Annyshay is Summoned by the Great Deku Tree

I want to re-establish my base habits before the next challenge starts in August.  My current challenge with the assassins is over here, and has somewhat similar priorities.  I've been working through the NF academy basics again, leading me to these daily plans.  Any hero of time worth the name must have a few things, as Mido makes very clear at the beginning of Ocarina of Time - a fairy, a sword, and a shield.

Fairy - I prioritize formal quiet time with God and mindfulness practice every day.

hqdefault.jpg

Sword - I start every day with activity.  The minimum is a 5 minute walk followed by a warm up.

370682-kokirisword.jpg

Shield - I am leveling up my healthy eating habits every day.  Currently, I am logging my food and working on mindfully eating at NF level 5.  Details behind the spoiler.  I need to earn 40 rupees to get the shield.  That's 40 meals documented here.  I'm aiming for 30 days of logging, to click off the NF academy quest.  ;)

Level 5: No Pasta, No Sweets
"I have a pretty good grasp about what’s healthy food and what’s not. I’m a smart person and I have made a few key changes to how I attack my daily nutrition. Liquid calories have been removed for a while now. I now crave water as much as I used to soda! For at least 6 days a week, I am no longer eating pasta, bagels, muffins, or other empty calories. Candy and sweets are a VERY rare occasion. AKA ordering dessert after dinner is a treat every two or three weeks (instead of almost nightly). Every meal has a quality protein source, and every meal has a vegetable. I’m still eating things like rice, potatoes, and some bread (though I’m cutting back on those things in favor of more protein or vegetables in some cases)."

949434-deku_shield.jpg

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Food Log

7/9

B - kale, bacon, eggs, butter, black tea x2

B 2.0 (still a hobbit ;) ) - brown-butter glazed doughnut

L - cepivicici, primal mayo, zucchini, butter

D - steak, peppers, onions, sweet potato, butter

Carbs - 82 gm

7/10

B - kale, guacamole, eggs, butter, black tea x2

S - 3 snack size Hershey's nuggets

L - roast beef sandwich from Clancey's

D - steak, broccoli salad

Carbs - 136 gm

Love as thou wilt.

Yesterday I trialed my new morning routine and rather enjoyed it.  Walked for 5 minutes, sun salutations, and spent quiet time with God.  Throughout the day did lots of hollow holds for quidditch despite the heat and humidity.  Logged my food on MFP and did fairly well despite a BBQ with friends in the evening.  Carbs ended up at 223 gm because I had some homemade cookies and a fancy layered cake thing.  Mmmmmm.

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Great time to re-establish those habits and gear up for the next challenge!  I tend to spend week 6 reflecting a bit so that I can carve a new challenge that will help me continue to level up bit by bit.

Great job on the Snitch, BTW :)

I often find that I plan too far ahead and by the time the challenge comes around I'm already mentally on to new goals... so I figure this might help some?

THANKS! :D Only my team could make me do all that when the other team wasn't even trying to get the snitch.

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

hi superstar!

I'm planning my new challenge now, but stuck because there's an 8k I want to run in early september and with the 2 week break (TWO WEEK BREAK OH NO) I need to get started before NF kicks off again.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

hi superstar!

I'm planning my new challenge now, but stuck because there's an 8k I want to run in early september and with the 2 week break (TWO WEEK BREAK OH NO) I need to get started before NF kicks off again.

Start early! Yay!

That's a great asset, or so I tell myself. ;) Reestablishing base habits sounds like a great way to prepare yourself for Level 2. :)

^^ this

Love as thou wilt.

7/15

Fairy - 25 minutes of meditation, quiet time

Sword - walk, sun salutations

Shield - logged in MFP, 111gm carbs

7/16

Fairy - 15 minutes of meditation, quiet time

Sword - walk, sun salutations

Shield - logged in MFP, 162gm carbs

Loooooots of cravings this week. Proud of how I'm being mindful of them and making conscious choices... Even if at times that means doughnuts or wine ;)

Love as thou wilt.

7/19

Fairy - meditation for 25 minutes, quiet time, church, and a lot of reading/journaling

Sword - sun salutations, didn't do the walk as I have completed that goal and have PLANS to start GMB elements tomorrow. Instead much research was done ;)

Shield - three delicious mindful meals, one shared via Skype brunch with my lovely former roommate :)

Love as thou wilt.

Doing great, Annyshay!

Using awesome technology to communicate from anywhere.