Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

I think the creatine helps on both days, I think it makes up for my lack of carbs in giving my muscles the energy they need to get a decent workout. But I could be crazy.

Speaking of sickness, I think I have a soy intolerance. Every time at work I make myself some soy anything my stomach goes to crap. So needless to say I'm no longer going to be making myself soy anything, or milk anything.. cause thats not good either.

Got home from the bagel shop and ran 2.5 miles. Its starting to get dark early :(

foods

11- 2 eggs and bacon, protein shake

periodic pieces of bagels, soy vanilla suga free chai

7pm- pork chop

totals-

cals- 1107

burned- 519

carbs- 84

protein- 103g ugh

fat- 44g

so i really need to stop eating crap at work. I'm going to make it a goal of mine to STOP eating the bagels, cookies, scones, and muffins at work. I can munch on the chicken and strawberries and goat cheese, but NO MORE BAGEL COOKIE CRAPPPP GAH.

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Mmm.. goat cheese.. I had a goat cheese Popsicle last night. Amazing!

I had pizza last night and regretted it 10 minutes later haha. That was intense. Perfect challenge to start eating healthier for me lol. Good for you on figuring out something you could still snack on because you don't want to limit yourself completely. Just remember momentum is everything. When I quit drinking sodas. At first I would drink occasionally then a few months past (soda was an easy one to give up). I'd have one on an outing occasion or with pizza ironically. I had a thing for pizza and coke. Now I look at people and see their excuse for doing something and know that they could get passed it because I don't have that same relationship with a soda anymore.

All that to say one simple thing. The longer you go without the faster that relationship will change and you'll no longer want it. Even as people eat it right in front of you. For me though if my temptation got too bad. I'd just have one or a "sip".

We can get there together. :] You're better at food than I am.

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Goat cheese... popsicle??

Andddd I don't know if I'm better at food, haha. Luckily I was never really into soda. The only time I have it now is when I'm out with the guys and they're all getting drunk and I don't want to just be drinking water. Pizza on the other hand.. That one is tough for me. I told my husband I wouldn't have it again until we saw each other but its the kind of thing where I don't even realize I did it until its too late :P.

I did however invest in some candy to lay around the house in an attempt to "exercise my self control muscle" haha. I read in my book that the more you exercise self control the easier it is to avoid things. So I invested in Hershy's drops (my husband and my favorite, cookies and creme ;)) and some Reeses because those are my ultimate weakness, and I put them in places I will look at every day (one infront of my TV, one in bedside table drawer and the other in my workout clothes drawer :)). Hopefully this will help. My goal is to still have them come xmas time when I go back to Korea.

I did notice yesterday I didn't pick at a single bagel!! I did pick at the muffins, but no bagels.. figured first step :). Today is my carb refeed day so I made a bagel and took it home with me today.

Ugh what a mood I've been in lately, hhaa.

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

workout today after a bagel and a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG day of work. (40$ in tips though, not bad!!!)

DEADlift

45lbs xwarmup

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x5 x2

185lbs x5 x2

195lbs x3 x2

200lbs x2 x3 (pr on reps, not weight)

135lbs x5 x2

yeeeeeeeee

dips x5 x3

chinups x2 x3

trx pushups x10 x3

bosu ball leg curls for a bit

then fin

so todays workout was based off of exhaustion and aggression. I did NOT want to be at the gym, everything hurt already, and everything was annoying me (seems to be my mood of the last couple days, a terrible place to be in). so I was going to do DL and squats but decided to just beat myself up with the DL instead.

carb refeed day. had a bagel earlier and planning on chocolate chip pancakes later on tonight (been the plan for over a week now!) just hope I can make myself actually do it.

meh.

meeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Current challenge
My Training

Mmm.. chocolate chip pancakes. And that DL day sounds awesome!! Yes goat cheese Popsicle. Kinda reminded me of a more delicious fudge popsicle from my childhood. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

lol. Btw that book has some interesting tactics. Might have to give it a read and a try!

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Mmm goat cheese compared to fudge.. you've got me intrigued.

todays

back squat

45lb warmups

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

165lbs x3 x3 (pr)

135lbs x3 x2

then

jumprope x100 x3

diamond pushups x10 x3

situps no foothold x20 x3

35lbs KB swings x10 x3

then done

so not feeling it today

but made a pr so happy about that, felt like i coulda kept going but decided against it and to stick with my mental program of a slow progression.

side notes- need to drink more water. my lack of caring about anything lately has made me extremely dehydrated over the last couple days which is probably spiralling me even farther into the not caring about anything mindset. i need to get back on track eating-wise. carb-refeed day screwed my mindset, but i have been steady with the low carb days, but not picking the best choices. ummm.. work sucks. but made 70$ in tips over the weekend. nahht bad.

praying for a day off tomorrow!

Current challenge
My Training

foods

3pm- chicken, goatcheese salad

6pm- tuna melt, tomato soup, 2 cookies

totals

cals- 954

burned- 378

carbs- 126

protein- 62

fat- 36

so today i was about an hour into work when i lost sight in my left eye.. usually a precursor to a migrane. so i let the girl i was working with know that i was probably going to be useless in 20 minutes.. which i absolutely was. so bad that i called my boss asking for a replacement to i could go home. and i did. passed out for a couple hours. it was that about-to-puke migrane and it hurt. still kinda hurts. so today diet hasn't been #1 on my priorities.

i have tomorrow off though!! :D:D:D:D:D

Current challenge
My Training

fuck powercleans. pardon my english but seriously.

I was so pumped about the gym today and the second I started PC's i just got pissed off. Didn't help I had a whole bunch of built up aggression and my lack of success at putting up the 115 made it worse, so my mood spiraled, haha.

PC's

45lbs warmups

65lbs x2

95lbs x5

105lbs x4

115lbs x2, x3 fail

deload 105lbs x2

110lbs x2 xfail

deload 95lbs xa few

105lbs x2

95lbs x2

i think the messyness of what i was doing didnt help the whole situation either. i just got so pissed off that i didnt care about structure, kept deloading and reloading just to try to get it. i think i'm done with cleans.

bench

45lbs x10

65lbs x10 x2

85lbs x5 x3

95lbs x5 x2

100lbs x3 x3

then with all this built up hatred

jumprope x50 x4-5 idk

switched between KB (35lbs) swing x10

& burpees x8 x4-5

shuttle sprints (down, back, down faster, back sprint, maybe 10m?) x4-5

then cycled thru this for a little bit to try to alleviate the aggression. it worked. came home and puked :P

now enjoying an ice coffee and some BCAAs before i head out for an oil change. oh days off how i love you.

Current challenge
My Training

First off I'm sorry about the migraine.. : / That freaking blows and sounds horrible... Perhaps the way you're attacking power cleans is wrong? I'm not a PC expert lol.. But take some vid with your phone or something and do it with a doable weight. I mean I was watching clean & jerk video and they were correcting some lifter's form who was lifting crazy amounts of weight lmao.

Eventhough PCs aren't crazy hard to start doing, the lift relies on a lot of factors. Also, be patient!

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

patience.. thats a good one, haha.

today

1st day back for a while

back squat high bar

45lbs warmups

95lbs x5 x3

115lbs x5 x3

135lbs x5 x3

155lbs x3 x3

95lbs x5 x2

then

KB swings 35lbs x10 x3

dips x3 x3

TRX pushups x10 x3

DB snatch 45lbs x3 ea arm x3

then shoulder mobility

then fin

YAY

OUCH

Current challenge
My Training

Man, I hate those days when lifts just don't go right! I totally understand where you're coming from with the aggression. I haven't done PCs in a while, kinda miss them too, but I remember reps where if just one thing was out (probably many things were, but one of the things I was conciously aware of), the lift just didn't make it! Sounds like you punished yourself pretty hard after too, I do that as well :) Though I've never puked.

Lachy sounds like exactly what happens to me. i'll be so focused on one little part of the lift i just jack the whole thing up! Glad I'm not the only ont hat punishes yourself for a terrible lift session. its just so aggravating cause you want nothing more than to be able to do it!!

Current challenge
My Training

Ugh deadlift is a whole different beast. I actually have one of the trainers watch my DL form and he says I'm pretty decent. Does he know what to look for considering I've reallynever seen him do deadlifts? I don't know. But it makes me feel better. I get the whole hip drive thing, its pretty annoying specially with the higher weights where everything really matters or else you're gunna hurt yourself.

Current challenge
My Training

Got in a pretty bad car accident yesterday in which I almost killed someone. Highway and she slammed on her breaks out of nowhere and I couldn't slow down/get out of the way fast enough. Caddy is totaled and the other lady's jeep rolled but she's okay. I can't move my head cause of the whiplash so they have me on vicodin and other crap. It sucks cause I was omw back from the good deed of the day of shipping a friends package to afghanistan, after doing an honor guard funeral and folding a flag for a fallen vet. GAH.

So hopefully insurance is on my side.

Current challenge
My Training

Got in a pretty bad car accident yesterday in which I almost killed someone. Highway and she slammed on her breaks out of nowhere and I couldn't slow down/get out of the way fast enough. Caddy is totaled and the other lady's jeep rolled but she's okay. I can't move my head cause of the whiplash so they have me on vicodin and other crap. It sucks cause I was omw back from the good deed of the day of shipping a friends package to afghanistan, after doing an honor guard funeral and folding a flag for a fallen vet. GAH.

So hopefully insurance is on my side.

Current challenge
My Training

I don't know if insurance will be on your side. They tend to always side with the person in front.. eventhough you were driving a caddie. Those suckers man.. they don't stop. : / However, more importantly I'm so glad no on died. And that the injuries on yourself were not worse. :/ That's pretty rough. Just take a break and a breather. You'll be back to yourself in no time. Also, when dealing with insurance companies calling just take it one step at a time because it'll be over before you know it. These situations can be really energy taxing.

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Damn, that sucks! So glad there were no serious injuries or deaths, and glad you're mostly OK, whiplash will pass. Take a few days off training though, don't agrivate anything that might not be obviously hurt.

Don't admit any wrong to the insurance companies, ever. Just state the facts of what happend. She breaked hard, you breaked hard, cars collided, nothing you could have done differently. You've got insurance, it's their job to sort it out, worst case you pay your excess and they do the rest, that's why you have insurance.

Haha thanks Lachy! I think everyone will be happy to know that 1) I am friends with a state trooper (yay having connections for once in my life!) and he is helping me through this the right way and making sure no lawsuits/faults are on my side and 2) the other lady's statement was that she freaked out and breaked hard after hitting the roadwork which may make her at fault :). My friend said the trooper on my case is just giving me a verbal warning (which is awesome) and is going to investigate the roadwork situation.. since there were absolutely no signs up that said roadwork ect, the roadwork company may be at fault. Its all looking good and the blame is off of me so I am so thankful for that. No one understands how thankful I am!

Today I was feeling good enough to hit the gym again.

front squat

45lbs x10

65lbs x10

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x3 x3

125lbs x2 x3 (pr)

95lbs x4 x2 (legs were jeellllyyyy)

then

kb swing 30lbs x10 x3

chinup hold leg lifts x8 x3

dips x4 x3

trx pushups x10 x4

then shoulder mobility and fin

more on my challenge thread, but still, feeling good :)

Current challenge
My Training

oh, but the insurance company still has yet to tow my car and appraise it. which means another week or so of the rental because I can't even car shop not knowing if the caddy is fur-sure totaled (which it is, but i just need the ok)

Current challenge
My Training

archive:

10/25

gym this morning

deadlift

45lbs x10

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

180lbs x3, x2 x2

135lbs x5 x2

then

jumprope x50 x6

burpees x8 x3/(switched off) KB 30lbs swings x10 x3

shuttle sprints

then shoulder mobility/fin

10/28

back squat

45lbs warmups

95lbs x5 x3

115lbs x5 x3

135lbs x4 x3

155lbs x2 x4

165lbs x2 x2 (pr? idk anymore, i'll have to check)

135lbs x5

95lbs x5

then

jumprope (switching between one-legged and such) x50 x5

KB swing 30lbs x10 x4

dips x5 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

chinup hold leg lifts x8 x4

then ab burnout on decline situp w/25lbs

then row machine to see what my time was for 500m (2:02 )

then shoulder mobility and FIN

good day! jelly legs

10/30

el gymo

deadlift

45lbs warmups

95lbs x10 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x3 x2

195lbs x2 x2

200lbs x2, x1 (yay back up there!)

i didn't get to do the deload pyramid cause that's when i told the other lady i'd teach her how to dl.

then

jumprope (1 and 2 legged) x50ish x4

kb swing 35lbs x10 x2 (switched w/)

burpees x8 x2

then shuttle sprints x4

then ab burnout w/25lbs

then shoulder mobility

teaching a little more

then fin!

10/31

front squat-

45lbs warmups

65lbs x5 x2

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x5 x2

125lbs x4 x2

135lbs x2 x3 (PR!)

95lbs x5

then

jumprope (one and two legged) x50ish x4

one hand snatch 45lbs x3 ea arm x4

dips x4 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

and dead haha.

11/1

row machine 200m x5

box jumps x20 x5

kb one armed swings x15 x5

jumprope (one and two legged) x50ish x5

shuttle sprints x5

ab burnout (decline bench w/25lbs)

shoulder mobility

DUNNNN

11/2

DL

45lbs warmups

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x4 x2

200lbs x1 x4 (couldnt do the x2 reps because my damn hands!)

135lbs x5 x2

then (even tho i told myself all i was gunna do was dl)

dips x5 x4 (getting easier!)

chinup hold leg lifts x5 x4 (my hands... gah)

trx pushups x10 x4

ab burnout situps on decline bench w/ 25lbs

shoulder mobility

DUNNNNN

11/5

back squat

45lbs warmups

65lbs x5 warmups

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x2 x4 (PR!)

135lbs x3 x2

then

200m row machine x3

20 box jumps x3

15 KB swings 30lbs single arm x3

jumprope (10 two feet, 10 right, 10 left, alternate amrap) x3

Current challenge
My Training

archive:

10/25

gym this morning

deadlift

45lbs x10

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

180lbs x3, x2 x2

135lbs x5 x2

then

jumprope x50 x6

burpees x8 x3/(switched off) KB 30lbs swings x10 x3

shuttle sprints

then shoulder mobility/fin

10/28

back squat

45lbs warmups

95lbs x5 x3

115lbs x5 x3

135lbs x4 x3

155lbs x2 x4

165lbs x2 x2 (pr? idk anymore, i'll have to check)

135lbs x5

95lbs x5

then

jumprope (switching between one-legged and such) x50 x5

KB swing 30lbs x10 x4

dips x5 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

chinup hold leg lifts x8 x4

then ab burnout on decline situp w/25lbs

then row machine to see what my time was for 500m (2:02 )

good day! jelly legs

10/30

el gymo

deadlift

45lbs warmups

95lbs x10 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x3 x2

195lbs x2 x2

200lbs x2, x1 (yay back up there!)

i didn't get to do the deload pyramid cause that's when i told the other lady i'd teach her how to dl.

then

jumprope (1 and 2 legged) x50ish x4

kb swing 35lbs x10 x2 (switched w/)

burpees x8 x2

then shuttle sprints x4

then ab burnout w/25lbs

then shoulder mobility

teaching a little more

then fin!

10/31

front squat-

45lbs warmups

65lbs x5 x2

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x5 x2

125lbs x4 x2

135lbs x2 x3 (PR!)

95lbs x5

then

one hand snatch 45lbs x3 ea arm x4

dips x4 x4

trx pushups x10 x4

and dead haha.

11/1

row machine 200m x5

box jumps x20 x5

kb one armed swings x15 x5

jumprope (one and two legged) x50ish x5

shuttle sprints x5

ab burnout (decline bench w/25lbs)

shoulder mobility

DUNNNN

11/2

DL

45lbs warmups

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x4 x2

200lbs x1 x4 (couldnt do the x2 reps because my damn hands!)

135lbs x5 x2

then (even tho i told myself all i was gunna do was dl)

dips x5 x4 (getting easier!)

chinup hold leg lifts x5 x4 (my hands... gah)

trx pushups x10 x4

ab burnout situps on decline bench w/ 25lbs

shoulder mobility

DUNNNNN

11/5

back squat

45lbs warmups

65lbs x5 warmups

95lbs x5 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

175lbs x2 x4 (PR!)

135lbs x3 x2

then

200m row machine x3

20 box jumps x3

15 KB swings 30lbs single arm x3

jumprope (10 two feet, 10 right, 10 left, alternate amrap) x3

Current challenge
My Training

DL

45lbs warmups

95lbs x10 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x4 x2 (damn hands losing grip)

205lbs x1 x5 (i swear, if my hands weren't torn up right now...) PR

135lbs x5

PC&J

45lbs warmups

65lbs x5

85lbs x5

95lbs x5

105lbs x2

115lbs x5

125lbs xfail

Current challenge
My Training