Hey guys!

So, in a really disappointing turn of events the gym I lifted at closed and I am now gymless. I have had some really great strength gains and nutrition guidance the past few months and I really don't want to lose any of it!

I was curious if anyone was doing or knew of any great 3-Day split weight lifting programs that they've seen great results with! This is something I will have to do at my home gym. I have a barbell, squat rack, dumbbells, and a bowflex (basic model).

I'm sitting at about 25%BF right now and looking to lose about 4% more.

Any program recommendations would be great! I love reading and researching new programs but it can be tricky to choose something that isn't a gimmick. I'm straight forward with my lifting and ready to continue.

Thanks guys :)!!!

When you say a 3 day split do you mean something like push/pull/legs or a 3 day full body program?

Strong Curves is a good program that is 3 days full body with a recommended 4th day of just lower/glutes. You can get the book (I recommend hard copy over ebook) but if you just want to see the program itself, google "strong curves pdf" because the author has it posted on his website.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

When you say a 3 day split do you mean something like push/pull/legs or a 3 day full body program?

Strong Curves is a good program that is 3 days full body with a recommended 4th day of just lower/glutes. You can get the book (I recommend hard copy over ebook) but if you just want to see the program itself, google "strong curves pdf" because the author has it posted on his website.

I am open to either actually - but I do like training full body, I get more satisfaction out of the over-all burn! I'm definitely going to look into that today.

Have you been doing it? What kind of results have you seen? :) I think I remember you talking about starting it!!

If you're new to strength training and you're not completely confident or convinced that going with weights is the thing, I would highly recommend reading The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler. I would say this with confidence because it's what gotten me into strength training and I've then moved on to StrongLifts/Starting Strength when I wanted to get stronger.

It follows a 6 phase program with about two month phase (maybe longer), but the first two phases works on you getting used to the weights first. It has some accessory lifting (like ab ball crunches and step ups), but I found it helpful to help me get into proper form for certain exercises, especially squats. You might even move onto the 3rd or 4th phase if you're more advanced. I may even advise that after following that for a few months you might want to look into doing StrongLifts/Starting Strength, but that depends on your own goals. The program I've been following there before I switched was a 3-day full body workout thing, and it was very simple of me to follow.

It does also has a good read about nutrition and why you should move heavy as opposed to doing lifting for endurance. It has complimented my research on the subject and I've come to the conclusion that yes, lifting weights is something I can keep doing to get to the next level.

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa