Silverbolt's battle for Strength and Honour

So, me.

I'm 35, 5'11, and 3 years ago I realised that my sedentary life had helped me become the fat guy that my 18 year old self never wanted to become.

I cleaned up my diet a bit, and started cycling to work, which got me down from 90kg to 82kg, but then I got knocked off my bike one morning, and didn't fancy it again, so looked for something else. Decided I'd start lifting weights and get more muscular.

Started Stronglifts just after Christmas 2012, and was going well until work went mad 2-3 months later and I stopped going to the gym. Picked it up again in the summer, and across assorted programs I've been going since then.

I've entered a handful of local powerlifting meets, with best lifts of 190kg squat, 90kg bench press, 200kg deadlift, all raw, at around 95kg body weight.

I've recently resumed 531, after a break that included a medical lay-off (nothing major). Looking to keep it going through the summer until my holiday in late october.

I'm a father of 2, cricket fan, read novels and comic books, play games of all sorts, and enjoy tv & movies, along with the occasional music.

Level 0 Warrior

Amateur Powerlifter, Cricket nerd, Geek.

Battle log

Current 6 week challenge

Hey!

Welcome to NF. :)

Always good to have more British powerlifters around. Other UK powerlifters around here include me, tankweazel, Alanna (albeit temporarily, as she's off back to the USA) and QoB (and almost certainly a few others).

Thanks! I'll check out the other PLs too.

I spotted that you're working towards coaching qualifications, it's something that I've started considering more & more seriously myself in the past 6 months as an alternative to my totally unsatisfying desk job

Level 0 Warrior

Battle log

Current 6 week challenge

I'm planning to train people largely in my spare time to begin with. I rather enjoy my job but could probably squeeze it to 4 days a week if I had demand for my services as a trainer. :)

That's probably the route I'd have to take as well, barring a massive shift in my financial situation. My job seems to be a constant source of stress and frustration really, hence the desire to shift.

Level 0 Warrior

Battle log

Current 6 week challenge

Session Log

Tuesday 23rd June 2015

Bench

5x55kg

3x62.5kg

5x70kg

1x80kg (Paused)

3x5x55kg (Paused)

Press

10/10/10/10/8/5x25kg

Fasted again. Food or not really doesn't seem to make much difference to me. Given I don't tend to snack between meals (and this particular session was first thing in the morning), I wonder what that says about my metabolism. Or maybe it's just showing what I know, that these weights are sufficiently below my maxes that as my conditioning catches up, I'm able to knock them out without much difficulty.

Level 0 Warrior

Battle log

Current 6 week challenge