Hey guys.

Someone very important in my life has been through some real hard times and she did get into a bad place which included an eating disorder.

She overcame it quite a while ago though. She has recently lost weight again and is severely underweight (to the point where it's hard to look at her simply because I can't see her anything but happy). Its because of a medication she's on for something completely separate but its triggering her a little, losing weight and having less of an appetite I mean. She is sort of trying to get some weight back on. I mean, we're trying to tell her to but she doesn't want to - but she also isn't actively trying to lose any more. Its just happening. Yet, she's hit a bump and now see's herself as overweight and ugly and unhealthy. She just keeps losing weight but that in itself is a trigger. She is getting some of her old (bad) tendencies back and I have tried and somewhat talked her out of most of it. She doesn't want people worrying and the mentality behind it isn't dire right now. But with the medication making her lose weight continuously and a part of her liking it or becoming conflicted she's triggered. I thought that the push from more than just me could help some more. She's trying her best and hasn't relapsed but she's started to feel triggered.

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment if you can, it would be very appreciated. Any tips or anything would just be wonderful.

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

< STR:            1               |               CHA:           0 >

< STA:            1               |               WIS:            0 >

< CON:           2               |                DEX:           1 >

Try and be supportive man

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

I mean someone who might be able to help.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

Can you find a way to get in touch with whomever prescribed the med? Or can you convince her to let you accompany her to go see someone she trusts? Perhaps you can talk to that person first with a heads up as to what you see going on?

Sent whilst slaying demons and such so please excuse mistakes.....[emoji6]

"Not all those who wander are lost" Tolkien

"the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds, and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own"  ~ Mary Oliver

Battle/Flight Log

Being supportive and letting the friend know you care and are concerned is literally all you can do. You can't fix your friend, you can't make her see what she doesn't want to. You are not responsible for her. What you are responsible for is being loving and supporting, which you are doing. You aren't enabling bad habits. If your friend is an adult, she, and she alone, is responsible for herself. Anything more than what you have already done is overstepping boundaries and setting yourself up for misery.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The biggest priority is to make sure she knows that you care. That will do so much. Especially if she knows you care- no matter what her habits or whatever else look like. 

Always be careful to be supportive and make sure she knows she's beautiful as she is. I know a woman who is in her 40's and was diagnosed with an eating disorder in college who still has a hard time with her body image. We all are very careful to love her and make sure that when she asks does her bathing suit look good that we tell her of course it does. Just affirm her beauty without invalidating her feelings on the matter.

Lastly, be patient with her. It can be hard to constantly love on and compliment someone who doesn't seem to believe you. I spent years and years thinking I was extremely unattractive. It took my current boyfriend 4 years of patience for me to finally believe him even the smallest bit. I know that was hard on him to see me so hard on myself.

And don't lose hope. She might be stronger than she looks

• Like 2

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63