I missed the 6-week challenge, but I've got my own 8-week challenge that I started last week.  And like the board says: "Nothing says accountability like letting the world read what you're doing."  So here goes nothing!

I plan on posting raves, rants (damn you, Taco Bueno), and just any general thoughts that may come to me while I go on this journey.  I'm always open to any words of encouragement from my fellow Rebels!    

Fitness Goal

Average Weight on 8/3: 168

Workout Plan

Heavy Weights, 4x per week

Fasted workout

Nutrition Plan

Intermittent Fasting (at night)

Life Goal

Save for Trip to DC

Average Weight on 6/9 (Start Date): 174

Now it's time to really be brave.  Here's a pic.  Hopefully after 8 weeks, we'll see some improvement.

post-34231-0-41945400-1434563875_thumb.j

Three Two Seven

Irving, TX

Battle Blog Entry 2

Avg Weight: 175

Nothing like being completely humbled the first week into a personal challenge. 

I made some very poor nutritional choices this week and they were reflected in my measurements this week.  Despite 4 (what I would consider) great workouts, I’m now living proof that 80% of this battle is what you put in your body. 

On a positive note, though, I guess it’s better to get a reminder of this lesson early in the process.

I’m going to refocus this week and I will.  Knowing that even one person might read this helps, so thanks to anyone that reads or follows this topic.  

post-34231-0-05969200-1435063006_thumb.j

Three Two Seven

Irving, TX

I'm going back to what I know works for me (because of how my brain works) and what helped me lose 20 pounds over a year and a half.  Instead of looking at average weight, I need a concrete weigh-in date to shoot for.  So using Tuesday morning as my official stats day (weight & body fat), here are my results.  I've set a goal to hit 172 this week.  I will hit it.

Week 1: 177

Week 2: 175

Week 3: 174

Week 4 Goal: 172 (if I don't make it, I have to do cardio instead of weights next week - that should be incentive enough to make this happen!)

Body fat isn't dropping yet, but I expected that go slower than weight.   And the calipers are still a little harder to use than I expected.  If anyone has any experience / tips with that, I'd love to hear them.  

Work outs are still good.  Food is still a challenge and with a 3-day weekend coming up, it will really be a challenge to stay on track next week, but I'm determined to make it happen.  

Three Two Seven

Irving, TX