Moved from the muscle boards... trying to maintain!

Workout #1! Run day :) Its so nice out! 

2 mile trail run, very hilly

moved to the track- 

100m sprint, 50m jog, 50 m walk, repeat x10 

1 lap jog cool down

felt good, but hard. Took it easy for the first time in a couple months that I've sprinted. Hopefully I'll be back up to the 300m's in under 50sec soon. 

School work time. 

Anything is possible for him who believes. (Mark 9:23)
"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training
STR-10 DEX-6 STA-9 CON-4 WIS-16.5 CHA-5

Yeah I just left MA/IL and am now back in WA for the time being. Can't complain because the Northeaster is brutal over there right now. Its like 45 and sunny today :) 

"The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid." -Marcus Aurelius
Current challenge
My Training

No workout 2 tonight either. I don't know if I'm ever going to get to the gym twice a day. Who knows though I'm not ruling it out completely. 

foodssss

preworkout/run- banana, half scoop BCAAs (i was hungry)

post- 150g sweet potato, spinach, 2oz chicken, onion/pepper

2pm- 2 cans tuna, spinach, mustard, banana peppers (salady)

later- handful of tortilla chips (bad me!), bowl of fat free yogurt w/ 1/2 scoop whey

dinner- 7oz pork chop, no breading, green beans

I'm at the point where I don't want to eat, but if I want a good workout tomorrow I should eat more carbs before I call it a night. 

totals

fat- 34g

carbs- 110g

protein- 147g

good on protein for the day, would like ~40g more carbs but like I said I don't want to eat right now. 

Still have a little less than half a gallon 

took my fish oil and glucosamine

no alcohol :) 

stretched tonight, will stretch more too

no school work yet, going to log on and check out the assignments

no zombie killing today, but lots of virtual pets

so if I am to eat anything else tonight it'll be an apple or something like that 

tomorrow.. PC day. gunna try to go heavy :)

Current challenge
My Training

Just finished my PC workout for the day, now I'm eating a butt ton of food

power cleaaaaaan

65 1 floor, 4 hang x3

95 1 floor, 4 hang x3

115 1 floor, 2 hang x3

135 1 floor x5

145 1 floor x3

150 1 floor x5

155 xfailed a bunch

135 1 floor, jerk x3

115 1 floor, 3 hang x2

95 5 hang x2

ouch

2 rounds 

35lb kb single arm swing x10 straight into

10 high pulls

10 trx pushups

5/6 bar jumps

got further on the muscle ups, got both arms over the bar then its like... now what haha

eating, im tired, hoping food coma will allow me a nap

Current challenge
My Training

Way to rock out on the diet the last few days

Like your body weight workout have about 2 to 4 pages of workout for you hope you enjoy.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

yarrg food time

foods

pre- bcaas, banana

post- 250g sweet potato, 10oz chicken breast, spinach

later- apple, yogurt w/ whey and creatine

dinner- chicken caccitore (my fave) w/ thigh meat, 2c rice

totals

fat- 23g

carbs- 257g

protein- 143g

awesome on fat and protein, hit and went over on carbs quite a bit, too much rice, oh well! I was low the last couple days and my body was aching today so hopefully it won't effect me negatively. 

not sure about tomorrow, either run (distance) or squat. or both. but I guess it depends on how I feel when I wake up. My hips have been feeling really well and I'm SOSOSO thankful for that. Not 100% but they don't hurt as much. I think the closer stance/being careful with how wide my feet get definitely helps. 

onto the next on onto the next

Current challenge
My Training

woo NF is back up! 

Sunday was a rest day, ate swell. 

Monday (yesterday) I snatched up to 115 and solidified the PR, but thats all I did and I ate like absolute S#&T because I had a really bad mental day. BUT! I baked a turkey and have 15lbs of turkey ;)

Today- back on track 

Front squat (cause I'm starting to hate back squats)

45 warmups

95 5 x3

115 5 x3

135 5 x2

145 x3

155 x3 x2

165 x2 x2

175 x2, x1

135 x3

95 x5

then 3 rounds

15 24" box jumps

10 burpees

3 50lb DB snatches/ arm

played with the bar jumps

foam rolled

stretched

DUN DOODE

school and eat time

Current challenge
My Training

Way to hit it you.   Good job on the workout over all.

“Happiness consists in getting enough sleep. Just that, nothing more.†  Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.†  Starship Troopers

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and their freedoms†  Starship Troopers

Follow and comment for my current challenge at this link:  

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39940-toms-adventures-in-rangering

And this is my Battle Log

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38791-early-morning-challange/page-2

thanks again tom :)

anyways, yesterday was a good eat day, didn't track, went to lift at the gym but was too sore to DL so did a BW circuit

4 rounds

10 slow hanging leg lifts

4 dips

incline bench 18lb ball bounce 10 ea side

15 24" box jumps

10 35lb KB single arm swing

amazed me how out of breath I was for these.. am I getting sick?

did lots of abs/decline bench twists/etc

foam rolled the hips

stretched

done

today i tried to DL again, got farther but still my body/mind hates me

95 x10

135 x5 x2

155 x5 x2

185 x5

205 x5 x2

225 x3 x2

135 x5

tried at some muscle ups on the ring.. sucked

just said f it and left. will probably do something tonight

leaving for home tonight for an overnight flight. don't know if im coming back on tues or if my job will start and let me stay in MA longer

mind hates me

tired

got nothing left

Current challenge
My Training

So I fell, hard. Again. 

Husband and I got a separation, divorce to follow down the road. Great. Aunt passed, was in charge of everything along with my cousin. Started taking 3 classes to finish my Bachelor's, going to my Master's after. Job keeps getting pushed back, should be starting in in April. Getting my class A gun license soon. Applying to jobs overseas as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan or Africa. Lifts are semi-growing but not nearly as well as they could be. Eating is awful. Drinking way too much. 

I'm ready to get back on track. So I'm going to start tracking again. Starting with a cut. 

Current challenge
My Training

did as much of a cardio session as i could

ran 1 mile @ 8mph

stair climber 5 minutes (lv 13)

4 rounds 

95lb powerclean x7---->95lb DL x10----->45lb KB high pull x10

ran a half mile

done

sweat like a mofo, which was my goal

now eating 7oz chicken breast, squash, cabbage

Current challenge
My Training

So I fell, hard. Again. 

Husband and I got a separation, divorce to follow down the road. Great. Aunt passed, was in charge of everything along with my cousin. Started taking 3 classes to finish my Bachelor's, going to my Master's after. Job keeps getting pushed back, should be starting in in April. Getting my class A gun license soon. Applying to jobs overseas as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan or Africa. Lifts are semi-growing but not nearly as well as they could be. Eating is awful. Drinking way too much. 

I'm ready to get back on track. So I'm going to start tracking again. Starting with a cut. 

Boooooo! Stupid life craziness... Hope it all gets better for you.

did as much of a cardio session as i could

ran 1 mile @ 8mph

stair climber 5 minutes (lv 13)

4 rounds 

95lb powerclean x7---->95lb DL x10----->45lb KB high pull x10

ran a half mile

done

sweat like a mofo, which was my goal

now eating 7oz chicken breast, squash, cabbage

Good work! With all the above on your plate, you're my new hero!

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

So the real life stuff kinda sucks...like a lot.  BUT the fact that you are still doing so much despite all of that is so impressive. 

I just spent like 15 minutes reading through this beast of a topic, 3 years in the making, and can I just say....WOW.  You're pretty awesome in a lot of different aspects.  The work outs are crazy and also how much detail you put in your posts.

Anyway keep it up and you'll outlast this most recent storm.

Boooooo! Stupid life craziness... Hope it all gets better for you.

Good work! With all the above on your plate, you're my new hero!

Thanks Darwin! I'm only expecting it to get worse before it gets better, but when it gets better the storm and the fight will definitely have been worth it.

So the real life stuff kinda sucks...like a lot.  BUT the fact that you are still doing so much despite all of that is so impressive. 

I just spent like 15 minutes reading through this beast of a topic, 3 years in the making, and can I just say....WOW.  You're pretty awesome in a lot of different aspects.  The work outs are crazy and also how much detail you put in your posts.

Anyway keep it up and you'll outlast this most recent storm.

3 years? My lord haha. Its definitely been on and off and I can't bring myself to start a new topic haha. I actually had to fight for them to re-open it after they locked all the older threads haha. 

Thank you much though and thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you enjoy the detail... I kinda tend to write way too much cause I have no other means of venting throughout the day lol. Hope I stick around for a little longer this time!

Current challenge
My Training

SO! Update. I've been working out lately still, (never stopped) and yesterday was back squat, the first GOOD back squat session I've had in a while that my hip didn't feel jacked up and what not. 

Been adding a mile run warmup to my workouts and I think thats definitely helping out the loosening up the body and getting the sweat on. I feel more accomplished the more I sweat. 

OH!!! And I can do 5 PULLups now. So pumped. I can do like 10 chinups too :) 

Anyways, I'm starting a detox/cleanse thing today. I'm two cups of coffee and a three mile run in so far and I've got the jitters like nobody's business. 

So this detox is a 4 day paleo detox that includes a shake of like a million different veggies for lunch/breakfast, tea, coffee, coconut oil, and a paleo dinner (I chose chicken breast, onion and garlic). I realize I'll probably be eating less than 1000 calories a day and because of this I am definitely lowering my workload. I plan on doing light, short volume lifting sessions in the afternoon about an hour after my shake. I also started doing a light run first thing in the morning. 

The whole idea of this is to 1) cleanse my body of all the s*#t I've been dealing it lately 2) lose a quick 5/10lbs (they said average is 6lbs) 3) get a food foundation for muscle gain 4) not drink for a while 

As some of you (whoever is reading....) may know, I've been struggling with my drinking and although its not an addiction I can feel the delicacy of it and that the point is approaching where it becomes a dependency. It helps me sleep, it calms my mind, and with night terrors and an overactive mind lord knows the secret isnt hidden that alcohol helps. 

So I'm on day 4 now of no drinking (yay!) and day 3 of melatonin, sleeping with the lights on to ensure I get a solid night's sleep. Tonight I'm pretty sure I'm going to try for the first time in a few weeks to sleep with the lights off with no help of alcohol to hinder the terrors. I did have some crazy cold sweat nightmares last night, so we'll see how it goes. 

Anyways, so my days will consist of

2.8m run

coffee w/ 1/2 tbs coconut oil

shake

gym

tea

dinner

obv subject to change and the order/time done is not set in stone. I'll be doing school work, studying, and working in between

OLAY

Current challenge
My Training

Awesome job on the pullups. I need to make those a priority. I can't even do one. Although its not like I've really tried recently.

Careful with the detox. Definitely don't overdo it. I've done a few cleanses myself and I remember a three day fast I started while in a workout recovery phase that caused me to lose muscle.

How's the melatonin treating you? I tend to have some pretty crazy/vivid dreams when I take it.

I shit you not, just the other night I overdid it. I first took 12mg, then after that didn't work I took another 12 mg. Later that night, I had a super vivid and lucid dream where at first I thought I woke up while I was falling toward the ground as if I was thrown from an airplane. It was in full, vivid, detail and felt very real and scary. When I saw an (maybe the) airplane fly beneath me I realized that this made zero sense so I decided I would start flying around in the sky. So I did that for little while. I was flying around above trees and clouds and rainbows. It was awesome, but at the same time a very cliche children's fairy tale thing. Then eventually my super powers faded and I landed on the ground in a field. After walking around a bit I got bored and woke up.

=====================================================================================================

--Stronkey Kong--

Awesome job on the pullups. I need to make those a priority. I can't even do one. Although its not like I've really tried recently.

Careful with the detox. Definitely don't overdo it. I've done a few cleanses myself and I remember a three day fast I started while in a workout recovery phase that caused me to lose muscle.

How's the melatonin treating you? I tend to have some pretty crazy/vivid dreams when I take it.

I shit you not, just the other night I overdid it. I first took 12mg, then after that didn't work I took another 12 mg. Later that night, I had a super vivid and lucid dream where at first I thought I woke up while I was falling toward the ground as if I was thrown from an airplane. It was in full, vivid, detail and felt very real and scary. When I saw an (maybe the) airplane fly beneath me I realized that this made zero sense so I decided I would start flying around in the sky. So I did that for little while. I was flying around above trees and clouds and rainbows. It was awesome, but at the same time a very cliche children's fairy tale thing. Then eventually my super powers faded and I landed on the ground in a field. After walking around a bit I got bored and woke up.

Hahaha wow, yep that is the textbook definition of vivid dreams! That's so awesome though, I haven't had a flying dream in a while, but when I do its usually like me running down a hill, jumping into the air and twisting my body.. somehow that provokes the flying side of me and then I fly haha. Ish. 

I have the "extra strength" melatonin my friend lent/gave me when I told him I hate sleeping pills and I don't sleep. Not going to lie, the first time I took them I was in a "whatever" mode after a few beers and the drive back across country (where I totaled about 9 hours of sleep for 4 days), and took I think four of them? Between the not sleeping and the melatonin I felt like crap the next day. So I stayed off of it and now I just take one (3mg I think) about a half hr before bed.. usually when I open up a book to read, and I'm out. Last night though I woke up around 2 and absolutely could not go back to sleep. I've been sleeping with my TV on, too, to ensure no night terrors and a nearly full night's sleep. Melatonin definitely leaves a quarter of the hangover than my old stuff the doc gave me left. Haven't taken that stuff in ages. 

As for the detox, its not so much a fast, I eat every day... just an awful broccoli shake (w a whole lotta other stuff) in the morning, some Yeba mate tea, coconut oil, and then chicken breast for dinner. I have two dinners to ensure I get as much protein as I can and that I don't go to bed hungry. One at 5 (I'm usually starving) and one at 7/30 ish. Don't know if I put this already but I'm down from 158 to 151 so far, I know its all water weight but to feel everything firming up again is a great motivator. I can't believe I'm on day three already. 

Side note, my hearts been acting up alot lately. It started happening about around when my aunt passed away and I got to deal with getting everything in order with my cousin, so I thought it was just stress. Pretty much my heart rate will spike to up to 100bpm randomly throughout the day, periodically or consistently do the "pounding" where I feel like I'm eating it, and as of recently breathing has become harder and it kind of feels like there's a whole lot of pressure in there when I try to take a deep breath, which usually hurts. So after the other night/day when the pounding got bad and I couldn't breath I figured its probably about time to call the doctor, and I made an appointment for this afternoon. 

There is also a To Write Love on Her Arms speaker coming to Connecticut tonight (2 hrs away) and it starts at 7, so if the doc appt is fairly short I think I'll head down there to check it out. Got nothing else to do while I'm avoiding the bar scene and such. 

Yesterday I did a 3 mile run, but I was so fatigued from the detox (close to 0 carbs, high fat, body is "switching" into ketosis) I had to walk about every 5 minutes. Also the fact my chest killed didn't help. Today I'm skipping the run and going to the gym this morning to do the dreadmill for 2 miles (run or walk, whatever my body allows) and then some light power clean and jerks, probably 95lbs x5 x10, then stretch or abs and call it a day. 

I have an energy assignment I've been putting off so bad, hopefully I can do that then later. Welp off now!

Current challenge
My Training

On Melatonin... 3mg 30-60 min before bed is best, but yeah I've noticed that happening too, waking up in the middle of the night and not falling back to sleep. Some nights it doesn't happen and I'm still not sure why. Remember my middle-of-the-night-bagel experiment a few months ago? I was taking melatonin then. Carbs do help us sleep. It might help to save them for your evening meals or even a light bedtime snack once you get off your detox. I have decided to stop that warrior diet stuff I was doing, but when I did it, I slept like a baby... so I was reluctant to do so for a while.

Regarding your heart... that sounds a lot like what was happening to me a couple years ago before I started having panic attacks. Its good that you're going to see a doctor right away... I didn't. Don't let it escalate. It probably is partly due to the stress you've been and are currently under. I tried to buckle down and control everything. Instead try to let it out and let things be as much as possible. If you feel that happen try to just pay attention to what you're thinking and feeling, take a break from whatever you're doing, let it happen, and let it go. I've been seeing a counsellor about my recent/previous depression and anxiety. You should ask your doctor about counselling options/talk therapy. You've got a lot on your plate, and it really helps to just vent to an understanding stranger.

Also, awesome that you're still getting those workouts in with all this going on!

--Stronkey Kong--

Thanks Darwin! Always happy to log on and see you responding to my jabber :P

The Melatonin.. that might be why I've been waking up early in the morning.. 2-3am.. and not being able to fall asleep. I've been on a basically carb crash diet and haven't even put two-and-two together as to why I've been waking up, its just so normal for me, haha. That being said, I did try to sleep with the lights off the other night, and ended up having a fight with a night terror and flipping out on it asking why it has to do that and hitting it with my moose (yes, I sleep with a moose-protector). Good news is I didn't panic. Sooo who knows. Moose-hitting seems to usually work. Lol. Off track! 

So if you're no longer on the warrior diet (albeit because of income), what do you plan on doing for diet? I have to say, being on this ketosis-transitioning full-paleo diet, I'm definitely sticking to it. I have lost 10lbs and my stomach is tightening up like crazy again (finally!!). The only thing that worries me is my lifts increasing on a ketosis based diet with under 100g's carbs a day. I remember I did this diet a couple years ago and I had the best body of my life, but I also was marathon training and not lifting heavy. So we'll try it out for a bit. Its also harder to have a social life with this diet, so I'll have to account for a few purge days. Although I've been craving a big NY style bagel lathered in cream cheese... 

And my heart- thanks for the input. Funny thing is that I was so adamant against the fact that it was anxiety- I've always had alot on my plate, its cooled down, why is my heart still going crazy?!- So I went to the doc, they ran an EKG, BP, HR, etc, everything was normal. They 1) want me to wear a 24 hr EKG since my symptoms could be something bad and 2) took my blood to re-count my anemia to see if it could be that acting up. But, yesterday I didn't have a single palpitation or heart race. Could it be anxiety? It kinda hurts right now though. I do see a counselor now (for my terrors/sleep/issues) and she has helped me wean off of my drinking again, and commit whatever it takes to getting good sleep. I've pretty much been losing my mind (the only way I can describe it), not being able to remember anything, spacing out, blanking out, etc, its just awful. So sleep!! 

I've been rambling again. I'm glad you're seeing someone too, Darwin. And I hope for the most parts your attacks have calmed down. Are you pro-medication for that type of stuff? I have anxiety meds but they're the "non-addictive" ones that pretty much just put you to sleep. Mainly for falling asleep but they work when my heart starts racing too. If you're not already trying some I'd suggest them. You have a hell of a workload right now and you could benefit from easing your symptoms.

Current challenge
My Training

So detox update-

Yesterday was my last day!! YAYYYYY NO MORE GREEN SHAKE!

Lets see..

Monday- 

Banana (gasp, not on the detox) before gym

1.5 mile dreadmill

light volume PC 95lbs x3 x10

stretched

overall, didn't feel overwhelmingly tired like I have been. I did, however, get told by a friend I smelled like broccoli (so hawt). I resisted a call out to the bar, and my friends mom made lasagna that smelled FANTASTIC, but I said I had to go and went home and ate my chicken. Waaaa. 

Also, saw my russian BB at the gym, told him I was on a crazy cut and he said he noticed. Woop! He also told me I gained weight a little while back. So thats good. 

Tuesday: 

3 mile run (no stops!!) in the morning

errands, school, reading

ate a lil chicken before the gym

gym:

light front squat- 95lbs x5 x8

leg press- 135 x5 x3

abs

done

finished my second chicken breast at 730pm, and lord did I feel full. Pretty much had to force it. 

Today: I weigh 148 (started at 158!), and I'll maybe post something later, but I hate all the loops you have to jump thru to post something on these threads. 

Was gunna run again, but its snowing alot. Gym later probably. 

Gunna stick with the PALEO/ketosis shyte for now, until something pops up/ I get scared of fat again and can't do it. I have a thing against fat.. Anyone that's followed my logs would have noticed (<15g's of fat a day was normal). 

Tonight I have a meeting with the Chief of Police about my unrestricted Class A gun license I'm trying to get. I have a letter from my commander, 2 retired Lieutenant colonels, and a state trooper that say I can handle it, so hopefully that'll be enough. Found out the gun I want is illegal in MA tho. WAA WAAAH. 

Finished On Killing last night, moving on to either Gulag or an FBI Criminal Profiler book. Not sure which yet. 

RAMBLING= LONLINESS. lol. done

Current challenge
My Training