No strength training.  Did some cat and camels to loosen up my back.  Push mowed the yard for a half hour.  Ran 3.27 miles on grass.  Stayed roughly within my calorie goals taken activity into account.  I always get a  little loose on the weekends but havent gone nutso like last weekend.  Havent weighed or measured in awhile.

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

Had my numbers put up on the leaderboard for Bench, OHP, Squat and Deadlift.  Pretty darn humbling.  Granted most of them are lifts where I am hitting at least 5 reps so I am not testing a true 1RM but still.  The good news is there is still a crap ton of room for improvement. Guess I need to get stronger and lighter!

Had a little carbier breakfast this morning so I could tax my system a bit

Squat #

45x5

95x5

135x5

170x5

195x5

220x8

Deadlift 125 5x10

Incline DB press 35# 5 x 10

captains chair 4x15

75# curl 2x10

The out to audobon park for a 5.12 mile hilly trail run, bout 100 flights of stairs registered on fitbit.

Gotta do a late shift at work tonight as a supervisor so 12-8.  After work I may head out on the hospital grounds and try to pound out another 3 miles... but I have already beat me legs like they owe me drug money so we will see. 

Late days typically means less evening munch time and better diet adherence. 

Took an actual rest day yesterday.  A leeeetle bit of stretching and mobility.  Doing 30k steps with 7 miles of that running... on leg day... has left some lingering soreness in my hammies.

Today was upper body day.  And I fucked up.  I print two weeks of workouts on opposite sides and I did x3 week weights on x5 week of 5/3/1.  That fact makes me feel a little better because quite frankly I struggled a little bit and was afraid I was already hitting the wall!

OHP 45x5

70x5

80x5

90x8

bench 85 5x10

5x4 pullups

1.75 mile sidewalk run.

Scale not moving.  Damn you cotton candy blizzards.  I waited five years for your return and you come back during a cut. I can't stay mad at you cotton candy... you are like having a Koala bear crap a rainbow in my mouth. 

Sore upper back/shoulder area today.  I did more volume in pullups yesterday as a I started rearranging accessories.  I think that may be to blame as I am stronger on my right side.  hopefully that will self correct at some point.  Could also be the mobility work I was doing (cat/camels and bird dogs) was done incorrectly.

I just signed up for the Mini-Knobstone trail run in the 10k category.  I run a 9ish k hilly trail run nearly every week so I am not that intimidated.  But it's hours away and means my first look at the course will be that day.  It may be much hillier and Imay need up having to walk vastly more than I do now.  Right now on my 5 miler I walk about 3 minutes out of every 20, typically after a long hill.  I did better this week when it was cooler so maybe by Sept 26th I can improve my pacing.  Not really setting a time goal.  Honestly the structure and social aspect of it is far more intimidating than the run itself. 

Well, my gym just closed as of Monday and I have to go to a new one.  I have pretty bad social anxiety and new is very disruptive for me.  I really have to make myself go and I am taking something that had become fairly effortless motivation wise and turning it into a huge challenge for me.  It's a huge barrier for me to cross.  SO to help motivate myself I will pose some embarrassing shirtless photos to document my progress or lack there of and remind myself to mind my diet and still get to the new terrible gym. 

Bout 5# ago but looks the same to me.

CAM00174.jpg

Really a photo from a haircut I just decided to flex.

CAM00251.jpg

short recovery run... I think about 1.25 miles or so.  Just enough to get some blood into my still sore legs.  5x10 squats always gives me some soreness.

And get up early to go to the new gym.  Got my key today... place didn't bowl me over but we'll see.

Slept in this morning and went to my "new" gym at 8:15.  Overall busier, meatheadier, with worse equipment.  Anywho

Bench

45x5

95x5

105x3

125x3

135x7

OHP 45 5x10

Cable low row 90 5x10

and I was uncomfortable and got the fuck out.  I do not like change.

Didn't get up and run when the alarm went off this morning, went way over calories today.  I dd go ahead and do tomorrows lift today.  Maybe I will still get up and do another but I doubt it.  The new gym along with some work stuff and parenting/marriage stuff have all conspired against my gains!  And losses!

Squat

45x5

95x5

135x5

175x3

205x3

230x6.  Substantial pain in left knee on the 4th rep of this set.  I have done 3x5 of higher weight than this.  IDK if it was a new gym with new wracki, new bar and really different looking plates... was it all in my head ... anyway I really ground it out and it hurt through my deads

deads, 135 5x10

25# DB incline chest flys 3x10

35# DB incline press 2x10

My week of suck continues.

OHP 

55x5

65x5

70x3

80x3

90x4

Last week when I read the wrond day's plan, I did 90x8.  IDK if it is the new gym or what but my head is out of the fame

Bench 85 5x10

2 mile run, forgot to time. My first run of the week when I typically ame over 10 miles by now.  Gotta get my head outta my ass.

Well, got up and ran 2.57 in 27.  I think I may end up missing my 4x/lift for the first time in 7 weeks or so.  I have to do the paperwork to go to the new gym where my old gym was.  This other gym isn't working out.  But I just didn't get a chance to since Friday.  I am still feeling like I have a summer cold.

On the good side I have been much better on my diet this weekend and this morning I was at 146.4, a new low as an adult (maybe freshman year of college or so).  This puts me 11.1 pounds from my target weight that I hope to make no later than November, but I am skeptical.  This is just the point of BF thats hard for me to get under. 

First day back at my gym.  Didn't get up when the alarm went off so I left work early.  Not in my groove and forgot to max out my last set.  Maybe that was fortuitus considering my schedule has been so off. anywat

Deadlift 95x5

135x5

190x3

220x3

245x3 Probably had 5 in me...

5x5  dips

135 squat 5x10

may run later if it stops rainign

Terrible night of sleep.  SO no workout.  Gotta get back into my groove now.

But from being off I noticed DOMS in my chest and legs.  The good news is I never realized all the muscles a full ROM dip hit.  

Gonna hafta back off on my 5x10 squats.  I did it at 135, which is substantially more than the 30-40% of training max I should use.  Gotta check the ego a bit more with putting some tiny plates on the bar.

Still sore from squats and dips.  But no rest for the wicked.

Bench

45x5

65x5

95x5

115x5

130x3

145x5  Nearly shat on last rep

OHP 50 5x10

85# low row 5x10

went outside to run in rain 14:35 1.34mile to stretch those sore quads and hammies.   Gotta watch my fork putdowns and table push aways today though.

Looking back at July's 5/3/1 week I got 140x5 on that set.  Although admittedly I would have probably stopped at 3 or 4 w/o a spotter.

Woke up with still sore hamstrings...

squat 45x5

95x5 

125x5

195x5

220x3

245x3 ( I have done this weight 3x5 before but with the DOMS I felt unsteady and my form was sucking so I didn't wanna push it too far.

I don't really know what a trap bar weighs... but I put a plate on each side to do my 5x10 Deads, the last 2 sets straight leg.

5x10 incline DB press with 35s

2ish mile run outside. 

Now if I can not eat garbage all day I will be golden

OHP

45x5

65x5

75x5

85x3

95x5

Bench 95 5x10

capt char 2x10

5x5 pullups but last 3 were assisted.  just no gas in the tank and axious to get home. 

If I get in a weekend workout I can be back on track like I never skipped half a week.  and going into a deload week.  Now to get my diet keyed back in and lose soem damn weight.  this week I have been terrible and next week is summer camp at the lake where I drink my weight in beer.

Deadlift

135x5

155x5

185x5

205x5

230x3

260x4

squat 95 5x10 (should be 115... but last time i did it I did 135 and was sore for 5 days so I didn't wanna push it.)

dips 5x5

captains chair 4 x 15

was supersetting the last three.

Have put on weight while I should be losing so I really gotta dial it in this week.  I know the lake next weekend will fuck me up.