Hey guys,

I am respawning, and introducing myself at the same time because I am coming out of lurker status and onto the forums. I think I need to, for accountability reasons.

My name is Kat, I'm 24 years old, female, living in Richmond, Virgnia. For the past couple of years, I have done awesome in my weight loss. I lost a total of 85 pounds with a trainer, was significantly under 200 pounds for the first time in my life. I even ran a couple of half marathons.

Then I got injured, got depressed, went into a downwards spiral. I regained 25 of my 85 pounds. I am at 199 today and I need to make my change.

I'm starting a blog at elephanticorn.tumblr.com. I'll be on the forums, too, but I am hoping for an accountability buddy to get me back to where I want to be.

I want to run another half-marathon in October. I want to get my binge-eating under control. And I want to do a pull-up. 

Hope everyone is having a brilliant day.

Welcome Kat! 

Nice to see that you know what your goals are! I'll be reading your blog. Cause I am nosy like that.

• Like 1

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Welcome aboard. You have some good goals, measurable and very specific. Have you checked out the "How to do a pull-up" post on the blog? Good on you for stopping yourself after only gaining back 25 pounds instead of waiting till you found all the weight you had lost.  I recommend some intermediate goals between where you are now and where you want to be. Also, for "binge eating" define what that is in measurable terms and come up with a positive version of "not binge eating" such as "eat healthy."

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Shakeel_R: I am the nosiest person alive. We could be fast friends. Thanks for the encouragement!

Tanktimus the Encourager: What an apt username! Thank you so much! I agree with the intermediate goals, tonight after work I am going to try to write myself up a step by step program. For binge-eating in particular, I think a positive and tangible goal to work towards for me is 1) not eat food after 8:30 PM and/or 2) not eat food watching television. Nighttime and TV seem to be pretty bad triggers for me sitting on the couch and eating everything I own.

Shakeel_R: I am the nosiest person alive. We could be fast friends. Thanks for the encouragement!

You scared me :/ I am going to run away now. Oh and I am taking your bike.

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

Tanktimus the Encourager: What an apt username! Thank you so much! I agree with the intermediate goals, tonight after work I am going to try to write myself up a step by step program. For binge-eating in particular, I think a positive and tangible goal to work towards for me is 1) not eat food after 8:30 PM and/or 2) not eat food watching television. Nighttime and TV seem to be pretty bad triggers for me sitting on the couch and eating everything I own.

You're welcome. Those are two realistic goals to start. Even working on one at a time would be good.

You scared me :/ I am going to run away now. Oh and I am taking your bike.

Taking bikes is bad, m'kay?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath