• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

SMASH BROS: PUSH!

Honestly, I could listen to that song forever.

Anyway! Your cores should be good and tired by now! As for me, I have the deeply humbling task of finding an adequate title for BlackTezca, who beat me by a factor of... let's see, carry the three... yup, a whole freaking lot.

So, while I do that, Teirin has decided to throw down with everyone else. I hope y'all are ready, 'cuz we're not letting up.

This week's theme is PUSH

Ah, yes. The humble push up. The ultimate expression of the gymless martial artist. Doesn't matter where you are or what style you pick up, push ups just show up every single time.

And why shouldn't they? Pound for pound they have a way greater neuromuscular response than the bench press, and they require no equipment, despite what the man up there demonstrates.

Now, I don't offer the video as something to limit you. I offer it to you instead as something that can inspire you to find and face challenges of your own. If you have a variation that you want to use, by all means do! If you can find a video of it to show us, even better!

One word of advice - if you decide to do plyometric variations, make sure that you keep your reps low to keep stress low on your joints. Don't worry, you can do lots and lots of sets to make up for it. :) As for me, I'll just be sticking to regular ol' push ups this time.

And.... go!

• Like 1

a1ac4de1c7a02afdbf4574b15951d5e32398be84

Sorry, I just finished the Hildebrand quest line in FFXIV and it was funny.

Much like last week's mini quest, we're giving one point per flex rep and 1 point per 5s of hold.  I will be your boss battle for this week and will be doing burpees (with pushup) for my flex exercise and handstands for the hold.

Please note that the spreadsheet tallies points!  Please divide your hold time by 5.  Spreadsheet is tab 2 of the same document as last week.

• Like 3

HELL YEAH I GETS A TITLE!!!!!!  MUAHAHAHAHA

tumblr_n1bj8q094z1rsv1vlo1_250.gif

I think I'll regular push ups this time too.  And yeah I doubt I'll do as many pushups as I did double crunches because hahaha ow.

For hold...uhh...errrm...high plank?  That good?

• Like 2

Man, I wasted last week on yardwork and ADD when I should have been coring... Teirin's going to be a lot harder to beat than Kishi.

Incline pushups and something.  Maybe a full extension plank, I don't think I'm really anywhere near wall handstand territory.

Man, I wasted last week on yardwork and ADD when I should have been coring... Teirin's going to be a lot harder to beat than Kishi.

Incline pushups and something.  Maybe a full extension plank, I don't think I'm really anywhere near wall handstand territory.

Only because Kishi does low reps of super difficult stuff :-D 

• Like 1

Maybe Week 3 should be Monks vs BlackTezca. Damn girl!

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

19d.gif

(Actually my shoulders are dead, please come at me with something else...)

• Like 3