Time for an update. I'm doing well on the goals I've been doing well on. Still haven't missed a workout (I was grinding through it the last time though). I felt a noticible lack of...power? on my last workout and it reminded me that the focus of my part 2 is less muscle building and more weight loss. I've only been IFing 3 days but I gotta say it makes clean eating harder for me. Well, maybe not the IF itself. I've been a bit depressedish this week and it's having an effect on my giveashit when supper time rolls around. Trying to find a better attitude, attitude will be my saving grace.

I've noticed I barely get sore now even when I work my reps to failure? Not a huge concern during this portion of my quest but I will have to address it later. Maybe I need to do my reps more slowly or add weight, my muscles tire out but they don't seem to tear. Anywho today is BBWW day so there's that, made it up in time, lunch is handled and I will behave with supper. I just gotta remind myself a cut doesn't last forever, I can have my breakfast back soon enough. Maybe by thanksgiving if I stay committed.

-Avitus Xenoi-
Race: Ascending Kitsukan
Class: Recruit
Level:1
STR: 2 | CHA: 1 | | STA: 0 | WIS: 3 | CON: 2.3 | DEX: 0

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Another weekend over, went swimming n learned a new LotR table game. Sauron killed me in mordor :( Thinking Munchkin is a game I ought to learn too. Found a nerd shop close to home i didn't know existed, score. went to a fish hatchery and fed ducks, wandered the park, got some grub n did laundry. i did miss my first workout but I'm not sweating it. the point is that missing one in a month is way better than never working out at all. I have a week off from work coming up that i intend to use as a mental refresher. life is good except the 40 hours a week grind on my optimism. just need to clean my mirror, a job is a blessing. so is an aimless road trip away from it.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Further reading into muscle soreness or lack of suggests it varies widely and is not an indicator of undertraining. track your progress to look for results. when ya can hit 15 reps with good form add weight. You should be training adequately if you push yourself to the final rep you can do with proper form. notes to self.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

It's starting to smell like respawn in here. Did awesome the first three weeks but this just keeps getting sloppier. to a point where I don't think I've earned level two nor could I with perfect performance for the remainder. My routine shattered when I tried changing to IF, followed by my attitude, and I think a regroup is required. I know how well I did the first half but it seemed like I took on too much. The entire day seemed filled, the challenge was all encompassing. Taking on smoking was big, using fitness to get through it helped. Trying to come up with a smaller-steps method for the next challenge so I don't end up feeling overwhelmed. Dust off, I can respawn.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Really glad your not giving up,or beating yourself up! You had super big quests! You'll find what works for you! Smaller more attainable,long term,lifestyle changes,sounds like you've got good goals for your next challenge! You've got this!!!!

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

Just starting to consider future goals. I will for sure continue with body weight training, but other than that I think I'll just go with a diet goal that includes a fruit, veg, and protein with each meal. a life quest of managing my money. fewer quests. try to have more fun instead of feeling like its all about not failing.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

It's been a dungeonous fortnight.

I did discover I can now do 14 pushups, that was vindicating.

One week left and I would rather not be ashamed so I'll just slap myself upside the head in a friendly "you know better, dumbass" way and consider what's next.

I've been sick for two days, there is a gallon if snot where my brain used to be. Hopefully that wraps up soon, I slept from 8:30 last night to 7am and it felt like 4 hours. Managed my IF the past few days, trying to ramp up water and speed my immune system. Definitely not doing my bbww tomorrow if i feel this way. We'll see. I do have my goals lined up for next challenge but i may be starting a week late depending on when it lands. Got a roadtrip comin up.

"Balls!" cried the queen, and the king laughed because he had to.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Still sick today, just wiped out. lungs fulla phlegm, right ears all plugged and just generally wiped out. smeagol is goin crazy cause he can't go outside without me but I'm staying inside today. Work tomorrow hopefully the rest heals me up over night. blarg.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Most of the snot appears to be out of my head, nose blowing now is a half hourly event that still suggests my sinuses have vaulted ceilings. My right ear is plugged too which is interesting to me because I've never experienced it before in this way. Sounds aree muffled until there happens to be a loud sound which makes crazy feedbacky sounds.

No crazy headache or aches n pains, just that wheezy snot lung cough and a general lethargy.

IF has been no prob last 4 days. I tried getting as much rest as i could during my days off. Hoping to have this wrapped up soon.

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge

Great news at work, got a quality raise that should add up to a couple hundred buck extra every month. very heartening. with my upcoming busget goal this could set me on a path a lil faster.

Another good thing about the raise that I got is that it comes with new responsibilities. They are basically trying to get me prepared for more of a leadership role. I was chief engineer of one property but now two. My boss oversees all 14 properties in our corporation and is a stellar dude. They want me to work on delegation, planning and leadership skills generally. This is all good fodder for future life questing. I am introverted enough where leading doesn't strongly appeal, I prefer more self oriented work, but I'd also like to buy an acre or 2 of land someday. This is a potential path to that.

It requires me to pursue self growth personally as well as professionally. Good motivation. I already calculated that if I put aside the value of my raise for 5 years it's almost $15,000. That sounds like a down payment to me. Or a nice used RV and we can skip the acres..."I'd like to live in Yosemite this summer." Hmmm...

• Like 1

-Avitus Xenoi-

Avitus' Battle Log

"Avali ne kono ni."

Current Challenge