Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

sup yall

today it was hard to get out of bed even though i went to bed at aboot 10pm. definitely need to start going to bed early again (damn online games being so addictive). 

Anyways, today was volume squat day and the last day of lifting before my PT test for the army. 

Backsquat- 

45 warmups

65lbs x10

85lbs x10

95lbs x5

115lbs x5, x4, x3, x2, x1 w/ 45 sec in between

95lbs x10, x9, x8-->x1 w/ 1 min rest above 5 reps, 30 sec below

45 x10 cooldown

medicine ball (diamond) pushups x10 x2

situps x20 x2

diamond pushups x10 x2

situps x20 x2

trx pushups x15 x2

situps x20 x2

3 rope climbs, dunnn

sorry if that last bit is confusing, kinda did every other pu/su, but swapped the kind of pu I was doing. I wanted to do the decline bench situp but it was in the other room and i havent been out there in ages so i just said screw it. 

now killing time before my medical exam for the PD. last step before the polygraph/getting hired. 

just put chicken caccitore in the crock pot for dinner (yay) and now to wait the day out. per usual. 

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Hey guys

Kinda in a slump again. Well, not really, but upset. Since the government shut down, drill was cancelled and I have no National Guard obligations until further notice. So not only do I not have a PT test (that I've been working towards for a month and a half now), but I also cancelled my plane ticket so I'm stuck in WA until further notice, and it may be easily another year before I head home again if I get this police job (because of the training). Good news is that atleast all of my training wasn't in vain, since I have a PAT fitness test for the PD coming up if all goes well on my final (polygraph) interview. 

So yesterday was a rest day because Wednesday was a messsssss. That was the day that I found out I wouldn't have to go to drill, so I went in after my volume squat day and tried doing snatches. Well I didn't think I was that sore, but when I started, it definitely hurt. I failed pretty bad, had trouble getting 85 up, but got to 90 with a few drops. Didn't even try 95. I was going to run after but my knees were hurting and I figured I should listen to my body, so I stopped. Yesterday I rested, and tried to eat relatively healthy. 

Today I think I'm gunna just go for a light run and maybe do a few sprints with some pu/su's after. Keep it light for a while since my body definitely still hurts. 

But I have alllll dayyyy. And I have school work I need to do. Good news again is that I haven't drank in the last two days :). Been heavy on the water and feeling really good. I really need to start representing the PD I may be working for very soon, and I think getting shytefaced drunk every other night is not a good representation. So a few beers here and there but nothing extreme. Woohoo being 21. Haha.

Later guys

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

Just got back from my run. I went to base just to get out of the house, and did my 1.5mile loop (of which i thought was two miles.. ho hum), then 4 100m sprints, then called it a day since I don't want to over do anything. 

Now school. Motivation is difficult to come by these days

Current challenge
My Training

hey again all

so my knees were killing me on friday so I took saturday and sunday off, and monday lol. but today I am back! we watched a couple eating-healthy documentaries last night and the husband thinks we should start eating better (finally!). 

Today (I hit a PR again on the Powerclean!)

Powerclean

45 warmups

65lbs x6 hang

85lbs x5 power then hang

95lbs x3 power then hang

115lbs x5 power only

125lbs x3 power only

135lbs x3 power only PR!!

95lbs x3 @ hang x3

so finally got back to 135 after about 10 months since I last hit it. I wore my knee braces today too to help with the pain and stability, and i think they helped

then x3 of

10 burpees w/ jump
10 box jumps (hip flexors killed so took it easy on these)

10 35lb KB single arm swings

then x3 or

20 situps

10 TRX pushups

played with the pullup bar (tried those ladder climb things again, jumping from the bottom rung to the top one, starting to suck at this cause im thinking too much)

anyways, good workout, got alot to do today between school, grocery shop, and study for the next oral exam for a backup PD tomorrow that i totally forgot about. OOPS. 

till tomorrow

Current challenge
My Training

this week has been good to me in regards to my lifting. since my PT test was cancelled and the Police fitness test is 100x easier than the army one, I've been able to focus more on going heavy than before. 

Yesterday: 

Snatch day! My fave

45 warmups

65lbs x5 floor, then hang

75lbs x5 floor, then hang

85lbs x8 floor

90lbs x3 floor

95lbs x3 floor PR!!!! I finally hit it after months of mental blocks. Hope I can keep it up

85lbs x3

65lbs x2 floor, hang

then I went for a 1.5mile run

Today Deadlift day (heavy!)

45 warmups

95lbs x10

115lbs x10

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x4 x2

205lbs x2 x2

215lbs x2 

225lbs x1

235lbs x1 x3 PR

240lbs xfail oh well :P

135lbs x5

then

medicine ball PU x10 x2

dips x3 x2

situps x20 x2

TRX PU x10 x2

dips x3 x2

situps x20 x2

3 rope climbs yeeeeeeee

dun

so hit PR's pretty much all week! even took a video of my 235 DL for a form check and realized it doesnt look as bad as i thought so thats why I kept going. I may post it if I get the erge to upload it. 

now lunch time! 

I've also been trying hard to eat as clean as I can, and slowly decreasing my caffeine intake (monster a day... trying to cut that out). I dont mind my coffee pregym, but coffee + a half scoop of c4 is too much, then i come home, crash, and have a monster. Yeah. Cutting that out. 

Also one of my newer goals is to seriously stop drinking beer so dang much. I'm going to DD as often as I can, and only have a beer or two when I'm out and I'm not DDing. Yeah, lets see how that goes :P

Current challenge
My Training

th_VIDEO0062_zpse1ac25a5.jpg

sry its external, can't figure out otherwise

235lb PR deadlift (@150lb BW)

yes i start from the hang and realize this is cheating

i think i need to work on keeping the hips and shoulders equidistant during the lift, cause i straighten my legs first, then back, which is putting more strain on my back? no back pain though, and hopefully ill keep gaining!

Current challenge
My Training

Aloha!

On the deadlift, if you are weak coming off the floor, work on doing deficit deadlifts for a cycle.....and RDLs are always a good thing for many reasons.

You will need to go much lighter, but it will allow you to have more power coming off the floor.

Regardless, 1.5x BW deadlift is badass...;)

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha!

On the deadlift, if you are weak coming off the floor, work on doing deficit deadlifts for a cycle.....and RDLs are always a good thing for many reasons.

You will need to go much lighter, but it will allow you to have more power coming off the floor.

Regardless, 1.5x BW deadlift is badass... ;)

Sorry for the late response! But thanks for the reply :) Deficit deadlifts... those are new to me, it'd take some time to get used to. I don't know if I'm upset that I'm weak coming off the floor.. but I know I should atleast train to do it the right way. I went light for so long and I'm just starting to make gains, so going light again will be a pain but overall worth it I'm sure. I'll look into it! Thanks :)

Sorry I didn't post yesterday! 

Yesterday was sprint day

1 mile (4 laps) warmup

300meter sprint@ 52 seconds

200m @ 33s

200m @ 32s

200m @ 34s

200m @ 34s

and 4 100's

1 lap cool down.

streeeeeettttttchhhh. my butt always hurts after sprint day. 

I was DD that night, too, so I didn't eat excessively or drink excessively. so good night! today I had a few beers but its all good. 

today was a rest day, caught up on school work. 

don't know about tomorrow. might go hiking/might workout.. don't know what I'd do. volume squat day?

Current challenge
My Training

ps- haven't had a monster in 3 days!!! its like the 3 day hump day :P still have my coffee in the morning though. and made some chocolatey saltine things tonight after curry (rice and chicken) dinner soooo not too good but not terrible. better than I have been doing. 

also, yesterday I felt AWESOME in the morning. like, gogogogogo. usually i crash around 12pm.. i have a terrible issue with tiredness. its mild anemia/other issues, and when i eat clean/dont rely on caffiene i usually feel better. but its hard to get off the caffeine when you always feel like shit. but thats what I'm going for, eating clean is a start. sooooo hopefully i'll be able to cut the shyyyte. 

anyways, yesterday i didn't crash for a while, but today i was just tired all day so i dont know what to think about it. working on it! winter is coming.....

Current challenge
My Training

Sup world

Yesterday was an active rest day, did an easy climb/hike 3 miles out, 3 miles back, about 3 hours total through the Olympics. Good hike! Maybe 15lbs on my back. 

Today was front squat day. Day off for the army so the gym was PACKED. so not cool. 

Front squat

45lbs warmup

65lbs x10

95lbs x6 x2

115lbs x5 x2

135lbs x3 x3

145lbs x3 x3

115lbs x3

then four rounds of

front squat 95lbs x3

40lbs single arm KB swing x10

50lb single arm DB snatch x3 ea arm

10 TRX pushups

then two rope climbs

then owwwy

then done

today is day 5 without a monster (if I survive the day!). Yesterday I didn't eat too good, BBQ for late lunch/early dinner, then we caved and got some curry to split later on, a few beers. Overall not terrible, just that it was all eaten later in the day made for an uncomfortable (i feel fat) morning. lol. I got some abs coming in and I'm not really sure what my stomach is doing muscle-wise, but its something! I haven't benched or done any overhead lifting (save for a couple jerks here and there) so my arms arent getting grossly big again, so I'm really liking the transformation my body is doing this time around. I am scared to step on the scale though, cause I know its going to be heavy since I started lifting heavy again. Oh well. Long as I can keep my run time/sprint time down :)

Current challenge
My Training

Owwy. I am rediculously sore today. But that's good. 

Today I really didnt want to go, but I dragged myself there for SOMETHING. So I did a volume deadlift day off the floor. 

Deadlift (from floor)

95lbs x10

115lbs x10 x2

135lbs x8 x2

155lbs x5, x4, x3, x2, x1, x2, x3, x4, x5

135lbs x5, x6, x7, x8, x9, x10 

Hands torn and legs soooreeee so I didnt do anything else. Tomorrow will be a run day (maybe sprints depending on my legs) and I should definitely throw in pushups and situps somewhere since I got the police fitness test coming up (someday) and want to max it. 

Eats have been good. Yesterday was really good, after my workout I had a lil scoop of leftover rice, lots of veggies and some meat sauteed for lunch. I had sardines at like 4, then for dinner we made a gluten free pizza and had 2 slices. only bad thing was that I had like 5 beers lol. oops. But woke up and looked good this morning :)

I really generally do somewhat of a fasted training. I have half a protien bar before my workout (~100cals, ~7gs protein) that I really want to swap out for a couple scoops of BCAAs. But untill I can comfortable afford that... ;)

Then I come home from the gym, wait a lil bit usually and have a protein/carb meal around noon. Then a protein snack around 3-4, then dinner around 6. I try to stay clean and I've been doing good. 

Also, this will be day 6 of no monster. I'm really trying to cut the afternoon caffeine intake and just get through my slump without the aids, but its so hard because I get sooo tired. Yesterday I lasted till 3 and had a coffee. Today I only had one cup of coffee before the gym and no preworkout supps. I usually have eggs but there arent any so I'll probably do that rice and veggies stirfry again with some chicken. OR I could make chicken wings... ;) so many lunch options! 

Anyways, rambled enough, I'm hungry, and havent showered yet :P 

Current challenge
My Training

today was a nice easy day. i watched a video on BB.com about this BB chick with self esteem issues that transformed herself and is now a famous swimsuit model. so it motivated me and i went and did something a lil different. 

I did a trail run ~2m hilly and such

went to the gym for an intense ab session, maybe 20 minutes of 

Medicine ball russian twists on the decline bench, situps w/ medicine ball (10lbs)

stablility ball planks/leg curls 

2 rope climbs

and now I am enjoying a sweet potato, spinach, peppers and onions w/ 2 poached eggs breakfast/lunch!

feeling really good today :)

Current challenge
My Training

Another good day at the gym! I'm so glad I don't go in aimlessly and do volume lifts anymore. Lifting for gains is definitely where I'm happiest and feel most at home. 

So snatches have been my favorite lift since I started them, but also the hardest lift for me to get over mentally. I was stuck at 90lbs for MONTHS with a mental block against getting heavier. Last snatch session I FINALLY hit 95! And today I hit 100!!! x2! and a bunch of fails but shhhh :P

Snatch!

45 warmups

65lbs x a bunch (floor then hang)

75lbs x a bunch (floor then hang)

85lbs x3 (floor then hang, first time I've done 85# hang!)

95lbs x3!!

100lbs x2!!!! But a bunch of almost-up losing balance fails that I'm still happy with since usually I dont even get it over my head PRRRRRRR

95lbs x2

85lbs x2

65lbs x5 hangs

then 4 rounds of

20 situps

10 24in box jumps

10 40lb single arm KB swings (owwy, 40lbs)

10 TRX pushups

then done!

really good day today at the gym. I woke up late too and thought it was going to be packed but! it was not! yay. 

tomorrow is friday and therefore it is sprint day (i hate sprint day) and saturday will be PC day depending on how sore I am. Maybe I'll even hit 140 on the PC!

Current challenge
My Training

So yesterdays foods were good! I tracked my breakfast and said hey this is stupid so I stopped tracking. Bad things happen when I track (ei anorexia). 

Breakfast/Post workout (noonish)- 1/2 sweet potato homefries (no butter or oil), mushrooms, spinach, 2 poached eggs

Dinner (more around 5)- home made lamb curry w/ spinach and mushrooms, no rice

~8pm some saltine crackers

I also had 3 beers and 1 jack and coke... yup. Yay home alone blues. 

Today was going to be a sprint day but yesterday my knees were really acting up so I decided to do a full rest day. Tomorrow will still be PC day, but sprint day will probably be sunday now. 

Breakfast was 3 hard boiled eggs and a banana with some peanut butter. I went to wally world today and picked up a crapton of veggies I'm going to experiment with while I'm home alone for the next week. I really really want to start eating clean again. 

ALSO day 8 without a monster!!! Only 1 cup of coffee this morning too :)

Current challenge
My Training

Todays foods

Breakfast/lunch- three hard boiled eggs, banana, peanut butter

snack- collard greens

Dinner- beef bulgogi cut, home made  tzatziki sauce (nonfat yogurt base, spices, garlic, cucumber), tomatoes, spinach, red onion, mushrooms

2 beers

totals

cals- 1505

protein- 95g

carbs- 122g

fat- 56g

wow, so this is the first time i've tracked my food in monthssss. My target cal is about 1500 on rest and 1700 on workout days, so I'm really happy with where I ended up. Ideally, on rest days I would have my carbs lower than 100, and ideally every day I would have protein higher than 120g, but hey for just getting back into it I'm thinking it looks good so far. I'm hoping the good foods will help easy my aching body and tiredness. Only one cup of coffee today too :)

now to be lazy and alone and lay on the couch on this friday night.

Current challenge
My Training

Good day at the gym today again!! I'm so happy I decided to start lifting heavy again, I keep hitting PRs! 

Power clean 

45lbs warmup

65lbs x5 x2 hang

95lbs x5 x2 hang

115lbs x5 floor, hang a few

125lbs x5

135lbs x4 (hit and miss, failed a few before i got it up, but AWESOME!)

140lbs x2 (missed a bunch too, but I got 2 up so I'm happy!!) PR!

115lbs 

95lbs x3 hang

YAYAY hit 140lb!!! SO PUMPED. PC has been another mental battle for me. 

then 4 rounds of

single arm 50lb DB snatch x3 ea arm 

10 trx pushups 

35lb single arm KB swing x10

20 situps

then two rope climbs

and a few ladder (jumps? climbs?) swinging myself from bottom rung to top rung n the pullup bar

so overall awesome day I had alot of fun. I set my alarm for 730 so I could beat the gym crowd, but i didnt set it for saturday :P turns out I missed the crowd anyways :) wore 1 knee brace. Definitely helped! 

Now school work time! And food time!

Current challenge
My Training

PS- day 10 of no monster! and i havent been counting but maybe day 3-4 of eating pretty darn clean!

Adding yesterdays food to this post-

Again eating clean! I actually had a dream that my mom was forcing sugary fake foods down my throat (before we went through the hurricane/tornado vortex/teleporters down in alabama and I saved my kitten to climb mt everest... yeah, i have effed up dreams). 

Breakfast/lunch- sweet potato tots, onion, mushroom, spinach, 2 poached eggs, ham

Snack- zuccini/asparagus

Dinner- spaghetti squash, ~8oz chicken, home made tomato sauce

Snack- baked squash seeds ;), added a protein shake (~25g protein, 1 scoop creatine, coconut milk, half banana, ice, blended)

Yup! I also threw in fish oil and calcium/vit D supps in a resort to help my aching knees/body. Usually after heavy powerclean days I'm a wreck but so far today I feel great. Knees obviously hurts still but not as stiff as it usually is in the morning. Went to bed feeling full ans satisfied. 

Totals-

Cals- 1401.5

Fats- 57g

Carbs- 91g

Protein- 125.5g 

Once again, go figure on heavy load days my carb intake is that of a rest day :P Protein hit 125 though happy with that. Overall I probably could have eaten more but since I'm doing relatively paleo everyone knows eating 1700 cals of fresh veggies and meats is hard lol. 

Anyways, sprint day today. Its so gloomy out thats why I'm killing time posting this. Hopefully my knee will continue feeling good (better). 

Also, thinking about the next challenge. I want to start some progress pics and numbers. I'm excited :)

Current challenge
My Training

Didn't bring my watch to my sprint session today :( but I survived it! And did 300m twice for the first time in a LONG time! 

Todays run/sprint day- All are untimed unfortunately :(

~1.25mile run

300meter sprint x2 

200meter sprint x2

100meter sprint x4

yeaaaah buddy! The pace felt good, so I probably hit the 300's in around 50 seconds, hopefully under. 200's felt awesome too, each time I did them I felt like I could keep going to the 300 line but definitely didn't want to push it since every time I hit the 300 I felt like collapsing and puking haha. Which is good! I think one of my goals for the next challenge is to reduce my rest time in between sprints, and hit at least 3 300m sprints in under 50 seconds in one workout. Do-able I think! 

Also I think its worth noting- my knees didn't hurt till the last two 100m sprints, which I am super pumped about. I really think between the clean eating and braces when I lift they're slowly becoming stronger. Hopefully this will continue. 

My running shoes are currently shit, too. I've had them well over a year and its time to invest in new ones. So today I'm gunna head out and get a new pair. I'm stoked :)

Later on I'm going to really lay out my lifts, try to set up a set routine, and set, realistic goals that I can work towards, since I'm actually lifting heavy again. As of now I have till January for the Police Academy, so I'll do what I can up until then. ALSO, I weighed myself today (against my better judgement), and not only are my lifts increasing, but I'm losing weight :). Last week I was a bloated 155lbs, which I attributed to my increase in weights and water retention, but today I was 150. Yay! 

Will post later with foods and more rambling. Can you tell I'm lonely?

Current challenge
My Training

Okie doke lets look at foods today

pre-workout- half protein bar

Breakfast/lunch- 3 poached eggs, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, onions, zucchini 

snack- leftover spaghetti squash and sauce

Dinner- ~4oz salmon brushed in olive oil, ~12 large shrimp, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach

later- I'll have a protein shake w/ creatine, almond milk, ice

I had my fish oil today and calcium/vit d supps. 

totals- 

cals- 1422

fat- 65g

protein- 139g

carbs- 72g

I think it was good, minus the fats, but thats okay I'm not nit-picking that much yet, as long as I can stay clean I'm happy. I tried not to go too high on carbs today (hence the no sweet potato), because it was only a run day. Overall I'm really happy with my foods :). Right now I am enjoying a vodka and coke. 

I had (for the first time in a while) a night terror last night. Woke up to someone standing next to my bed, panicked, kicked, screamed, cried, and snapped out of it luckily when my cats ran into the room meowing. Thank jeebus kitties. So the rest of the night was restless, so I didn't sleep well, I slept with the tv on after that. So I was tired today as opposed to the last few days, but hey, I'm still eating well and haven't done anything bad so I'm really excited. I'm definitely going to keep this up for a while, I'm starting to see the glow to my skin again. 

I'll reflect on some numbers tomorrow, I'm planning on Deadlift tomorrow, from the hang, hoping to hit 240 finally :)

Current challenge
My Training

Your macros look really solid too.

I can tell you definitely know what you are doing.....*nodding.

Great work!

P.S. Get that 240!

Sculptor - Warrior

LVL 4 | STR 10 | DEX 8 | WIS 12 | CHA 8 | STA 1 | CON 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your macros look really solid too.

I can tell you definitely know what you are doing.....*nodding.

Great work!

P.S. Get that 240!

Thanks, I've bounced around on certain "diets" for so long I've got a general idea of what my food should look like. I think I learned the most from IF and I still apply that almost daily. 

Also... I hit 240 :P

Current challenge
My Training

Today- good news- I hit 240 on the DL. Bad news- I got news that I didn't get the Police job I've been working towards for a good 3 months now. Oh well, live and learn and carry on. 

Today's workout. I got up early (yay) and hit the gym. 

Deadlift 

45 warmups

95lbs x10

115lbs x10

135lbs x5 x2

155lbs x5 x2

185lbs x4 x2

205lbs x3 x2

215lbs x2

225lbs x1

235lbs x1 x2

240lbs x1 PRPRPRPRPR

205lbs x2

135lbs x5

my hands hurt so much at the end of this I couldn't really do a good deload

then 4 rounds of

20 situps

4 dips

10 trx pushups

10 leg lifts

tried to focus on stuff that didn't hurt my hands moreso than they already were :P

So yeah, left the gym to pick up stuff at the store, got a phone call telling me I was removed from consideration. Its understandable, I am only 21 and the main reason was that they wanted me to mature. I don't know if I'm going to stay in WA, I may move back home to MA and pursue something closer to home. I'm definitely going to take what he said and run with it. I do want to better myself and its kinda funny he says that now, in the time of my life that I'm trying to hard to better myself. Again, take it and run. 

My first reaction was to eat EVERYTHING. But I got home and didn't want to lose progress, so I just kinda made an elaborate breakfast with steak and eggs :P Not the best fatty foods to eat after a heavy lift day but hey, its better than drowning in fast food and monster. 

Till later!

Current challenge
My Training

Foods for today-

I have one observation- it is really hard to keep eating when doing a semi-IF and paleo and hit decent amount of calories for a heavy lift day. 

That being said-

Preworkout- half a protein bar (ordered BCAA's today! So soon I'll be having BCAA's instead :))

Lunch/Breakfast- tip steak, sweet potato, 2 eggs, onions, zucchini ~12pm

Snack- forced myself to have a protein shake ~3pm (so not hungry)  coconut milk, whey, creatine, half a banana, ice

Dinner- ~10oz grilled chicken, ~10 grilled shrimp (new addiction), asparagus, 2 beers

So stuffed. I really wasnt hungry all day today. 

Totals

Cals-1352

Fat- 29.6g (is this right..?)

Carbs- 70g 

Protien- 152g

Good protein, bad overall. Nothing Paleo/clean is really that high calorically. I really should increase my carbs because of my workload today and I actually have rice in the fridge I could have made a rice side and easily added carbs and overall cals, but I'm just full. I really only want another 30g's carbs, but its late and I don't like having stuff so late. Sucks too cause 6g of those carbs are beer (miller). 

Had my calcium and fish oil. Have to say my knee is bothering me a little right now. I really want to keep drinking but I want a 6pack and a good snatch session tomorrow more. 

Now that I don't have the police fitness test I'm going to be lost in my supplementaries. I think I'll just keep with pushups/situps in their many variations. But I should look into more rotations of different stuff. Anyone lurking feel free to leave suggestions. 

I'm really tired. Between the night terror two nights ago, and last night w/ the light on, choppy sleep, and the bad news I'm kinda spent. Still hope I can hit another PR on the snatch tomorrow. I feel the anger/frustration building so it'll either be a good workout or a bad one. We'll seeeee! Bed early tonight. Need to get back on it.

Current challenge
My Training