Figured I might as well start a log.  I do a little bodyweight, some barbell and some running.  Currently starting 5/3/1 and doing a bit of trail running. 

I log some stuff on Fitbit and Myfitnesspal for my calorie and macro counting.

So now eights today but a 4.33 mile hilly train run in about 50 minutes.

• Like 1

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

Press  

70# x3

80# x 3

85# x8

DB press 35#/each 5x10... was supposed to be BB press but gym was slammed.

35# DB row, 5x10 each arm

Was going to run, but shins still a little sore from the last few days, so I did a mile on the elliptical.  Not a huge fan but I can get my blood pumping a little bit without any impact.  

Going home Thurs-Sun and trying to figure out how to fit in enough workout time.  

Almost finished with the second week of the first microcyle of 5/3/1 and so far it is interesting but seems easier than SL.  But I stopped making much progress even though my lifts were less than stellar so we shall see.

Just for a staring point, the numbers I used for my first calculation were (I think)

Squat 245 x 5

Bench 145x5

DL 260x3

OHP 95 x5

Still fighting the Battle of the Bulge. 150.4 this morning.  150 always seems to be my sticking point.  It's not so much the scale # as wanting to get rid of my spare tire.  I think if I hit 145 I won't want to go any lower and will just rely on recomp to go any further.

Bath time workout...

This is when the kiddo is in the bathtub and I have 2 10# hex and 1 20# hex DB and my bodyweight.

20 pushups

10 lateral raises with a 10 in each hand

10 OHP w/ 2 10s

10 concentration culrs/side with 20

20 standing curls with same

Then repeated.

Added my lifts to the leaderboard threads to shame myself into improving!!!

• Like 1

OK, after a long weekend back ome I have some ground to make up.  I did at least get some runs in.  But missed some lifts and had poorer than typical day macro splits and overall calories.  THat being siad I think I was better than I typically am when out of town.  Having to eat out on the road is always challenging.  Can't eat salad and drive and as much as I love a grilled chicken sandwich they get pretty old as the only decent protein to calorie ratio at most fst food places.

So I expect to see some sodium bloat and then get back on track.  Need to get back to at least a pound a week.

It't been a frustrating week of some missed goals.  Thursday I slept in and didn't go to the gym and was out of town for the long weekend.  Lest night I forgot my gym closes early on Sunday, or I would have went earlier in the day.  When I found out... I really should have just gone for a run but I felt so defeated I just sat instead.  I may need to think about switching my gym days to MTTF instead of MWF and trying to pick one up on the weekend.

So today was Bench 110 x 5

125x 3

140 x 5

OHP 50, 5x10

cable row 85 5 x 10

went ahead and did a "mile" on the elliptical because I am going to try to run in the park about 3 miles tonight.  Tomorrow I need to get up early and do squats 5/3/1 and play catch up.

Also been looking at a slightly more severe cut, at least for 2-4 weeks.  This weight is always the point I have less wiggle room.  Might be nice to just blast through a few pounds.

only got in my 5/3/1 squats, though did hit 5 reps on my 1+ round at 240.  A less than 6 hours sleep separating a 800 calorie deficit day with a lift and 3 mile run from squat DL day was affecting performance.  Now to go into work early to get something done due today.

Cannot get out. Drums, Drums in the deep.  They are coming.

Feeling better today after a bit more sleep and no pounding headache.  I have some soreness again from DL.  I knew that my form was breaking down due to how bad I felt but I ground it out since it was light weight.  Oddly it seems like not tooo long ago 155 felt like a good weight to do 1x5 and now I'm doing 5x10 when I feel terrible.

calories were in range yesterday, maybe a little below.  I need to keep it up a bit higher.  

Ran 2.63 miles this morning.   Need to do some Bodyweight and serious core work tonight. 

OHP 30 x5

40x5

50x5

70x5

80x4

90x7

Bench 105  5x10

Low cable row 85# 5x10

dips 2x7

2.75 mile run

SHould have lifted this morning or on break but still got it in.  Just need to get enough sleep to get up early and knock out my last day of the 5/3/1 week.

Was a little over on calories today at Jason's Deli.  Still in deficit I beleive.  Just gotta keep cutting hard and make some progress. 

Late night catch up

Deadlift

135x5

165x5

190x5

215x3

240x5

Squat 145 5x10

decline press machine (sigh) 90 5 x10

3% treadmill.  2/1 fast/slow intervals, 8.40 mile

topped out at 1600 calories, aiming for 1200-1500 to jumpstart this cut.

No chance to run or hit the gym today with the wife out of town.

Did 3x15 pushups

2x20 bicycles 

2x20 leg lifts.

Noticed doing measurements this week that my hip measurement had grown 2 inches.  I guess squatting 2-3x week has encouraged some growth.  I don't know that my hip measurement has been larger than my waist measurement any time ever.  I suppose I didn't measure in HS or college.  But still interesting.  That had not been an objective by any means.  

Tomorrow I may get a chance to get to the gym late.  It is deload week on 5/3/1... so I need to rest but also mind my diet.  I have been a bit lax this weekend with the kid solo.  

Ugh, yesterday was a psychologically taxing day.  Still need to log my foods but I am quite sure I blew my calories to smithereens and didn't go to the gym.  

I went and did bench day on deload week.  It felt sor of pointless but I am just going to stick with the program and assume Wendler knows a lot more than i.  I superetted my 5x10 30# OHP and 50$ barbell row.

So I went on a 4.85 mile trail run in the hills.  Registered as 100+ flights of stairs.  It was already over 90F and high humidity.  It was pretty miserable but I feel tons better being back on track today.

3 x15 pushups

2x15 leg raises

2x20 bicycle

2x10 each concentration curls with 20# hex DB

1x5 overhead of whatever my square stock trailer hitch weighs.... I was bored and feeling strongmanish

was gonna run but now that my wife is home and its after ten I think I may go to bed and hit it even harder in my run before work;

My diet has been a little rough today.

Playing around with 1rm calculators and wilks calculators.  I don't know that I could actually lift what they say I could lift but if I could I am not as weenie as I usually think.  Not that strong either but not so pitiful.