Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

All looked good to me, I was never coached in them but it looked fine :-)

Honest, I really don't think you have any problems body wise and should just eat what you want (within limits etc) and train.

You look fab & I'm so happy you are working out with the man :-)

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Thanks Kel :-) I know I should be content with my body but its really hard sometimes to not see where I could be lol. The numbers screw with my head too. Someday I'll get over it!

Today was a good deadlift day.

45 warmups

95x5

135x5 x3

155x5 x3

185x5 x2

205x3 x2

215x2 x2

155x5

135x5

Went with extra sets at the beginning cause I didn't think it was going to be a good workout, but I just kept going :-)

Dips x4 x3

Leg lifts x15 x3

Chinups x3 x3

Then done :-)

And the best part is that it's sunny out!!!!

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

What? No.. you're always welcome to give input on what I eat! You're a smart girl.. you just make the same mistakes as me :tongue: It's easier for us give advice then it is to take it sometimes haha. Just look some of the best coaches.. why aren't they in optimal shape?

I was teasing you a bit, but  I asked about your weightloss that wasn't teasing though. That was just an anecdotal assessment to give me reassurance that I'm not the only one making the mistake and it not working so in my reassessment I'm more apt to go higher on the cals. 

I think you're doing great. I'm glad you're back!

And I have times where drinking isn't exactly the best routine, but it happens. You'll know when it becomes a problem lol

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

What? No.. you're always welcome to give input on what I eat! You're a smart girl.. you just make the same mistakes as me :tongue: It's easier for us give advice then it is to take it sometimes haha. Just look some of the best coaches.. why aren't they in optimal shape?

I was teasing you a bit, but  I asked about your weightloss that wasn't teasing though. That was just an anecdotal assessment to give me reassurance that I'm not the only one making the mistake and it not working so in my reassessment I'm more apt to go higher on the cals. 

I think you're doing great. I'm glad you're back!

And I have times where drinking isn't exactly the best routine, but it happens. You'll know when it becomes a problem lol

Lol I went a whole 4 days without drinking haha. Then I had a jack and coke with the man..kinda hard to say no when he makes one for me without telling me.

And yeah I definitely don't suggest not eating enough calories while still working out to lose weight. Although guys have different hormones that may make you actually lose weight while doing it but regardless it's not healthy.

IM glad Im back too :-) missed how sane it made me feel

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

Today was a much needed snatch day! Love snatch day cause it's such a stress buster.

Barbell snatch- power then hang for up to 75#

45 warmups

65 x5

75 x5

80 x1

85 x3

90 x5-8 lost count, did alot

65 lots of hang snatches

Rawed my hands in a couple spots and took a good chunk of skinfrom my thumb area so after the 85-90s it really started to hurt. Only failed a couple 90s so that's good, was gonna go for 95, but the skin loss prevented me haha

Ran 1 mile in a sucky 8 mins

Ab burnout w decline bench and 15# medicine ball (Russian twists and situps)

Another day with no cramps!!! And down to 150.... Haven't been here in a while!! We bought a new Jeep grand cherokee so we needed to stop spending as much/ going out to eat so much which is really helping. Minus the drunken frozen pizza we made at 11 last night haha.

Went up to the Olympic mountain range yesterday to check it out. Found out we're getting aaaaaalot of money back for taxes and as of now it's going to help with some good mountain climbing gear. Excited :-) also since Chad got his new Jeep he promised me an r1 sport bike (dream bike) sooner than later. Probably once I get a job.

Anyways. Time to go on with the day!

Current challenge
My Training

Back to where I've been with squats!! Went into it today not feeling that great body was sore and mentally not all there, but turns out my body still has it in it :) No cramps today either!

Back squat (low bar)

45 warmups

95lbs x10

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x3 x2

185lbs x3

190lbs x2 x3 WOOP

175lbs x3 ouch

155lbs x3

135lbs x5 x2

climbed the rope

then dunnnn

had a big burly clearly ex lifter come over to me and give me advice that my stance was too wide, first time I heard that. He said my form was fine and I wasn't going to hurt myself but it could help if i brought my stance closer together. I don't know if I'm going to do that, I feel pretty comfortable where I am and am working hard on driving my knees out and keeping my center of balance over the center of my feet.

Anyways eating is going well too. Had a few beers last night which I wasn't too happy with but oh well did it to myself. Feeling fine though and can still see changes as my stomach tightens in to where it was before the cross country move.

Power clean day tomorrowwwwwww

foot still isnt hurtinggggggggg

uhhhm yep thats pretty much it for now

Current challenge
My Training

Thanks kel, I suppose its definitely the point of everything to enjoy it. People get so lost including myself sometimes they forget what's important.

Today was a quickie Power clean and jerk day

45 warmups (in which the thumb where i skinned it doing snatches the other day hindered my jerks :()

65lbs hang clean x5

95lbs x5 power then hang

115lbs x5

125lbs x5

130lbs x2

135lbs x2 (failed twice)

115lbs x3

95lbs hang cleans x3

then I ran a mile, feeling better, didn't stop due to boredom or hurting! Figured thats a good sign.

Just ate a chicken breast but the hubby just called and told me to meet on base for lunch, can't say no to a turkish kabob so I'm gunna go. Chicken is pretty much just protein ;P

Got alot to do this week, chad went back to work and I need to get my life together. Calling my school today and re-registering for my online classes, also going to try to change my major to psychology since fire science isnt really doing it for me. Then I want to call a state trooper recruiter and get my name in even further. Might even call the Washington EOD unit I'm supposed to be training with, that my 1SG hasn't gotten me in contact with yet... even though he said he would like 2 weeks ago.....

ANYWAYS. Off to base.. again. Mild headache, think its a fatigue headache, haven't been sleeping great and when I do sleep I have the weirdest screwiest dreams. And then theres the cat.. always jumpin all over me.

Current challenge
My Training

Aaaaaand back and feeling alot better than I did the other day. Yesterday I took a rest day and got a deep tissue massage (chad told me I should... lol) and it was fantastic. I also took sleeping pills the other night so I slept like a rock. Didn't even notice chad waking up and getting ready for work till he told me he was leaving haha.

Anyways today was a volume squat day. Figured might as well go along with the whole low weight high rep thing for the week.

Back squat

95lbs x10

135lbs x8, x7, x6, x5, x4, x3, x2, x1

155lbs x5, x4, x3, x2, x1

175lbs x3, x2, x1

by the end of this my legs were JELLO

then x3 of

dips x3

chin up leg lift x5

40lb KB single arm swing x10

then decline bench 15lb medicine ball twists (ab burnout)

shoulder mobility

1 rope climb (all the way up!)

DUN

I love the rope climb at the end. Its so great.

Anyways finally got a response from not only my 1SG about the email I send him 3 weeks ago, but also the State Trooper recruiter I contacted a week or so ago. He's looking into my application for the May 4 test date. WOOOOOOP so pumped. I hope I get in.

HUNGRY. I made lasagna last night (SO GOOD) but I ate way too much of it and caused me to be water retention bloated today (had like 4 bottles of water). BUT chad came home with another bottle of Jack and I resisted. He told me the other day he wanted to do a week of no drinking mostly to proove we can but I guess he wasn't serious haha. I now associate drinking with not only questionable texts to people and spilling guts but also sleepless nights. I was afraid last night was going to be sleepless too cause I woke up and my mind started racing but I got back to sleep thank goodness.

Trying to do pushups (10) every half hour when I'm home. I'll start at noon since I'm still jellowy. And shakey. I started yesterday and did 5 or 6 sets. The state police and town police have a fitness test involving pushups and its been so long since I really focused on them that I scared myself yesterday when 10 hurt me. Haha. Ouch. I have till mid april for the townie interview/test and till may 4 for the statie.

Lets do itttttttt

PS I think another tattoo is in my near future

Current challenge
My Training

Just got back from a couple days hiking through the Olympic mountains. Spent the night out there in a tent and nearly froze to death haha good time. Hiked mountainous terrain for maybe 7-8 miles the first day and 5-6 the second.

Day before was a snatch day that I hit 95!!! Only once though then failed a couple times only to deload.

Not sure what im gonna do today but it looks like im overdue for a PC day. But my shoulders are kinda sore from the 40# pack I lugged around all weekend haha. So may do a light deadlift day. Wwweeeeellllll see. Either way I definitely need to run more and work on dem pooshups againin

Current challenge
My Training

So just got back from the gym.... Or trying at the gym lol. No go. My 65# warmup power cleans felt like my 95#, and it got worse from there lol. Realized how sore my shoulders were but underestimated my hips from the mountain climbing lol ouch!!!

Power clean and some jerks lol

65x 5 hang clean

95x 8 some hangs Some power some jerks

105x 5 no hangs all power

So I was planning on dreadmill running too but I said I would be so much happier if I did it later outside. So ima do it tonight down the road. Yeaaahp.

Two weeks till the police test... Gotta get those pushups down and going to run every other day at least. Legit. I wanna own those guys.

Current challenge
My Training

decided on doing lighter volume lifts for the two weeks coming up to the police exams. don't want to put on more muscle than I need to that could hinder my run time or even pushups.

last night i went for a 1.85 mile run! it felt great and it definitely helped that it was super nice out (in washington, what?!)

this morning-

deadlift

95lbs x10

135lbs x10, x9, x8, x7, x6, x5, x4, x3, x2, x1 tried to minimize rest time, finished in about 15 mins

155lbs x5, x4, x3, x2, x1, x2, x3, x4, x5 eya buddy was tired after this one

then

35lb single arm KB swing x10 x3

dips x3 x3

hanging leg lifts x5 x3

ouch

and done

gunna keep it light. will probably go for that run again tonight in hopes that my knees dont start acting up. or my foot. and will continue to do my random sets of pushups! starting on sets of 15 today. working up to sets of 20 by next week. found the higher rep sets of pushups i do obviously i can do more on a test. hard top believe my last PT test I did 56 in 2 minutes... and I trained every day doing tons of sets of 20... very easily. oh i miss the days of being a cardio bunny and weighing 130 lbs. ho hum.

yesterday I ate pretty well and I'm going to try to hold it over some more today. drinking lots of water and finally dropped the caffeine. evem went out to dinner last night and got a salmon salad. yummy. surprised myself caise this place was known for its burgers haha.

gunna cook up some stuffed peppers just cause i want them. dont care if chad wants them or not haha.

also scheduling my classes for school today!! switched my major to psychology with an emphasis on substance abuse. really excited for this.

also got a bird feeder and hung it outside the window. the birds found it today and my poor cat is going insane. hahahaha. poor kitty.

FOOD TIME

Current challenge
My Training

Today!

Body weight ftw

4 rounds of

200m row

35# kb high pull x10

15# medicine ball decline bench twist (bounce?) X15

Decline bench situp x15

Box jump x20

Then 4 rounds of Stability ball

Single leg curl x5 ea leg

Plank elbow in/out (no idea what to call em) x20

Side plank up/downs ball between feet x10 ea side

Then random leg lifts and such

This surprisingly killed me haha was shaking pretty good

Done.... And locker room was closed again lol.

Well gonna call Kaplan now. Hopefully finish enrolling. Its a really nice day out! Walmart bound later to transfer my prescription for contacts.

Oh yesterday I ran the 1.85 mile loop again. Suckier time but steady I did it. Also did my pushups sets of fifteen probably four or five times. Fifteen again today and run maybe depending on how I feel. Unfortunately not losing the bf as fast as I'd like.

Also charger that I ordered for my computer should be coming soon so I can actually use my computer again. Yaaay no more stupid tablet. Also found out Chad needs to go to Missouri next month for a few weeks for training. And so it begins.

Current challenge
My Training

today! (in which last night i got sick again and was up for a couple hours.. no idea why/what/how and still feeling weird belly)

going along with my low weight high volume shtuff

back squat!

95lbs x10

135lbs x5 x5

155lbs x5, x3 x7 (total of 8 sets, went down on reps but up in sets)

95lbs x10 (which felt like nothing)

so that was interesting. pushed myself but at the same time didn't?

then rope climbed 3 whole times!! love hate relationship with the rope

then done

I really like the crossfit room they have. theres about 8 squat racks and all the plates are bumper plates. I think from now on I'm going to be using that room. people are rarely in it and its alot less stress about getting grilled by all the army guys out there in the main gym area. as much as I do love the other area. the only thing is they do classes in the crossfit area, so i'd have to get lucky if i'm gunna use it. we'll see!

So I was gunna add in some light bench today, but yesterday I did so many sets of pushups my triceps are very sore lol. I did sets of 15 on the hour for about 4 hours, then missed an hour and chad made me try for 30 to make up for it, i got to 25 and couldnt keep going (how sad is that). after that I did a couple more 10's every 15 minutes for about an hour, then one last 20 cause chad made me. today I'm going to do 15 every hour starting at 1 (when i normally do). its raining and i don't have anything to do today so i'm thinking ima veg all day. it'd be a good school work day but i dont have school work yet!

ummm. so yeah my stomach. no idea whats up this time since the meat i had for dinner was pre-cooked (keilbasa yum) and after that i had frozen yogurt (thanks, chad) from coldstone. I had a couple drinks but that shouldn't have done anything. Idk. If I had to guess I would assume it was the frozen yogurt and its sugar content that my body isn't used to from my trying to eat clean. but usually that only happens when i eat ALOT so I have no idea. its still crampy/feels empty/hurts right now even though for breakfast (i was starving when i woke up) i had a bagel a yogurt and a slice of toast with peanut butter on it. probably not the smartest move but oh well. just gunna keep the water coming. I want to eat again but i ate so much for breakfast so I have to remind myself that.

anyways i've written way to much, time to sulk around the house with nothing to do!

Current challenge
My Training

aaand today in which my stomach still hurts but screw it lol

actually got to use the crossfit room all to myself! it was amazing, untill this very large muscular man walked in and started doing power cleans right next to me, warming up with my body weight. ho hum.,

Power clean and jerk (power then hang for up to 95)

65 warmups x5

95lbs x5

105lbs x6

115lbs x7

95lbs x5

rope climb, done with the gym

came home and ran 1.5 miles in the rain. felt nice, but felt hard since i ate like CRAP yesterday because of my stomach issue (including dominoes for dinner)

this morning after i picked oreo up i was starving so had some cheerios with almond milk and a granola bar. then hit the gym. after the gym i was starving too, but chad comes home soon and dont want to blow my chance to go out for lunch maybe so i just had some greek yogurt.

today i;m gunna start doing pushups again. i didn't yesterday cause of the soreness and the belly. probably should have. but today i'll do my 15's again.

should be an un eventful day.

Current challenge
My Training

You seem to be rocking those gym sessions, I too love having the gym to myself, which fortunately for me happens 90% of the time as I try to time my sessions out of the busy hours & I go to a small gym.

Hope yah stomach issues go away, chow Kel.

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Hey allllllllllll

its been quite a while since I posted :P Sorry!

In the last week or two, I've taken the townie police exam, passed it with an 84 (average is 75, so that's good) and I got a 200 out of 200 on the fitness test! Woop! I kept up with all the guys and pretty much owned all the girls. It was actually kinda sad cause out of 10 or so of us, me and only one other girl passed the fitness part. It was only a 300m sprint in under 72 seconds, 1.5 mile run in under 15, at least 21 pushups and at lease 30 situps, to pass with the minimum! So yeah, kinda sad but pumped I passed everything with the highest score possible.

And I have the trooper exam/fit test on Sunday I think. I emailed them to make sure I'm on the list but I don't really know what I'll do if I don't get an email back.

I started classes, switched to Psychology with an emphasis on Substance Abuse, pretty pumped. But I totally forgot about my first seminar last night SOOOO backup credit here I come! Ugh.

What else... Oh! Landed a UXO job (bomb tech) in Guam for 4 weeks in May. Pretty spur of the moment but I'm SUPER excited about it. It'll be my first actual job other than presidential security here and there with my EOD badge. I also got offered a job in Afghanistan (UXO work), but its a year long. Me and Chad decided that if, after Guam and after my two weeks of training with my unit in July, the job is still available I'll go for it. I really want to go.

SO SInce I had those fitness tests I took it easy (light weight, high volume, lots of running/pushups/situps) for the last couple weeks and its starting to get really boring, and its hard to keep up with the slow pace of my workouts. So today I kinda said screw it :P

Weight updates-

Got my snatch up to 95lbs!!! I think next workout I'll hit 100.

Powerclean is still at 135, haven't gone higher cause they make me really sore and I can't have that right now.

Front squat is still at 155 with ease.

DL'd 205 today with ease, but dunno if I could hit 235 again just yet.

ANYWAYS todays workout was fun

Deadlift

95lbs x10

135lbs x10 x3

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x5 x2

205lbs x3 x3

then a cycle x4 of

deadlift 135lbs x5

t-pushups 10lbs x10

KB high pulls 35lbs x10

then played on the rings trying to do dips, pullups and such.

then called it a day.

I think later today I'm going to go for a run since its been a couple days.

So two days ago I had a full physical for the Guam job, and they weighed me in at 159!!!!!! WHAAAATTTTTT! So I got all upset and Chad bought us a bathroom scale which that night told me I was infact 159-160. HOLY SHYTE. But the next morning I got on it I was 154. Lol. Love my body... NAHT. So since we got the scale I've been floating around 154-156. Its no surprise I've gained weight cause my workouts have been slow and Chad and I go out to eat a lot.. and I'm not eating as clean as I could cause he has no interest in trying to watch what he eats. Aaaaand I've honestly been drinking too much too. But I'm slowing that down too. I did however take coffee back up. Oh well.

That's a pretty thorough update I think. Oh yeah, pissed about the boston bombings the other day. my unit got activated but I'm way over here in frigin seattle so I couldn't help out. Oh well.

Off to the real world

Current challenge
My Training

back squat

95lbs x10

115lbs x10

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x3 x2

190lbs x2 x1

195lbs x2 x2

then circuit x3

back squat 135lbs x5

35lb high pull KB x10

3x ea arm DB snatch 50lb

KB swing 35lb x10

the energy in the crossfit room was awesome this morning so I had a great workout and pushed myself. twas nice!

Current challenge
My Training

thanks kel! I really am, on the good days anyways. its a hit or miss.

so haven't slept much in the last... well.. cant really sleep anymore. lets just say that. but. I got my coffee and it gets me to the gym every day. literally, I have had one day off the last 2 weeks. hell yea. haha.

today was PC day because last night was extra bad with not sleeping. went easy. not gunna post it but I finally got a video. its crappy but better than my last one, and its 115#

th_VIDEO0053_zpsd52f1a35.jpg

Current challenge
My Training

Hey guys! Only one week till my PT test. Which means only a couple more days to train up for my pushups, situps, and run. Sucks cause I got a 6 hour plane ride and a night of terrible sleeping before the PT test though. Not looking forward to that, but hopefully I'll max everything I need to (42+ pushups, 80+ situps (2 mins) and a sub 15m 2 mile, which should be easy). 

I haven't really been tracking my workouts, I kinda just go to go. I've been spending alot of time at the track doing 300m sprints (for the police academy fitness test), and some bodyweight stuff there. 

I've been working hard on snatches too. I really want to finally hit 100 (stuck at 90-95 still), but I'm focusing more on my pu/su's so I don't want to go too heavy cause it might effect my progress. I'm feeling good about my run though, since Guam I've lost a lot of my muscle weight so I'm back to my faster times. After my PT test/PAT test (police) I'm going to start going heavy again and see what kind of progress I can make. Unless I get into the November Academy in which case I'll probably be MIA for 6 months again. 

Anyways, I do remember what I did Saturday:

Powerclean (no jerk)

45 warmups

65lbs x10 hangs

85lbs x5 power then hang (so 10 total)

95lbs x3 power then hang

115lbs x5

120lbs x5

125lbs x2 (started failing)

95lbs x5

Snatches (just cause, didnt go heavy)

45 warmups

65lbs x5 floor then hang

75lbs x5 

terrible balance so didn't want to continue

3 rope climbs

Sunday:

Deadlift

45 warmups

95lbs x10

115lbs x10

135lbs x5 

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x5 

185lbs x3 x2

205 x2 x4

185lbs x3

135lbs x5

My PR is currently 235lbs, but I didn't want to go super heavy yesterday, it was hard to stop increasing the weight though lol. 

then a circuit of-

medicine ball pushups (diamond) x10 x3

35lb single arm KB swing x10 x3

24in box jump x15 x3

20 situps x3

then a medicine ball PU burnout (diamonds) of about x10, x5, x5, x4 collapse lol. 

Today is supposed to be a sprint day, but its pouring out. I'm going to make my way to the track/gym/on base maybe do a 2 mile road run followed by a few 200m sprints just to keep on it. Knees are acting up too but not as bad as they've been. 

Current challenge
My Training

Well the rain cleared up just enough to make it a nice run day! 

2 mile road run around base 

went to the track- 

300m sprint in 48 seconds (yay!, average is 52)

200m sprint x2 in 32, 35sec

100m sprint x2 untimed

one lap (400m) cool down. 

usually I do more 100m's, but it was a mile more than i was used to warming up, and I didn't plan on doing 2 200m's so I took it kinda easy. Good day though! Happy with my 300m (i hate 300's so sosososososo much). 

now eating a turkey egg and cheese sandwich and about to do the rest of my school work for the day. 

tomorrow is my medical exam for the police dept. then if i pass its on to the polygraph and thats the last step in the hiring process! so nervous/excited!

Current challenge
My Training