After a really long absence I have returned!  Work and hockey coaching things got busy (in great ways) and I wandered away from the awesomeness that is Nerd Fitness.  While I wandered I began to notice that I missed the friendship, accountability and tremendous google-fu that only NF Rebels can provide.  So I started this battle log to serve as a place to share what I’m up to and stay in touch with the Rebellion.

I created a 4 week challenge for myself in the style of a 6 week challenge crafted around the things I need to work on.  There are about 800 things I want to cram into my weekly schedule, but I want to keep things realistic so I picked 3 things I want to do more of.  Workout, Write, W-clean my house (damn, I really wanted three things that started with W…) 

Witcher Wild Hunt came out in May and experts (me) agree it is the greatest open world RPG ever created by mankind (I like it a whole bunch), and a perfect theme for my battle log.  You play as a monster hunter for hire who plies his trade with swords, spells and super human senses.  Lucky for me I have all those things....    

Weekly Goals:

• Workout 2 days per week- strong, fit Witchers live longer.
  • Write at least 1 hour per week- Witchers can have hobbies too.
  • Witcher cleaning contracts- 2 per week- I swear monsters live in my house, constantly creating clutter and dirty dishes. Jerks.  

End of Challenge Goals:

15 regular pushups in a row (right now I’m doing them from my lady knees)

10 pages of writing completed 

A clean house

Rewards:

Warm fuzzies.  When I work out I feel good.  When I keep up with my cleaning duties I feel good.  When I spend time writing I feel good.  I often get the feeling that life is going way too fast and I don’t have time to do everything I want.  The best way to combat that feeling is by identifying priorities and spending my time and energy where it matters most. (Sorry Netflix) 

Time to sharpen some skills, slay some monsters, and craft my legend as the greatest me there has ever been.

*Jennifer Stark equips her silver sword and gets to work*

tumblr_n6x1t1WSlR1rbispdo1_400.gif

• Like 1

Sorted Hufflepuff, Self Proclaimed Stark, Lover of LEGOS

Love the stuff you love, and pursue your passions without fear or regret.

Weekly Battle Log Here: Silver Sword

Jenn's back!!!

No matter how hard she's hit, you can't keep her down.
ImaginaryZestyJumpingbean.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Jenn's back!!!

No matter how hard she's hit, you can't keep her down.

ImaginaryZestyJumpingbean.gif

YESSS !!  This is terrific thanks man!

Well so far so good. I did some work out things on Saturday and today which felt great.  Just squats, pushups, planks and dumbell rows. Super simple.  Monday I had off work so I spent the day cleaning. Is that cheating? Either way it feels pretty awesome to see the counter tops around my sink again :)   I haven't gotten my hour of writing in yet but the almighty google calendar has that scheduled for Saturday. I'm keeping the expectations super low this time to try to gain some momentum.  

Simple is alright.  
Happy Fri-yay!
cOiSwFi.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

First week went pretty well. I'd say i got 1.5 work outs in and did a bunch of cleaning.  I never got around to the writing though.  I have been scheduling that on Saturdays and have not been getting to it.  This week I got work out in on Monday and Wednesday. Blam!  I have off today for 4th of July, so I got up early and went for a trail trot.  (what the hell is a trail trot?)  I'm not a fan of running but after seeing some rebel's pictures of the nature trails they run on I felt inspired.  Last weekend we took the dog to our local park to do some recon.  It's a really big park with a bunch of hiking/biking/walking trails through a forest that surrounds a reservoir.  I went back this morning and did the lightest of light jogs around a 2 mile loop section of trail.  Uphill, down hill, over rocks, under logs, it was really cool. I jogged most of it by walked a fair bit too. Some sections were super muddy or rocky so I walked to avoid breaking an ankle or a face full of mud.  I'm not training for time or endurance, it wasn't really about cardio either.  I just wanted to move my body through the woods. Mission accomplished!  It was a beautiful bright sunny morning. It felt good to get outside and run around. So that's three workouts for the week.  I just finished some cleaning and I'm off to tackle some writing before my lady love gets home.

1428677532-witcher-gif.gif

First week went pretty well. I'd say i got 1.5 work outs in and did a bunch of cleaning.  I never got around to the writing though.  I have been scheduling that on Saturdays and have not been getting to it.  This week I got work out in on Monday and Wednesday. Blam!  I have off today for 4th of July, so I got up early and went for a trail trot.  (what the hell is a trail trot?)  I'm not a fan of running but after seeing some rebel's pictures of the nature trails they run on I felt inspired.  Last weekend we took the dog to our local park to do some recon.  It's a really big park with a bunch of hiking/biking/walking trails through a forest that surrounds a reservoir.  I went back this morning and did the lightest of light jogs around a 2 mile loop section of trail.  Uphill, down hill, over rocks, under logs, it was really cool. I jogged most of it by walked a fair bit too. Some sections were super muddy or rocky so I walked to avoid breaking an ankle or a face full of mud.  I'm not training for time or endurance, it wasn't really about cardio either.  I just wanted to move my body through the woods. Mission accomplished!  It was a beautiful bright sunny morning. It felt good to get outside and run around. So that's three workouts for the week.  I just finished some cleaning and I'm off to tackle some writing before my lady love gets home.

1428677532-witcher-gif.gif

Forest running is always fun.  Well done, Jenn.  

forest-1_zps9e5nuyhp.gif

Hope you and Bats had a good weekend.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

This must be a bad week for sleep.  I tend to scrunch my legs when I sleep which makes my back pretty mad by the time I wake up. I opted for some yoga this morning instead of my planned workout.  It was a good choice.  Afterwards I felt much better. Plus, I can still get a work out in on Wednesday and Saturday and be right on track. In fact Saturday BW and I are planning to remove a giant shubbery....

tumblr_nkwua5dtIY1u0k6deo2_250.gif

from the front of our house. I imagine that will be quite the task so I'll probably count that as a work out if the weather cooperates.

I got over an hour of writing in on Friday and I'm looking forward to doing more. It feels good to be able to spend some time doing creative stuff just for me.

• Like 1

Wheres you at?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I is ALIVE!!!   Reading through this I realize that I'm in a very similar place now as I was in June, but that's still a great place.  I'm doing lots of monitoring and reflecting on how I spend my time. Improvements have been made and more are on the way.  I'm hoping to make time for being on here more often even if it is just to stalk follow other folks.

*sword sharpening*  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Today: Successful hunting for a Christmas tree.  Coached my hockey team to a well earned tie against a good opponent. Finished up the day at a family holiday party with wine and singing of Christmas carols.  good day.

How did your holidays go?

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Holidays have been awesome!  Christmas involved lots of wine and board games with the fam which was super fun. We went to see the new Star Wars with our nephews and I basically have the week off to plan/prepare for tax season.

BW and I are also planning a New Years Eve gaming stream a la Extra Life this Thursday. We just got starting messing around with some streaming tech. It's been a fun silly project for us to work on together. Gaming greatness may not happen but silly nonsense is guaranteed.

Fitness wise I haven't been up to very much so I'm trying to work yoga back into my daily routine. Up to 2 days! Gotta start somewhere I guess.

• Like 1

So far so good wit the yoga once per day. I only missed one day last week which happened to be streaming day.  I did a fair amount of body bending to get computers and cables hooked up so the missed day wasn't too bad.  

I'm really digging the challenge changes for 2016 and I want to hop on board. Alas, the dreaded Tax Season Giant has found me once again.  While I will still use my silver sword and Ranger skills to slay the beast,  I will also need to draw upon the reflection and planning power of the Druids to achieve my goal.  Since I'll be battling the TSG, the scope of my endeavors will be reduced so it won't be an official challenge. I plan to plop down weeklyish updates in this battle log instead of a challenge thread.  

A distant thunderous roar echos through the mountains.  Jennifer Stark looks up from her sword sharpening. Cold winds have been blowing, it was only a matter of time before the great beast reared it's ugly head again.  She resumed sharpening.  The battle for Spring has begun.

Good luck on that.  You've got this solid, Jenn!  

I want to get the band back together.  I know there's probably a lot of the old guard that is dealing with life (hence the MIA status), but it would be fun to have everyone back for a challenge.  I'm glad you're still here, Jenn.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks Jitters, that means a lot.  Well we could always spam people's inboxes to get them out of retirement. :pirate:  I'm going to put some magic potion in Bat Woman's coffee so she comes back online.   

I have yet to compile all the details for my challenge but as soon as I do it will be up.

8 of the last 9 days had yoga in them and I should have time to do some more tonight.

Weekly Check In Time!

I planned out all my meals and clothes for the week on Sunday. It worked out really well.  I didn't need to spend any time or energy on picking out something to wear or packing lunch in the morning.  That is a great way to start the day.  I recently got into a podcast called Adventure Time which is 3 brothers and their father playing D&D together.  It's goofy and silly and really fun to listen to.  Since I do well with tiny goals I made a dungeon crawler type game  spread sheet.  I call it Dungeons and Deadlines.  :smile-new:  (trademark coming soon.)  I earn turns and XP every day by doing good work things at work and by the end of the week I sit down and play.  First week turned out pretty well (I had to spontaneously make up rules for respawning) .  Setting things up and making adjustments to the rules or enemies has a fun way to do something creative. I also had a chance to do some creative writing this week, which always makes me happy.  Yoga happened 10 of the last 12 days.  Whats wrong with you Thursdays?  Why don't you like yoga? 

I'm feeling better this January than I have in a long time. Bring it on 2016!

• Like 1

Way to go, Jenn!

Level 2 Warforged Druid

We are into the season now so I was working over the weekend on a job that has been nothing but headaches.  I don't mind working hard or long hours but this job just creates a poop vortex where you think you did everything, you think you did it right, then the next thing you pick up makes you realize the thing you did before was wrong or incomplete and you have to redo it.  I haven't yelled or cried or broken anything yet (past Jenn would have three times by now) but it is super disheartening to feel trapped in a cycle of poop.  Bad news: a side effect from this uber-frustration is a falling off the yoga wagon. In my brain I know that yoga things will make me feel better, but at night going down into the cold basement to yoga doesn't sound appealing. Good News:  I did yoga in the morning two days last week and felt awesome. New Plan! I put all my yoga clothes in a designated drawer so when I hop flop out of bed I can put them on and get yogaing.  

On the bright side I have been eating really well lately. BatWoman is in charge of all food stuffs in our fortress so she has been whipping up super tasty meat & veg dinners so we can stay lean and mean.  I started packing lunches for the week all at once and even planning my clothes for the week.  It sounds insane but anything I can do ahead of time saves me time and energy later.  The more I learn about myself the more I realize the secret to life is planning planning planning.

Now I'm off to bed so I can get back on the yoga horse tomorrow!

18b7e4049abe87d97245c1409c92268a.jpg

P.S. Mayyyyyybe don't google 'yoga horse' while at work....

How are you holding up, now that I am sure you are starting to feel the pressure of Tax Season?  

Yoga horse was...  an interesting search...

CZPRQPn.gif

Level 2 Warforged Druid

tenor.gif?itemid=3537975

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Greetings Adventures! We gather once again around the hearth to hear more about our hero. *  

A few things have changed since 2016, most notably Batwoman and I got married.  We had tremendous weather with which to drink and dance and celebrate with our tribe.  Can't ask for more than that.  I passed my 3rd of 3 Enrolled Agent exams. So I am now a super accountant.  It felt amazing to get that challenge behind me.  Along with my accounting by day, I have still been coaching by night.  This season I'm working with multiple teams of girls ages 9 to 19.  We have a great group of goofballs that make me laugh every time I'm at the rink.  If you see me mention my "baby ducks" it's the players I coach, not actual ducklings.   Practice for the season started this week which always tests my planning skills. I'm hoping my consistent batch cooking skills will help keep me from relying on crap food when I'm oot'n'aboot for hockey.   Additional travel will keeps BW and i on our toes as we are going to PAX West this weekend, have a wedding in DC to attend mixed into the regular work and hockey trips.  Google Calendar for the WIN!

Additional updates to come as time permits.

*I'd normally use the lady version of any word but heroine ALWAYS makes me think drugs before lady hero so I have declared myself a hero.

• Like 2