked about hiking! I'll have to arrange for transportation and accommodations so. :x

I'm a bit slow though, and it's been ages since I last hiked (10 years. gg), so I'm a bit afraid of holding people back. D:

I'm currently posted in Esquimalt until the end of July (may be extending into August, but we'll see, right?).

Do ya got a date in mind? I'm super stoked about hiking! I'll have to arrange for transportation and accommodations so. :x

I'm a bit slow though, and it's been ages since I last hiked (10 years. gg), so I'm a bit afraid of holding people back. D:

Don't worry about holding me back! I like to take my time and enjoy the scenery, take some pictures, catch my breath. I'm not one of those crazy Grouse Grind people who might as well be on a treadmill. When I'm in nature, I enjoy it :) 

I go hiking every weekend, unless I have other things going on. 

These are the dates I *won't* be available. Anything else is fair game.

June 27/28, July 4/5, Aug 8/9. 

I may be planning a couple trips to Salt Spring Island, but unsure of dates right now, so let me know what works for a meetup! :)

I might look at the weekends after the 10th of July; my only problem is accommodations but I'll look into it.

Do you camp? 

We could hike somewhere near a campground. 

I'd offer my couch but not really sure how my bf would feel about it. Should probably ask first XD 

Do you camp? 

We could hike somewhere near a campground. 

I'd offer my couch but not really sure how my bf would feel about it. Should probably ask first XD 

Not with the equipment I have brought with me! D: I`m definitely not prepared to go camping; especially with the stuff I`ve brought with me from home. (I can`t even cheat with issued stuff either; I can`t do with what I don`t have!)

I`ll probably work it out like I would do with transportation to Vancouver. Maybe I can find good deals somewhere and you can just pick me up and drop me off once we`re done for the day.

Bookmarking just so I can hopefully join in on something when I am in Vancouver (currently in PG).

When will you be in town? 

I'll be on Salt Spring Island from July 24-26, but otherwise around all July. 

'Fraid I won't be joining for this one. I'll be flying back home on the 2nd. It was a solid try! Not only that, this weekend's trip to Seattle will be my last venture out of Victoria, so no go. :(

I just joined today! Happy to see that there are a few Vancouverites here on NF! :) I'm down for hiking! Did Garibaldi & Elfin Lakes this summer & wanna do more

• Like 1

YAY! I'm free on the long weekend, except for Sunday, because I'm going to Pride. 

Also free Aug 9, and the last two weekends of August.... Well, I might end up going away one weekend, but no plans yet.

I'll be going to Pride too that weekend & have things planned for most of the Saturdays but I'm free Aug 9th! :) I won't be around the last 2 weekends though. 

@Thrillho It's okay! It's still possible to go hiking in fall anyways, the summer heat can be a bit too much sometimes

I'll be going to Pride too that weekend & have things planned for most of the Saturdays but I'm free Aug 9th! :) I won't be around the last 2 weekends though. 

Noooo! I'll be in Seattle for a Boardgaming Convention that weekend. 

I've committed myself to a 10km+ hike this weekend for the Ranger mini-challenge. I haven't decided what hike I'll be doing yet, but if anyone wants to join in, that would be awesome! 

I'm busy on the 15th going to optometrist and Gem & Mineral Show in Kits, but free on the 16th. So far free on the 22nd and 23rd, and the 29th and 30th. 

I'm going to be in Vancouver from 28 November to 6 December to compete in the Commonwealth Powerlifting Championships. I'll be competing on 2 December but would love to meet up with Nerds if anyone's around that week. :)

• Like 1

Acclimatised? I assume you're not talking about temperature, since our climates are about the same. We've got lots of coastal mountains close by to snowshoe at, but if you stay off the mountains, it's very mild weather all year round. Vancouver is in a temperate rain forest, plus the Pacific Ocean modulates our temperatures a bit. We never get too hot or too cold on the coast (though LOTS of people complained about the record-breaking temperatures this summer). 

Not sure where in Scotland you live (Yes, I creeped you), but just checked Edinburgh and it's 4 degrees colder there right now than Vancouver :)

But anyways, yes, coffee or foods is a great idea! Coffee or foods is usually a good idea to do prior to wandering off into the forest with someone anyway! hehe

^^2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics were about the warmest, weren't they?

Probably! It was embarrassing how little snow we got. Whistler actually got some random September snow last week I think. That was totally weird. 

Apparently this fall and winter are supposed to be warm and dry, but who knows? Certainly not the meteorologists!