Greenleaf - Getting back up

I am writing this mainly for me, so that I can read it whenever I feel the need. It is also a thank you. Thank you to the community of NF for all they gave me last time I was here. I've been away for a while and although I haven't completely fallen of the fitness wagon, I am currently being dragged along by it, clinging on with my finger tips. But when I started posting here the first time, I agreed to the rules of the rebellion, and I am reminded of rule number 2 – when you join, you are in for life...

I wont start listing the reasons I have been away and taken my foot of the pedal, as when I mentally list them they just sound like a bunch of excuses.

I may have stumbled slightly on my journey, I may have even been knocked down, but this is me getting back up for another round, because the game is not over, and I am stronger than my metaphorical enemies.

I am committed to improving every facet of my life, my body, my mind and my soul. It may sound a little deep but that's what I need right now, I need to realise just how much potential lay before me, and how important it is that I grasp the opportunities in my life with both hands and not let go.

Once more into the breach dear friends

For the rebellion!

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

It matters not why your foot came off the pedal. Just put the foot back on the pedal. We are here, we believe in you.

Thanks Tanktimus, I am glad to be back. On another note I see you posting a fair bit in this section - and while I'm sure its been said before - you are doing everyone here a great service and are more than worthy of the title "Encourager".

In addition to my myriad of excuses for why I fell off the wagon there is one which I wanted to list here for future reference. Three letters - WoW. When I first joined NF last year lots of positive things were happening in my life. I was motivated, positive, and making good things happen. I had also "coincidentally" just cancelled my Warcraft subscription. Towards the end of last year I fell off the fitness wagon, negativity started to creep in and I lost my motivation. Coincidentally this was not long after I re-subcribed to WoW.

Now I'm not saying that one game is the cause of all my motivational issues, but I also cannot ignore that correlation.

So today I cancelled my sub again, and this time I'm going to take some steps so that I don't go back. It was fun while it lasted, but I was having more fun in my life without it, and I was alot happier and motivated too, so sayonara Blizz - I'm off to level up my life rather than my Warlock...

• Like 2

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Thanks for the kind words. That's great that you were able to cut off WoW again. Have you looked into the NF Academy? It's a more directed form of all the good advice on the forums and the blog, and has XP and levels based on things you do in real life. There's a one time start-up fee, but I think you may find it worth it.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm off to level up my life rather than my Warlock...

I love this! 

They say that realising you have a problem is the first step. Credit to you for knowing where your main problems lie and tackling them head on. You are going to rock this. 

• Like 1

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

**Greenleaf plays the Necromancer card on Respawn thread**

So my triumphant return last time wasn't quite so triumphant, and I did what I often do when things get too hard and disappeared with Ninja stealth into the mists (much less cooler than it sounds).

Things have only got tougher but I now realise that working on myself is the key to turning things around, and shouldnt be the first thing that drops off the table.

So I'm back for round three. I was knocked down, but not knocked out.

I'm going back to basics, and back to the beginning, I'm posting a challenge with the Rebels in order to build myself from the ground up.

See you there...

- Master Oogway