Hey y'all, I'm Indy and I'm new here. I've been an email subscriber to nerd fitness articles for forever now and decided to finally take a step into your world. While I love Tabletop games I've never been much of a RPG player so I'm not sure how all this guild/levels/race stuff works, bear with me as I figure it out lol.

I'm a 28 year old female who enjoys reading and writing. I'm overweight and want to get my health back, while losing weight would be a plus my main goal is to just be healthy. Baby steps are the way for me, I'm in this for the long haul not some quick fix.

No my real name is not Indyannie but wouldn't that be sweet if it was. I've just always been a fan of Indiana Jones and I figured if I take on the name then I have big shoes to fill so I better not let him down. 

I keep trying to upload a picture but it doesn't seem to want to work, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Guess that's it for now  :joyous:

-Indy

• Like 1

Snakes, Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?

Race: ? Level: 1

Highest Weight 220 

Current Weight 202 

Goal Weight 140

Welcome! I love the handle. I saw it on the sidebar first and was excited to find your intro thread! I love Indiana Jones as well. One of my many all-time favorites. :D

• Like 1

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Thanks Tanktimus! Glad to hear that, because just like Dr. Jones I hate snakes lol. 

I'm going to check out the beginner bodyweight workout, it looks like a good place to start. From there I believe I'll be able to assess my strengths/weaknesses and go from there. 

Some goals I eventually want to tackle are run a 5K, start weight training, learn how to swim better, and my big time bucket list is one day Thru Hike the entire Appalachian Trail.

Do you think the BBW is a good place to start with those goals in mind? Any advice would be greatly appreciated  :)

BTW how do you get that progress bar on the bottom of your post?

Snakes, Why Did It Have To Be Snakes?

Race: ? Level: 1

Highest Weight 220 

Current Weight 202 

Goal Weight 140

Yes, the BBW is where many nerds start, I send a lot of people that direction. Couch to 5k (C25K) is a good program if you want to run a 5k, I haven't done it but a lot of nerds use it. If you do BBW thee days a week and C25K on alternating days with a rest day once a week you'll be doing great. 

Now that you have some goals in mind, I recommend to SMARTify them. Make the Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Trackable.  The first thing do to is make each of your goals measurable, then define some baby steps to get from where you are to where you want to be.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath