Hi guys. I'm currently on stronglifts 5x5 with accessory work and I just came home after a workout and after my protein shake.

I was hungry and we had roasted chicken and venison with potatoes.

So I've put some good portion on my plate, ate it and then I went to the kitchen and started to eat it straight out of the roaster and I ate probably too much.. It was really fatty too..

This was sometimes happening to me more regularly and hasn't happened for a longer time, but today it just struck me :((

In fact, I'm trying to gain weigh, but this is probably not the way :( I feel like I got out of a control and now I don't even feel like eating another meal in the evening :((

What should I do with this??

That's ok, there are always tools to use.

You need to find what, in your situation, you can use to help change your habits.

I found a calorie tracker helpful, because I have trouble with portion sizes and how some foods fill me up less than others. My second trick is mostly - if I don't want to eat it, it's not there for me to eat. That works because there's only me at home, so I can cook only what I want to eat and not have snacks around too much. And I can use the tracker to adjust portions when I work out.

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

Well I'm tracknig my calories too but it just drives me crazy even more :/ 

And I'm living in a house with my parents and my grandmother and their eating habits are totally crap, so you can imagine what do we have in kitchen and it just makes it harder for me :(

That is rough. I mostly get by because I can control everything. My willpower happens in the supermarket, then I'm good to go.

Correct e if I'm reading into this wrong, but it's sounding like you parents and grandmother aren't particularly inclined to help? Is there someone, somewhere, who could give you accountability and encouragement?

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

Maybe you were just hungry. It happens. Don't get so overwrought, there's way worse things to gorge on. Chicken and potatoes is a pretty minor sin. Maybe you needed it. Particularly if you want to gain, that's probably really good.

If overeating until you feel sick or too stuffed is a regular problem for you, there's ways to adjust. You might consider making a rule to not eat out of the pot or bag or etc., instead put a portion on your plate. If you want more, you have to go refill the plate. That way you have to stop and think about what you want, and it helps you get a clearer idea of what amount is actually getting consumed. You are freaking out because you don't KNOW how much you ate; tracking it would free you from that anxiety, at least.

(I'm a natural grazing type, especially as I live alone, but I still follow a "take out one serving" rule for more dangerous foods. Like Viscura, in the case of "hyperpalatables" like chips or cookies, I limit even buying them, because if they get into the house they will get eaten. The law of readiest available snackage dictates that if carrots are here and chips are a mile away, I'm eating carrots.)

• Like 2

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.