Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

The most interesting part of Air Assault were the people I met, and my awesome barracks roommate. The most boring part of Air Assault was Air Assault. The most painful part of Air Assault was formation every day (oh National Guard Soldiers, you never fail to disappoint). The best part of Air Assault is that I will never do it again :P

When you coming back, lainsos?

I imagine everything seems a lot more boring now that you're done with Air Assault school.. although I bet it feels nice to finally wind down!

It sounds like you had an excellent time. I'm jealous of you. I find it funny you ran into another person into NF and Rippetoe, etc. Sometimes it's weird how easily we gravitate towards people. It makes me always think about how small the world really is! I mean I manage to find the one person this past weekend from the same place in Alabama as me. Pretty wild!

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

The most interesting part of Air Assault were the people I met, and my awesome barracks roommate. The most boring part of Air Assault was Air Assault. The most painful part of Air Assault was formation every day (oh National Guard Soldiers, you never fail to disappoint). The best part of Air Assault is that I will never do it again :P

When you coming back, lainsos?

Haha we met some pretty interesting people huh? I left with having barely anyones contact information since the last day was so hectic and such. Just facebook creeped a few of them but for the most part I'm sure I'll never see any of those people again. Good to see you've got your account working right for you and you found me!

Formations.. I would like to forget all about those.. and pushing left.. and it always being our fault :P. And definitely seconded the most boring and the best part.. although the blackhawk was pretty cool for us first timers!

And what do you mean coming back? To edwards or from the DNC? Edwards.. I'll be there on a weekly basis I'm sure. DNC we leave on friday afternoon!

I imagine everything seems a lot more boring now that you're done with Air Assault school.. although I bet it feels nice to finally wind down!

It sounds like you had an excellent time. I'm jealous of you. I find it funny you ran into another person into NF and Rippetoe, etc. Sometimes it's weird how easily we gravitate towards people. It makes me always think about how small the world really is! I mean I manage to find the one person this past weekend from the same place in Alabama as me. Pretty wild!

Haha, I guess I need to get used to having free time to myself all over again. Something the military does a good job of making sure you get used to is never having a second to yourself. And I definitely think its funny how we naturally tend to gravitate towards people with similarities and such. Its always fascinating to me!

I needa go check on your stuff to see how you've been doing!

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

I needa go check on your stuff to see how you've been doing!

It hasn't been that special. My free time has been taken up by helping out on a side project and finally settling upon a job. Basically just posted workouts. I'm sure my friends are getting bored of my feed :P

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

It hasn't been that special. My free time has been taken up by helping out on a side project and finally settling upon a job. Basically just posted workouts. I'm sure my friends are getting bored of my feed :P

Haha, yeah same. Well , with the friends getting bored of my feed part :P. I saw you decided on a job! I'm so excited for you, I hope it helps with the whole feeling like you're doing the right thing, thing. Any progress on the side project? Ah, guess I can go check your thread and find out.

So this whole 12-12 shifts is making my body so confused. Lately my sleep schedule for the last 3 days had been sleep 3-4 (cause my body naturally wakes me up), stay up, maybe eat, idk, then sleep 6-10 or so, shower, then work midnight to noon. Today we got out early (at like 5am) and I came back and slept for a couple hours. I can tell my metabolism is already jacked up (hi coffee at 1am and 6am) and I cannot wait to get back to the gym.

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

Whenever I drink caffeine or switch up my schedule I feel jacked. And can feel the need to do something.. anything haha. I need to cut back on my side projects. I was working on 2 outside of work, but with the new job I kinda want to focus on one side project and work.

My biggest issue is letting people down. Lol. I don't like letting others down with my commitments, but I need some time to myself and to spend with my girlfriend. Plus I like to have time to read a book or two lmao.

I can't wait to see your workouts climb again. I know that it'll be getting adjusted first, but still I know they'll look good!

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

murrrrrr

carb flu is hitting early methinks. headache, tired, baaah. but! waited til 12 to eat, and went to the gym. so far-

12pm- 2 egg omelet w 2 slices of turkey and 2tlbs of salsa

230pm (post gym)- 1.5 scoops powder, banana, coconut milk smoothie

gym

10 min elliptical

10 pushups x2

25 situps (no foot hold) x2

deadlift

45lbs x10

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x4x1, x3x2 (in which one of the trainers came and watched my form)

135lbs x5 x2

did random chinups between sets

also did

dips x3 x4

chinups x2 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

shoulder mobility

FIN

gettin back on track

Current challenge
My Training

aaand foods for the day

12pm- 2 eggs omelet w turkey and salsa

230pm post wo- protein shake (1.5 scoops, banana, coconut milk)

630pm- chicken, walnut, apple salad

totals-

cals- 1047

burned- 398

carbs- 72g (yayy under 100!)

protein- 98g (okay but not great)

fat- 39g pretty decent

note- very hungry right now. very tired. very motivated that i'm on the right track. squats and/or pc tomorrow. yeeeeeee

Current challenge
My Training

Haha false motivation is bettter than no motivation is what i've heard.. still a struggle to get out of bed every morning :P

early gym day today! decided agains pc's because i didn't want to see how bad i sucked at them and feel like a load of crap the whole day haha.

10 min stair climber

10 pushups x2

15 decline situps x2

front squats

45lbs x5

65lbs x5x3

95lbs x5x3

105lbs x3x3

115lbs x2x3 (hit my pr i think, which is good- will have to check about that tho)

65lbs x5

dumbbell snatches

40lbs x4 ea arm

45lbs x5 ea arm

dips x3 x3

pullups x3 x3

trx pushups x10 x3

shoulder mobility

FIN

overall good workout considering its been a while since I squatted. i planned alot more after the squats but my legs were so jiggly and crap i could barely do the snatches confidently haha. i didn't think i was going to hit 115 but really glad i did. i was going to say something else but i dont remember so I'll leave it at that.

making breakfast soon then heading to the good ole bagel shop

Current challenge
My Training

foods-

11am- 2 egg omelet w turkey, protein shake

5pm- half a bagel

7pm- chicken, veggies, salsa, protein shake

totals-

cals- 1347

burned- 428

protein- 142g

carbs- 103g

fat- 42g

i think it went well! minus the caving in at work and having half a pumpkin bagel :(

Current challenge
My Training

Wow, these boards are bumpin! Had to scroll way down to reach my thread :P.

Today I had planned alot more than I did this morning. I decided 2 days straight at the gym hitting (5lbs off) my PR's after no working out for a good 3 1/2 weeks is enough, and today was sprint day. I was nervous sprinting today because of my knees. Since that 12 mile ruck/run in combat boots with 40lbs on my back needless to say my knees have been a wee bit jacked up. For a while even the slightest attempt at a run (running to catch up to people ect) made my knees throb. Like, sheering pain. So I took a few days after I got home and today was my first attempt.

I will say for the first half mile it was really surprisingly smooth. Felt like I was running on air, it was nice. So I got to the bottom of my road and they started hurting a little. Then I walk to turn around until I hit the first telephone pole, then I sprint 2 poles down. This wasn't terrible, just more uncomfortable. Towards the end of my sprints I had to walk longer distances cause my knees. Like I said, not sheering, but not completely comfortable. Now that I'm sitting down they hurt a bit too. Think I'm gunna hit the advil.

So workout summed up

1 mile run, 1 mile sprint/walk

was gunna throw in pushups/burpees/situps after but decided against it on my first run day back. next time!

Now to kill an hour before I can make breakfast. Gah fasts.

Current challenge
My Training

Silly lol. I just hold onto the last email sent and eventually chrome pulls up the URL upon a few types :P That's why I try to name my threads differently each time. More out of laziness than anything else!!

Hit the advil, but you should probably get some fish oil. Now that you're home ICE!! I iced by putting the same solo cup in the freezer to freeze and popped it out to rub on my legs. I think you should be careful and if you need time off take time off. Or at least cut down to the first bit of pain and stop then! You'll be able to get back up fairly quick if you don't seriously injure yourself. Just remember how stubborn your husband is and remember how stubborn you might be being on yourself!

Good job not missing much on your lifts btw! And your meals were really good too! Next challenge is coming up!

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Fish oil + glucosamine + ice = a crazy night :P

I totally forgot that now that I'm home I can ice my knees. Back when I lived in barracks I would go to the PX and get a frozen bag of peas or something to ice with, it actually worked pretty well. I like the solo cup idea though because then it like molds to your knee over time. Actually now that I think of it I think there should be a bag of ice in there from when I iced a few months ago.

Haha and I spose you have a point there regarding my husband and my stubbornness. Ugh. He's always telling me to take it easy too, whenever I complain. So I just learned to stop complaining and no one knows :P. I really should be easier on myself but hey I like challenges and I like pushing myself. Just have to know when enough is enough.

GAH so hungry. still 40 minutes till I can make some breakfastttt. Anyone reading this know what Martin says about counting fruit towards carb intake on LG? I'm gunna go check out his site. I realized this on the drive home today from the gym.. I'm scared of eating a banana because of the extra carbs it has in it that I can get somewhere else later in the day. Its a sad realization when you're afraid of fruit. (and yet I can sneak bites of bagels when we throw them out at night without guilt.. at the moment). Working at a bagel shop is a curse for a LG'er that is on an extreme under 100 carb-a-day cut. C'mon willpower!

Speaking of willpower (yes this is a rant-post), last night I almost lost it completely. Mom made awesome scallops over rice and it was really good. I don't know what got into me but for some reason I just wanted (needed) to go downstairs later that night and eat ALL the ice cream and eat ALL the bagels and eat ALL the chocolate.. but I didn't thank god. But seriously, food cravings/mild addictions is a scary thing.

Current challenge
My Training

todays mahhvolous gym outing

stair climber warmup

power clean and jerk (suck)

45lbs warmups

65lbs x3

95lbs x5

105lbs x5 (in which I deloaded to 95 again a few times to get)

95lbs x5 or 7ish idk.

(since I sucked so bad I decided to just keep going with the 95lbs over and over and over and try to get my confidence/groove back. Its not that I cant lift the weight, its that I dont have the confidence ect to get it up there. I know I can, i just need to suck it up and do it. its a mental block.)

jumprope x100 x4

decline pushups x10 x3

boxjumps x20 x3

decline situps x15 x3

kettlebell swing 25lbs x15 x3

then doubleunder practice where some nice gentleman helped me out with (only actually did a few and didnt keep the rhythm to keep at it).

then fin

wishing I did shoulder mobility cause they're really bothering me right now.

today was a nice social day at the gym. talked to a cop/ex-marine about my future and how to get there (bomb squad ect) and then talked with that guy that helped me out with the jump rope. ok so not that social but more than usual :P

now to read up on some crap and make breakfast

Current challenge
My Training

got home from work today and decided to go for a run 2.5 miles ish at a decent 7.5 mile minute pace

foods

11am 2 egg omelet w turkey, protein shake

7pm- shrimp and veggies in olive oil sauteed

also had a skim milk latte (bad me!) and a couple pieces of bagels here and there. hence why i chose to run

totals

cals- 1139? feel like i'm missing something

burned-689

carbs- 113g (aw)

protein- 104g (aw)

fat- 37g yeeee

so decent day, terrible on the carbs though. i think tomorrow I'm gunna try to fast all day until dinner time. less of course i decide to gym it. i have the day off but i don't know if i want to make it a rest day or not. i probably should considering my legs and arms and neck and shoulders are all sore (and knees sheering again thanks to my run tonight). we'll see though. i'll carry around a protein bar or something incase i decide to make it a workout day. we'll see! now to try to relax a bit with mango coconut tea and tv and books and leangains.com haha.

Current challenge
My Training

rest day!

1pm- 2 egg omelet w turkey, protein shake

6pm- mom made some chicken with sauteed veggies

had a couple handfuls of carrots

will probably have something else later

totals-

cals- 933 (hmm)

burned- nil (less you count shopping)

protein- 76g

carbs-62g

fat- 42g

lets see

Current challenge
My Training

ugh im getting no where. just gunna stop eating and see how that works out for me..

frustrated at letting myself go to the point of no definition in my belly at all anymore. i realize that it took longer than a week to lose it and its definitely going to take more than a week to get it back.

good news- got new (expensive) shoes. the guy had me run on a treadmill and recorded my stride for about a minute. slow motion showed that my ankles are pronated (? i think about what he said) in the sense that when I run my ankle collapses in on itself on the inside while my feet stay in a straight line. Does that make sense to anyone? I don't remember exactly the science to it but that's basically what it looks like. so the shoes have a good amount of support on the inside of my foot that should help the ankle twisting. which in turn will help the knees from twisting and taking all the impact. will probably take them out for a run tomorrow!

Current challenge
My Training

this mornings gym fiasco

5 min stair climber warmup

random barbell warmup crap

deadlift

45lbs x10

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x3

155lbs x5 x3

185lbs x5 x1

200lbs x1 x2!!! (PR!!)

185lbs x3 x2

135lbs x5 x2

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

then

squat/press (is there a name for that?) w 45lbs x8 x4

pullup x2 x4 (sucking)

dips x4 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

decline weighted situps/twists to failure

shoulder mobility

FIN

so i realize i jumped the gun a little bit on hitting 200, but the 185's seemed so easy today so I figured hell why not right? worst comes to worst i cant do it and deload. but i did!! did 1 rep twice. Nahhht too shabby. Kinda made my day a lil bit.. did a little dance. :)

now to wait another two hours till I can eat.. then work. Then depending on how much coffee I drink there I may go for a run tonight. We shall see!

oh ps not down in weight at all.

Current challenge
My Training

so i got home from work today and decided to go for a run, another 2.5 mile one in my new shoes! knees hurt a lil but definitely not as bad as they've been. then i did 4 sets of 10 pushups and 20 situps. then dinna after my body calmed down and let me even think of food without wanting to puke.

11am- 2 egg omelet w turkey and protein shake

random bites of bagels and a skim milk latte ;) (talk about upset stomach!)

7pm- chicken breast w green beans, brussel sprouts, peppers in a coconut milk sauce yumm

not sure if i'm gunna have another protein shake again tonight or not

totals-

cals- 1189

burned- 815

carbs- 95g yee

fat- 37g

protein- 113g

so another day of low carbs and fat which is good i think. carb flu is almost gone (may just be the coffee), and i'm proud of myself for tracking the bagel bites and stuff that i take at work. a while ago i probably would have just pretended like i never really ate that stuff, which makes for very inaccurate logs. burned calories for the day seem a little high, but because of the RPE of this morning and the amt i lifted, pace i went at I counted a little more than usual. also the run and calisthenics at the end of the day was accounted for too.

tomorrow is squat day and another 11-6 shift! its a sunday though so i don't know how much i'm going to get done at the gym. gunna try to go early again to beat the crowd. We'll see though!

now to go help mom with some of the reception/celebration stuff for me and chad's wedding party :P (talk about no motivation!)

Current challenge
My Training

Not down in weight is ok since you're gaining some muscle it sounds like lol. Tomorrow I'm checking my weight, but after today I feel like crap lol. Got carried away on some cheese and crackers, but just ate protein for dinner to make up for it.

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Haha its funny how the little things can make us feel like such crap! I want to know why my stomach won't flatten out like it used to when I dieted this intensely in the past. It stinks cause I can't really figure out what I'm doing differently that's making this transition back so difficult and lengthy. So sticking it out longer and longer, thinking a carb refeed is in my near future.

today at the gym was eh. i think the fasted training got to me along with the weird dreams and crappy nights sleep last night. I woke up starving (at 0630), it subsided a little bit only to come back during my workout and now that i'm done with my workout its rawring at me to eat. I have to work at 11 this morning though so I may break the fast at say 1030 or so to get a breakfast in. either that or i'll wait till i get to work to eat something there (bad idea). so needless to say it wasn't one of my best workouts but i didn't lose anything when it comes to back squats which I am super pumped about. the calisthenics towards the end of the workout suffered, not the squats.

workout

stair climber warmup

barbell stretches

back squat

65lbs x10

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x5 x3

135lbs x5 x3

155lbs x3 x3

135lbs x3

95lbs x5

so didnt make a new pr but didn't fall below my old one, stoked to be honest because its been a while

jumprope x100 x3

decline situps x15 x3

box jumps x20 x3

decline pushups x10 x3

kettle bell swing 25lbs x15 x3

was going for 4 rounds but i could barely make three. no mobility, no swim per planning last night, but okay with that.

honestly happy with my workout regardless of feeling like crap after i finished my squats. first squat day back generally feels like that for me though because my legs get all jellowy.

so challenge ends tomorrow (today?) and i have no idea what i want my next challenge to look like. actually ok so i have some idea but i'm not 100% sure of anything yet. thinking its going to be a good one though :).

Current challenge
My Training

foods

1030 protein shake

1pm salad greens, chicken, goat cheese

periodic bites of bagels

6pm- slice of cheese pizza, frozen yogurt

so went out with a friend tonight and we watched a band play and ate pizza. it was a nice time. now having some frozen yogurt before bed! didn't mean for it to be a carb refeed day, but i think my body needed it and i'm excited for the gym tomorrow and more PC attempts.

totals-

cal- 1407

burned- 408

carbs- 157g

fat- 46g

protein- 98g

was a good day! now to stay up late and sleep in tomorrow to do it all over again, minus work :)

Current challenge
My Training

You're doing awesome and I'm glad you got to do a carb refeed. I've been doing too much of that lately haha. I'm going to cut back and really start focusing though. So interestingly I don't know what I'm going to do for the next challenge because I want to workout at work, but all they have is a 3d smith machine actually called the Jones Machine. No powercleans.. It's going to be hard to get some explosive movements in!

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Ew a smith machine and thats it? You know, I've been watching some of the guys at my gym on the smith machine, and they do this awesome-looking jump/split-squat/one-legged-squat thing over and over. I'll try to find a video, but it looks pretty explosive and something you can't really do on a normal squat rack unless you have superb balance. I have no idea what I want to do either.. well, workouts are a given, but my life goal(s)? I have absolutely no idea. I tried to talk to my husband about it.. doing something different where I can learn, maybe an interactive class or something... and all he suggested was a pottery class. Hahaha. So no to that! I was looking into Food Addicts in Recovery group sessions, I think I could benefit from something like that, and it would be interesting, but I don't know.

TODAYYYY

in which i experiment with jack3d and have tingly-burning sensations all over my body :P

So I read Martin's review on jack3d, and alot of the guys in the army use it, and it was on sale for half off this week at GNC, so i decided I'd give it a go. I tried a single scoop with about 8oz of water about 30 minutes before my workout. About 15 minutes after drinking it my face started tingling (my face, really?) and following that my fingertips were doing the same thing, and my whole body kinda felt like it was burning. it wasn't bad, and I never felt sick or like I was going to pass out or puke or anything, it was just an interesting experience. I don't really know if it helped with my workout other than having the focus to keep going, cause it felt like a relatively normal workout. guess maybe I was just less tired?

anyways, so the gym

barbell stretches and warmups and crap

PC & J (for reference- i do 1, reset the bar, then do another ect)

65lbs x2

95lbs x10 (yes, 10, trying to get my groove back)

105lbs x5 (YAY CONSECUTIVE!!!!! (no failed attempts))

110lbs x5 (YAY AGAIN!)

115lbs x2 (SUPER YAY)

95lbs x2

dumbbell snatch- 45lbs x3 ea arm, 50lbs x3 ea arm, 55lbs x3 ea arm x2

dips x3-4 x4

chinups x2 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

ab burnout w decline situps w 25lb plate

shoulder mobility

DUNNN

so PC days are getting better! I only did 2 115's because i failed at my 3rd and 4rth attempt and didnt want to fight with the bar. at 110 i failed a few times so i deloaded back to 65 and did some hang cleans to really focus on my hip drive (also a reason i chose snatches- to work on hip drive and explosiveness). overall very happy with my progress (finally) with power cleans. i had almost given up on them entirely since i was sucking so bad at them. but then i thought about how stupid it is to give up on something you suck at- keep going with it and make it your bitch :P (what i learned from AA school).

so omelet time, relax until my cousin calls then going to rescue them from their crazy step mom.

Current challenge
My Training