• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Okay, people have been scaring me with talk of the winter being pretty harsh so that's a relief.

Maybe the rest of Canada, but not the west coast. We don't dip much below 0 in the winter. No dogsleds here! :) 

Some of the hikes are closed or converted to snowshoe trails, but you can usually find somewhere else to hike with lower elevation and therefore no snow. I think it snowed one or two days last year. We can always keep an eye on the weather and decide closer to when you're going to be here. 

Will you be staying right in Vancouver? Is the Championship in Vancouver? Might be cool to watch, especially if there's a Rebel competing! 

I can cope down to about -10C but I think the Torontans were just winding me up!

I'll be staying in Vancouver itself the first two nights and then in the Marriott in Richmond for a week (as the championships are being held in the Richmond Olympic Oval and I need to stay in the competition hotel for the duration). 

I'm meant to be competing on 2 December and I think at least one Nerd might be coming up from Seattle to watch. I'd been hoping that Tankweazel might be competing too, but she's focusing on the World Open and then getting ready for next year.

It'll probably have to be after I've competed before I can say whether I'll be okay for a hike. I know it sounds silly but before I do I'll be on injury-prevention paranoia (I drop pretty much everything for a few days before competing) and after I may feel like I've been hit like a truck for a few days. If I'm not completely wiped, then a hike would be kinda awesome. :)

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I would love to hang out with some fellow healthy minded nerds in either the Vancouver or Fraser Valley area. I am all for workouts and/or video games/board games!

• Like 1

Yay! Vancouver people finally!!!

I'm down for hiking, swimming, board games/ other nerdy things, tennis/badminton/basketball in the park, beach games.. whatever!

I have a set of classic lawn darts (the "dangerous" ones) 

And like 100 board games :D 

I live in Surrey and can travel! 

• Like 1

YYEESSS I'm also bad at planning. Also, I leave for Mexico in 2 weeks! I'm busy this Sunday, but I may be free on the 24th. Just trying to figure out when I am going to the OWL Open House... But I'm sure I could fit in a hike and OWL on the same day :) 

Then I'll be leaving for Mexico. And I should be free on May 15th. 

I should be available on the 24th too. Let me know a time that works for you. Have fun in Mexico! Not sure about May 15tth I am not sure what my schedule is going to look like that far in the future. 

Hey people! I live in North Vancouver, and I work at the Mountain Equipment Co-Op on Brookesbank Ave, right across from Park and Tilford.

Lynn Peak is always my go to hike. The BCMC is always my alternative trail if the Grouse Grind is too packed. 

I normally have Fridays and Saturdays off. 

Hey people! I live in North Vancouver, and I work at the Mountain Equipment Co-Op on Brookesbank Ave, right across from Park and Tilford.

Lynn Peak is always my go to hike. The BCMC is always my alternative trail if the Grouse Grind is too packed. 

I normally have Fridays and Saturdays off. 

I haven't done Lynn Peak yet. I'd like to do that one. 

I'm free

June 25/26

July 1/2/3

July 9/10

July 30/31

Might be free this Sunday if the weather is bad. I have a trip planned to Splashdown because apparently this is its last year ever!! But my Splashdown trip will require nice weather. Right now the forecast says 22 and partly cloudy. Much better weather for a hike. 

Hi, I'm new here. Found out about NF when I was at comic con this year. I'm from Langley, but wouldn't mind travelling to Vancouver for some events. Not sure if this thread is still active, but thought I'd give a shout out and see.

• Like 1

There hasn't been much action in the way of actually meeting, unfortunately, but I am willing!

I live in Surrey, so pretty close to you. I doubt all of the "Vancouver" people actually live in the City of Vancouver :P 

I've been very very bad about going hiking the last.. year? ... but I'm planning to go every weekend going forward. Always looking for hiking buddies! 

Who wants to go for a hike this Sunday ?
I know it's raining but that's also a great time to go. Just have your waterproof jackets.

I haven't been on the board for a while, but I thought I would come back and see what's developed.

I live in North Vancouver, work at MEC, and I teach introductory Map and Compass for hikers and backpackers.