Question about lack of DOMS

Hello,

I'm new to NF and loving it!! I've been following the alternate days bodyweight circuit/HIIT plan.

I have a strength training question for anyone in the know about training.  I've been doing the beginner's bodyweight circuit, and definitely find it challenging, and can feel my muscles working.  I am noticing that I feel more up for physical tasks already - so I assume that it's helping.

That said, I haven't been experiencing much soreness!!!  I had maybe one day of soreness, and I stretched and it was better the next day.  Now, despite continuing the exercises and upping my #s each time, I haven't experienced soreness.

Am I still experiencing strength gains if I'm not sore?

Thank you!

Welcome aboard!  Yes, you can get stronger without being overly sore.  Your workout should leave you nicely 'fatigued'.  ie, you wouldn't want to start over again right away.

DOMS/soreness depends on so many factors including nutrition, genetics, previous activity levels, rest, etc.   "The burn" is largely a marketing phrase used by trainers to justify their behaviour and the money you give them.

Just keep increasing the numbers.

• Like 4

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker