BeaVer's fat-losing journey

I promised food pictures, here they are :)

Not having to work means I get up very late and have breakfast at around 11 and lunch at 2-3 pm…

Also there's a lot of food I can grab so making unhealthy choices are so easy.

So I had:

A very late breakfast: greek yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries and muesli

A later lunch: 2 crackers with egg salad. I mixed some tomato and green onion with the egg

"Snack": I had a coffee, which means I take 1part coffee, 1 part milk, add some dark chocolate and cinnamon

Dinner: chili con carne and a few tortilla "chips"

I should drink more water, i only had 4, maybe 5 glasses.

21072015_zpslij8bqe1.jpg

• Like 1

My battle log:  BeaVer's fat-losing journey

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

Lose 12kilo - 26lbs (1% = 120grams, 1kilo = 8,3%)

21%
21%

You can see that i'm on hiliday now… 

Too much carbs, too much fat, although its not a gigantic amount above what "I'm allowed", but I need to up my protein intake so I don't fall back on carbs. Also the too much on carbs is totally that Gin tonic I had… 

I should also get up a bit earlier… I had breakfast at lunchtime!! Not good missy!

On a more positive note, i've lost a pound! yaaay!

Exercise-wise, I walked to the store to go grocery shopping, which is better than sitting on my lazy ass in the car :) It's only 1.5km, so 3km in total.

So, lets get to the core of this post… the food:

Breakfast at lunchtime: Greek yoghurt, blueberries, raspberries, flaxseed and chiaseed

In between breakfast and dinner: A chocolate-milk cinnamon coffee and some plain cereal

Dinner: A salad with some tomato, cucumber, green onions, apple, italian ham and goat cheese

Drinks:

I had a sugarfree glass of soda when I got home after grocery shopping (I needed something cool and it was the only thing that was cold enough to drink)

I had a Gin Tonic before dinner

And again, not enough water, only 4-5 glasses

22072015_zps5sx44e16.jpg

So what needs to be changed:

- More proteins

- Less carbs

- Less fat

- More water

- Get out of bed earlier!!!!!!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

*waves her "i'm on holiday"- card* :P

making excuses to have a little splurge 

Yesterdays goals:

- More proteins -> Check

- Less carbs -> I had more calories in total and as much carbs as the previous day, so thats kind of ok, no? NO!

- Less fat -> I kind of want to say check, but I did have more fat… BUT… Its only because the goat cheese and the salmon i had are naturally pretty fatty. I only had the fats that are naturally in the food, so no extra added oil or butter. Which is still a good thing. I give this a 50/50

- More water -> Meh I had water, but I also had this sugarfree fruitdrink, which is 1.5 kcal per glass

- Get out of bed earlier!!!!!! -> I got up at 9, so no breakfast at lunch and all that :P Check

Yesterday I made zucchini noodles, which I absolutely love!

I got this little zucchini from my bf's father and well… there's still more than half left to cook with :D

look at this little beauty!!

23072015_bis_zpssk7a4tn9.jpg

His dad grows his own vegetables and it's amazing how big these zucchinis always are :D It can feed a whole family!!

So Yesterday I did eat healthy, but I had 2 glasses of gin tonic *still waving my holiday-card*

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, blueberries and muesli

Lunch: I put some leftover chili on a tortilla wrap, put some goat cheese on it and baked it in the oven

Snack: Some leftover prosciutto slices with my gin tonic

Dinner: Zucchini noodles, spinach, salmon and some tomato cubes for the color (I love colorful dishes and it makes it so much more appetizing) 

After dinner: another gin tonic

23072015_zpsgjvia9hs.jpg

Since I'm at it, I'm already going to give today's update.

I got up late again and I had leftover dinner for breakfast/lunch.

I don't mind getting up late today, because I have to work tonight, doing some waitressing and it'll probably get late and I need my energy for tonight :)

For dinner I'm going to have spaghetti with very delicious home made sauce, stuffed with a lot of vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, onion, bell pepper)

And to end this very long post with some good news! I stood on the scales again today and somehow i'm another 1.3 pounds lighter!

Yaaaay! Gin tonics all around!!!! … just kidding :P

I'm very happy with this progress, but I'm just hoping it will stay off :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Today I was standing on the scales again (like every day) and I was again 200 grams lighter…

So while I was taking a shower, I started thinking…

(Thinking in the shower is very therapeutical for me)

Why am I suddenly losing weight? what did I do that makes me lose weight al of a sudden?

I have been stuck on the same weight for months and it was really frustrating that my weight wasn't going down and I made so many changes about what I could eat and what not. I also changed my drinking ways a lot. And nothing changed and every day I was standing on the scales I was getting more and more frustrated that my weight was around that same number!

It came that far that I wasn't caring anymore and I ignored it, because I did feel very comfortable about my diet because I still get to eat the things I love and enjoy food and I felt like that was more important than losing weight -> feeling good and feeling comfortable about myself and what I eat.

But it seems like the game's changed. I'm suddenly 2,5 kilo's (5,5 pounds) lighter (I lost it in a few weeks time, 1,5 kilo last week ) and now that I'm on holiday and I will be for another week, I made a list of what I've done different from other days:

- I have been sleeping a lot more

- I'm not "stressing" about food or thinking about it, which basically means:

• No calorie counting

• Not thinking if I should eat or not or if I had enough calories for the day or not. 

• I'm not on a "schedule" like when I have to work, I eat when i feel like it and I'm not forcing myself to eat a snack, because I have to

• I have been eating less meals

• I don't feel that guilty about drinking a few glasses of alcohol on a regular base.

The reason why I was calorie counting was because I could control what I eat and make sure I don't eat too much or not enough. But I feel like the calorie counting was taking over and made me too stressful about food and "having" or "not having" to eat. 

Also that "schedule" I was on, made me think of food to much and it made me hungry even though I feltl like I wasn't really hungry.

So I'm thinking about changing a few things when my holiday is over.

Because if it will make me lose more weight, I'm in!!!

The main changes I want to make:

1. Sleep more! -> On a regular base I only sleep 6-7 hours a night and I want to change that to 8 hours a night.

2. No more calorie counting! -> I think I know now what I can and can't eat and what portion sizes are.

3. Skip a meal if I don't feel like eating -> For example snack between breakfast and lunch?

If anyone has any thoughts about this or more input, I'll be glad to read it.

Oh and I'm making a Belgian stew ("stoverij" or "stoofvlees") tonight and we're going to eat this with fries :P food picture of that will be in my next post! It's not really a light and low-calorie meal but cheat-days have to exist :)

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Hi all!

Today I was again a bit focused on my food-intake. I tried not to count my cals but I still did… I just wanted to "check" if it was all ok and I wasn't eating too much…

I just think it is very easy to think about food and then wanting to know for sure you're eating the right thing?

Well today was a good food day, I could've eaten a bit more calorie-wise, but I wasn't that hungry, so I didn't force myself

Breakfast: greek yoghurt, blueberries, flaxseed and chiaseed

Lunch: some plain cereal

Snack: Italian ham and some mozzarella cheese and a few pieces of other cheese

Dinner: One of my favorite vegetable combo's -> paksoi, bean sprouts, mushrooms with some soy sauce, brown rice and lean pork

I also had a piece of chocolate and i might have an other one tonight :P

27072015_zpsykj6jlry.jpg

the right side of the picture is yesterday's dinner. super delicious Belgian stew! Its basically just beef and onions you stew in a lot of Belgian dark beer and it's really yummm! I had two plates of this. It's a real treat for me and I don't eat fries on a regular base. Like once every few months. I also don't eat vegetables with this, because I believe that's not how you should :P Belgians eat this with Belgian endives covered in mayonaise, but I don't like it. I just dip the fries in the sauce :)

Tomorrow i'm getting my hair dyed again and I'm thinking of transitioning from a sombre red to a real ombre with a lot more contrast. Maybe I'll post a picture of the end result ;) (not making any promises)

• Like 2

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Today I was standing on the scales again (like every day) and I was again 200 grams lighter…

So while I was taking a shower, I started thinking…

(Thinking in the shower is very therapeutical for me)

Why am I suddenly losing weight? what did I do that makes me lose weight al of a sudden?

I have been stuck on the same weight for months and it was really frustrating that my weight wasn't going down and I made so many changes about what I could eat and what not. I also changed my drinking ways a lot. And nothing changed and every day I was standing on the scales I was getting more and more frustrated that my weight was around that same number!

It came that far that I wasn't caring anymore and I ignored it, because I did feel very comfortable about my diet because I still get to eat the things I love and enjoy food and I felt like that was more important than losing weight -> feeling good and feeling comfortable about myself and what I eat.

It could be that you've just shaken your metabolism up!  Your body got used to the patterns and now that you're on vacation, you're seeing progress :) Steve wrote a blog about it and I could find a link for it if you're interested.

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

@Aminarra: sure, link me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've not been posting lately, just been enjoying the rest of my holiday.

I didn't want to make any excuses for all the icecream, pizza, alcohol,… I had because I have no regrets :P

635572355320181723-1690830193_7tt5PLw.gi

Today I have to work again and it's also a fresh start this month:

- 3 days a week I'll be going to the gym, starting tonight

- no more calorie counting

- only alcohol and other treats in the weekend

- getting more sleep

- lots of healthy food again (means lots of pictures coming up)!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Today was my first day at the gym and it went good!

I did a lot :P I didn't really keep a list of what I did, but there were squats and bench presses and a lot of other stuff :D

Food-wise was good also, not tracking anymore, but I feel like I didn't overeat and that I ate enough on an exercise-day.

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, raspberries, muesli

Lunch: Leftover paella from sunday (my Dad made a huge pan of it and I got to take some leftovers home)

Snack: A nectarine

Snack before training: 2 left-over crêpes with red berry jam

Dinner after training: bacon, eggs (2 whole + 2 whites), mushrooms, green onions, tomato

• Like 2

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

I'm soar :P so stiff from working out yesterday.

My shoulders were really stiff when I was sitting at my desk at work. Lowering my chair a few inches suddenly helped and it seems like i've been sitting very bad at my desk.

No wonder my neck and shoulders always hurt…

i also received my package with sport shorts, top and bra and putting on that bra and that top is a workout in itself :P damn those things are hard to put on :D But at least i have a lot of support now!

Food-wise was good again. Its the only positive thing about having to work. I eat a lot better and I'm more motivated to not eat any junk

Breakfast: berry oatmeal smoothie

Lunch: the last bit of leftover paella

Snack: a nectarine

Dinner: zucchini noodles, spinach and salmon

Tomorrow is another training day again.

Boyfriend says we're going to take it easy so I don't overdo it from the start. I'm absolutely fine with that :D

I promise food pics will be back tomorrow!

• Like 2

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Today was gym day again and I did good again :D

I did a proper warming up today to loosen my muscles because they were even more stiff than yesterday and after that all went good.

I also love my new sport top. I feel a lot more confident when I wear something I love and fits well!

I finally measured my body yesterday and I made before pictures. I just hate how my sport bra pushes all the fat down and gives me big back rolls… eugh! yukk!! NO NO NO NO I DON'T WANT THESE!!!

It might still be a little bit too tight around my body so all that are extra motivators to get rid of all that fat I don't need.

Now let's get to the food part of this post!

Pictures as promised!

05082015_zpsfnughjba.jpg

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with berries and muesli

Lunch: Leftover zucchini noodles and spinach with some tomato cubes and italian ham

Snack: Watermelon

Snack before workout: 2 thin rice crackers with PB & J

Dinner: Filled bellpeppers. The filling is quinoa, sausage meat, onion, broccoli, white cabbage, and egg for extra filling and to bind everything together. Bf had it without cheese, I put some goat cheese on mine for a little extra protein.

Tomorrow I'm having a rest day, no workout. But there will be healthy eating of course :D

• Like 1

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

hello all :D

I slept amazingly well last night, almost so well I almost overslept :tongue: Its been a while I felt so well rested when I woke up, so getting to bed earlier was a very good decision. Especially in combination with working out.

oh yeah… I kind of "forgot" to mention that I gained 1,5 kilo (3,3lbs) again after the last 5 days of my vacation. So this morning when I stept on the scales, I was down 1 kilo (2,2lbs) again! yay for me!!!

No exercise, just food today:

06082015_zpsfheb4n82.jpg

Breakfast: Wrap with avocado & egg

Snack: some radishes

Lunch: another stuffed bell pepper 

Snack: Gooseberries

Dinner: Broccoli, mushrooms & onions in gravy and a 'slavink'

Tomorrow is exercise day again. I hope I'm not too soar tomorrow. Today the DOMS are kind of ok, not as bad as yesterday, so I hope tomorrow wont be worse :)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Hallo, hello, hi, guten tag, hola, bonjour,…

Absolutely no soreness today on another training day! yaaay!

It went very good at the gym, things are getting easier :)

And I love how my posture is improving now that I make sure I straighten my back. 

I've only used the bar for squats and benchpresses and so, and monday I will add some extra weight.

Oh yeah, from now on bent over barbell rows are called the bent over t-rex move… Why? well I was doing it wrong and my bf told me I had to move my arms like a t-rex :P So you can all understand why I made a more obvious name for that exercise ;)

time for food now:

07082015_zpsqzqqj2bd.jpg

Breakfast: yoghurt, berries, flaxseed and chiaseed

Lunch: salsa made of tomato, bellpepper, cucumber, green onions and avocado and a I chucked a can of crab in it.

Snack before training: 4 cantaloupe wedges with italian ham wrapped around each piece

After training: A shake made with greek yoghurt, milk and cocoa powder. It tasted absolutely nasty so I tried adding some sweetener… didn't improve a thing, but I tried drinking it anyway. After a few sips I chucked it back in the blender and added some raspberries and then it was finally drinkable :D

Dinner: wrap with veggies and marinated beef strips.

Tomorrow is a bit of a cheat day, since I'm going out for dinner, but that's what weekends are for, no? Its going to be a bit of a challenge to pick a more healthier option and perhaps no dessert afterwards.

We'll see how things will go.

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

I should've eaten less unhealthy this weekend… stupid me… 

I also didn't feel comfortable about my food intake yesterday, so I started logging it just now, just to check… and it seems like I'm worrying about nothing… pffff…

I've been dreaming a lot lately, just random dreams… every single day… and I wake up and I keep remembering what I've dreamt and it's so tiring. I do go to bed earlier so that I'm well rested, but all that dreaming doesn't really make me feel well rested :(

It's 10:15, been up since 7:30, I've slept 8hours and I feel tired, like… I could lay down right now and sleep for a few more hours.

Went to the gym yesterday and I added weight to my squats this time.

I did 1 set of 5 with just the bar and then 5 more sets with 5kg added. That went quite good and next week I'll definitely try to add 5 more kg. We also did a bunch of other exercises and 1 for the lower back and I think I forced myself too much. Had lower back pain the rest of the evening and its still not over today… And its not the good pain, no DOMS, but the bad pain! So I hope those will be gone by tomorrow.

I do like going to the gym and I love it that I have my bf who loves working out and is there to support me, but there 2 things that really bother me…

- I feel like I'm the fat kid of the bunch… And I know I'm not fat, just slightly overweight, but still… everyone there is so "fit", especially the girls. And I don't want to be as skinny as most of them, just want to lose some fat and have a body I feel comfortable with. And I know my body won't change after a week and that I'll have to be patient, but still… It's like I don't belong there and people do look at me and I want to know what they are thinking… pffff… why can't I just make people invisible??

- There are a lot of people there that take stuff… I can just see it and whatever, it's their body and they should decide for themselves if they want to ruin themselves or not, but yesterday there was this guy and he was talking so loudly about his steroid-use and it kind of frustrated me. Like since when is it acceptable to talk openly about taking stinking drugs??! Just shut the f*ck up and don't brag about it. 

It's 10:45 now, going to press 'post', I still feel tired and that's why I've been so negative and frustrated.

I just needed to get this off my chest and next post will be food!

• Like 1

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

- I feel like I'm the fat kid of the bunch… And I know I'm not fat, just slightly overweight, but still… everyone there is so "fit", especially the girls. And I don't want to be as skinny as most of them, just want to lose some fat and have a body I feel comfortable with. And I know my body won't change after a week and that I'll have to be patient, but still… It's like I don't belong there and people do look at me and I want to know what they are thinking… pffff… why can't I just make people invisible??

Hey hey hey! This is not how we think! You are going there for you.  Think of it as you're the one out of the bunch who is putting themselves out there and doing what needs to be done!  Who cares what other people think.  you're not happy with where you're at so you're doing something about it! Do you know how many people don't? :D - Stay confident, you got this!  Learn to Love your Inner Shmexy Beast!  And one day you'll be able to say "I came - I conquered - I am Great".  Wait.... You CAN ALREADY SAY THAT! :D   Look forward to your next post, keep up the great work and go go go!

• Like 3

Matsurika

~Live Life to Love it - Don't Love to Hate it

Current: 203lbs  - Goal 155lbs - Original 205lbs

1%
; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">1%

2015 Biking Goal - Current 523 kms  - Goal 1000 kms 

52%
; background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear, 0 0, 100% 100%, color-stop(.25, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.25, transparent), color-stop(.5, transparent), color-stop(.5, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2)), color-stop(.75, transparent), to(transparent) ); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -moz-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -ms-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); background-image: -o-linear-gradient( -45deg, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 25%, transparent 25%, transparent 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 50%, rgba(0, 0, 0, .2) 75%, transparent 75%, transparent ); -webkit-background-size: 23px 23px; -moz-background-size: 23px 23px; background-size: 23px 23px; border-radius: 4px;">52%

I feel a lot better already,

being home and bf-hugs are the best therapy :)

So I have a double food post, since I'm combining yesterday and today.

11082015_zpsoo4x8way.jpg

Yesterday:

Breakfast: half a 'cavaillon' melon

Snack: Chocolate covered rice biscuits

Lunch: veggies, avocado, surimi crab

Snack: a yellow nectarine

Snack before training: 2 rice biscuits with bp & j

Snack after: a piece of cheese

Dinner: rice with veggies and chicken 

Today:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with berries and granola

Lunch: leftover dinner from yesterday

Snack: a yellow nectarine

Dinner: a hamburger, green beans, mushrooms

After dinner: 2 small biscuits with a cup of tea

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Foodporn time!!

13082015_zpsdthhyrj4.jpg

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, blackberries, muesli

Lunch: A wrap with veggies and a cut up hamburger patty.

Snack: some gooseberries and redcurrants

Snack before workout: 2 rice biscuits with pb&j

Snack after workout: A piece of cheese

Dinner: Chili con carne with some oven baked tortillas

Today:

Breakfast: Greek yoghurt, red berries, baked granola

Snack: 2 chocolate covered rice crackers

Lunch: Caprese salad with some italian ham

Snack: 2 chocolate covered rice crackers

Snack: 4 of these (they are really tiny, like together, they are smaller than a chocolate chip cookie)

Dinner: a piece of cod, northsea shrimp, leeks and dill sauce 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Do a 1min plank

66%
66%

21%
21%

Snack: Gooseberries

???????

I should've eaten less unhealthy this weekend… stupid me… 

I also didn't feel comfortable about my food intake yesterday, so I started logging it just now, just to check… and it seems like I'm worrying about nothing… pffff…

- There are a lot of people there that take stuff… I can just see it and whatever, it's their body and they should decide for themselves if they want to ruin themselves or not, but yesterday there was this guy and he was talking so loudly about his steroid-use and it kind of frustrated me. Like since when is it acceptable to talk openly about taking stinking drugs??! Just shut the f*ck up and don't brag about it. 

It's 10:45 now, going to press 'post', I still feel tired and that's why I've been so negative and frustrated.

I just needed to get this off my chest and next post will be food!

You're obvi not stupid, based on your own tracking, so lighten up :) Based on your updates and BF hugs you're already feeling better, but try to keep that positive mindset :) 

You belong at the gym. And there's no saying you have to wait until you lose weight before you're happy/confident.  Just believe in yourself, find things you love about yourself, and rock out.  You've got great things to contribute and shouldn't diminish them because of a few fluffy pounds.

Ugh. :eyeroll: Thank goodness for headphones when braggarts are around.

That salad looks amazing, btw. I need to put more pepperoni on my spinach :P 

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4