Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

haha thanks :)

and yeah, I guess she saw me talking to her cousin (older like 55 yr old guy) and said to him that since i'm at the gym nearly every morning i can't be getting into too much trouble on the outside world (cough cough none) and would be a good candidate for a babysitter lol. she had a 4 and a 7 year old, my ideal ages for babysitting butttttt... yeah no haha.

and i think i've been doing the whole reps/set thing backwards this whole time... i hope people realize this

320lbs x4 x2 for me means 320lbs, four reps, two sets :P

FYI

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

haha thanks :)

and yeah, I guess she saw me talking to her cousin (older like 55 yr old guy) and said to him that since i'm at the gym nearly every morning i can't be getting into too much trouble on the outside world (cough cough none) and would be a good candidate for a babysitter lol. she had a 4 and a 7 year old, my ideal ages for babysitting butttttt... yeah no haha.

and i think i've been doing the whole reps/set thing backwards this whole time... i hope people realize this

320lbs x4 x2 for me means 320lbs, four reps, two sets :P

FYI

Her logic is rational. I give her props for noticing this haha. She must also think you don't have a job or something :P You've got so much already going on. Babysitting isn't something I've ever done, but I do enjoy ze kids! My girlfriend has two and they're awesome little ones most of the time (kids will be kids lol).

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Gah I can finally update my normal log!!! Thanks Spezzy you are awesome :)

Anyways, fell off the planet again with some more eating problems and then the whole chad coming home and moving across the planet is kinda a big deal I guess. So here I am in Washington state, in a little cabin the military so kindly provided us since apparently having a kitten makes us not elligible for a room in the actual hotel. We move into the apartment tomorrow hopefully.

The drive was great, minus being in separate cars. Fell in love with the west and can't wait to head back there.

Anyways workout wise- haven't worked out since Chad came home, and the week before that I was kinda in the "turning 21 phase" and out till god knows when wayy too much. So needless to say I am not in a good spot right now body wise. Oh and cap that with having to eat out for lunch and dinner (skipping breakfast successfully lately) is no bueno.

Last night I made steak fajitas that I didn't eat the wraps too but chad did, so it was the first home cooked meal we've had in a while. Dunno what I want to do for tonight.. but its gunna be home cooked again.

Gonna head out and find the gym, then hit the commissary again to find some lunch/dinner stuff :)

Power cleans hopefully.. if the base gym has a barbell set.

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

Hey thanks Big! I missed it over here haha.

SOOOOO I feel a bajillion million trillion times better now that I finally got to work out again.

did power clean and jerks

45 warmups

95lbs x lots

105lbs x lots

110lbs x lots

105 x1

95lbs x1

i worked on hang cleans too, i would do a power clean and jerk it, then drop it to the hang and clean it up from the hang, then jerk it pretty much every set, so it was like a double. this is the first time I actually hang cleaned more than 95lbs! pretty pumped.

then i did some KB, box jumps, medicine ball twist/decline bench rotations till i was done

this gym on base is AMAZING. Well, HUGE. probably an acre of lifting equiptment (easily 10 bench set ups and 8-10 pimped out squat racks with lifting platforms infront of them) among a bunch of "machines" and cable equiptment. then theres a room about half the size of cardio equiptment and KB's and mats for body weight workouts. Best part? its free! If you can put up with the army bro's and the rushes at about 4-5pm and the whole being on base thing... its definitely worth it. In love with the idea of a lifting platform (AND BUMPER PLATES!!!! :D:D:D) all to myself when I lift now.

I was thinking about giving up lifting and taking up something else (maybe running again- but my knees kill, mma/kickboxing possibly since there's a gym right near our new place) buuuut getting under that bar again today made me remember how much I love lifting and how its pretty much my escape from everything.. idk. maybe its my drug :P

ANYWAYS about to head out to get some sandwhich stuff and some dinner stuff... gunna be here a while.

:)))

Current challenge
My Training

ZOMG.

I was like... wait... this thread... OMG THIS THREAD IS BACK.

Hooray!!!

Haha me too! I was like hey.. waiiiit a sec... OMG. :) So pumped.

Glad you are back :-)

Thanks Kel! Sorry for leaving you guys all in the dust lol. Hope you can forgive me!

Current challenge
My Training

So today was an easy day cause lemme tell ya I am sore from cleans yesterday. Went early cause I didn't know it didn't open till 8 on saturdays (and 12pm on sunday! whaaaat?!) and I was one of the first ones in but it doesn't matter since there are a bajillion racks!!

Okay so anyways

Deadlifttttttttttt (its been a while since I've done this so I lost about 15# that I could have done comfortably before... could prob still do em but chose to take it easy)

95lbs x10

135lbs x10 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x5 x2

205lbs x3, x2x2

155lbs x3 x2

135lbs x5

then I wanted to reassure myself that I still had the BB snatch in me

BB snatch (from floor then hang)

only did 45 and 65lbs but did alot and it felt good!

Didn't do any supps cause I took my time through the sets and realized I'd been there for an hour. Once I get my groove and get used to the equiptment I'm sure I'll be fine.

Shaking a lil now so that means a good workout. OH and the bars have so much more grip and they actually have chalk... so I'm pretty excited to see what I can do with the DL when I have good grip.

I'm doing a mini competition with one of my friends stationed in Colorado. He just left Korea too a little bit before chad and we were both complaining the other day about how fat we've gotten during our moves. So we decided to challenge each other who can lose (proportionately) more weight and BF% in 5 weeks. We exchanged starting pics yesterday and weight (I'm 155 :((((() and I sent him an old pic of me back when I had a 4 pack lol. Told him thats where I want to be back to. We're starting on Monday! Which is good cause last night I went out and had beer pizza and wings again (I limited myself to 4 wings and 3 small peices.. but 2 beers haha YAY WILLPOWER!) and today we move into the apartment and can start really stocking up on groceries!

Its gunna be pretty cool finally doing everything for ourselves. Our own everything! And I'm already happy that he's not the super clingy he was when I visited in Korea and wouldn't let me go to the gym by myself. The last two days I went on my own. Hope he's not falling out of his groove though!

I feel better yet again, and time to pack up one last time!

Current challenge
My Training

I was thinking about giving up lifting and taking up something else (maybe running again- but my knees kill, mma/kickboxing possibly since there's a gym right near our new place) buuuut getting under that bar again today made me remember how much I love lifting and how its pretty much my escape from everything.. idk. maybe its my drug :tongue:

I'm happy you're back.. but I assumed you knew such things lol. My online lifting buddy! And I quote the above to say only.. Amen.

I'm excited to watch this 5 week challenge as well!

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Haha yessss sorry i left for so long I feel like i've missed so much!

Sooooooooo I got internet set up at the house now! Hence why I haven't been on in a while. Got the final shipment of shiznit too so I spent all morning unpacking, finally have a couch and a chair and a bed and dishes so we can COOK! FINALLY. So sick of eating out. Been eating 3 meals a day for the most part. Noticing a difference in my belly area so far which is awesome. 

But update on the 5 week thing with my friend... he's already down like 5 lbs! I'm so jealous i think he may be cheating aka losing water weight. I have yet to make te scale move more than a pound. But my BF i bet has gone down a little, not that I could measure it accurately before this all started. I bet I was up towards 20 though. 

I've been doing a solid routine since we got here, and now that my running shoes came today (i packed them away since my foot was still bothering me, but now it's not an issue... hopefully!) I can add in more running. 

But yeah my routine is kinda

day 1- PC&J 

day 2- DL

day 3- squat&snatch

day 4- HIIT

yesterday i did pc&j's and I am absolutely so sore so i took a rest day. I'm bruising on my shoulders where I catch the bar to rack it, is that normal? and now that I have my shoes I'll throw in running somewhere a couple times a week. don't wanna over due it. 

ALSO I found out my gym has a crossfitish room with a rope climb and tons of everything that I am very excited about. 

as of now my numbers are 

PC- 125#

DL- 210# x2

SQ- 185# x1

Snatch- 85# 

which snatch and PC I haven't lost anything- actually feeling better as the form gets more routine, but the others yeah i realize i lost some strength but its all good cause it'll come back fast I'm sure. 

loving this gym though. think its time to get out of the house for a bit though. till later!

Current challenge
My Training

today! So happy i'm back to eating a healthy breakfast while updating this log :) how I've missed it!

did some deadlifts today.. didn't go heavy cause still working it up

45 warmups

95lbs x8 cause im lazy

135lbs x10 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x3 x2

205lbs x2 x3

155lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

then instead of the supp's i did a mile run (changed shoes) but sucked at ~8min. can't wait to actually be good at running again! feels SOOO good to not have a hurt food anymore :)

Theeeeen I did decline situps w/12lb medicine ball/ab burnout. 

I signed up for a law enforcement test/physical fitness test to qualify for a couple of police departments up here. I also put my name in for state trooper but haven't heard anything back, although the test isn't till May 4th. The small town cop one is April 13th. Its a pushup, situp, run physical test so I really need to get my act together so I can show off what I got and hopefully get hired by one of the couple police dep's. We'll see. So needless to say I've got even more motivation. 

I think I'm gunna do every other day run a mile, then on my complete rest days from the gym I'll go out for a run of various lengths. Still of course doing sprints on my HIIT days. 

breakfast/lunch was sweet potato home fries and a couple eggs. YUM. Too bad chad wants to go get BBQ. Hope I don't eat too much. But with this whole adding the running I think I'm really going to shed the extra lbs quick. My friend better watch out!

Current challenge
My Training

hit 90 on the BB snatch today!

BB Snatch (power- from the ground- then hang)

45 warmups

65lbs x5

75lbs x3

80lbs x3

85lbs x2

90lbs x3

75lbs x2

65lbs x1

then 3 rounds

40lb KB single arm swing x10

3 dips

10 leg lifts

1 inverse pullup

shoulder mobility & ab burnout

so when I started the challenge with my friend I was 156 (!!!!) now I'm 154, so down a couple pounds for this week, but already you can tell a difference in my belly. its flattening out and such, lookin goooood

just had an egg sandwich with turkey and a slice o cheese on an english muffin. 

yesterday i had 2 eggs and sweet potato hash browns, beef brisket with sauteed veggies, and then made brauts with potatoes and green beens, then a piece of pie and a couple jack and cokes haha oops buuuut it was a good day till then! even that wasn't too bad either. 

anyways going to see seattle today for the first time!! excited. 

Current challenge
My Training

Sounds like you are eating well & losing weight + getting the shape you want :-)

Ps remember to rest, you are doing big heavy workouts, awesome stuff!

Rest is easy when the people you're around don't do anything :P its getting to the gym which is the hard part haha. But thanks for noticing! I noticed you're not counting calories this challenge.. is that harder for you to keep track and stay good? Or easier since you don't have to freak out at every little thing you eat? I've been thinking of starting to count again.. but that always gives me problems.

As soon as I can clean up my diet enough to be atleast semi primal, I want to start eating more to help out with my workouts and such. Right now I'm kinda just eating what's around/what I'm making for dinner type thing. Its alot harder now that I'm cooking for two, and starting our own kitchen pantry and such.. he's not big on trying to be healthy, but isn't opposed to eating a home cooked meal almost every night. So I got lucky there. Its the whole transition thing that's the big obstical. Once we get over the initial hurdle of settling in, I'm sure the routine will fall into place.

Current challenge
My Training

So today me and the man went to the gym together for the first time, and I watched him do his OHP to start out his new 5/3/1 cycle, and he watched my form on squats and said that it was good, which is always a relief when I haven't been watched for a while haha.

LB Back Squat

45 warmups

95lbs x8

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x3 x2

165lbs x3 x2

170lbs x2 x3

155lbs x3 x2

135lbs x4, x3

took it easy on the back squats, since every time I've done them in the last 3 or so months (TMI warning) I get severe cramping which I believe is my IUD getting angry at me for bending my body certain ways with so much extra weight. Today I got lucky though and I didn't feel ANY cramping for the first time since the insertion. My max for squats has gotten to 200 though, so loosing 30 pounds due to being cautious isn't all that great. But I'd rather be cautious than writhing in pain after a workout cut short.

Anyways, then I added in what was originally going to be another mile run, but I figured that was stupid since I just burnt out my legs on squats, I did more leggish stuff

50lb single arm BB snatch x3 ea, x2

40lbs KB high pull x10 x2

Tomorrow is going to be PC day.. my favorite day! I hope my body is up for it since I just did a very heavy squat day compared to what i've been doing.

I really need to crack down on tthe whole running thing. My foot is feeling really good. Which is good. SO I need to run on it now to be ready to beast that physical exam in the middle of April. By the way, added 5 or 6 other towns nearby to the list of departments that my passing score will go out to, if I pass. Which is why the next few days I'm going to be studying and working hard. I have alot to do and its really weighing on my mind to get it all done. I feel like I have ALOT to do... alot to accomplish, big expectations to fill.. I bought my tickets to fly back home in may for unit training. So thats step one off my chest. Less money than I thought it was going to be too, which is always good. Oh, and bought tickets to the reception thing me and Chad are doing in April... holy crap coming up soon.

Anyways today was (sadly) the first day in a while that all I've drank was water. During the Security job in DC I unfortunately fell back into drinking energy drinks and coffee, which was amplified when I went though my second (or third?) bout of semi anorexia (haha) in which all I drank was coffee and BCAAs to make it through the day till dinner (which was all I ate for a couple weeks? Idk). BUT I don't have any DUnkin Donuts around here and because of this I think I have a good chance in stopping my coffee addiction again. Also we don't have a coffee maker in the apartment and I don't plan on getting one, so that's always a good sign there may be a chance in quitting the habit again! Monster energy drinks though.... I like those way too much :P.

SOOOOO I've written way too much and have much else to do, so till tomorrow.

OH foods-

post workout- sweet potato home fries, 2 eggs

3pm- dairy queen blizzard :(

630pm- rice and beefsteak soupish stuff

and a slice of cheesecake....

BUT a good workout and water all day. Baby steps.. baby steps

Current challenge
My Training

Rest is easy when the people you're around don't do anything :P its getting to the gym which is the hard part haha. But thanks for noticing! I noticed you're not counting calories this challenge.. is that harder for you to keep track and stay good? Or easier since you don't have to freak out at every little thing you eat? I've been thinking of starting to count again.. but that always gives me problems.

As soon as I can clean up my diet enough to be atleast semi primal, I want to start eating more to help out with my workouts and such. Right now I'm kinda just eating what's around/what I'm making for dinner type thing. Its alot harder now that I'm cooking for two, and starting our own kitchen pantry and such.. he's not big on trying to be healthy, but isn't opposed to eating a home cooked meal almost every night. So I got lucky there. Its the whole transition thing that's the big obstical. Once we get over the initial hurdle of settling in, I'm sure the routine will fall into place.

I'm still staying fairly clean with my foods but my main focus is to time my foods around my work outs which I seem to be doing ok with. Now I have moved to gvt sessions (10 repsx 10 sets) I am noticing fatigue again after the session etc, when I get fatigued I feel like eating & I am trying to eat healthy but have also had a few blowouts. Will do measurements next week & see if any progress but I do feel stronger :-)

Glad to hear you are settling in well!

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Kel its good that you're listening to your body though, and realiing when/if you need to eat more :) I'm assuming you upped the weights since you decreased the reps this challenge? Sounds good to me!

And goodwince, surprisingly I didn't loose much weight. I think my body reacted in the "save yourself" mode and didn't really let me drop too much weight. I stayed around 146-150 for the whole time. I really started freaking out though cause for a while my workouts still increased, but after a point my workouts reaaallllyyyy started to suffer, like, was way too sore to even get up 95lbs on the PC... which is my warmup pretty much. SO that was like my low point and it was relatively up from there. But yeah, I wasn't counting officially, but was probably averaging around 500-1000 calories a day depending on what mom cooked for dinner/ if we went out to eat/ if I ate dessert and stuff. Twas bad!  

Current challenge
My Training

Today was an awesome workout! Hit a new PR on the power clean, ran a mile without stopping, and climbed a rope... twice! :D

PC&J (power, then from the hang)

45 warmups

65 warmups

95lbs x5

110lbs x5

115lbs x2

125lbs x2

135lbs x3!!! failed a couple, but then got it up 3 in a row!

115lbs x2

lots of 95lb hang cleans

then ran 1 mile in 8 mins without stopping woop.. although it hurt mentally, i think my body can handle it haha

then showed chad how to rope climb and owned it a couple times myself :P

we were going to take a rock climbing class that our gym has (a whole climbing room!) but the guy was in a meeting. ho hum, next time!

down to 152 fully clothed. yes I'm pretty much weighing myself every day... oh well.

Hoping today will be another only water day :) Don't see why it wouldnt be! Off to do taxes and big girl and boy stuff that's called growing up.. meh. lol.

till tomorrow

Current challenge
My Training

Wow your form was pretty good! I think it's obvious the weight is too light for you haha. Real form oddities will come out as you get heavier! Congrats. Glad you got Chad going to the gym with you.. it'll make it more fun!

You know your starvation diet just further proves that I should eat more. I suspected your answer to be this. I've upped my calories by about 3-400 so far. Going to slowly increase and measure weekly. I'm jealous of your rock climbing area in your gym! That's intense!!

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Thanks Loren! I appreciate your input :-)

And yes you're right good wince lol I have no say in what others eat as of yet... Sucks cause so many people can give great advice but can't fix or help themselves. I can imagine how you feel upping your calories... Right now I'm iffy about eating but getting back along where I've been and should be. Definitely can't say it helps living with someone but yep that's life.

And yeah that's 95 lbs on the bar. That's pretty much my warm up weight :P shoulda had Chad take a video of me at my new PR later that workout of 135!! Bet it woulda been pretty sloppy.

Current challenge
My Training

Today was a crappy HIIT day, posting from a tablet so excuse any crappiness

30/30 sprints for 10 mins

40# single arm kb swing x10 x3

20 box jumps x3

8 burpees x3

200m row x3

Then another rope climb

Then done

Sucked, was super lethargic and sore haha maybe eat more.

Today I ate

9am- a waffle

1pm post- Turkish beef kabob no rice

6pm- 6 wings and a brownie

Not calorie counting, just watching what I eat. Also third day in a row of only water thank God. And sadly longest I've gone not drinking alcohol since I turned 21.... Is that sad? Don't answer that lol

Woooooooooooooooooooooop

Current challenge
My Training