Will i ever make it?

Im starting to doubt i will ever get 'there' ever reach my fitness goal, my weight goal. 

Im an alcoholic and the more i worry about the alcohol pissing on my attempt to lose weight, the more i want to drink to numb the fear and struggle. 

I do well for a couple of weeks or so, then something goes wrong and everything crumbles. 

Don't think too hard about the end goal.  Just take it one day at a time.  Every day, even every hour without a drink is a victory.  Keep refraining and line up those hours.

If you break the chain, don't panic, just start over.  Real life involves a lot of starting over ... and over and over.  That's okay.  That's being human.  Every day when you wake up, you get another chance to be awesome.

There are some big tasks you just can't stare at or you'll want to give up.  The best thing to do is focus on one step at a time, and have confidence that if you keep taking little steps, eventually you will get there.  Be faithful, trust the process, don't give up.  It will work if you keep at it long enough.

• Like 3

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Don't think too hard about the end goal.  Just take it one day at a time.  Every day, even every hour without a drink is a victory.  Keep refraining and line up those hours.

If you break the chain, don't panic, just start over.  Real life involves a lot of starting over ... and over and over.  That's okay.  That's being human.  Every day when you wake up, you get another chance to be awesome.

There are some big tasks you just can't stare at or you'll want to give up.  The best thing to do is focus on one step at a time, and have confidence that if you keep taking little steps, eventually you will get there.  Be faithful, trust the process, don't give up.  It will work if you keep at it long enough.

This sums up my thoughts better than I could have expressed them myself. 

Also, I'm not sure where you are at, but this is a massive issue to tackle on your own. Don't be afraid to seek out some outside, professional help. 

WarriorAmy
{Insert motivational script here}
STR - 4|DEX - 2|STA - 6|CON - 4 |WIS - 6|CHA- 5

Thanks Amy, i do have alcohol therapy, but been skipping a few sessions as i dont feel it is working. There are huge waiting lists for more advanced intervention. 

Met my friend for lunch today, 28 degrees and sitting outside, she had cider, i just had lemon water. Pretty proud, only a small step but a step all the same.

• Like 4

Thanks Amy, i do have alcohol therapy, but been skipping a few sessions as i dont feel it is working. There are huge waiting lists for more advanced intervention. 

Met my friend for lunch today, 28 degrees and sitting outside, she had cider, i just had lemon water. Pretty proud, only a small step but a step all the same.

Ey! Congrats! That is a huge step! Little steps are more like to success that huge hard long steps! You can do it!

Mel Naux ~my evil me~

Race: Doppelgänger | Class: None
[Lvl 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

MFP

Challenge: 11

Yep, baby steps. Don't focus on the major 'OMG SUCH A HUGE THING TO ACHIEVE' part of everything (alcoholism, fitness, body image)...just one step at a time. Don't compare yourself to others, you're your baseline and you have the power to beat each and every PR you have, you know why? 

Because if you keep working you'll be the you that had that PR...but with more training. So you'll be faster, stronger, more resilient. That goes with everything. Even if you have a set back you know what, you have the power to pick yourself back up and you showed yourself you have the power to say NO when you need to. 

You got this man, welcome back!

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I've noticed that alot of folks here use gratitude journals or build daily gratitude into their challenges. It seems corny but there is alot to be said for focusing on the positive to improve the overall mental state. Maybe give it a try? Always remember you are more then just your addiction. :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

~☆~BerBer ~☆~

LVL 1 Dwelf Assassin

STR: 0 | DEX : 0 | CON : 4.7 | STA : 3.7 | WIS : 2.80 | CHA : 1

Current Challenge

Battle Log

About Me

But today is a completely new day! Don't let yesterday's slip up ruin today by filling it with negativity.feeling guilty won't change what already happened but it can affect what will happen today, or tomorrow. Remember how you feel,try to forgive yourself, then do better. There is a saying here for slip up/bad days "never two days in a row". You've already said that you can go weeks at a time without a drink and I bet there was a time when you couldn't do that. Quitting anything is hard,take it slow, focus on your WINS. It will happen

~☆~BerBer ~☆~

LVL 1 Dwelf Assassin

Current Challenge

Battle Log

About Me

Sounds like it was good to me. Almost is good, almost is a step in the right direction. And way to go for seeking help to get you through it! The Samaritans are there for exactly that reason so don't feel bummed about it. Even super hero's have sidekicks :)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

~☆~BerBer ~☆~

LVL 1 Dwelf Assassin

Current Challenge

Battle Log

About Me

:)

was just about to go to bed and heard my neighbour crying, i only met her last week but she told me some awful things that she has been through the past year. It was 11pm, but i couldnt lie in bed and just listen to her sobbing, so i went round to see if she was ok, and ended up sitting with her for a couple of hours, just talking and ended up laughing a few times too together. 

As i left she hugged me and said that i helped her a lot. So i feel good and can now go to sleep !  :pride:

• Like 2

Thank you so much guys, welling up here! Not drank since, bad cravings tonight but managed to distract myself. Just have a cup of tea now and catching up on some admin work for my company. Will try to make the gym tomorrow and get those endorphines pumping. 

That's great! Well done! In future if you begin to get anxious concerning drinking and fitness and it makes you want to drink even more, consider other things to comfort yourself; ie. a long bath. Also, we're all very proud of you. :)

• Like 3

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire