Horse. Getting Back on it.

I used to be a somewhat active member around here. Then we moved interstate....twice. Getting out of routine is hard, and is a big part of what did me in, but it's also large parts of laziness. 

I've been back on the paleo train for the last month. Starting slow, forgiving myself for somewhat frequent mess-ups, but still staying true for the most part. Also, doing more 'move slowly more often' exercise. Have printed the Beginners Bodyweight workout again, because that worked so well for me last time. Starting small, starting slow, being kind to myself, focusing on staying on track. 

Back here to get inspiration and encouragement for making it work again! Missed you all. 

• Like 2

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

Sounds like you got it pretty well locked in. If you're already forgiven yourself, you've done most of the work, that's often the hardest part. You're doing the right things right, so I predict great success for you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

So, right now I'm making some small changes while I hang out for the next challenge to kick off. 

Have been walking lots. Coming to the realisation that I'm over-complicating things, and it's really easy to just put on my shoes, grab whatever kids and dog are nearby, and go. No, it's not the workout of my dreams. What it is though, is moving my body. And movement of any sorts counts. 

Also trying not to self-sabotage. Made a bad eating choice? Shake it off, and make a better one for the next meal. Didn't do the yoga workout all week? Shake it off, and do it now. 

Change is at a glacially slow rate, but it's happening. Endlessly grateful to the way the NF community keeps me motivated and on task! 

• Like 2

WarriorAmy

Good for you. Glacially slow is infinitely better than not at all. I've been watching you going around helping others, that's awesome.  Why not do a battle log to hold you over till the next challenge? It will help with accountability.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Sounds like you have exactly the right attitude, and that really is alot of the battle to begin with. Your right on when you say you shouldnt be over complicating things, and at this stage it doesnt matter how slow you go as long as you are moving forward.

If you start by putting one foot in front of the other, then you will eventually get where you are going. I like your attitude towards your bad choices too, no point dwelling on the negatives, just learn from them and next time you win.

Great stuff, I look forward to seeing your next challenge.

• Like 1

Level: 3 - Wood Elf - Wanderer

STR: 0 | DEX: 5 | STA: 11 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 2

Challenges: 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | Current

"Quit...don't quit...noodles...don't noodles. You are too concerned with what was, and what will be"

- Master Oogway

Good for you. Glacially slow is infinitely better than not at all. I've been watching you going around helping others, that's awesome.  Why not do a battle log to hold you over till the next challenge? It will help with accountability.

A battle log is a good idea. I should look into that! 

WarriorAmy